[Resolved] ABC Financial & Fitness Edge / financial scam, fraud

http://www.theedgefitnessclubs.com/, Stamford Norwalk, Connecticut, United States Review updated:

I called to cancel in april and was told that I needed to send in proof that I moved away to avoid cancellation costs and that my change of address form would not suffice. So it took
Me a couple months to get my license renewed and I paid for those 4 months even though I don't live close to the club. I sent in proof that I moved in june. I was told that you needed one month notice with the proof, well I gave it to abc financial. Turns out I sent it on the 23rd and I had to send it by the 22nd. I already paid for 4 months and the $40 for the yearly fee even though I lived in a completely different state, which is $168. Now they are charging me another $31.91? Cathy at abc was completely unwilling to work with me and would not give me a managers name. This is an unacceptable business practice and horrible customer service. Do not join edge fitness or any club that uses abc financial! I plan on placing a charge back on the past 4 months, the yearly fee and the charge they will not stop from going through on july 22nd. I am in the process of writing on every consumer board I can find on the internet and making a better business bureau claim. I am not some crazy angry lady. I'm just angry and have been completely screwed over by this company. Just try not to deal with them ever.

• Resolution statement

• ABC Financial Services Customer Care's Response, Jul 15, 2011

Hello,
    We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make your situation was handled properly.

I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post, however, should you have additional comments you would care to discuss, please email me at Stephanie.[protected]@abcfinancial.com.
    Stephanie Cook
    Data Research Analyst
    ABC Financial Services, Inc.

Comments

Jan 26, 2012
    fitness edge - cancel membership

membership cancelation because of lack of work.

Sep 15, 2012

I have had the same terrible experience with abc Financial in trying to cancel my membership. I informed them in writhing that I was relocating some 1600 miles away and supplied them with my set up for new utility and my lease details, along with a copy of my deposit for my new apartments. I was informed by phone that my last bill would be september 4th. I was then told that my lease needed the signature of the leasee, when I got to texas, I had that information emailed to them on September 7th. They then responded that my last bill would be November 4th and I should continue going to the gym until then. I called them up for clarification and woman on the other end and is telling me the manager will tell me the same thing that she said because she was the one that sent the email to me. I then asked her to give me the closest gym to me new address, and she gave me the 1600 miles away gym (hmm it would take me 2 days to get there) Now are you kidding me??? I am going to ensure that this goes viral and that no family, friends, associates joins fitness edge... Money hungry losers!

• Mm
      Dec 19, 2012

Why rip our own people for greed of money.Morality in business is important in life. If ABC financial or gym treat common innocent man like this, it is unfortunate not only the company but the employees too will have to face the Karma- the effect of their action.