Having problems with Citizens Bank?

Citizens Bank reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 13, 2008. The latest review Unethical Business practices was posted on Sep 10, 2021. The latest complaint concerns with citizens bank security policy and implementation was resolved on Sep 19, 2017. Citizens Bank has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 285 reviews. Citizens Bank has resolved 52 complaints.

Citizens Bank Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 360 2472 (Checking and Savings Accounts)
+1 800 922 9999 (Checking and Savings Accounts)
+1 800 600 0008 (Student Loan Applications)
+1 866 259 3767 (Student Loans)
+1 888 411 0266 (Education Refinance Loan Applications)
+1 866 259 3767 (Education Refinance Loans)
+1 800 340 5626 (Application for a New Home Loan)
+1 800 999 0216 (Existing Home Loan)
+1 888 514 2300 (New Mortgage Applications)
+1 800 234 6002 (Existing Mortgage Customers)
+1 888 333 5145 (Credit Card Applications)
+1 800 684 2222 (Credit Cards)
+1 888 333 0246 (Personal Loan Applications)
+1 866 999 0107 (Personal Loans)
+1 877 670 5200 (Wealth Management)
+1 800 862 6200 (Existing Business Banking Customers)
+1 800 428 7463 (New Customers)
1 Citizens Plz
Providence, Rhode Island

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Citizens Bank Customer Service. Initial Citizens Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Citizens Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Citizens Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with Citizens Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Citizens Bank Complaints & Reviews, Page 12

Citizens Bank / Checking Account — fees

If you dont have 5000$ total with all accounts put together this bank will charge you 17.50 monthly fee. I...

Citizens Bankbad customer service

This is an example of the height of stupidity. With a valid state issued, Mass ID I was still not able to go to the teller to take out money at one particular branch. There was a question of how I signed my name, no security questions were asked or anything. Instead, I was asked to leave and go to another branch. I actually had to use the ATM machine and go to another branch to get the rest of my money. Good luck with your "zero loss" goals. Then a few days later, I receive a letter in the mail stating that they were going to close my account because of my "outburst." How would you feel when you go someplace with correct identification and are still denied service. When on payday, you can't get your money to pay your bills that are due and past due...no food in your house...how calm would you be? Worried about your "zero
loss" bonus then have the audacity to think if you threaten to "close" my account that I would "go away." Think again!

• Je
      Jean Tomlinson Sep 29, 2015

last Saurday afternoon I went to the ATM to deposit a check, the ATM spit back the ck, I tried again (2)x then it said my pin was incorrect, I have had that pin for 20 yrs. then it swallowed my card. . I came home and called the 800 customer service # and was told it was an ATM error and to go back to the branch on Monday, I explained tothat, that the branch does not prove that ATM it is done by an armored car service, she said nothing can be done, I have a bal. of $2000.00 and can not use my money. fast forward Monday a.m. called Branch and got nowhere, so I went down to the branch, the cust. ser, rep.Tim Ronk, said just like I told the rep on the phone, nothing can be done until middle of week, today Tuesday I go into branch, and only 1 person at the desk, this "Sr. personal banker" Charaun Meertins, was in conversation with an other employee, laughing and joking, she looked at me like I was interfering, after 10 min. she stopped talking and called me into her desk, then said you have to wait I have customers on the phone, I asked her what about the customer at the desk in front of her, ? she said I had to wait. finally she heard my story and presented my card, BUT I needed 2 forms of ID> .the former Manager of 30 yrs .retired and NOW the office is serviced by theses, no Manager. I showed my 2 ID and left, if my FEd. Pension did not go in my acc, by direct dep. I would fly out of there. These have NO cust. ser. and no reguard for a good customer, no one cares. that branch is in Loudonville N>Y>

• The Lidman Foundation May 07, 2012

Did someone say devil?

• SKOR May 07, 2012

Very strange behaviour for a bank to ask an account holder to leave their premises and then close their account a few days later.

Citizens Bank - Pennsylvaniacustomers are people too!

Citizens Bank has been the worst banking experience of my life! Frist of all I have never had a bank where I had to have so many debit cards in my life due to bank error and wait almost 2 weeks to get a new card. Constantly I had “debit card fraud” ok how is it that your customers information is constantly leaking out! So after a number of events the bank advised me to open a new account and I did. I opened the new account but, in the meantime fees accrued on the old fraudulent account and the bank said that they would only give me back half the fees and I was responsible for the rest. WHY? I had nothing to do with fraud on my account, and I had no idea that the customer service representative would not be placing a to be closed status on my account to stop all activity and fees. To be honest I think that all she was concerned about was opening a new account to make her quota, not at all being concerned about her customers wellbeing. So some weeks go pass, and I see that fees are being accrued on an account that I thought was inactive. I call the customer service number and I speak with a lady that says well we will give you some fees back but it was your responsibility to keep track of your account so we will not give them all back. OK when I went to the branch and spoke with the customer service representative I felt comfortable to assume that she would do her job and handle both accounts in a manner that would be the most beneficial to me. So the account was placed on a “credit only status” so that I could make periodic deposits to clear out the negative balance.
    In the mean time I kept receiving letters in the mail so I called and spoke to a lady in the recovery department we go back and forth on payment options and she explains that the account has been 43 day in the negative and at 60 it would be charged off. I tell her that I do not have the money right now and I did not know that I was on a 60 day timeline to pay off the account. She says “well pay what you can and if you get any money between now and the 60 days you should pay it off” I end the conversation with ok well I get paid two times before then I will see what I can do. She says “ok I will make a note of it” . I explained to the representative that is was very important to me to pay off the debt and the money that was in my account was already accounted for with pending checks and check card authorizations. She said she understood but if the account was still in the negative after 60 days then the recovery department had the right to pull any money that was available I said ok I will work on it before that date. The next morning I sign into online banking to see that my account had been debited to clear out the negative balance in the old account. Words can’t describe the emotions that I am feeling now, all trust has been broken. I now have checks and check card authorizations coming in on top of the fact that I have personal living expense that I have to handle. I can’t believe that a bank that I have direct deposit set up in and other automatic reoccurring debits would do something so underhanded. I had two pays that they could have taken from but they chose to make it hard and make themselves more money by possibly getting more fees from other NSF checks . It is really sad what banking has come to in order to make money, no concern for customers or having a long last banking relationship with their customers, just how much money in fees can we get! Well there are not many options for 5 star banks today but I will make sure to share my story with every person, bank, review site (BBB, etc) that will hear me!

Citizens Bankexcessive fees

I received a check from an individual drawn on citizens bank. When I went to cash the check at citizens bank, I was told that I would be charged a fee of $7.00 to cash a check drawn on citizens bank because I did not have an account with citizens bank!!! I spoke to the manager and stated that the person who sent me the check instructed their bank (Citizens) to "pay to the order of" me. They refused to cash the check without charging me the $7.00 fee. This is a complete rip-off!! I would suggest that you boycott citizens bank until this unfair and possibly illegal fee is removed.

• Lg
          LGBirt May 12, 2012

I just tried to cash a $22 check from my son at his branch of Citizens. I too was told that it would cost $7 for non account holder. Not a problem, I simply went to my own bank and stuffed it into the ATM and got the $22 with no fees. It is ridiculous for a bank not to honor without fee their own checks. It costs them more for me to cash it at my bank!

L. G. Birt

JonathanE Mar 05, 2012

First, you're not a ###.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a recent thing for them (see link)

It is part of a growing trend (a trend in the last 20 yrs) of banks increasing fees or services for fees. Banks only earn money is a few ways (1) loans (2) investments (3) fees. Loans and investments are risky. Fees have no risk involved. Banks have been increasing their fees for years, rather than actually learn how to manage maturity gap and make money the old fashioned way. While some fees are legitimate, some are excessive and a little heavy-handed.

Contrary to what one rather rude poster said earlier, not all banks charge fees for cashing checks drawn on their bank for non-customers. In your case, it's better to take it to your own bank. Check out Massachusetts Bank On It program for state chartered banks

Citizens Bankunfair fees, poor customer service

Citizens Bank is without a doubt the worst bank I have ever worked with.

They have been charging me $7.95/month to allow my Intuit Quicken software to synchronize with it. I've never heard of that and neither have any of my friends. Further, they never warned me that there would be a such a fee. And to top it off, it doesn't even work - Quicken always gets an error when it tries to synchronize so I actually disabled it.

After paying the false fee for ~5 months, I finally gave them a call. The person on the phone said they would escalate it to a manager to see if they could give a rebate. I didn't hear back from them for 2 weeks so I called back. This time, the person on the phone said the account doesn't show a records of the previous conversation so he put in a formal note into the system and again said they would escalate it. Still no word for 2 weeks so I called them a final time. This time the person said he sees a record of the previous record but the issue is still open... he promised either he or the manager would call me within 1 week. It's been 2 weeks and I never heard back from them.

Between the charging fees like thieves and handling customer complaints so poorly, I'll obviously cancel the account. But if you are reading this, I highly recommend that you don't bank with Citizens. I'm telling my friends the same. It's no wonder that these big banks are in such trouble and need us to bail them out (through the government and the fees!)... really amazing.

Ranjit

• Cu
            cutomernumber123456789 Sep 14, 2012

I agree. This opt in opt out thing. I deposite cash thru they atm..by the time I get out of work..its late..they take days to clear a cash deposite..and if you use your atm in the meantime..it could be over one penny..if your opted in they will pork you before they clear your cash. Its a sad to say that these days I guesse you have to be careful as to what banking institution holds your money..I'm starting to wonder if I should just put it under the rug in my house..it might be safer.

• Ga
            gatortracks Jan 15, 2012

Why did you wait 5 months to complain?

Citizens Bank — terrible customer service

If your account becomes overdrawn for any reason(including only because of their maintenance fee) they will...

Citizens Bankcustomer service

Citizens bank is one of the worst offenders of hidden fees. Over the last couple of months since the whole banking drama has unfolded over the Internet and news I started to pay closer attention to the fees I was being charged. Every month it seemed I was paying upwards of 50-60 dollars in fees. When I went to my local branch to ask about these fees I was given ridiculously long winded answers loaded with banking terms which in my opinion are tactics use to confuse its customers and deter them from following through with there complaints. The straw that broke the camels back came today when I went to order food and my Citizens bank debit card I use to order food was cancelled for no apparent reason and I wasn't even given notification. After calling my local branch again another clandestine answer was given to me. They might as well have said "oops" which in my opinion would be a better portrayal of the shallow, greedy, slimy people who own and run Citizens bank. How do we as a country let these banks continue to walk all over us as if we were doormats. From the bottom of my heart Citizens bank F%$k off!!!

• Ls
              lstell3 Mar 06, 2012

Your dissertation has forced me to move my saving & checking accounts to Citadel Credit Union. I felt as though I had given the report myself. With all of these hidden fees, & the disparity it's almost impossible to balance my check book until I receive the statement.

Thanks again,

Citizens Bankcitizens bank rochester

I call this the Nightmare Bank. I am praying that they have not screwed my credit rating up so bad that I can switch banks.
            -Had a no fee account that switched to a FEE account (and huge fees!) without me being notified. Opened a new no fee account, but the kid who opened it failed to close the old account. Received a noticed that this unclosed account was overdrawn.
            -a large check was posted twice-leaving my account hugely overdrawn. Opps, so sorry! Another one of the child tellers giggled and asserted that someone goofed.
            -The most recent problem, and the one that has pushed me over the edge: Went to withdraw money for Christmas shopping at a Citizens Bank teller. No money is dispersed. the child teller giggles and says, gee, sorry 'bout that-they are filling the machine and it should have been put out of order. After hours of contacting customer service and everyone I can think of, the upshot is: Sorry, you are screwed. No Christmas for us. Oh, eventually, in six months or so the money will be replaced, but no time soon. I've been waiting five years for a chargeback that was never credited (and never will be), even after I filed an affidavit etc.
            Another beef: Citizens has sold every bit of information-including my SS etc. to everyone on the planet. Is this normal? If so, it sucks.

• To
                Tom314 Mar 03, 2012

this spot is not big enough to fit all of my complaints. $12.000 dollars in overdraft fees last year I am writing a report to the attorney general and I am switching my business to another bank immediately . and I will video me using a blowtorch on my citizens checkbook very soon (will be on YouTube)

Citizens Bankholding my money

I purchased a vehicle threw citezens, the vehicle was deemed a lemon and recalled in March, I purchased gap insurance threw Buchanan Auto Park. When the loan was paid in full in march I was to recieve a check from buchanon for the refund, they sent it to Citezens, citezens recieved the check April 20th, I called them to see why I never recieved my refund.

The first person I spoke to on 4/24/2009, said the check was lost to call back in 3 days. The second person on 4/28 said they could not find the check, they had to file a paper to look for it. I was to call back in 3 days, I called today 5/04 they said they had to hold the check 30 days to make sure it was good!! First I find it unacceptable that a bank looses a check and second I was not permitted after asking 4 times to speak with a manager. Also if the check came from a dealer and it is mine why do they care if it good. And the loan was paid in full and when I called on April 2 to make them aware of the fact that they would recieve my refund, the gentleman I spoke with said they would hold it 10 days and send it to me, now it is 30 days.

Citizens BankI am truly sick of this bank

On 8/11/11 I had $22620.01 in my business checking account a check came through for 26.18. they bounced it and charged me a 39.00 bounce fee because A charge was on hold for 2246.84 but had not yet posted to the account. I ran that morning before the charge was posted and deposited cash to cover the 22620.01 before it posted to my account. I don’t understand how they bounced the check when that charge was not posted to my account. The charge was also dated to post to the account 8/15/11 but came out of my account 8/12/11. The Check posted on 8/11/11. Citizens also lost 2 deposits I had made on 2 seperate occasions and told me it was my problem to find out where they went. So I had to get my customers to there bank info and track down the checks they paid us with. It was kind of embarassing. I found out where the money went ! They deposited the money in someone else account. I am truly sick of this bank. When you call the bank you never get the right information. I have been banking with citizens since 2005 and I notice they change practices and DO NOT inform the customer, But when you call them they say it has always been that way. Believe me I do not want to bounce things and give citizens my money. It seems things are one way for a while then they change to the advantage of the bank.

Citizens BankCheck Holding Policy

I have been unemployed for months and I finally got a new job, what better way to celebrate then open a new bank account? My friend recommended me to Citizen's Bank in our area.

I opened my account and deposited a payroll check of $350.00 the same day. The bank manager and teller where there when I did so and never said a word to me, they never went over the availability policy or the holdings policy with me.

On Friday I went to go deposit a check into my landlord's account to pay for rent. When I checked my account online I discovered that they had a holding of $159.00 on my checking account!

I checked on Tuesday and it's still being held. When I called them up they told me the that the hold was going to last until Wednesday night at Midnight (Thursday morning)! That is a total hold of 4 day(s)!

I have never had a bank hold a payroll check for that long before. I have had them hold personal checks and checks over $1, 000.00, but I have never had them hold a payroll check under $400.00 before!

I asked to speak to a branch manager and they told me there was nothing they could do and they could not release the funds sooner. They told me I should have be aware of their policy.

Seriously? The branch manager knew I had a payroll check and she knew I was depositing it, I even mentioned that I was going to go pay rent today and she didn't say a thing, the teller didn't bother to tell me about the availability of holding policy either.

Instead I should have read the thick packet of paper they gave me with a front the size of an ant. You would have thought at the very least they would have informed a new customer about their policies verbally.

As it stands right now if my rent check hits before my deposit hold releases, I am going to be hit with several fees. And they already told me they would not reverse these fees either.

I have never had this issue with a bank before and I have never had this sort of unfriendly, uncaring attitude with this bank before either. I told them if I was hit with several fees because of a policy they failed to inform me about, I would close my bank account the same day and they just said "alright".

Nice customer service there. Real nice.

Citizens Bankfraud

For the first time in twenty years I made a mistake in my checkbook. I am on Social Security and have no other monies. When my checks bounced, the bank charged each check PLUS a $6.95 daily penalty. By the time my direct deposit check came in, Citizens took $275 which I can ill afford. The manager told me the overdraft charges are designed for mortgage holders. I do not have a mortgage. Why doesn't the bank design fees for the poor?? For $30 a year I can have overdraft protection. Sounds like extortion.

• In
                        intellex58 Jul 12, 2011

Banks should rename “Overdraft Protection, ” to “[censored] Protection, ” you do something dumb and for $30 a year we will roll our eyes, shake our heads, and let it slide.

Citizens Bankthey are thieves

I sold car on Ebay. Recieved and deposited check. Bank put funds into my account 4 days later. I used some of the money to arrange shipping on car and do other bussiness. Couple of days later they siezed my business account and 1 day later they siezed all of my accounts. Including an account that is my mothers social security deposit account that has my name on it to assist an elderly lady. They made NO attempt to contact me, I found out when my debit card was rejected. Turns out the check from the Florida Suncoast Teachers Credit Union (cashiers check) either stoped or was a fraud. I can't get a strait answer from the bank officers. They are highly trained to be stupid when needed. They have made it so we can't perform any banking functions and want there money back. I can understand this but it will not happen with the accounts sealed and the funds stolen from them. We have banked with these people for at least 17 yrs and have always opperated honestly. During all of this there has been no willingness to discuss any of this, just a verbal run around. One last thing. I have been told all of my life that the reason a check is delayed being deposited to your account is to allow it to clear the other institution. They held this check for several days to do this. There new verbal puke is that after a few days they ALLOW you use the fund on good faith. If this is true why are they not available immediatly. When Fund are credited to your account and you believe they have done there job and cleared the check, why do they deny any involvment in what has happened. STAY AWAY. THERE IS NO SERVICE IN THIS BANK, ONLY SELF SERVING. THEY WILL DENY ANY PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU AT THE DROP OF A HAT. Find a small local bank to do business with, smaller the better.

• Re
                          reefercat Jun 24, 2011

yes, it is a common scam, often involving first contact via Craigslist. The bank will not assume the debt. I will never accept a check these days except from family members.

• Us
                          use*common*sense Jun 23, 2011

And why should the bank lose the money when you did something stupid and got scammed?

• Us
                          use*common*sense Jun 23, 2011

They make the funds available as a convenience. Normally, a check would be returned within 4 days, but it sometimes takes longer. If you deposit a bad check in your account, which you obviously did, the bank has the right to take the money from your other accounts. If you are on your mother's account as a joint owner, the bank can take that money also. Reading the first line of your complaint, it is obvious that you were scammed. Why would someone send a cashier's check and have a car shipped over ebay? Why didn't you use paypal? I'm sure the car you were selling was only a few thousand dollars and you didn't stop to think about why someone would pay to ship it across the country? I'm sure you got an email asking you to accept a check and do the shipping. Let me guess, the buyer was overseas, probably in the military, and was buying the car for their child or themselves when they got home. Didn't you stop to question why they sent a check from a teacher's CU in Florida, where I imagine, the car wasn't shipped to?

Citizens Bankwon't let me transact

Im a charterone /citizens bank customer from 2003 .I have more than 80k in deposits in various accounts in the same bank.Im from Ontario Canada and working in USA . I went to Citizens branch in 1000 Portage rd, Niagara falls to with draw 6000 Dollors .The bank manager asked for my ID and i provided my driving license .He told me he cant let me do the transaction as my id is a Canadian Driving License .He insist if i can bring Passport then he can let me do the transaction. So i went back to my car and brought my passport back.He verfied everything including SSN and filled up the withdrawal slip by himself .But then he told me he dont feel giving me the amount and hand over back my documents and the withdrawal slip filled by him. I asked is there anything wrong and he replied me he dont have to give me any reason, I was very upset also got worried as i thought some thing wrong with this account.Also i told him i need the reason as my direct deposit also going to this account.He again told he dont have to give me any reason and i cant with draw. I did few transaction through that branch previously. But I went to another branch which is about 5 miles from there and I was given my amount without any questions at all. I feel so much upset over this incident and above all im not even able to complain about the things happen at the branch to anyone in Citizens Bank. I thought to talk to the Manager for that branch but i find out he is the Bank Manager .His name is Joe Filipski Branch Manager( NYR178) Also the Ids i provided are the one i gave at the time of opening the account. I would be happy to provide more documents in case if he really suspect me to prove my identity.I am here in this country for 10 yrs and i never had this problem before.

• Bi
                            BillB5678 Jun 25, 2011

I'd be hesitant to give someone like that my personal information. He might try to use it to steal your identity, or withdraw money from your account. This bank is owned and operated by criminals. I'm waiting for the day they end up on the news for fraud and embezzlement. There really should be a class action suit against this bank. The best that we can do is warn people to stay away from them. You're better off putting your money under the mattress. It won't grow there, but it won't grow at Citizens either. They'll just keep helping themselves to your money for no reason.

• Vi
                            Vinodh May 31, 2011

Im a charterone /citizens bank customer from 2003 .I have more than 80k in deposits in various accounts in the same bank.Im from Ontario Canada and working in USA . I went to Citizens branch in 1000 Portage rd, Niagara falls to with draw 6000 Dollors .The bank manager asked for my ID and i provided my driving license .He told me he cant let me do the transaction as my id is a Canadian Driving License .He insist if i can bring Passport then he can let me do the transaction. So i went back to my car and brought my passport back.He verfied everything including SSN and filled up the withdrawal slip by himself .But then he told me he dont feel giving me the amount and hand over back my documents and the withdrawal slip filled by him. I asked is there anything wrong and he replied me he dont have to give me any reason, I was very upset also got worried as i thought some thing wrong with this account.Also i told him i need the reason as my direct deposit also going to this account.He again told he dont have to give me any reason and i cant with draw. I did few transaction through that branch previously.But I went to another branch which is about 5 miles from there and I was given my amount without any questions at all. I feel so much upset over this incident and above all im not even able to complain about the things happen at the branch to anyone in Citizens Bank. I thought to talk to the Manager for that branch but i find out he is the Bank Manager .His name is Joe Filipski Branch Manager( NYR178) Also the Ids i provided are the one i gave at the time of opening the account. I would be happy to provide more documents in case if he really suspect me to prove my identity.Im here in this country for 10 yrs and i never had this problem before.

Citizens Bank Checkingonline statement versus their statement

On Friday May 27th I had an 87.85 cent balance. a refund in the amount of $38.00 was on hold. I went and made a charge 17.96 at CVS and one at shaws for 70.96. My online showed the $38.00 deposit was added to the 87.85, which left me a balance before the long weekend of $125.85. Now the bank is saying that the $38.00 credit which my side was showing was not there until 5/31 so they bounced the 17.96 being on hold. the actual charge for the 17.96 came in on 5/31/2011, which now because fo the $38.00 fee bounced again. and now they can charge me 6.99 a day until I can pay for all those bounce fees.

Please someone explain this banking to me. if I go to online banking and it shows 1) balance 2) all things on hold 3) adjusted balance after items on hold. How can I be charged with bouncing when I am using their balances of what I have available, according to thier website. I am using the adjusted balance.

Citizen Bankoverdraft

i was charge a overdraft fee for a check i written for rent that was deposited two week late by the landlord, i try to check my account once a day however there time that go buy without checking, so the only way i can check on my balance and bank activity is though online banking, when the check posted i was not warned that i have a overdraft pending nor did it post on my account the day it was recieve by the bank even though i have overdraft alert warning to my online account that suppose to warn me in the event of a overdraft, if the alert had posted i would have made a deposit by the end of that day to prevent these fees, i call the customer service dept and was told there was nothing they could do and it my responibility to keep a ledger if any body have a way they can help me please e-mail me [protected]@yahoo.com

Citizens Bank — froze account for fraudulant reasons

On Tuesday I deposited my boyfriends pay check. I assumed everything was fine, but then on Thursday evening I...

Citizens Bankbad business practices

I am so furious with this bank. Every month, I have a direct deposit from Google come into my Citizens Bank account for payment for my Cellphone Apps. A very good friend of mine also makes apps and does everything the same as me, except he uses Bank of America.
                              To make a long story short, we get paid at the EXACT same time every month, as it has been for a while. Well, this month, he got his a little before me. I know its not because of Google. His money cleared into his account on 4/15/11 as spendable cash. I logged into my account, and it was not there yet. So I waited patiently. Saturday, nothing. Monday, nothing.
                              Now, on Monday, I had a few charges come into my account that brought the account into the Negative, and was hit with a $75 dollar fee for it. This happened some time around 10 at night. Magically, the next morning, a few hours after these charges go through, the deposit magically appears in my account and acts like nothing ever happened. it just bumps the charges to the bottom of the list, almost like it is trying to hide it. It makes me feel like they intentionally held back the money just so the charges would go through, so they can hit me with an overdraft fee.
                              Never has my buddy relieved his money before I have. We always got it on the same say, usually within the same 1/2 hour.

JAM Boston Jun 29, 2011

I have been a customer of CFG (Citizens Financial Group) for a very long time and I have no idea WHY I simply walk away from them. I am not even sure the CEO Ellen Alemanii is fully aware of these poor business practices. When I read:

“Citizens Financial Group, Inc.’s reputation for integrity in the marketplace is one of its most important assets. We are committed to upholding the highest ethical standards and operating our company with superior integrity to protect our colleagues, customers, and the communities we serve.” The so called Code of Ethics...

I wonder how they decided to charge $6.99 DAILY for an overdraft. I mean, as a responsible professional, I avoid over drafts, yet it happens. How can an ATM dispense cash I do not have is simply amazing! While I thought my deposit have had arrived, I simply withdrew money not knowing it will place my account on a negative state…. Several days later I see several times FEES for $6.99 being change???? That is not very Citizen or way to treat the Citizens… I am done with this back and their poor business practices.

Citizens Bankfraudulent activity

I cannot believe that they are getting away with charging overdraft fees on balances in the black. I had over 33 in my bank on 3/28. A debit for 7.99 was cleared and paid by the bank on 3/28. Then, on 3/29 an unauthorized loan payment for 100 was paid, leaving me with an overdraft balance and they assessed a 37 fee on 3/29 for that. Then, on 3/30, they assess another 37 fee on the same debit. When I complained, they tried to tell me the 7.99 bounced and that fee was for that amount. I made them show me the printout and sure enough, on their sequencing of paid debits, I had a balance of over 25.00 AFTER the 7.99 was paid on 3/28. Why did they wait two days to assess a 37 fee on that if it overdrew my account? They refuse to reimburse those fees and accept culpability. On Feb 28, they deposited my husband's paycheck into my son's SSI account, without my knowledge. Then, they made me transfer it back to our account. They made the mistake, why didn't THEY do it? My husband's name isn't even on that account, mine is. How the heck do you even cash a check on an account that does not even have the payee's name on it legally? That's like taking your paycheck to your friendly bank and they give it to someone else. Illegal as hell, I would think. I should pursue these events, but I am just not putting money into the account anymore. Instead of closing the account, I will keep a minimal amount that they can't play with and withdrawing everything else. They lost 800 of our hard-earned money yesterday because I went right up to the teller and took the money back out.

Citizens Bank — lazy understaffed employes

My name is Walter Taylor, I have been banking with Mellon/Citizens Bank or over 37 years. I have seen the...