Having problems with Anytime Fitness?

Anytime Fitness reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 5, 2008. The latest review The refund of the acces key was posted on Aug 24, 2021. The latest complaint unresonable charges and rude management was resolved on May 02, 2019. Anytime Fitness has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 199 reviews. Anytime Fitness has resolved 53 complaints.

Anytime Fitness Customer Service Contacts

111 Weir Drive
Woodbury, Minnesota

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Anytime Fitness Customer Service. Initial Anytime Fitness complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Anytime Fitness above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Anytime Fitness. Discuss the issues you have had with Anytime Fitness and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Anytime Fitness Complaints & Reviews

Anytime FitnessThe refund of the acces key

Hi, I have joined the Anytime Fitness club in Retie, Belgium, for the one week free trial. I told immediately the manager I might not continue the membership, as I was temporarily in town, she tolde I need to purchase the acces key for 32.99 euro for my trial, and it will be refunded after the trial is finished. I gave it back before my trial was finished, and I was told in a week I will have the money in my bank account. That was at the beginning of June, I have contacted the manager to look into this, she blamed corona for not paying immediately, and she tolde half July, after that she just gave up answering.

Aug 20, 2021

Anytime Fitness — Will not cancel membership but have taken my key

Anytime fitnrss north dirksen parkway Springfield Illinois. Same problem. Contract ended January 31. April 15...

Anytime FitnessCanceling

They wouldn't cancel my membership during covid when everything was shut down and I couldn't actually use the gym. They continued to charge me. I went into the gym several months later and the manager said she wouldn't cancel on monday and only did it on Thursdays. But not this Thursday, it would have to be the next week. Fortunate for them and the circumstances couldn't make it the following weeks going forward because I became I'll with covid. Fast forward several months later I went in person again to cancel filled out the paper work to cancel and I'm still be charged 3 months later. I have called ABC and they refuse to do anything, the worst customer service. I am going to be escalating this now with reviews, bbb, and my lawyer.

Anytime FitnessPaid cancellation, just received call from debt collector

I started a membership on 2017, was told I was signing a 1 year contract, that I never saw . Went to cancel membership and they said I had to write a letter and mail it to the corporate office via certified mail. So I did and paid my cancellation fee. For the next few months they continued to pull money from my account . So I went back and they told me they never received my letter or my money, even though I was super pissed I went ahead and paid it again and sent another letter via certified mail . They continued to charge my account so I just switched banks and figured that would be the end of it . It is now July 2021 and I just received a call from a debt collector saying I owe money after signing a TWO year contract and that if I don't pay it, It will go on my credit . I ship out for the army in a month, and I'm also having to move into a new place in a few days . I cannot afford to pay any more money to them (1. Because I've already paid them multiple times past cancellation. And 2. Because I'm having to pay for first, last, and security on new place to live .) I've tried calling them atleast 20 times and no one answers the phone and when you call corporate they tell you that you have to speak to the branch owner directly but it's impossible to get ahold of them . This is ridiculous and I don't have the time or the funds to deal with them . Would not be surprised if they're on the news soon for having a mass shooting at one of their branches for swindling people . I don't even live there anymore so I can't just drive to the branch to get it resolved. This is the equivalent of a car salesman telling you your signing for a 3 year term and actually having you sign a 5years term and after you sell the car back they continue to charge you your monthly bill . It's not right and it's not American. Now I see why they don't have anyone working there in person the majority of the time because they know there's a line of people wanting to stomp their teeth down their throat .

Jul 08, 2021

Anytime Fitness — Unfair use of tailgating policy

The date of this incident happen about six months ago, around January 2021. I had my Grand Kids over for the...

Jul 07, 2021

Anytime Fitness — Extra charges and refusal to acknowledge gym cancellations while month to month

I cancelled my gym membership in Jan 2021. The gym lied and said they never received my complaint so I...

Jul 01, 2021

Anytime Fitness — Membership and training fees

Pay 93 dollars a month for boxing because I was told I needed a membership to be able to get boxing, which I...

Hugo
        Jun 29, 2021

Anytime Fitness — Complaint

The gyms were closets most of them and the owners walked around making customers uncomfortable. I choose thi...

Anytime Fitness6 week challenge

This business advertises a six week challenge. The ad says "Try for Free". But its not. I was not told this leads to membership. Sierra signed me up and told me they needed a credit card to guarantee a spot for me. She said if I commit to 3X week I could get my $499.99 refunded. My goal was to get stronger Now, not to lose 20 lb. I keep asking Anytime Fitness to show me the paperwork. I don't think there is any.Now the manager and co owners tell me no. He says I didn't lose 10% of my fat( not told this when signing up). He doesn't even have my last 2 weigh in. During the six weeks I received 1review from the trainer. Their add appears to be bait and switch type of offer. All I want is my money, not a free membership. Now I am banned from the Waconia facility. Thank you.
        [protected]@gmail.com

Jun 07, 2021

Anytime Fitness — Anytime continued attempting to charge my card after I cancelled membership

My letter to the "collection" company... I will be brief. I do not understand why Anytime Fitness contend...

Apr 23, 2021

Anytime Fitness — Lack of cleanliness and staffing

I go to the Marysville, WA Anytime Fitness. The owner can't seem to keep any good employees. The past...

Feb 09, 2021

Anytime Fitness — Manager and nutritionist making false claims against my business.

I own a shake and tea shop in McCook, Nebraska and I've been going to Anytime Fitness since 2019 when i...

Mccook

Anytime FitnessMembership / gym closures

I joined Anytime Fitness several years ago because there was a gym pretty close to my home and there were multiple locations to choose from that I could occasionally visit. The particular gym that I signed up at was poorly run and about a year and a half ago it closed. So the two gyms that were still open in my region were further away than I wanted to travel but I continued with my membership. During the CV-19 issue, one of the two gyms that I had been going to, closed temporarily by choice, one stayed open which caused it to become over crowded. So that left me with one gym. When I initially signed up, I opted to pay more instead of saving money, because there were multiple locations. This truly is ridiculous, I am actually thinking about joining a private gym and canceling my membership. The closed location won't give any updates as to when they plan on reopening. If one can stay open, it's obvious that it was a personal choice by the owner to close down.

Anytime FitnessCovid 19 and closing my account

My name is Lisa Bryant #[protected] I have contacted my local gym along with the District manager numerous times, I have asked that they close my account due to covid because I have high risk family living with me that I cannot return to the gym and also due to covid I can not financially keep paying this bill. I am begging you to please help me and get this account closed. I cannot afford to pay the $32 a month let alone pay $150 for buy out.

I have spoke with Brittany Fryman and she is the rudest person I ever met! she is not there to help or assist with anything she does not care and I was told"only if I die this account could be closed" I am sure you don't want your members being told this, not only have I heard it from her but also from my local gym.

Please help me is closing this account!

Lisa Bryan
            contact me at [protected]@hotmail.com

Anytime FitnessCan't Cancel Membership

I started my membership with Anytime Fitness under a 2 year agreement. It converted to monthly during COVID. I tried to cancel by reaching out to the billing service who sent me to the local gym. I tried to contact the local gym and the phone number would just ring (not even a chance to leave a voicemail). I got an email for the local gym from the billing group and emailed it. I thought things would be fine and we changed credit cards during this time. Apparently, they kept invoicing me and now sold off the membership to debt collection.

Oct 10, 2020

Anytime Fitness Portage, MI — Poor Management

I worked for Shawn Prunick for months. When Covid hit, she put us employees on unemployment. She then...

Sep 16, 2020

Anytime Fitness — They disrespect our military service members.

My son had a membership for a year. Last December 2019 he cancelled his membership with proof of Military...

Aug 07, 2020

Anytime Fitness — Gym membership during covid

Hello, I have tried, called and waited for my local anytime fitness to act and fix this problem. I have...

Jun 06, 2020

Anytime Fitness — Refund

My daughter, Hannah Grimm and myself, Helen Grimm joined the Anytime fitness club in wabasha mn around 22...

Anytime FitnessHaving issues with gym manager

Signed a 2 year contract with my local Anytime Fitness, which is quite close to my house. I was told repeatedly that this gym was in line for updates as nothing "new" was being done to the gym. I did not feel safe in this gym after hours when I was the only member there. During the few weeks I did use this gym I would see members bring non-members in to train after hours. I reached out the the manager several months after I joined to discuss cancelling and he offered me the remaining balance @ 40%, which I was unable to afford at the time. It's now been a year in to my contract and I reached out to the new manager to discuss cancellation. He offered me the remaining balance @ 75%, which I really cannot afford. His reply was "It's hard to justify working with members in these matters when they openly and deliberately chose to use our direct competition instead of using the membership they are paying for." This reply is beyond RUDE and so uncalled for.