Menu
Safe Home Security
reviews & complaints

Safe Home Security
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

97 complaints
33 resolved 64 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Safe Home Security. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
3:37 pm

Safe Home Security - Can't end the contract with out a huge payment!

Some how they got my 90 year old Mother to agree to a 60 Month contract..

I am moving my mother to a Board and Care, and wonted to close the account, They deduct $43.49 a month from her bank account!

My mother is Legally blind and can't see the alarm panel, and can't read it to set it. She never used it.

Now the want $1250 to get outof the contract!

This is Elder Abuse!

What can we do?

Desired outcome: end contract without a Fee

8:13 am

Safe Home Security - Safe Home Security

This company tricked me into signing a 5 year contract at a high rate, and when I sold the property, the new owner agreed to take it over. They told her she would have to get her own contract, therefore they could double dip on the same address. When figured out what they were up to and decided to go with a different company. Now they are damaging my credit and demanding payment for a property I don't even own.

Desired outcome: Stope billing me and clear the credit damage.

B
1:45 pm

Safe Home Security - Termination of service

I was told when I called and asked about cancellation of my service that my contract was up in April 2022... Today I called to cancel and I was informed that since I didn't send them a written cancellation that my contract automatically renewed (without my authorization) and I could not cancel until March 2023. When I called they said that if I sent them a letter now cancelling that I would not be cancelled for 60 days after receiving the letter. The service is terrible, one alarm has not worked for over a year... And my alarm is going off now and no one has called to notify, as has been the case many times. Service I am being billed finally after a year or more of getting billing straight... Fighting that battle for many months, and now they are trying to tie me to them without service or help for another 3 month billing period... Safe Home Security 1125 Middle St. Middletown, CT 06457

Desired outcome: cancel my service immediately with only the month of April due...and no other charges

1:41 pm

Safe Home Security - safe home security security system contract

This company has very unethical and sneaky business practices. Now they have damaged my perfect credit. I had them install a security system at 132 10th st E, St Paul, MN 55101 on 9/18/2019. The installer asked me to sign after he had installed the system so I thought it was just an installation receipt. That business failed because of covid. I sold the property on 12/15/2022. I found out when I tried to cancel that it was a 5 year contract. I would never have knowingly signed a 5 year contract. However, the new owner agreed to take over the contract (which I agreed to still be responsible for) but when she called to set it up, they tried to sell her a new contract so they could double dip on the same property. She figured out what they were up to and went with a different company.

Desired outcome: remove credit damage. Monetary damages would also be welcome for the stress and wasted time trying to get this resolved.

1:53 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was a customer from 2008 until 10/28/20. I requested my service to be cancelled due to a broken alarm. My alarm stopped working for several days and I could not get a technician to come out to service it. After several calls to the Safe Home Security I spoke to Customer Service on October 26 again on October 27 prior to canceling my service because no one...

7:16 pm

Safe Home Security - Safe Home Security Home Security System

In 2019 I had Vivint Security home security. In August 2019 a Safe Home Security representative and technician came to my door and said they were here to update our current security system which was Vivint. They informed me that Vivint had gone out of business and Safe Home Security was taking over our account and they had all the details of our system and billing information. They went through our system and changed a few things and offered to sell us a Ring doorbell and install it. I agreed and signed a new contract with Safe Home Security.

In October 2019 our security system had a failure with one of the sensors. I called Safe Home Security and there was no one to repair it. I called Vivint since I was still getting monthly bills from them too. Vivint immediately sent a technician to look at the system. The Vivint representative said Safe Home Security was going to all of their Vivint Customers telling them Vivint had gone out of business. I was also still under a contract with Vivint. Vivint was not out of business. The Vivint technician replaced the faulty sensor that had stopped working because it became outdated. Vivint replaced the phone modem that Safe Home Security installed, and I resumed service with Vivint. I tried to cancel my contract with Safe Home Security numerous times, and they always refuse. I have been paying for Safe Home Security for service that I have not used since October 2019. I called them 3/7/2022 and they told me my contract goes until September 2024. They did offer a buyout which is equal to 2 1/2 years of monthly payments.

Sincerely Alan Heath

Desired outcome: Cancel my contract and stop the monthly charges. Stop paying for a service I am not receiving. Alan Heath

Apr 29, 2022 8:17 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yes. That is what they do. Pretend they are affiliated with another company so they can scam you into a contract with them. They are bad news.

6:06 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was under contract for services to my home in Washington D.C. 20020. In June of 2021 I sold my home and move to Fort Washington, MD. 20744. I contacted SHS, told them that I was moving and would like the system moved to my new home. A date was scheduled for the Tech to come out and uninstall the system. The Tech never showed up. I called to set another...

6:05 pm

Safe Home Security - Alarm monitoring

Our original contract expires March 2022. We have sold our home but they claim that someone contacted me last year and I agreed to a 5 year extension at the same price with no cancellation clause for moving. It is totally ludicrous to think that I would agreed to a 5 year extension when my original contract was not even up. Please help me get rid of Safe Home immediately.

Desired outcome: Honor original contract which has been fulfilled and cancel falsely extended contract.

T
10:14 pm
Safe Home Security has left an official reply on this complaint.

Safe Home Security - No outcome was ever mentioned, no result was never discussed.

My husband and I had (ADT Should have stuck with them). But we needed to

cut some corners, so we switched over to SHS , over the phone the guy we talked to said we signed a contract. we do not have there equiptment they used

adts, When Covid hit ,my husband LOST his job, and im disable. We called and were told we needed to write a cancellation letter and mail it. So We did and that wasnt good enough! They did not want to hear WE CANT AFFORD IT!. And are still charging us after our cancellation letter and a letter saying I was disable.

Still not good enough for them. Still Keep getting letters after 4yrs of cancellation lost of job,covid and disability ,THEY DONT CARE ABOUT PEOPLE! THEY WANT THERE MONEY!. sorry we dont have it! Pound salt!

Desired outcome: No Compation for humans at all!! There has been NO outcome positive at all . Just another Bill.

M

I'm so sorry to hear of your current issues Ms. Bungard.

Unfortunately, not being able to afford your current contract isn't a legal claim for exciting your commitment. I've seen similar situations end rather poorly for a home owner. Ultimately you could see them place a lien on your home with a growing balance because of late, legal and interest fees.

Sincerely, contact then directly; preferably in writing. Negotiate with them to settle the contract. I can safely assure you it is within your best interest.

B
11:44 am

Safe Home Security - I cancelled service

I was moving and called and cancelled service. Received an unexpected bill after cancellation and was told when I called that I should have sent a certified letter canceling service. I was not told this when I canceled service over the phone. I paid the bill. Safe Home Security sent report of late payment to credit bureaus which ruined my excellent credit. I spoke with representative at SHS who said she would scrub the report from my credit but it still remains.

Desired outcome: Remove late payment from credit report

Update by Beverly Withers
Dec 20, 2021 11:46 am

Address of SHS service was 74 Selvage Ave Teaneck NJ. 07666

Stephanie Johnson

customer since 2017 I've never been late are missed a payment. My system has been out of service for over 6 months. 4 people has been sent system not repaired. I've spoken to several managers to stop drafting from my account> The added a mic and restarted my contract with out my approval. My system goes off no one calls from the company are police department> I was told, it doesn't matter that its not working they will not cancel the service and I will continue to be billed>. Horrible company to do business with. i will post to every social media platform, Better Business Bureau, News scam Alerts.

2:14 pm

Safe Home Security - Unethical behaviour and practice by safe home security. Misleading practices and statements.

My original cameras and solar panels had to be replaced by Safe Home since they were no longer dealing with the company that provided the original cameras and panels. it took them months before they came out to replace the cameras but the solar panels even though they were removed were never replaced. I have been in regular contact with this company talking with Ryan, Steven, Scott, Brandon and Cody to name a few. I am being told that they will contact me with the panels came in from Eufy and I am checking with them regularly to see when or if solar panels are due. Today I am told that panels are something they don't do (but they were put in when I first ordered cameras with the solar panels. Now Scott is telling me today that I have options that I can do 1) they can come out and move cameras where I can reach and charge as needed; 2) or I can order from Eufy as an accessory which I understand they want me to pay for. Why is it my first order can not be filful. I had no say in the company they decided to deal with, but I know this company does have solar panels. I was promised solar panels up until this day and the story has changed. I was not given the name of Scott superior so it kind of ended with him. these practices are unethical and I am reporting them because I continue to make payment to them to keep my security system working I am too old (72) to climb to remove and recharge cameras at anytime, that is why I requested solar panels from the start. Please help!

Desired outcome: I would like my solar panels installed as with the original plan. They removed the other panels when new panels were installed and I was told panels were on back order. I pay monthly for their service and need the coverage I was promised.

8:55 pm

Safe Home Security - Customer service, technician, supervisors

Very shady crooked company. The worst company I have ever felt with if my contract price doesn't get fixed I'm going to the US Attorney office I am so sick of getting the run around. Supervisor Taylor who works in the Corporate office is nothing but a liar she had me sign a contract with cameras and mobile panel these items will not work at my house so she said I'm stuck with that price even though I'm not getting what I paid for she needs to put on some BIG GIRL PANTIES and do the damn job she promised me. Run far far away from this company

Desired outcome: My contract price to go back to normal price liked promd

R
4:56 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have had Safe Home Security monitoring my alarm since September of 2019 and have been very dissatisfied with their service and monitoring. I continually have low batteries on my sensors and am never contacted by them when setting the alarm off upon entering the home accidentally. When service calls are scheduled they are always late or do not show up. We...

Safe Home Security - Home security

The ring doorbell they installed, never did work at all, the battery charger they left for the ring doorbell, never did work so I could not charge the system, called customer care for replacement or repair, and I got no responce, the montior in the back didnot work, you to give good customer service, I jackie spencer of 505 smith st. In mckinney texas, would like the service cancelled and disconnected, the equipment was paid for up until may 2021, and I never recieved repairs, after I stopped payment then I recieved a responce, I am very disappointed in your security system and very unhappy with your customer service qualty!

5:28 pm

Safe Home Security - False promises when you sign a contract with them

I have had a faulty window sensor in my master bedroom that would at times complain about an open window. I even got a false alarm once and cops came to my house to check things out and so I stopped using my alarm for more than 2 years.

The customer service manager at Safe Home Security promised to fix my faulty window sensor and I signed a 3 year contract with them in February on that basis. He sent me an e-mail to back up his promise. Because of Covid we delayed the technician coming over until recently. However, the technician said it will actually cost me $240 or $9 extra per month to fix the sensor since I have a hard-wired system. The customer service manager now claims he had no idea that this would require more work than he expected.

Now I am either forced to pay more money or stuck with 33 more months of a worthless contract which they refuse to cancel. I have already paid 3 months on this contract without using the security system.

Desired outcome: Either honor your promise and fix the problem at no cost to me or allow me to cancel the contract

Read full review of Safe Home Security

The director of customer service at Safe Home Security called me the next day after I posted this complaint. He wanted to know the details of why I was upset. After listening to me he agreed that I had reason to be unhappy and said that he did not want to lose my business. He arranged for a technician to come and set up all 4 sensors at no additional cost to me. I am really glad that things worked out for me.

Jun 03, 2021 11:24 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My name is Jevaun Phillips and I'm the director of customer service. Our customers experience means more than anything and i was in contact with our valued customer to make things right.

We will do anything in our power to make sure we are satisfying the security needs of all of our customers.

D
5:54 pm

Safe Home Security - Products such as camera for outside garage and wifi receptor do not work

We are upset that we have been billed for services that we di not receive. We had a situation in the service were cut and we had no service for almost 3 months. However since you were removing money from our account we had no address or telephone number to get in touch with u. So the only way to get your attention was to contact our bank and stop payment. When we finally talked to you, you were insistent that we pay you for the months of services that we did not receive. My husband was not very happy about the bill. The woman we talked to finally decided to drop the charges and we were to pay the $58.99 per month charge for service. Again our next bill had the $300.00 plus added to the bill. My husband saw that and was furious. We want this contract to be dropped. We will pay you the monthly charge of $58.99 but that is all. We also had paid for camera and receptor but never received any credit for the equipment.

Sincerely, Richard Eichhorst Account# 579526

Jun 03, 2021 11:38 am

Good Morning,

My name Is Jevaun Phillips and I reached out to resolve you complaint with respect to your account please reach me @ [email protected]

5:04 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been trying to cancel my service for months like since November of 2020 an when I finally got a hold to someone they have just lied and lied to me about what is going to happen. For instance, they told me I was in a new contract because I added some extra insurance, but the service rep Oliver did not tell me that at least I cannot even remember...

K
7:06 pm

Safe Home Security - Safe Home Security is refusing to cancel my two alarm systems.

I have had nothing but issues with the two systems I have. Multiple false alarm calls due to malfunctioning parts. I have called multiple times starting mid 2020, with no resolution. On December 1st I sent a letter requesting both services be canceled effective 12/8/2020. They have confirmed they recieved the letter and ignored it! I called multiple times again, and on February 2nd I spoke to Michelle who said she could not cancel my services and I requested to speak with a manager, she told me her manager was on another line and he would "get back to me", I'm still waiting! I called back and someone transferred me to the "cancellation department"...which was a non existing voice mail! I'm done! Per the April 19, 2019 court order against Safe Home Security, I am requesting to "opt out" without penalty and without risk of negative credit report.

Desired outcome: Cancel both systems belonging to Kristi Hornick at 1620 Pinecrest Rd Green Bay WI 54313

2:46 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a service set up with Safe Home Security November 20th 2020 Upon my installation I had several concerns. I call 800-833-3211 I was always told I would receive a call back and most of the time no one will call back. They were always willing to sell me more service. I have not received service on what, I 'm already paying for and never had any type of...

4:55 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In June of 2019 my husband was contacted about winning a home security camera. I was not interested in the program but he invited the salesperson for an Arlo Home Security camera to come to our home. I was busy at the time and did not sit in on the conversation about how the system worked. My husband informed me that the salesperson told him the original...

Safe Home Security contacts