Having problems with Gym Company?

Gym Company Customer Service Contacts

+27 118 675 700 (Alberton)
+27 741 536 504 (Manager - Keith)
+27 119 333 333 (Baragwanath)
+27 71 774 7 879 (Manager - George)
+27 114 037 777 (Braamfontein)
+27 836 831 332 (Manager - Simon)
+27 114 022 222 (Doornfontein)
+27 792 459 973 (Manager - Sunny)
Bracken City, Hennie Alberts Street, Brackenhurst
Alberton
South Africa - 1448

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Gym Company Customer Service. Initial Gym Company complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Gym Company above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Gym Company. Discuss the issues you have had with Gym Company and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Gym Company Complaints & Reviews

Feb 28, 2021

Gym Company — Debiting my account

Gym company has been debiting r399 from my bank account for a membership I did not agree upon, my bank...

Gym CompanyCancellation

I had called on jan 20th 2020 to ask about how much I owed so that I could cancel. II was told 773 I paid that and sent an email to no response. They purposefully ignored my email just so that they could charge me again for the following month and when I'm following up they say I must pay more before my contract is cancelled. The manager kyle is incompetent and doesn't respond to emails

Gym CompanyCustomers treatment

Good day

My name is bongani i'm member of gym company at johannesburg carlton gym, I would like to complain about the bad treatment towards customers. The guy named kenny, he's got no customer service, he is very rude, he is too arrogant when speaking to customers, he is shouting at customers like he doing them a favour for them gyming there, he likes show off. There's rule says don't bang the weights, sometimes you gym the weights will make small noise, he will shout at you for everybody to see, hey you why you bang the weight can't you read there don't bang the weight. Their standard service is very low, no music at the gym, that is he can hear a small noise of weights when you busy gyming. He sometimes tell other customers, ya me I can chase you out of this gym. I'm really not happy because I just to wanna go to gym with peace and go home that's it.

Kindly regards
    Bongani

Feb 01, 2021

Gym Company — Surely they can't just do that?

There was a gym at oakfields shopping center in benoni called 25fit. I signed a contract with them and...

Gym CompanyBad service at bara gym company

At bara gym company palesa the manager shes the one who have no integrity because after signing a thank you form beggining of November 2020 that states: they wont deduct for 5 months (December, January, February, March and April) because they were deducting during lockdown when gyms were closed.

So December they deducted and I called even sent whatsup and emails to palesa the manager she never solve this matter to a point that she even made lesego the admit to take over, but still she didn't help as well.

So for me what they are doing its FRAUD because I've signed a form yet they dont even obey their rules.

So I would like to reverse my money from December 2020 and January 2021 because I've signed the form and on top I want to cancel their contract.

My contract details
      [protected]
      Email address
      [protected]@gmail.com

Gym CompanyGym company - Winchester

Not happy with the service at all, I've been trying to cancel my membership since June I'm even willing to pay the cancellation fee but they just keep debiting my account and I cant reverseing coz it messes up ones credit record. Can someone just assist with canceling, that's all I'm asking for...I wouldn't recommend this gym to anyone. There are sales people all over he show when they want your business, but when you want out no one bothers to assist. People just ignore your emails.

Gym CompanyFalse advertising

I was approached by a sales agent at Bara who said I could start a free trial and I would be contacted afterwards to confirm if I really wanted to join the gym. I was never contacted and I have never been to the gym, next thing I know there are two deductions at the end of November on my bank account, I was told that if I agreed to join the fee would be R99, there were two deductions one for R99 and another for R299 I've tried to get ahold of this company to cancel this and get my money back because I've never used their services. Rude and unprofessional customer care agents who will send you from pillar to post and then tell you the accounts department is closed... I've sent them two emails but they never respond... I need this cancelled. Please assist me. Thank you

Dec 14, 2020

Gym Company — Flora centre

I cancelled one of my gym contracts and froze another in November 2019. I am still being debited for both...

Nov 12, 2020

Gym Company — Ended but I am still being charged

I sent notification to have my account terminated the minute the contract term expires. I was told that I...

Gym CompanyMy laptop was stolen inside a locked locker. And this was not just me but 2 other patrons on the same day

My laptop and chargers were stolen inside my lock locker at Gym company baragwanath hospital. 3 other gym members lost their belongings on that day. The manager was very dismissive and said she would check the camera footage the following day for any suspicious activity. She promised to call me and give me feed back the following day. Needless to say she never called and I went to enquire myself. She then told me that their cameras were not working the previous day so there was not footage. The incident happened on the 28th and I was told this on the 29 of October 2020. I truly suspect that the people who rob gym goers are the employees at gym company because they had keys that could open our lockers and after stealing our items the lockers were locked again.

Gym CompanyDouble debited for 3 months and debited during the lockdown

I was paying full premiums every month during the lockdown, even though I was not working and relying on the uif ters fund. Nobody contacted me about taking a payment freeze, which was R50 p/m by the way. Then they started double debiting my account because I had a late payment. They did this for 3 months and just told me that I would get reimbursed by giving me 3 months for free after my contract ends. Also my account gets debited on the 22nd already when my contract clearly states it has to be debited on the 25th

Gym CompanyCancellation fee

I was made to pay a cancellation fee after paying 5 months for nothing while the gym was closed during the lockdown. Why can't you use the very same money as my cancellation fee? Why am I punished for being a loyal member because I did not reverse any of my debit order premiums. I am very disappointed at the company. (LZ Ngidi - Arbour crossing gym)

Sep 02, 2020

Gym Company — Cancellation of my membership to the gym.

On February 2020, I was approached by Sive Majikijela, who works for The Gym Company at Umlazi Mega City. He...

Gym CompanyWynand Foord General Manager

I requested for them to cancel my membership and they told me to email my cancellation along with my ID number in which I did so. They also told me that I need to let my sister (student) send an email from her own email address which she sent but she tells me that there's a 30 day cancellation notice period. All fare and well I signed for this, my issue is that this information was not communicated to me from the onset but instead it's communicated to my sister who isn't even the paying member. When questioning Wynand Foord the general manager @ the Ormonde branch, the phone was dropped in my ear. I am now requesting for my contract to be sent and but getting excuses saying they are working remotely and do not have access to the documentation

Jun 04, 2020

Gym Company — Terrible service no problem resolved

[protected]@gymcompany.co.za Gym Company My daughters and I sign up with gym company in 2018 not happy at all 1st on...

Gym CompanyUnfair blacklisted

I have never joined this gym company I was surprised when every month they debited 200 from my account but I did reverse because I have never signed contract with them until recently they told me to pay R12000 or I will be blacklisted. Why should I pay 12000 for something I don't know I have never used they are facilities. Please help me as I'm extremely stressed with this hold thing.

Gym CompanyBeing lied to

This year February a sales person from the gym company lied to me and signed me up to the R299 account when I said R199. He didn't explain the terms and conditions of the contract. Now I'm finding myself paying for a gym I have never used, EVER. Now I'm required to pay a large amount of money to cancel the contract. As a university student, where on earth can I get such money, and if I don't pay I'll be blacklisted. I curse the day I met Gym company's sales person amd knew about this gym.

• Lu
                          Lucy Vicky May 15, 2020

Thats the same thing that happened to me.
                          Gym company services are very bad. they are violating our rights as consumers
                          They have to be sued

Gym CompanyMoney suckers

I joined i n Jan 2020 never attended a single day, now the call telling me about overdue and say I cant just stop paying I must find someone who will continue paying my mrmbership😡 can you believe thid stupid statement? they say I am overdue with R600 if I want to cancel its R2000 and some couple.They force you to pay for atleast 36months and you are allowed to cancel the rehostration only within 5 days after registering😠

Gym CompanyContractual fraud

My wife joined gym company last year and signed up for 12 months contract and she just realized that the consultant edited it to 3 years which she never gave consent to and now she can't afford to cancel and pay out the contract please let us as South African fight against this fraud dealings as many people are being robbed by this gym company so called consultants

Mar 10, 2020

Gym Company — Debit order

Hi my my name is Karabo contract was suppose to end in Feb, i called towards month end of Jan 2020 and spoke...