Complaints & Reviews

Safe Home Securityhome alarm systen

I want to give Negative grade!
don't do any business with this company, and don't come close to them

starting Feb 2020 our alarm system was getting insane charging it self when we were at home, start alarming for no reason (even when it wasn't on) and so on.
we called the company to get it fixed - it took a month, they send some one who said they cannot fix it and they will send replacement
after another month of false alarms we called again and again the same guy came with the same answer! at that point, he disconnect my alarm system completely.
since then, after dozen call to the call center, we finally got a new system but no one came to install it!!!
it is ridiculous, we are trying to talk to some manager there, but we get no where. we are trying to get service and it will be only in a month! and they refuse to pay me for the months i got no service.
i really wish i could break in the middle of my contract with them, but afraid it is illegal (if any one knows different please let me know)

i never give such bad critics, but do your self a big favor - don't do anything with that company!!!

Safe Home SecurityAlarm service

I signed a 3 yr renewal contract in July 2020 for Home alarm system plus and outdoor camera. The camera was never installed but I was charged for it $354. In addition they have a $5 Upcharge on my monthly bill for video from the camera. I have called many times, they do not respond or call me back.
    I tried cancelling the charge for the purchase of the camera on my Visa but the company immediately posted the charge for the camera again on the Credit card.

This company is not honest.

Safe Home Security — Erroneous charges for alarm system services at 298 nottingham drive, calera, al

I have tried to cancel my account with Safe Home Security for years now. I was in the Army and due to a PCS...

Safe Home SecurityAlarm system

I have sold my home and moving out of state. I have been informed by Safe Home Security that I still need to pay them for the next three and a half years for the home I have sold.
      I signed an agreement for two years and I am now being told that it is for five years.
      They will not cancel my contract. How do I get rid of this. The system has not worked since I first got it. Alarm constantly says windows are open and they are not. Cameras do not work and constantly go off line. They will only provide a service tech on the days that I am working. I am a nurse and cannot take off, especially now in the current pandemic climate.
      My credit card company states they will not cancel because they are contracted to pay the monthly bill.
      Please advise how I can get rid of this.
      Linda Kent

Safe Home SecurityHome security system

This system was never installed properly has never ever worked. The people that installed it used our adt box to put their service into and said don't say anything about it. Well i am telling you this does not work and now i want out of this because it is coming out of my bank account and nothing works. They say i have to pay to get out of my contract. I don't want anyone in my home to try and replace anything due to the virus and i want this billing stopped immediately. July 2018 installed.

Safe Home SecurityContract was misleading

We listened to a sales pitch at the local home show in Tucson. First question I asked was if there was a contract because I knew we were only going to be living in the house for another year or two. We were told it was month to month. They came out to install and used the existing ancient ADT equipment that was already there. Only thing different was the control panel. My 79 year old husband was given a paper to sign. The contract was for 36 months with a 90% penalty. We sold the house after one year. They refused to negotiate a settlement and told us we owed the 90% for two more years. The contract also indicated that the sales person was not associated with the company, also something we weren't told. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE FRAUDULENT IN THEIR BUSINESS PRACTICES AND THERE IS A CONSUMER AFFAIRS LAWSUIT IN CONNECTICUT WHERE THEY ARE BASED SHOWING THEY ARE IN CONTEMPT FOR VIOLATING A SETTLEMENT WITH THE CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT THERE!

Safe Home Securityunauthorized charges to my account, security system not working properly

I wrote already a 2500 word report and did not get it posted.
            I have been charged unauthorized charges, not impressed with customer service. Trying to cancel contract but keep getting a big run around. I am so very angry I can not even think straight right now, but I will be sending a letter to cancel my account in the mail also.
            customer number c565064. The dates are Jan 10, 2020, Jan 23, 2020, Jan 28, 2020, Jan 30, 2020, Feb 7, 2020.
            I really hope that someone in this company cares about their customers and reaches out.

Safe Home Security — monitoring services

I signed up with my Original Monitoring Company, Tekna Monitornig of Arizona on 5/2018. Tekna Monitoring wa...

Safe Home Securityalarm company

I have been trying to cancel my contract with Safe Home Security for the last 2 months and to no avail they will not cancel it I sold my home and the current owner does not want the system. They tack on an additional 2 years from the 5 year contract that they stated i signed. I have contacted BBB and they closed the case I am now dealing withe the State Attorney i want no more dealing with this company everyone you talk to are all managers and liars no one is willing to hear what you have to say. i will do everything in my power to shut these people down.

Safe Home Securityalarm

Alarm two system hasn't worked since it was installed back in 2015. We have have called many times and had so many service calls over the years still doesn't work! The two way system rings several times then says you can't reach anyone or hangs up on us. Several minutes later we get a call from them, (sometimes) othertimes we don't at all.
                We don't feel safe! You know what could happen in several minutes?!! We have 3 little kids. We want out of our contract, we refuse to pay for something that doesn't work any longer!!

Safe Home Securitycancel my account

A young lady from your office called me and told me it was time to renew . She said I have to sign a five year contract and what the new rate would be. I told her that I was not going to sign for five years I would do a two year .She said I have to sign it that is all their is to it . I told her no and hung up. I then went to a new company and now have them taking care of my home . I will not be told that I have to do something I don't want to do.

Safe Home Securityalarm and customer service

This company is a mess.. When Les came to my home to offer us an alarm system. We already had a system at the house, he informed us that his company would be buying out the company we had and they were updating systems for all the customers with a free Ring and a camera. We signed up and they came and installed the cameras, and then that's the last I heard from them. Except my old alarm company was still billing my account and SHS was trying to collect the monthly payment also. I wasn't sure what was happening until another representative contacted me and that's when the truth started to unravel. I have been emailing and calling non-stop for a year to have them cancel my service. I received a call yesterday that I was in collections and I needed to pay the remainder of the contract which was about 24 more payments. This company is ridiculous. Worst customer service.

Safe Home Securityhome security

When I signed up on 6/19/19, I was told I could cancel if I if I called with in three days, I was told by my old service that I would have to pay $2000 dollars, Being 80 yrs old on fixed income I can not afford this, I called the SHS rep on 6/20/19 and told him I needed to cancel and he said he would sent some one out to get the equipment, no one has showed up yet. My name Jack Lanaghan—160 O, Brien PL SW—-contract # 491939- Thank you Jack Lanaghan

Safe Home Securitysecurity service contract

This is a terrible, terrible company and I have no idea how they are still in business. We sold our home over 2.5 years ago which was 5 years after we signed the original contract. They claimed we signed a new contract after we paid full price to replace our control panel rather than signing a new contract and that we were still under contract for another 3 years. We did not pull the equipment out of our house, so they said there was nothing we could do even to stop services! They ACTUALLY claim they have no way of stopping services and refused to cancel the account! So the people that purchased our home have been stuck with this system they cannot control and we have complete control of it! How is that safe?! Do NOT EVER do business with this company. They don't care about keeping families safe, they just want your money. When you ask to speak to a manager because the customer service reps laugh in your face, they conveniently are never in the office. We tried to cancel yet again today and were told it will be ANOTHER year. Our bank has stopped payment. We filed a complaint with the office of the attorney general a year ago but it is a long process. They are actually being sued AGAIN for contempt of failing to change their misleading business practices. Don't trust them to protect your loved ones, there are so many reputable companies that will make sure you are their priority.

Safe Home Security — consumer fraud

In April Dan walker came to my home presented the safe home security system we discussed the parameters the...

Safe Home Security — security system

We live in Puerto Rico we had a hurricane 9/20/17 our system has not worked since, they were taking their...

Safe Home Security — alarm services monitoring

First of all, I was told, this alarm system was a promotional deal, where I would allow them to put a sign...

Safe Home Security — complain about this service!

On Dec. 8, 2017, I called them to install a door sensor, the lady I spoke with told me I have to pay a...

Safe Home Securitycustomer service and billing

he rep came to my home for demonstration and promptly gave all reason for their system. This included the facts as follows: the system could be cancelled at any time without penalty I was very specific in asking this question; discounts from sponsors would offset the cost which is a lie none of the vendors in the brochure have standard discount code for this product or service so it is a fight every month (my sponsors were att, aarp, spectrum and insurance and the only one of them that was somewhat valid was house insurance that only because of documentation for police0. ; there was no mention of a five year contract but when I called to cancel because of so many issues they said it could not. Be cancelled or I could pay 3000.00 to get out of it, I have records of phone calls dating all the way back to 6/18 with the first issue of a broken wrist band on wrist monitor they set up appointment for tech to come and never showed, then I called again and they said they had emailed the tech to reschedule and again nothing happened, the next called were to voice mail during all this time there was live chat on line with customer service who kept saying they would handle but nothing happened, finally after 5 weeks Taylor is one of the reps I talked with said she would send a new wrist monitor took 10 days to get it then another week to get activated I was told that the new wrist monitor was under warranty that it was no charge that there would be an invoice but just to ignore it that it is used just to get it ordered and I repeated it back that this was no charge warranty replacement. There was no mention of returning the defective piece at any conversation I had with the.. when in August they illegally accessed my bank account and took money for the defective part out without any notice or permission I had a fraud alert activated at the bank and through their investigation returned the full amount to my account. During this time I had called safe home and was told that was standard procedure and I told them the fraud stands because they were not given authorization for the access to withdraw funds for this charge. I was also told that they would send a return authorization which they did not do so I called again told them I never received return authorization they said wait another week I did still nothing so I then called billing and was told that they had canceled auto draft for the monthly service fee which I did request because I do not trust in the integrity of this company but they also said I did not need a return authorization that if I return said defective component with account number name then they would issue credit 10 days have passed and nothing still. Being disabled with a tendency for falls was the reason to get this system but I no longer activate it because I have no confidence in the company, it's personnel or monitoring ability the stress of this situation has brought my disease out of remission and I am no longer protected in the event of a fall. Since I live by myself it was a source of security but that is no longer he case. So in the end this company has terrible customer servuce, questionable business practices, bait and switch because they say nothing about it being a five year contract nor did I read that in the one I signed because I wouldn't it was important for he to know that it could be canceled at any time without penAlly if you no longer wanted it. And the renewal was yearly. Everything you are told from this company is a lie and since they prey on disabled and elderly people they need to be taken off the market. What I seek in justice is the desolation of the contract and hope that they get penalized for their deceptions and tat the fcc looks into them because they are using the air waves for telephone and internet as connect points for equipment.

• Updated by Dtd28086 · Oct 02, 2018

Letter received today that states I had a contract for 5 years which I have not signed

• Safe Home Security's response · Oct 02, 2018

In reading this post, I'm saddened by the perception of this customer, we offer life safety devices and proudly stand behind our product. We offer a parts and labor warranty because any piece of equipment can have be damaged through wear and tear for this we make sure you're covered. we minimize the cost to the customer by replacing the equipment all that is required is you send the old piece back, this is standard practice. we pride ourselves on transparency and integrity with everything we do. I would like to extend my information for you to contact me personally and clear up any confusion there may be. please feel free to reach out to me at [protected] ext 1406.

• Safe Home Security's response · Oct 02, 2018

[protected] ext 1406 my name is J. Phillips.

• Updated by Dtd28086 · Oct 10, 2018

Just to update on this situation I received an invoice for approximately 170.00 with three days to pay it this is because I took them off of auto draft since they took money out without permission I no longer wanted them to have access to my account nothing had been said during all this time about having to pay quarterly if you are not on auto pay and one of the issues has always been affordability at 54.99 per month the offsets that you claim are not valid because the companies you claim give the offsets don’t there is nothing set up with them for discounts I learned that first hand from AT&T, spectrum and the only one maybe validwas 15.00 per year off house insurance only because there is a document listing the house is listed with police and fire. So every contention that a client is told is a lie. At this time being on a fixed income there is not 170.00 in my budget it was a struggle with the 54.99 but I felt it was important enough for my safety but at this time I feel that I have been abused by your company but I will call tomartow and discuss but at this time there is no confidence, trust, or belief in your company and as far as integrity I do not see that. And as an additional note the defective wrist band was returned I gave the receipt signed for that it arrived but you have yet to return the money you took from my account. So much for integrity.

• Updated by Dtd28086 · Oct 11, 2018

I have called j. Phillips as indicated in previous comments as always left message but no response. This is exactly what I’ve had to deal with since 6/18mwhen this started .

• Updated by Dtd28086 · Oct 15, 2018

I’ve called and left messGe in response to j Phillips comment to call but no return call. It is such a shame that a company pretends to care when in reality they put forth no effort to resolve issues. It is plain to see because of the number of complaints posted on consumer affairs. The issue seems to be consustent with what happened to me so here is my final posted here. The invoice I received for 170.00 to pay for three months cannot be paid because I’m on a fixed income and cannot afford that it would Lea e me 20.00 for food for three weeks if I paid it. Can I pay the monthly fee of 54.99 yes and would but was told that I could not pay monthly although they did the draft monthly. My warning is to anyone considering this company as a source for an alarm monitoring system to run in the opposite direction. My next steps will continue with consumer affairs investigation and then notification to FTC AND FCC . The American public especially disabled and elderly should be warned.

Safe Home Security — won't cancel my service after 14 1/2 years!!

After being a customer for fourteen & a half years with automatic withdrawal successfully coming from my...