LA Fitness International Logo

LA Fitness International

Having problems with LA Fitness International?

PO Box 54170
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

discrimination

The most horrible service and severe discrimanation LA fitness on sheppard and younge, Toronto Canada. I...

Toronto Fitness Centers

visit service

Hello, I was trying to get my membership tryout at Seattle Aurora Ave North. I met with Heather Penor, who...

Good evenining,

I am just sick and tired of the rash of vehicles and lockers breakin on a daily basis. Today, 12 Nov my 2006 Mercedez and 7 other vehicles was broken into and it was reported to the staff. Not one time did the Operation Manager Jennifer or any other employees announce the incident over the intercom. However, they are quick to advertise the Juice Bar.

Even a manager onsite stated "The contract security officer on duty claims she fell asleep" this is unacceptable. Someone should be held responsible for all the cars that was damaged.

This is piss poor customer service and they are desparately in need of some type of customer training. As a retired military vetran/police office or any other patron should not be treated in that type of manner.

This is an out-of-pocket expense that will place me and my family in a financial bind. I am seriously considering on taking my business elswhere.

Please feel free to contact me at [protected].

Robert Anderson

membership fees

La fitness fraudulent charges after membership cancelation for 21 month!!! I'm just warning people so...

unexpected charges

Dear Sir/Madam,

When I was in Duncanville, Texas, in June, I went to a local LA Fitness to get a one-month membership. I live overseas, in Singapore. They sold me a two-month membership, saying that's the lowest they can give. Now, I am back in Singapore, and they've charged me again in August. Please take back the charge and also clear my account.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Andrew B. Spurgeon

off duty trainer

I went to La fitness on a Sunday as I usually do. Since I am a woman and I don't like when guy's stare at me...

cancel membership

I contracted an engagement for two years for me and my girlfriend that the man Peter Warren at Irvine...

swimming & shower facilities

I used to be a member me and wife back in April of this year was when we walked out. Seemed like complaints flowed down hill and nothing ever done either perhaps money are lack of concern and end of complaint. Well here it is July new manager that's A + however the pool and shower areas is in need of cleaning and proper maintenance still remains as it did. Some one from Corporate needs to do an unannounced inspection and get this place up to speed. Since leaving LA joined Active & Fit and so we thought beings this is an open membership to sign up with any Fitness facility around San Antonio we would try this LA again well it has surely not Improved. The LA I speak of is at 522 W. 1604 N. San Antonio, TX. 78251. The bad thing about it all this facility is pretty new. COMPLAINTS : Swiming pool is dengze looking inside in many areas and around the walls, the outside flooring is filthy. The SPA seating area and wall around is in need of cleaning and last but not least replacing THE SHOWER HEADS other than the hose shower need to be replaced are cleaned out and replaced.

• Updated by George Tanner · Jul 04, 2019

No further complaint at this time.

• Updated by George Tanner · Jul 04, 2019

Apologize address is And zip code 78251-9602

assault by team member

To Whom It May Concern, I'm composing this letter to explain an alarming incident that happened at one...

cleanliness of pool and locker room

Hello,
Today I visited the pool at the West Oaks La Fitness Location in Houston, Texas. Although the staff was very friendly and nice, I am very concerned by the cleanliness of the pool and showers from the health viewpoint.
When I walked from the locker room to the pool, the first thing I noticed was the handicap electric pool chair that allows entrance to the pool for individuals who need this. I have never seen a piece of equipment with soo much rust on it and it looks like there was mold growing underneath the seat. I did not test the chair out, but it does not look like it is working in ADA compliance.
Next, I got into the pool from the edge. As I placed my hand on the side to get in, my hand was touching GREEN ALGAE that was forming on several areas of the side of the pool. Green algae is a high risk for bacteria, parasites and viruses. This concerns me the most because the amount of elderly adults who were in the pool for exercise class and putting their health at risk due to the pool not being kept clean. It was very obvious that the tile on the side of the pool is not cleaned on a daily basis which is extremely important when maintaining a pool that is used by several people everyday.
Even the lane ropes in the pool had build up of dirt on every single part of all the ropes in the pool. The lane ropes are not cleaned or properly maintained.
The hot tub water color was green and had dirt along the edges. I saw several people getting into the hot tub without showering first or leaving the sauna extremely sweaty and then getting in the pool. I can not imagine the germs and bacteria growing in the hot tub and it does not looked like it is being maintained daily. There is also a handicap electric chair to enter the hot tub that was just as rusty and dirty as the one at the pool entrance.
After being in the pool, I went inside the locker room to shower. The shower I went into had a lot of dirt and build up on the metal handle, there was trash and balls of hair on the floor and it was obvious the tiles and handles are not cleaned thoroughly and daily. I was very disappointed because I have visited less expensive gyms such as Planet Fitness and I have never been in a planet fitness that was this dirty.
I worked out for close to 2 hours in the women's only area and never did I see a cleaning crew/ person go into he men's or women's locker room. This disappoints me because even at fast food restaurants, it is required for employees to do an hourly restroom check and pick up trash and clean up and that was very evident it is not happening in the showers.
As I was leaving the gym, I took a look at the small metal lockers that are hanging on the wall by the front desk for personal belonging and even that looks as it is not cleaned daily.
The main reason for my email is because I know what I saw today is not the standard for LA FITNESS gyms as a whole. I have visited the LA Fitness in Sugar Land and the pool is very well kept and clean and I even saw someone cleaning the tile as I was there. I really want to bring everything I mentioned above to your attention in hope that the staff at the West Oaks location can become more informed in pool and shower maintenance in order to prevent bacteria and viruses and to know how the immune system of the elderly is extremely weak and they shouldn't be exposed to this uncleanliness at a pool they are paying to access.
I look forward to seeing positive changes and I appreciate you acknowledging my email.
Beth

threat of fellow member and false accusations

Hello I am Jason P My phone nunber is [protected] I am being threatened and harrassed by one of your memebers. I and my family are long time members. This person harassing me is named John Anthony Lopez: his phone number is [protected] and who's phone number is at the top left of my provided screen shots, is physically threatening me via a recent phone call, and is calling the gym facility and spreading false rumors and accusations against me. I want to attend Your facility in peace. Please revoke His membership so I can feel safer, and so he doesn't cause any disturbances at Your facilities. He is a Googleable professional fighter and again I DON'T want a disturbance at your property nor have my father cancel everyone's membership that he pays in our family also. Please and thank You. I am very offended of his false abusive actions, and fear for my safety while I'm at your property wheras it's the easiest way for him to find me. Thank You very much.

LA Fitness International

la fitness in cerritos bad customer service jasmine manager

MARILYNA NGUYEN
Email: [protected]@yahoo.com

5/15/2019

Dear reviewer,
My fiancé and I are the members of the LA fitness for 5 years. In the LA fitness at Cerritos address 10802 ALONDRA BLVD., CERRITOS, CA 90703, I complain the lady whose name Jasmine for very bad customer service and not consider customers' health. She has tried to confine many customers in the small dance room (compared to ratio of huge people working out in the room) by closing the doors. She says that the music is too loud. Well, we come to the Gym to exercise because we want to be healthy. Music is the motivation and we come here mostly just for Zumba dancing, but we cannot tolerate the doors being closed with different smells from people working out with a lot of sweat, farting, flu, coughing, sneezing inside the room. Even those with the air condition, it is still not enough to remove all smells from a huge people that are working out. When we work out hard like Zumba dancing, we produce a lot of heat and all smell from sweat, farting, flu, coughing etc… It is unhealthy if we breath in hard our own waste smells during workout. And again, we all come here because we want to be healthy but not want to get sick. It is very poor ventilation when the doors are closed with many workout people. I feel so uncomfortable when working out with being confined behind the door and subjected to all kinds of smells like that. Even though I explained to Jasmine who told herself as a manager there, but she does not care about it. She should not be in that position because she did not know what the healthy should be and she lacks knowledge about health, physiology... and especially, she is very bad customer service. She was together with the guy who works there that names Stevedore, to close the door despite of the complains of many customers whose were working out in the dancing room. I think the company should review her behavior and having an action because we don't want to pay and get treat like that.
Marilyna Nguyen

cancellation fee - barcode # f31883570

Hi team, I have cancelled my membership with the club on feb 6, 2019 and I was informed in the reception...

Mississauga Credit Cards

LA promotion

I received an email in Dec offering a 10% gift card offer for any gift cards purchased. I received the email confirming the $150 gift card, but never received the $15 gift card as promised. After calling and verifying all my credit card info, advised all was set. Weeks later, still no $15 gift card. Contacting LA Fitness once again which unfortunately resulted in days of calls, requests for me to submit proof of the offer (they never heard of it). I had to show proof.. you guys arent familiar with your own pormos? Really? It was absolutely painful. After 7 weeks, I received the gift card and was offered $1.61 in credit as a courtesy. Really $1.61? So insulting. For all the time I spent, I feel I should have gotten alot more in credit than that. I have been a member for 8 years and feel I was not treated well at all. I feel I was totally disrepected.
Thank you in advance for your c onsideration.
Flo Teitelman
[protected]@aol.com

customer service and cleanliness

Firstly, I've complained numerous times to management about the women's washroom and women's workout section...

personal training

I was told when I signed up that I could essentially pause the payment or change the due date at any given...

gym douchebag in san antonio tx, la fitness babcock rd

This guy's name is Theo Mouawad and he is definition of gym douchebag that goes to LA Fitness on Babcock...

LA Fitness

personal training sessions

I signed up for 6-months of personal training sessions. I paid $252.00 per monthly (totaling $1, 512.00...

Edmonton Other

kids klub closing after multiple complaints

I have been a member at the Kitchener location for 20 plus years. Even before it turned into an LA Fitne...

Kitchener Fitness Centers

canceling process

this is the worst experience i had with a company in my life. upon registration, the process is normal and you may register and provide the credit to be debited.
but as you ask for registration, there is a process not to process your request. you need to enter in to your account, print a request and receive a comment that you will be charged for one more month and during this period, mail ( a ridiculous approach to find a way to charge more ) or go in person to fit ness manager to deliver the request.
then you may need to wait till you receive EMAIL!!! confirming the request.
i personally went to gym and the guy told me you need to come before 5 PM!!, means leave your work early just to deliver your request !!!
i did so, and i was told wait for confirmation email. i didnot got the email but i got the extra on more month charge.
again i send an email to customer service and still on this cheating process to cancel .

LA fitness a CHEATING comapny, FIVE STAR

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices