Menu

complaints

Planet Fitness Complaints Summary

108 Resolved
827 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Planet Fitness's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Planet Fitness has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Planet Fitness. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Planet Fitness complaints 935

Sort by:

Newest Planet Fitness complaints

C
5:47 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On February 16th at 8:48 a.m. I checked in at Jonesboro Ga planet fitness. Before I start my workout, I play Rashad Jamal on my phone being as though I do not have a set of ear plugs. I always stretch before engaging with the equipment while listening to my preferred music. Mind you, the music that planet fitness plays over the speakers is quite loud and my...

K
2:12 pm EST

Planet Fitness Headquarters customer service

I have been on hold for over 20 minutes and can't get someone to answer the phone. What is the purpose of having a phone if no one answers the phone.

After an hour of being on hold and no one taking my call I tried another number, got someone on the phone and then was transferred back to the original number I was on hold with because they couldn't help me.

I would like someone to contact me direct via telephone so I can explain my situation, it needs to be explained verbally which is why I was looking to speak to someone directly

Desired outcome: to fix your mobile app, i have a major problem with how payments are rendered

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Planet Fitness representatives only. If you are affiliated with Planet Fitness, please claim your business to access these details.

10:48 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My primary pass holder was outside told them I was about to to check in so I came to check in with my black card guess pass and the guy told followed me to the bathroom to tell me I couldnt even though my brother was physically there and held the primary membership ship I been coming to this gym for a year no prob a new worker shows and all of a sudden...

Read full review of Planet Fitness and 1 comment

Is Planet Fitness legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Planet Fitness as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 11% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Planet Fitness stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Planet Fitness should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Planet Fitness earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Planet Fitness achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Planet Fitness. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Planet Fitness has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Planetfitness.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Planet Fitness website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Several positive reviews for Planet Fitness have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Planet Fitness and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Planet Fitness has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 11% of 935 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Planet Fitness protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
5:49 am EST

Planet Fitness Misleading sale of service

Sale was made with misleading information. The debit amount was not what i approved and the staff refuse to reimburse and make up excuses that we took extra products which was not what was disclosed nor agreed upon.

No copy of the agreement is provided to the consumer.

No formal communication is made. Management refuses to contact us and pushes it back onto the staff.

Male agent (Musa) is also discriminatory towards women and refuses to deal with a women and only talk to men.

Messages are just read and ignored on whatsapp.

Claimed loss: R100

Desired outcome: To remove extra products that were not agreed upon and to be debited the correct amount according to the approved mandate.

View 0 more photos
L
1:21 am EST

Planet Fitness Aircon have not been working for 2 years

It have been 2 years since Hennopspark Planet Fitness aircons have not been working, I have phoned Planet Fitness, post on HelloPeter and spoke to management and staff numerous times. Management answer to me, they are buying more fans (really - and that was 2 months ago) more fans in a heat box where germs are breeding at the speed of light. We nobody can jog on a treadmill because they can get a heatstroke. When is this being resolved

Desired outcome: Get this fixed

7:55 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Subject: Urgent Concerns Regarding Membership Experience Dear [Manager ‘Dawn Drew Feb 2 2024, I hope this message finds you in good health. I am writing to share my recent experiences as a member at Planet Fitness, and I feel compelled to express my deep concerns. Upon joining the gym, I was initially informed that the monthly membership fee would be...

F
3:38 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Last week I went to PF Edwardsville, IL as normal. After working out, I returned to men's lockeroom to shower approx 6:00 pm. a "manager" was there telling men not to disrobe because he had women cleaning the lockeroom and he did not want them to be uncomfortable. The same situation occurred again yesterday at 4:00 pm on arrival at the gym only a manager...

P
3:25 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Planet Fitness Security in building, stolen identity, cash and valuables.

It had been approximately 3:45pm when i had entered the Planet Fitness building at 54 Ira Road, Syosset NY 11791. Entered the men's locker room to change, there had been two guy in the room. One was changing to work out while the other was just sitting on the bench. The one sitting on the bench wore a hooded sweatshirt with a black mask. He was over 6'2" weighing at least 300lbs, black man. Thought he was just resting there from work out. My locker along with two other lockers were broken into, all had master locks. Called my Credit Card Holder to Cancel it, found out that a $534.00 charge had been purchased 15 min. later, along with my $300.00 Cash in the wallet and other documents (License, Permits & other types of entry passes). Filed a Police Report, detectives are looking into this matter. I am truly disappointed with this Gym. Henry Hom, 17 Coventry Road, Syosset NY.

also, manager was not in the Building at time of Robbery.

Claimed loss: 300 + Dollars,

Desired outcome: I would like to be granted at least 1 full year of additional membership for me and my wife.

J
4:03 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

At the Planet Fitness on south Alpine, Rockford, IL. Today while working out two gentlemen took a place near me and turned on music that was not only rude, but obnoxious. it was played at extremely high volume I asked the attendant to handle this but he did nothing. I left early because music singing about drugs and whatever is very offensive. I believe it...

J
8:32 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am writing this complaint after my experience today at Planet Fitness. I am very upset that I had the employee named Cathy try to turn away my uncle who had an expired credit card and was told he was all set at another location. He has been inactive from the gym due to surgery and did not have clearance till today. I am a black card member, and it...

W
3:01 pm EST

Planet Fitness planet fitness 6400 car,bch rd wilmington nc

I have been a member for 20 years.It has grown in membership to a capicity that is so crowed that you cant work out.

people will sit on a machine and play with their cell phones,and staff does not bother to explain the proper edicate half of the gym is taken up by cardio machines. some could be replaced with machines that are needed (pec,biep,tricep)

I will relocate if you dont try and fix this .The last two times i went there,I went home because of crowdness

I travel alot and go to other planet fitness and this by far the most crowded one with not enough equipment

thank you,CW3 Frankie Joye USArmy retired

Email [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: acknowledgement of the complaint

C
3:44 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We go to PF almost every morning before work and early on the weekends. We like PF a lot because they have multiple locations that are close to us. WE have been customers for many years and have never had a problem which is why we were so shocked by what happened at Stony Point Richmond VA, location on the morning of Jan 19 2024 around 8:30 - 9:00 am...

P
4:44 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

While using the 30 minute workout room. There are several customers that sit on the exercise machines and hold up other customers. When approached, many of the customers are very rude and disrespectful. Even when confronted by the staff. If a customer wants to be on their cell phone, they are not actively using the equipment, why should they be able to hold up other customers that are using the equipment for its purpose?

A
11:37 pm EST

Planet Fitness Membership for a minor

For the last two summers, my granddaughter has been visiting us from another state. First summer she was 14 and used the free teen summer membership. Which was awesome! 2nd Summer she was using my visitor pass (15 yr. old, no teen summer membership) My granddaughter was earning money babysitting while she was here, and it looks like someone let her sign up for a membership.

She has been trying to cancel the membership since September, in her home state, with no luck. I went into the PF gym in our state, and they said that I can't cancel it unless I pay for the membership dues from September. ($130) Why should I pay for dues, when the gym did not obtain parental consent for membership.

Claimed loss: $90

Desired outcome: Cancel the membership for free, the gym signed up a minor for membership, without parental consent.

B
4:32 pm EST

Planet Fitness 105 Kennings Rd, Crosby. Ph#[protected]

Planet takes my monthly fee for the black card bill out of my account every month. I have 80 dollars in rears. Marisa at the front counter refuses to allow me to use my membership privileges. I explained to her that I pay every month. Why am I being billed for the last 4 years for something that I am not allowed to use. This is turning into a civil lawsuit problem. The she told me that I am allowed to use the gym today. But until I pay the rears. I will not be allowed to use the gym. I am afraid to bring my wife. I don’t want to be embarrassed in front of my family. I pay for the service. It comes directly out of my bank account. Please speak with Marisa. Thank you. Enough is enough.

Claimed loss: $1,200 1 year of not being able to use my black card privileges. Overpaying for services. Stopping me from using the gym beginning today.

Desired outcome: I am a paying customer. All I want is to not get harassed going to the gym. Or embarrassed bringing my family with me.

D
12:10 pm EST

Planet Fitness Owner of establishment

I tried to cancel my membership over the phone I was told to go in person or write a letter on november 25 I went into the gym to cancel to be told by the gentlemen behind the counter I had a annual fee that was not paid in dec 2022 but the company collect my membership that month and every month after I have not be in the gym at anytime in the entire year I have been paying a fee as. We are now in december 2023. The gentleman behind the counter tell me to speak with the manager I call to speak with him about it and his answers is I owe the money and all he can do is remove one month of membership fee and the late fee the owners policy is to collect the annually no matter what an they will not be waiving it or cancelling my membership until I pay it

Desired outcome: i just want it canceled

H
4:47 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The club was unable to process my request for downgrading my membership. I went in 6 times to do it. They first said computer update needed to be done, then it was my particular account that needed to be fixed. Staff member called me saying all was well and I should be able to downgrade. Just went in again on December 9, and staff was unable to complete my...

L
5:13 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was last at the establishment on May 15, 2022. I asked for my account to be canceled and when I left I stated that I was moving to Fallon NV. I have now been informed that I should have filled out a paper for cancelation. I am in collections with them and they have been hitting my bank and never mailed called or emailed me anything about billing. They are...

D
1:40 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am currently a military service member deployed overseas. I tried calling my home club to cancel and they refuse to unless I send a hand written letter, even after explaining my employment status. What is this? 1950? How is a letter in the mail any different than an email or a phone call? How does a written letter verify my identity any better than...

View 0 more photos
2:20 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I wrote the following to planet fitness detailing my experience and haven’t received a reply yet! Hi planet fitness, You will be pleased to hear that myself and my workout group on Facebook will be boycotting planet fitness based on a single employees extremely disrespectful behavior. Then again, you have continued to employ her despite repeated...

Read full review of Planet Fitness and 2 comments
How to file a complaint about Planet Fitness?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Planet Fitness. Make it specific and clear, such as "Unauthorized Membership Charges at Planet Fitness" or "Poor Customer Service at Planet Fitness Location."

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with Planet Fitness. Include key areas such as:

• The specific location or service that your complaint pertains to.
  • Describe the nature of the issue, whether it was related to membership fees, personal training services, equipment conditions, staff behavior, cleanliness, or any other relevant aspect.
  • Detail any transactions you had with the company, including dates, amounts, and what the transactions were for.
  • Explain the steps you took to resolve the issue, such as contacting customer service, speaking with a manager, or any other actions you took.
  • Include the company's response or lack thereof to your attempts to resolve the problem.
  • Discuss the personal impact the issue has had on you, whether it's financial, emotional, or related to your fitness journey.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents or evidence that supports your complaint. This could include contracts, receipts, correspondence, or photos. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking from Planet Fitness, such as a refund, service improvement, or an apology.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that your narrative is understandable and that all the facts are presented correctly.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to formally file your complaint against Planet Fitness on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Stay active on ComplaintsBoard.com to monitor any responses or updates to your complaint. Check your account regularly for any replies from Planet Fitness or further inquiries from ComplaintsBoard.com that may require your attention.

Overview of Planet Fitness customer experience

Planet Fitness has received numerous complaints from consumers. Some of the most common issues include poor customer service, unclean facilities, and hidden fees. Many customers have reported feeling misled by the company's advertising, which promises a low-cost gym experience but often results in unexpected charges. Additionally, some customers have expressed frustration with the gym's strict policies, such as the "lunk alarm" that sounds when someone grunts or drops weights. Overall, Planet Fitness has a reputation for being a budget-friendly gym, but many customers have found that the low price comes at a cost in terms of quality and service.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Planet Fitness contacts