Having problems with Citizens Bank?

+1 877 360 2472 (Checking and Savings Accounts)
+1 800 922 9999 (Checking and Savings Accounts)
+1 800 600 0008 (Student Loan Applications)
+1 866 259 3767 (Student Loans)
+1 888 411 0266 (Education Refinance Loan Applications)
+1 866 259 3767 (Education Refinance Loans)
+1 800 340 5626 (Application for a New Home Loan)
+1 800 999 0216 (Existing Home Loan)
+1 888 514 2300 (New Mortgage Applications)
+1 800 234 6002 (Existing Mortgage Customers)
+1 888 333 5145 (Credit Card Applications)
+1 800 684 2222 (Credit Cards)
+1 888 333 0246 (Personal Loan Applications)
+1 866 999 0107 (Personal Loans)
+1 877 670 5200 (Wealth Management)
+1 800 862 6200 (Existing Business Banking Customers)
+1 800 428 7463 (New Customers)
1 Citizens Plz
Providence, Rhode Island

Complaints & Reviews

Citizens Bank Hartsville, Tn 37074 — Illegal loans, title insurance & illegal foreclosure

My name is Dwight Mitchell. I live at 323 Park Road 4-5 Madison, TN 37115. I was born in Hartsville, TN...

Citizens Bankharassment and incompetence

Let me start by saying, I live in Florida and my parents live(d) in Vermont.

My mother and father had a mortgage with Citizens Bank. My dad died 10/23/10 and my mother was in the hospital. I was in Vermont helping with things at that time.

Citizens Bank called about payment, I explained the situation (and that my mother would be getting to her financial business when she got out of the hospital). I wrote the check out and had my mother sign it. All was right with the world again.

I returned to Florida in late November, but booked a flight back to Vermont, as my mother was still in the hospital when I left and I felt I needed to get Power of Attorney and take over her bills until she was better.

Sadly, after having flown my mother down to Florida (with her money) so I could care for her in my home, my mother passed away 1/23/11. I had to return north to arrange for her funeral and start the paperwork to become executor to her estate.

I contacted the people that needed to be contacted and explained the situation. Everyone was understanding and sympathetic. However, the day after I contacted Citizens Bank a very rude woman called asking for, first my dad, and then my mom. It was Citizens Bank. I could not believe these people! Even after I told her the situation, she was coarse and rude. She told me to fax the death certificates and executor paperwork as soon as I was named.

After returning home, my sister, who lives down the road from my parent's house and stops in frequently, called to tell me on 2/25/2011 that Citizens Bank called and I needed to call them. I did and spoke at great length with Shayla, who told me to fax both death certificates, my driver's license, my contact information, and a note asking what I can do to keep the account in good standing until the paperwork gets through the courts (how customer friendly is that!?!). I did all of that on 2/25/11.

Thankfully, I had received a check from my mother's insurance and was able to pay all the bills due (I am still waiting for the court to name me executor).

I paid Citizens Bank's February payment (due the 10th) and March's payment on 3/4/2011.

Yesterday, 3/7/2011, I receive two letters from Citizens Bank, one addressed just to my dad and one addressed to both my parents demanding they contact them within 10 days of the date of letter (dated 2/28/11, mailed 3/1/11) or they would turn the account over to a collection agency! My mother and father never paid these people late and have $8000 in one of their local branches. It wasn't like this was a problem account...not to mention the fact that I had spoken to numerous people there explaining the situation AND faxed everything their employee asked me to fax!

Needless to say, I called them in a rage. I did not call the number on the threatening letter, as it is their Consumer Counseling Dept. and I did not need help with paying my bills...although I will probably need counseling after dealing with these inept buffoons.

After dialing and connecting to their automated service, I had to put in my father's social security number so they could "better serve me" and waited for, “The next available representative”. Lynn was finally available.

I told her I wanted to speak with a supervisor. She needed the account number I was calling about...thanks for serving me better. I gave it to her and she stated she would take a look at the account. I told her no, that I wanted to speak to a supervisor for the reasons listed above.

After some back and forth, she said she needed to connect me to the 'correct' department and asked what kind of loan it was dealing with (did she not just get the account number?!?)...I told her it was a mortgage. She transferred me to Denise...in the Customer Counseling Dept!

Denise requested the account number, which I gave her. I told her I didn't need to speak to someone about anything other than the fact that I had notified them numerous times over the phone of the situation and had even faxed over all the things listed above and now I just wanted to speak to someone about the threatening letters and ineptitude of their bank. We had a few more back and forths.

Denise then told me that they had received the faxed death certificates...to which I responded that I knew that, that wasn't the point and that I wanted to speak to a supervisor about the things listed above. She then interrupted me to tell me they had received payment (which I had already told her I had paid with the insurance money); I again went over why I was calling and when she interrupted me the 3rd time, I finally screamed at her...asking her what part of, I know they received the death certificates and payments and that I just wanted to speak to a supervisor, did she not understand?!?

Finally, and very condescendingly, she agreed to get one; asking several times if I would mind being put on hold...each time I told her that would be fine as long as I would be speaking with a supervisor.

After about 5 minutes, Ms. Jennifer comes on the line and informs me that I have contacted the wrong department...to which I tell her, "No, one of your employees transferred me here!" She then tells me that this is the auto loan department (but, Denise told me it was the Customer Counseling Dept?!?) and she would need to transfer me to the mortgage department and to please bear with her and she would supply me that number as well, in case I needed to call back.

She was stumbling over herself because she was lying through her teeth...and, after more hemming and hawing, starts to give me an 800 number, which I finished for her because it was the number I had called initially...she then ignored what I had said and asked to put me on hold to get the number.

When she came back to the phone, she gave me an 877 number [protected]) and was mumbling something about everyone still thinks this department deals with all loans...an email had been sent out, but she guessed not everyone had read their email...to which I responded that that was why I was calling...information given to that bank seems to fall into a black hole.

She then tells me she will transfer me to the correct department.

I'm on hold again waiting for, "The next available representative". Finally Donna answers. She asks for the account number. I calmly give her the account number, my name, and that I'm calling about my deceased parent's account. I also inform her that I have already spoken to Lynn, Denise, and Ms. Jennifer as well as numerous other employees on different occasions and I am just trying to talk to a supervisor. She asks if I can verify who I am by giving her my home address, phone number, and last 4 of my social security. I tell her I have faxed all that information to them and she should be able to see my parent's death certificates and all the other things I faxed and to put a supervisor on the phone. She then says she would just like to get a few bits of...I finally just told her that I would contact my lawyer and hung up.

I have not dealt with one employee there that gave me the confidence I was dealing with a professional business. They are a waste of space and as soon as the executor paperwork comes through, we are paying off the mortgage and pulling all my parent's money out of their bank.

I can only hope my parents insured the mortgage against their death...which might explain why they are so eager to put a loan that has been in outstanding status into a delinquent status for a payment 15 days late.

Update: I just received another letter today, dated 3/1/2011, addressed to my father stating, “This letter shall confirm that your recent Name Change request has been received and submitted for processing...” What is wrong with these people?!?

Citizens Bankauto debit

I submitted a new bank account for my auto-debit loan to come out of in December. It is now the end of February, and they haven't yet managed to figure out how to put that little 10 digit number into their system. Each month, the day after the money was supposed to come out of my account, I get a call that my account is past due and if I don't pay it immediately, my credit will be impacted and they will proceed with collections actions. Each month, I call Citizens and am told that they "don't know why" the money isn't coming out of my account, despite the bank routing number and bank account number being right. I then am told to find a local Citizens branch (closest one is 20 miles away) and pay with a check. Isn't that why I have the auto debit feature? So I don't have to find a bank and pay with a check? I've never seen such shocking incompetence in my life.

Citizens Bankfraudulant charges

I went to make a purchase at Best Buy yesterday for a total of $109. Only $103 processed on my bank card and it came up with a $6 balance. I did not have the additional $6...so had to have them void the transaction.

Why? I called the bank...apparently I spent over my $500 limit for the day. $500 limit? For ATM yes...for all transactions? Never heard of that. Ok. So I logged in to my account and it showed only $257 had been withdrawn from my account to pay auto pays and checks for the day. The $109 would not put me over $500.

I called back, and this time was told that my auto insurance debited my account twice. Yet that doesnt show on my account that I am staring at while talking to them. The insurance put me over the $500...So I call my insurance...nope they only processed it once. Thats what I thought.

And wait a second, I do the math again...nope even with the "2" insurance debits I still wasnt over $500. I called back...

NO ONE at Citizens Bank could explain it. I asked for a manager and was put on hold for 15mins before the same person came back on and tried to explain it-yet it didnt make sense. I demanded a manager again...on hold for another 10mins. Finally a manager comes on and tells me my insurance charged twice, but the second time they charged double. But...they rescinded the transaction and the funds would be back in my account by today.
      I wake up today and check and not only those funds arent there, but neither is the voided Best Buy purchase.

So I am out over $300 right now waiting on Citizens Bank to get their head out of their butt and fix my account so I can do my Christmas shopping.

Merry BLEEPING Christmas A-HOLES

Citizens BankInternational Wire Transfer Gone Wrong

Citizen's Bank has also been completely unreliable with me. Their workers, even their managers, are incompetent. A couple of weeks ago, I tried to send a wire to England.

I paid the amount of money in pounds, and the money was immediately withdrawn from my account. Everything was fine until a week later when I received two letters in the mail. One said I was paying a bank in England the amount of money I sent out, and another said that the bank in England wired the money back to me because of an incorrect IBAN number.

Because of the international exchange rates, I lost a few hundred dollars. Believing there must be some mistake, I called my branch of Citizen's Bank, which then directed me to their wiring company. The woman immediately pointed out that whoever had done the wiring (the banker) had added "IBAN" to the beginning of the IBAN number, making it wrong.

I called the banker, who claimed that it was my fault because I had signed the paper, letting him send the wire. I was unaware, at that time, that "IBAN" had been added in front of the correct IBAN number. I thought it was just the place where they were putting the IBAN number, and the rest had been typed correctly.

The banker said that I had presented him the IBAN number like that, which was a complete lie. I had typed out "IBAN :" (with a colon before the number, nonetheless!) so that I would know where to point when they asked me for the number. Also, my question to you: shouldn't a person who banks for a job KNOW the correct format for sending a wire? Why would I tell you the correct format? That's like a doctor needing to ask you which scalpel to use when you ask for a surgery!

The banker (who turned out to be the manager of that branch) was extremely rude and began to string me along. It was not until I called the regional manager, who was also rude to me, that I had things sorted out. Only after I hassled them twice a day for a week did they grudgingly agree to give me back the $10 outgoing wiring fee, $13 incoming wiring fee, and the several hundreds of dollars of mine they lost due to their incompetence.

Good riddance, Citizen's. I'm going to get my money tomorrow and close my account with you!

• Ro
            Royal49 Jul 21, 2016

Every month since at least last September I have had charges of 29. 95 taken out of my bank account on account co87647888 - 840 - 6301 ct and [protected] ct and also $1. 00 every month. I do not use these services and am asking for repayment from you. I did not authorize them. I recently purchased a new computer and changed my email accounts from aol. I request payment from privacy matters and pmi identity plus a stop to charges from my account. My bank will no longer accept your bill.

Citizens Banknsf charges

Tell me how this makes sense;
          I had a 30 dollar transfer from my mother so I could buy gas last week, at that time I had 35.95 in my account. After buying gas, a pack of cigarettes and a vitamin water, my account was down to a total of 6.12, green sense, which is a product of theirs injected 3.80 and gave me a total of 9.92, a reoccurring charge posted to my account, it was in pending status when I caught it. I immediately called the organization that posted it and canceled the pending payment as I knew I would not be able to cover it, and I never set the account up to have a reoccurring charge, not only are they hitting me with an NSF charge for the post that I canceled, they saw fit to charge two more NSF charges for the gas, smokes and vitamin water, I've been battling this out with them all day, and will more than likely have to deal with this again tomorrow, all over a reoccurring charge that I originally did not authorize in the first place, I was refunded the money from the organization (xbox live) as I caught it too late and they could only refund the money not reverse the pending payment, but that shouldn't matter should it? I'm only in the negative now because they hit me with the NSF charges in the first place? They said they would reverse the charges for the gas, etc. today, because they would have too since they posted before the xbox live charge, but it still hasn't reflected on my account, and that because the xbox live charge was immediately refunded, to call again when it posts and they would be able to reverse it, but I'm not going to hold my breath since they still haven't reversed the charges they said they would... what should I do?!?!?!!?

• Me
              melodyroger Sep 16, 2011

You will have to wait and see. All banks are getting horrible about this because they now rely on NSFs to stral literally millions of custmer dollars per year!

• Me
              melodyroger Sep 16, 2011

THIEVES!!!

Citizens Bank — overdraft

I had $99 in my account.On a Friday, I made 2 charges, one 29 and the other 36. Again, these charges were on...

Citizens Bank Credit Card Servicesbalance transfer fees

I recently went to citizens bank to open another account. They took an awful lot of time to push me to open a new credit card with them. I saw minh binh luu at the brighton mass location. He definitely gave me lousy advice to transfer a balance... With 0% interest. He never mentioned the balance transfer feeeeeeeees. I already have another line of credit with very low interest. I went back to the bank. They wouldnt help me. I spent 45 min on one call and another 30 min. On another call. I wanted the fee waived. It wouldnt hurt them to waive the fee. I am a very good long time customer which they do not care at all about. When I had a big problem with capital one, they actually gave me money!!! For my troubles. I was very upset, and they actually did something about it. I cancelled my credit card at citizens and they certainly did not care at all. Do not get a citizens bank credit card... There is no customer service at alllllllllllllllllll.

Citizens Bankripping me off

i have an overdraft fee i tried to pay my id is expired .the teller would not accept my deposit therefore untill i get a new id my account will increase in overdraft i was tring to deposit not withdraw ive never heard of such a scam

• Wa
                  warren c Feb 27, 2013

i called citizens bank for a payoff letter for my home owners loan and my home equity line of credit at the same time. they sent the one for my home owners loan but not my home equity line. so i called citizens bank to find out where the other letter was, and they said that it was never requested. i have to close in 2 days, but citizens bank would not fax the letter without a $25 dollar fee. even though citizens bank made the mistake, they refused to correct it without a $25. fee. i talked to steffani @ the call office in North Carolina and to a supervisor in Pennsylvania named brandi. neither of them would make any effort to correct the situation without a $25. fee. does citizens bank need the money that bad? i also promised to close a business account that i still have with them, which i will do promptly. they failed miserably at customer satisfaction. i would not recommend them to anyone.

First Citizens Bank (Nc) — customer satisfaction survey

I was asked to complete a customer service survey. I completed about 50% of the survey and was interrupted by...

Citizens Bankbank fraud

I had no complaints on Citizens bank, that is until I closed my account.
                So, 2 months ago I closed my account, 2 months later I received a letter saying that I own them money. I called in a confusion, after two hours and 5 different people, I got the whole story. Apparently, I enrolled in the overdraft protection back in 2007 or something. Now, at the time I enrolled, it didn't have an annual fee. But, apparently at some point, they started to charge annual fee...which I had no knowledge of what so ever. When I close my account, apparently I didn't close the overdraft protection program, and the annual fee is slap on my face. Since, I took all my money out when I close the account, they couldn't take any money out of my account, now they decided they want to charge me interest on it ($20 a month). I got a letter 2 months later, saying that I own 70 some dollars...I tried to reason with them, because 1. I have no knowledge of the annual fee. 2. I don't understand why they didn't close overdraft-protection program when I close my account. 3. I didn't receive any statement for money, until now. so why should I pay for the interest???
                The customer service refuse to do anything to help...So i either have to pay them all the money, or they will keep billing me with more interest every month.
                What a [censored]UP bank!!!

Citizens Bankoverdrafts - atm deposits don't clear

I keep threatening to leave and switch to another bank... why don't I have the guts to actually do it?!? Citizens routinely screws me over and steals my hard-earned money and I somehow am too freaked out by the giant task of switching banks that I let them continue to rob and beat me.

I don't understand how their practices of altering "posting" & "clearing" dates can possibly be legal... They find ways to post things out of order just so you drop below $0 with the possibility of having the most items post/clear after $0 to rack up as many overdraft fees as possible. Great, my account is below $0 already, I'm living check to check, and now I've got close to $200 in fees? Way to go Billion dollar conglomerate, way to make the working man feel real good about themselves! I didn't need to eat this week... They are dishonest, lacking compassion, have terrible customer service, and are money hungry.

A warning as well: when you are attempting to cover a check, bill, etc. by making an after-hours deposit for the next morning, do NOT do it at the ATM. Put it in that drop-box instead, as the ATM envelopes apparently do not get picked up everyday! REALLY! The employees are too lazy to walk outside to get the envelopes to deposit our money to make sure our checks, bills don't bounce, so that they can once again charge us ANOTHER FEE!!! Think they planned that? Yup...

So, have I finally had enough to switch all my bills, all my direct deposits/withdrawals, and all that jazz?!? I think my time has finally come after 15 years, it's over Citizens, it's over!

• Gus McCoy Oct 06, 2014

I get overdraft, he make fradulent chchecheck - everyone knows its for girls!

Citizens Bankcitizen's bad decision embarrassed me and made a whole team of workers have to wait an additional day to be paid

I have long felt that I wasn't getting sufficient services, but now that they are tacking on more charges, the services are worse not better. Now I am charged for overdraft protection annually, plus $5/day plus interest, however, when I wrote a check for a service man, exceeding my balance in one account by a couple of dollars, I was not notified so I could move money, nor did they use my overdraft. Instead, they sent my worker away without money, when he needed to pay his workers from my check. Citizen's bad decision embarrassed me and made a whole team of workers have to wait an additional day to be paid.

SFCAJOHN Aug 18, 2010

I strongly urge you to file a complaint with the OCC -comptroller of the currency - just visit them at www.occ.treas.gov Tab to Consumer Complaint and Assistance. They have an easy on-line form. Your're problem may not be resolved to your satisfaction, but at least you didn't that this major misjudgment by Citizens laying down.

Citizens BankOverdraft and service charge fees

I have been a customer of Citizen's Bank for about 13 years. Last year, I had to file bankruptcy, so of course, my overdraft line of credit was taken away. I have been struggling ever since. In the last year (and as of today for the last time, I am closing my account and have opened one with INGDirect (great people) and a local Credit Union (who have told me quite a few customers have gone from Citizen's to their institution). I have been charged over $350 in overdraft fees. I am a single mother on a single income (dad is on deadbeat dad list). I have been trying to keep afloat and have called Citizen's Bank and tried to explain to them that one big overdraft charge leads me to more overdrafts (one charge was for $178 in overdraft fees, when the check was for $214 and a McDonald's for $6)!! I have vowed to submit these complaints whenever and wherever I can. I was told that they can charge me whatever they want. I hope that this bank gets their just deserts. They are a bunch of crooks.

Citizens Financial Group Inc.fraud

I have been battling with Citizens Bank for a considerable amount of time involving a fraudulent debit card transaction that was done online on April 16, 2010. I made the mistake of purchasing an Operating System from a website that I believed at the time of the purchase, was legitimate. The amount of the purchase was for $129.99.

After I witnessed the merchants unscrupulous methods of providing me the software (via an unsafe download with no CD copy of the software), I decided to immediately cancel the order. However, the merchant is based in Asia and their methods of communication were limited. I utilized their online correspondence method and I sent them the note to immediately cancel the order. However, they delayed the inevitable and never refunded my money. Instead, they played as if they provided me with my product and took my money. Their website is: www.Only4Soft.com.

I took the matter up with PayPal at first due to the fact that the transaction was initiated through PayPal. I trusted PayPal to be a safe online mediator of electronic transactions conducted online. However, to my dismay, PayPal did nothing. Instead, PayPal advocated for the merchant and said that the merchant was also a customer of theirs.

Apparently, PayPal also mentioned that since the purchase was for a said download, that they would not protect me and get me my money back. PayPal attempted to justify that they do not cover non-tangible goods, such as downloads. However, I explained to PayPal, that I simply wish to cancel the transaction and I took nothing from the merchant, nor did I receive anything from the merchant.

PayPal still chose to do nothing and I go absolutely nowhere with them. So, I decided to contact my bank since the purchase was made with my debit card linked to my checking account. My current bank is Citizens Bank and I provided them with full details of the situation. I requested that they act on my behalf to get me my money back, but they put me through a horrible ordeal.

To make a long story short, Citizens Bank had me go through lengthy and drawn-out measures, only for them to mistreat me in the long run. They had me fill out an affidavit that did nothing to get me my money back. Citizens Bank trifled with the transaction, caused me much pain and suffering, and still to date, I do not have my money back in my account. I spoke with numerous representatives on all different levels of the bank's hierarchy, yet they all advocated doing what has been in the best interest of Citizens Bank.

The matter has even gotten so bad that I could not even resolve it on a branch level. I attempted to do so at my local branch where I opened the account, but the Branch Manager only made matters worse. Eventually, the Branch Manager did not want to do her job to assist me any longer, so she contacted the local police to make it seem as though I was harassing her and behaving in a hostile and criminal fashion. And, the local police ordered me not to go to the branch or call there anymore, even though it is the branch where I opened my account and is closest to me. All of the other branches are pretty far in distance from where I live.

Citizens Bank has since compromised my account, took my money and put a hold on my account, so I can no longer access my money. They have caused me much financial distress, while at the same time tried to ruin my reputation as a law-abiding citizen. How ironic is it that Citizens Bank would do this to me?

Citizens Bankcitizens bank charged $74 in overdraft fees for a $35 recurring item

Citizens Bank charged $74 in overdraft fees for a $35 recurring item that was presented against a balance of $27.98, a $7.02 overdraft. That is a 1, 054% transaction fee!

The $35 item should not have even been honored in the first place, because it was for a debit transaction on a card that had been canceled. Citizens Bank decided to drop MasterCard and forced me to switch to Visa, and I had started to use the Visa debit card weeks before. So the transaction should never have been honored.

When I explained all of this and that I wanted to have the charges taken off my account by two different members of Citizen Bank's call center group in Ashville, North Carolina, they said there is no way they would reverse the charges.

Both customer service people, Shauna Payne and Ryan Walkenshaw, identified themselves as "Supervisors." It appears that is part of Citizens’ strategy – everyone is a supervisor so there is no one available to transfer calls to. They each refused to let me talk to anyone else to escalate the situation.

The conversations were being recorded. They both said they would be happy to leave a message with someone to call me back, but there is no way that the overdraft fees would be waived by anyone at Citizens Bank.

I told them if they cannot get me a manager to speak with today, they need to put the funds back in the account today and we can resolve the issue when they call me back. I told them that I had made a deposit in the account to pay an important bill, and the $74 that they took out brought the balance down to a point where there is not enough to cover the payment. They both said that was not their problem.

Shauna Payne kept talking over everything I said. At the end of the call, she claimed she would transfer me to a manager's voice mail, and transferred me to a disconnected Verizon mobile phone.

I can't imagine how they can get away with this. Think twice before opening ANY account with Citizens Bank at this point!

• Ib
                              ibutakc1 Dec 07, 2009

I just went through the same issue with them, except spoke with Jenna Spunkard who was reading word for word verbatim and she identified herself as a supervisor.

Angry Bank Customer Jul 24, 2010

Citizens Bank has charged me over $550 in overdraft fees in the past few days. While my checking account was overdrawn, I do have savings overdraft protection. I did have enough in my savings account to cover the amount that posted to my account that day. However, Citizens Bank maintains that I had a charge that was HOLDING that would've put my account over by $16.93. Because of that charge, the bank ended up charging me close to $600 in overdraft fees. This wiped out my husband's entire paycheck and more. While the money cripples us, the worst part is the principle - Citizens Bank STOLE our money, unfairly, without good reason, and is not willing to do A SINGLE THING to keep our business. That is not good citizenship. We will be withdrawing our accounts from them very soon and telling all of our friends and family to do the same (or at least never to sign up for a bank account with Citizens). I will also be taking them to Small Claims Court to get my money back. If you are having similar problems, visit this website: http://www.challengethebank.com/

Citizens Bank — stop payment/ overdraft fee

I accidently pressed the wrong button online and charged $384 to my checking account. I immediately called...

Citizens Bankdon't use this bank!!!

I have more complaints with this bank than I have time to list! There is absolutely no customer loyalty whatsoever, and the way they configure overdraft charges should be illegal. They reconfigure post dates to overdraw accounts so it's impossible to tell when you're going to be charged overdraft fees (at $78 a pop!). I've begged them not to allow the "convenience" of allowing unexpected transactions to go through if there is not enough money in the account but they say it's company policy to allow every transaction to post INDEFINITELY, charging fees on every one. I check my balance every morning online to stay on top of things, but it doesn't matter. If a company with a recurring debit puts a notice in that funds will be withdrawn in 3 days, they overdraw my account the day that notice is sent!! So, say it's the 17th and funds are scheduled to be withdrawn on the 20th, if I don't have that money in at the time the notice is made on the 17th, I'm overdrawn...even though the actual funds aren't taken until the 20th! There is just soooooooo much more to say, but it's too frustrating to recount everything, so, bottom line, anyone looking to open up a new account, PLEASE reconsider!!!.

SFCAJOHN Oct 06, 2010

Please, please lodge your complaint with the OCC. Visit occ.treas.gov/customer.htm There you'll find an online form, complete it and leave the rest to the Government. We can flood the OCC with our complaints and keep Citizens Bank very, very busy. Good luck, And spread the word

Citizens Bank Pittsburgh — overdraft fees

For years I have been a good bank customer. I made regular deposits from various jobs I've held...

Citizens Bankposting vs clearing

Can someone explain to me how a check can show up on your on line banking and the next day it didn't clear. I was told that it was posted to my account on 04/07 but it didn't clear until 4/8 and all the money was switched around and I had a bounced check. They should not be showing information that isn't actual. That gives a false report. I go back and think I made an error and correct my check book to match. Now I have 5 insufficient funds transactions. Of course, there is no way to go back to yesterday's screen because they take out and switch things around. I am so out of that bank.

SFCAJOHN Aug 18, 2010

Please, make a complaint to the OCC - The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency!

Visit their site @ www.occ.treas.gov and complete their on-line complaint form ( use the Consumer Complaint and Assistance tab). They will take it from there. If nothing else you've created a "make work" problem for Citizens.