ADT / poor service

South Africa Review updated:

My mothers house had ADT alarm system which is attached to their armed response.
In September 2011 my mothers house burnt down and the alarm system also got damaged. We notified ADT about the matter. While my family was still trying to fix the house and get it back to its structure, ADT was still debiting the monthly instalments. My parents are both pasioners and they are staying alone.

ADT have been promising to sort out the issue by installing another panel, to this day we still waiting. The past week I have been calling theiR accounts department and they have done nothing to atleast assist or stop the debit orders. I feel they do not care about the customers as long as they milk money from clients. There is no way they can debit money for a service that was never rendered.

ADT in question is in East London (Mdantsane)

Please assist.

Nk

Comments

• Aw
      31st of Jul, 2012

ADT is awful. My parents house burned to the ground due to a forest fire and they lost everything they have as well as my brother and his wife. ADT is charging both of them for security systems that are no longer here and for "protecting" home that are complete ash. They were told they would not do anything for my parents or brother. That they had to pay out their contract regardless. If they had just offered to suspend the contract until they were able to get a new home we all would have been satisfied but no they are greedy. My house had no power to two months due to the same fire and trust me they have been charging me as well for services not provided. File with Better Business Bureau.