chrysler 300 touringlug nuts

I was working on changing a tire and could not take off the lug nuts. I went to use the standard issued lug wrench that came with the Chrysler 300 Touring when I bought the vehicle brand new in 2007. The lug wrench would not work, so I invested $15.00 and bought a universal lug wrench and none of the four sides would work. When I took this complaint to the Chrysler dealership in Fredericksburg, VA., I was told that the nuts were aluminum on the outside and from heat over a period of a few months to a few years the lug nuts can swell from the heat. I was told that I need to use a 22" mm socket and a 22 1/2" socket. This is frustrating just to take off the tire to change it out or replacing the outer tie rods or whatever. I feel that Chrysler should be responsible for putting on 20 brand new lug nuts at their expense not mine, so I can use what they gave me just to change a tire on the side of the road. Please get back to me or I will have to take other actions, which would not be favorable on Chrysler. Thank you for your time.

• Us
    USA LAR Feb 26, 2013

Yes they are frustrating and for a car of that class unacceptable as well. I have had the same problem myself too so I do agree with you. I am looking for aftermakets ones right now myself and that was how I ran across this post. Best of luck.

• Sw
    Sweetpea6315 Jan 20, 2016

I took my Chrysler 300S (2010) in to have the tires rotated and was told that all 16 of the lug nuts are swollen and will need to be replaced because they will strip while being removed? The people at Just Tires told me that this is a problem with Chrysler cars and trucks. After reading the above complaints, I'm wondering if this is true?

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices