ClickBankscam - fraud

A

Totally ripoff. You are in a hurry for info, so you rely on their banner information. You pay 20 bucks for direct searches and an "extra" 4 bucks for unlimited searches. Your direct searches yield nothing. Your free searches find info, but now you are out of money and they want 20 more bucks to give you the info. Hey what a great business plan, why didn't I think of that? I want my money refunded. They do not respond to any emails demanding a refunds. Don't waste your money!!! After reading the fine print you will find out you are paying $20 for "access to their members area" and running about 4 searches that surprise surprise, come back "no information."

• Ti
    Tina145 Nov 05, 2009

I've always had good luck using CIS Nationwide services. You have to know what you're buying though. Public information isn't gonna be accurate or thorough as going to hte courthouse or something. But it's way cheaper and more conveniant. I used their service to find all my old classmates for our ten year reunion and I found almost everyone and we had a great time. Itw as fun catching up with everybody.

There were a couple times I didn't get any info and I emailed support an they were accomodating and put my money back in my account. Always read the fine print before you buy anything. It's a buyer beware market out there as they say. Cheers!

• Ge
    Geronimo Jan 18, 2010

I agree with the poster. It is a scam. Their free searches (which of course aren't free, they cost $39.95) give you nothing but a list of people or companies with the name you search for. Worse than getting nothing is the bait and switch tactics. The implication that there is more on the next page for $5, $10, $25 and it just keeps going. I am sure they have a very lucrative business going but if you sign up, you are a sucker like me! My expectations of these kinds of companies are very low and they couldn't even meet that standard.

• Sk
    skip007 Feb 05, 2010

The preliminary report you get after inserting name is not what they give you after you pay the $14.95. I have paid $30 or $40 for a fairly complete reports with criminal and credit from a legit company. This company misrepresents what you are paying for. After they get your $14.95 they tell you the complete report is more money. It's too late to get your money back at that point so you go ahead with the basic report which is worthless. Stay away from this rip-off site!

• Ne
    necepece Feb 22, 2010

I was totally bamboozled by this company by the way they represented themselves as courtrecord(?).org then switched sites to what I still believed to be a trustworthy site for my searches. I paid $20 for basic access to their site - not the free 90 days I was under the impression I was to recieve. Instead I got bogus information for $5 a pop then billed 2x for that as well, and nothing else but a bunch a garbage about who the neighbors are...!?!! What a RipOff and just a total dissapointment :-(

• Ms
    MsJoey Apr 15, 2010

It appears I have been sucked in as well. I don't remember what website I was on but I was under the impression I paid the $19.95 for unlimited access and when I tried to use it, they wanted an additional $4.95. I figured there was just a mix-up until I realized there was NO PHONE NUMBER to contact them. I sent an email but had a sneaky feeling that something was up and googled CIS Nationwide which led me to more than one complaint/scam sight. As soon as I realized that I made a stupid move, I called my credit card company and explained the situation. She said that as soon as the charge was posted (it's pending right now) I could start a dispute filing. They would take care of it for me. Guess I'll go back to the single use for $5 site that I've used previously.

Markwhyme Apr 16, 2010

I was in need of some useful personal background information and when I saw that my googled search took to me to a free background check website called cisnationwide.com I followed the link. It was a total waste of money and I feel so taken advantage of. I don't have money to be throwing around to this bait and switch website. I too called my bank and reported my experience with this shiesty website and was given similar instructions to follow. I hope that everyone reading these postings will steer clear of this horrible website.

• Lu
    Luisito Lorenzo May 08, 2010

I was doing a search for on how to screen tenants when I saw a link to: www.civilrecords.org to get a free report and then it ask $9.95 for the full year membership for unlimited search. I fell for it and signed then once logged I did a search and it ask for another additional $14.95.

Thanks to this site I called Discover and explained the issue and put a dispute and the amount was not yet posted to my account.

Anon Y. Mous Jun 05, 2010

I have never been scammed this badly before and I've made somewhere in the hundreds of online purchases. I was trying to call and looked for a contact number but only found link after link to complaint sites. I do believe the general public is getting more and more clueless, but this site takes chicanery and fraud to a new level! After I press the submit button here, I'll be calling my credit card company to withhold payment.

• Ci
    CISNationwide Jul 21, 2010

CIS Nationwide Customers,

We understand how hard it can be to trust online companies these days. With so many of them popping up everywhere and many of them unscrupulously taking your hard earned cash with nothing in return. CIS Nationwide cares about our customers! Our dedicated customer support team is waiting to assist you with your searches and answer your questions! We want to help you!

I would encourage any customers who are experiencing difficulties to email customer support. Our turnaround time is usually about 24 hours which is incredible when you look at the industry's standards. You can reach customer support by either logging into your account and clicking on "Help" or just outright emailing [email protected]

• Sn
    sneaky Aug 09, 2010

I have also fell for this on line service with cis. and found it is not as useful as I expected it to be as a landlord. I expected to use these services to protect my neighbor hood and our selves from non respectable tenants. Found it leading me to other links for a payment$$$$$.. after you pay for all the services to get some where which has cost $80.
    I could go to the police dept for $5.00 for the same report. when i checked with the corrections dept on immates. currection dept. I found several people on the site and when I used this service the reported I recieved, that this person has no history...I thought for few more dollars I could get more details with out of course violating any one privacy act and the convince of not driving in to town... I could not even get to the basic with out spending $$$$$$
    I ' am totally dissatisfied with this company . after my time is up I will not renew my subscibtion.

• Pd
    P****d off! Oct 03, 2010

This is a complete rip-off. It does NOT WORK at all !!!

IT'S ALL A BIG SCAM! Isn't this illegal?

• Ca
    cammye Dec 20, 2010

I just put in a complaint with the BBB. After I contacted them with a complaint about false advertising. I only needed them to look up numbers and search numbers by people names. After my complaint is when they let me know that I can only look up landline numbers, that was never mentioned anywhere on their site. I was first on the http://www.cellphoneregistry.com site which claim to have found the number i was looking for. The ClickBank appears foryou to pay to see the numbers. I went on to pay for the year because I thought well I could use it for business too. Then I was directed to the website for complete investigation services: http://www.cellphoneregistry.com. They are the scammers. I never got any useful information for my 44 dollars. Now I am going through my credit card company to get my money back.

• Ps
    pscritic Apr 18, 2011

I feel this website is such a scam!!
    I kept on purchasing $39.95 worth of credit and run a $5.00 background check and at the end just have maybe if I was lucky $15.00 worth on my account for one search. No, I did not press any back buttons or anything. If you can, PLEASE stay away from this site!!

• Ga
    Gandaf the White Jan 02, 2012

I'd like to know why companies like this exist? The government can get their ip address and shut the siite down! Instead of blasting sand get these idiots off the web!!

• Fo
    foolish customer Mar 01, 2012

putting stop payment on this, this site is a scam, linked to through cellphoneregistry.com I am glad I only used a temporary credit card because if you pay them the 14.95 (which ends up being 19.40) you get nothing, no info, just a link to a page where they tell you to pay 30$ for unlimited access. Total scam, emailed them and have not heard back.

Mad Grandma P. Oct 05, 2012

Googled "Best Criminal Background Check Service" and found that "Background Check 360" was 5 star. Paid $30 for a detailed report... even watched a video as to what to expect. I went through Pay Pal for payment and as SOON as I clicked "Search Now" it immediately jumped to CIS Nationwide and in desperation, I followed the prompts. I got nothing. They are both total ripoffs. Don't waste your money, folks. I feel like an idiot with $30 that WON'T be spent on groceries this week.