Safe Home Security Logo

Safe Home Security

Having problems with Safe Home Security?

Safe Home Security reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 14, 2006. The latest review False promises when you sign a contract with them was posted on Jun 2, 2021. The latest complaint False promises when you sign a contract with them was resolved on Jun 02, 2021. Safe Home Security has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 83 reviews. Safe Home Security has resolved 27 complaints.

Safe Home Security Customer Service Contacts

1125 Middle St. Ste 101
Middletown, Connecticut

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Safe Home Security Customer Service. Initial Safe Home Security complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Safe Home Security above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Safe Home Security. Discuss the issues you have had with Safe Home Security and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Safe Home Security Complaints & Reviews

Safe Home SecurityFalse promises when you sign a contract with them

I have had a faulty window sensor in my master bedroom that would at times complain about an open window. I even got a false alarm once and cops came to my house to check things out and so I stopped using my alarm for more than 2 years.

The customer service manager at Safe Home Security promised to fix my faulty window sensor and I signed a 3 year contract with them in February on that basis. He sent me an e-mail to back up his promise. Because of Covid we delayed the technician coming over until recently. However, the technician said it will actually cost me $240 or $9 extra per month to fix the sensor since I have a hard-wired system. The customer service manager now claims he had no idea that this would require more work than he expected.

Now I am either forced to pay more money or stuck with 33 more months of a worthless contract which they refuse to cancel. I have already paid 3 months on this contract without using the security system.

RESOLVED

The director of customer service at Safe Home Security called me the next day after I posted this complaint. He wanted to know the details of why I was upset. After listening to me he agreed that I had reason to be unhappy and said that he did not want to lose my business. He arranged for a technician to come and set up all 4 sensors at no additional cost to me. I am really glad that things worked out for me.

• Mr
      Mr. JPhillips Jun 03, 2021

My name is Jevaun Phillips and I'm the director of customer service. Our customers experience means more than anything and i was in contact with our valued customer to make things right.

We will do anything in our power to make sure we are satisfying the security needs of all of our customers.

• Sw
      S Warrier Jun 10, 2021

@Mr. JPhillips The company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product replacement. The director of customer service at Safe Home Security called me the next day after I posted this complaint.

He arranged for a technician to come and set up all 4 sensors at no additional cost to me. I am really glad that things worked out for me. Thank you!

Safe Home SecurityProducts such as camera for outside garage and wifi receptor do not work

We are upset that we have been billed for services that we di not receive. We had a situation in the service were cut and we had no service for almost 3 months. However since you were removing money from our account we had no address or telephone number to get in touch with u. So the only way to get your attention was to contact our bank and stop payment. When we finally talked to you, you were insistent that we pay you for the months of services that we did not receive. My husband was not very happy about the bill. The woman we talked to finally decided to drop the charges and we were to pay the $58.99 per month charge for service. Again our next bill had the $300.00 plus added to the bill. My husband saw that and was furious. We want this contract to be dropped. We will pay you the monthly charge of $58.99 but that is all. We also had paid for camera and receptor but never received any credit for the equipment.

Sincerely, Richard Eichhorst Account# 579526

• Mr
        Mr. JPhillips Jun 03, 2021

Good Morning,

My name Is Jevaun Phillips and I reached out to resolve you complaint with respect to your account please reach me @ [email protected]

Apr 16, 2021

Safe Home Security — Unethical actions/ shady

I have been trying to cancel my service for months like since November of 2020 an when I finally got a hold...

Safe Home SecuritySafe Home Security is refusing to cancel my two alarm systems.

I have had nothing but issues with the two systems I have. Multiple false alarm calls due to malfunctioning parts. I have called multiple times starting mid 2020, with no resolution. On December 1st I sent a letter requesting both services be canceled effective 12/8/2020. They have confirmed they recieved the letter and ignored it!! I called multiple times again, and on February 2nd I spoke to Michelle who said she could not cancel my services and I requested to speak with a manager, she told me her manager was on another line and he would "get back to me", I'm still waiting!! I called back and someone transferred me to the "cancellation department"...which was a non existing voice mail! I'm done!! Per the April 19, 2019 court order against Safe Home Security, I am requesting to "opt out" without penalty and without risk of negative credit report.

Jan 08, 2021

Safe Home Security — Ring security system

I had a service set up with Safe Home Security November 20th 2020 Upon my installation I had several...

Oct 27, 2020

Safe Home Security — Misleading sale & billing practices

In June of 2019 my husband was contacted about winning a home security camera. I was not interested in the...

Oct 11, 2020

Safe Home Security — Cancelling contract

I have been a customer with Safe Home Security for over 21 years. Due to my recent financial changes I can no...

Safe Home SecurityHome security

Safe home security had a contractor come to my house with paperwork and had signed with guarantee of camera and other alarms. The contractor did not have all the equipments and they had me sign the paperwork before they could even install the equipments he came with. I have called, emailed, and tried all type ways to try and get a hold of them and they would not take my calles. But the started calling me after I close my bank account and stop payments. Every time they called I would ask them to cancel the service, the alarm was disconnected, the security camera was never installed, firefighters should up my house with no warning. I can go on.
        They just keep charging me years after years for service they do not provide to me.

Sep 23, 2020

Safe Home Security — Home alarm system

I want to give Negative grade! don't do any business with this company, and don't come close to...

Safe Home SecurityAlarm service

I signed a 3 yr renewal contract in july 2020 for home alarm system plus and outdoor camera. The camera was never installed but I was charged for it $354. In addition they have a $5 upcharge on my monthly bill for video from the camera. I have called many times, they do not respond or call me back.
          I tried cancelling the charge for the purchase of the camera on my visa but the company immediately posted the charge for the camera again on the credit card.

This company is not honest.

Sep 17, 2020

Safe Home Security — Erroneous charges for alarm system services at 298 nottingham drive, calera, al

I have tried to cancel my account with Safe Home Security for years now. I was in the Army and due to a PCS...

Safe Home SecurityAlarm system

I have sold my home and moving out of state. I have been informed by Safe Home Security that I still need to pay them for the next three and a half years for the home I have sold.
            I signed an agreement for two years and I am now being told that it is for five years.
            They will not cancel my contract. How do I get rid of this. The system has not worked since I first got it. Alarm constantly says windows are open and they are not. Cameras do not work and constantly go off line. They will only provide a service tech on the days that I am working. I am a nurse and cannot take off, especially now in the current pandemic climate.
            My credit card company states they will not cancel because they are contracted to pay the monthly bill.
            Please advise how I can get rid of this.
            Linda Kent

Safe Home SecurityHome security system

This system was never installed properly has never ever worked. The people that installed it used our adt box to put their service into and said don't say anything about it. Well i am telling you this does not work and now i want out of this because it is coming out of my bank account and nothing works. They say i have to pay to get out of my contract. I don't want anyone in my home to try and replace anything due to the virus and i want this billing stopped immediately. July 2018 installed.

Safe Home SecurityContract was misleading

We listened to a sales pitch at the local home show in Tucson. First question I asked was if there was a contract because I knew we were only going to be living in the house for another year or two. We were told it was month to month. They came out to install and used the existing ancient ADT equipment that was already there. Only thing different was the control panel. My 79 year old husband was given a paper to sign. The contract was for 36 months with a 90% penalty. We sold the house after one year. They refused to negotiate a settlement and told us we owed the 90% for two more years. The contract also indicated that the sales person was not associated with the company, also something we weren't told. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE FRAUDULENT IN THEIR BUSINESS PRACTICES AND THERE IS A CONSUMER AFFAIRS LAWSUIT IN CONNECTICUT WHERE THEY ARE BASED SHOWING THEY ARE IN CONTEMPT FOR VIOLATING A SETTLEMENT WITH THE CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT THERE!

Safe Home Securityunauthorized charges to my account, security system not working properly

I wrote already a 2500 word report and did not get it posted.
                  I have been charged unauthorized charges, not impressed with customer service. Trying to cancel contract but keep getting a big run around. I am so very angry I can not even think straight right now, but I will be sending a letter to cancel my account in the mail also.
                  customer number c565064. The dates are Jan 10, 2020, Jan 23, 2020, Jan 28, 2020, Jan 30, 2020, Feb 7, 2020.
                  I really hope that someone in this company cares about their customers and reaches out.

Oct 17, 2019

Safe Home Security — monitoring services

I signed up with my Original Monitoring Company, Tekna Monitornig of Arizona on 5/2018. Tekna Monitoring wa...

Safe Home Securityalarm company

I have been trying to cancel my contract with Safe Home Security for the last 2 months and to no avail they will not cancel it I sold my home and the current owner does not want the system. They tack on an additional 2 years from the 5 year contract that they stated i signed. I have contacted BBB and they closed the case I am now dealing withe the State Attorney i want no more dealing with this company everyone you talk to are all managers and liars no one is willing to hear what you have to say. i will do everything in my power to shut these people down.

Safe Home Securityalarm

Alarm two system hasn't worked since it was installed back in 2015. We have have called many times and had so many service calls over the years still doesn't work! The two way system rings several times then says you can't reach anyone or hangs up on us. Several minutes later we get a call from them, (sometimes) othertimes we don't at all.
                      We don't feel safe! You know what could happen in several minutes?!! We have 3 little kids. We want out of our contract, we refuse to pay for something that doesn't work any longer!!

Safe Home Securitycancel my account

A young lady from your office called me and told me it was time to renew . She said I have to sign a five year contract and what the new rate would be. I told her that I was not going to sign for five years I would do a two year .She said I have to sign it that is all their is to it . I told her no and hung up. I then went to a new company and now have them taking care of my home . I will not be told that I have to do something I don't want to do.

Safe Home Securityalarm and customer service

This company is a mess.. When Les came to my home to offer us an alarm system. We already had a system at the house, he informed us that his company would be buying out the company we had and they were updating systems for all the customers with a free Ring and a camera. We signed up and they came and installed the cameras, and then that's the last I heard from them. Except my old alarm company was still billing my account and SHS was trying to collect the monthly payment also. I wasn't sure what was happening until another representative contacted me and that's when the truth started to unravel. I have been emailing and calling non-stop for a year to have them cancel my service. I received a call yesterday that I was in collections and I needed to pay the remainder of the contract which was about 24 more payments. This company is ridiculous. Worst customer service.