Having problems with Empire Hyundai?

Empire Hyundai reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 4, 2007. The latest review Bait and switch was posted on Mar 30, 2021. The latest complaint Disrespect and unprofessionalism was resolved on May 30, 2012. Empire Hyundai has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 8 reviews. Empire Hyundai has resolved 5 complaints.

Empire Hyundai Customer Service Contacts

428 Pleasant Street
Fall River, Massachusetts

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Empire Hyundai Customer Service. Initial Empire Hyundai complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Empire Hyundai above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Empire Hyundai. Discuss the issues you have had with Empire Hyundai and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Empire Hyundai Complaints & Reviews

Mar 30, 2021

Empire Hyundai — Bait and switch

Hello, Don't bother with these crooks, looking into my options for a court case as we speak. First I...

Empire Hyundai — scam/unethical

I went to Empire Hyundai on 9/2/17 in response to a flyer that said I had won a $100. gift card. When I...

Empire HyundaiSales

The initial problems began when Empire quoted me a price for the new car IN WRITING and then tried to raise the price by $1, 000. Assistant Sales Manager, Paul McCarthy, stated he WOULD NOT honor the written quoted price of the car. The internet sales office said (Brandy or Casey) said Empire has given appraised trade-ins over the phone in the past. Assistant Manager, Paul, gave promise over the phone of $10, 000 for trade, then denied it once I drove over 400 miles to get there. Salesman, without my permission or knowledge, went to my car, rifled through my personal documents covering my written car quote, and brought the quote to me at his desk—total invasion of privacy. Withheld my keys from me, after I asked several times for them, so that I could not leave, essentially holding me hostage. General Manager, Joe, literally bellowing at me and berating me in front of Empire employees and customers; and Joe arrogantly announcing to everyone in the showroom that he deletes negative reviews on their web page—witnessed and irrefutable. The integrity their web page refers to was absent in the dealings they had with me that day and was again mirrored in their response to my Better Business Bureau review. This was all a direct reflection of the owner’s business policies. I wonder if it was a reflection of my status as a senior citizen, female, and veteran or is it how consumers as a whole are treated by them.

Empire HyundaiDisrespect and unprofessionalism

I purchased a car on 5/25/2012 from Empire Hyundai. I agree that the $5, 000.00 trade in is not accurate as I was told the price of the car already included the trade in it. I have to say my sales associate was fine after all he has to sell cars: RIcardo Bernardino. I got a great offer and was told it was good until the end of the day and in fact 2 hours after leaving the dealership, I called in a credit card deposit for $500.00 to hold the car. Being Memorial Day weekend I didn't think I could get back to the dealership until 5/29/2012 to close the deal. I was paying cash and needed to get to a bank. I instead went to the bank on 5/25, got the chec, k and surprised the dealership with my arrival at 9am hoping to pick up my new car. That is when I had the displeasure of meeting Eric Moura, Sales Manager. He walked in stood, looking down at me and stated if I wanted the car it would be at a different price, clearly not the price offered me. He stated the following: "You should have purchased it yesterday for that price it was an in dealership deal." I told him I gave a deposit he stated: "Prove it, do you have a receipt." Of course I didn't I gave my cc info over the phone. I did however, see my credit card information on the salespersons worksheet and pointed it out. He stated: "We didn't take your money so we have no obligation." Throughout this horrifying conversation which was loud, in the dealership, door wide open. He further went on to tell me, after I said I would walk out, the following: " Well then its better we don't do this deal we don't like unhappy customers." I told him he was disrespectful and unprofessional. He stated: " I am the most professional person I know." and he walked out the door. I almost left but I said NO WAY! Since Route 44 Hyundai told me they couldn't come close to that deal and their General Manager told me to buy the car I was not going to loose. I asked the cashier to speak with or make an appointment to speak with the owner Rick Torres. Since he wasn't there she could only give me to the Sales Manager Jerry Sandler, he apologized profusely, but more importantly he did the deal. The General Manager came in later that morning and also apologized profusely. But Eric Moura did not. Not surprised he clearly thinks he is the greatest gift to mankind. I feel bad for him he is a miserable human being. I got my car! I am not done! I just called Hyundai's main office and filed a formal complaint against Eric Moura. Maybe nothing will happen but I felt confident follow through is more apt to take place if you take your complaint out of the small box of the dealership and to the parent corporation. In the end it is dollars and sense for Hyundai, but a body is a body. They don't care who is making the money as long as they are making it. I got the car, I got the $5, 000.00 trade on my bucket of bolts, I am happy with the car and I can go anywhere I want for service after I take advantage of my free, $1, 000.00 mile check, 2 LOF's and tire rotation. This all took place in 24 hours. So I didn't loose much of my time and it is over. You decide but walking out wouldn't have gotten me what I wanted and it made me smile when I knew he didn't get what he wanted. Now I wait, the power of an unhappy consumer is great especially in social media. Stop, think, and go to Hyundai directly with your complaints.

Empire Hyundai Fall River, MAcharged too much for service

I brought my 350 xg hyundai in for a noise I heard in the engine area. They called a few hours later and said all the tensioner belts needed to be replaced, and the power steering pump, then the manager told me I should have the timing belt replaced. He used the word catastrophic. My car is 7 years old but only has 33, 000 miles. I debated about the timing belt, he said it would be $800.00. I called back because he scared me with what might happen if I didn't do it. The total was $1816.00 . I asked to see the old parts. The timing belt looked new to me, as did the other belts. The power steering pump looked fine, nothing looked rusty or cracked. My power steering was fine. I had a small noise when I started the car. Naturally none of this was covered by the warranty. The next day I called them to say I forgot to use my coupon for $50. off service. They would not honor it, saying the paperwork was done and they couldn't open the account. Bull. I called another dealership they said they did that all the time. The prices for parts and service did not match up either. Fall river was much more expensive. They charged me labor for removing all the belts when they had to remove them anyway to get to the timing belt. They are ripping people off with big smiles on their faces. I called headquarters and they said they would call the dealership on Monday to ask about the coupon, but all these dealerships are independently owned, they do what they want, they charge what they want, so do yourself a favor and check around before getting any service done.

Empire HyundaiShysterville

Buying a car from Empire Hyundai is a unique experience. (Ours took place the last week of September.) First you find a car that interests you and then the salesperson has you take them for a ride. During this event (while you’re trying to pay attention to traffic) the salesperson regales you with a litany of all of the "special" features that the car has (in his mind) such as things like: Bluetooth technology, an oil condition monitoring system which tells you when the oil actually needs to be replaced. (yada yada yada) Your told that the windows are all etched with the VIN#, The car comes with wheel insurance (incase you damage a wheel /tire via a pothole/curb) they will replace the wheel/tire free of charge. Because the vehicle was used (3000 mi) We asked “does the car come with a factory warranty, we were assured that it did. When doing the paper work, we noticed a $1, 245.00 charge and questioned it only to fine out it is to have the windows etched, we declined this option (and had it done a week later for $10.00 dollars at the fire ststion in our town.) a new set of papers were printed out and there was another $1245.00 charge and when we questioned it we were told that is for the wheel insurance program. We also declined this option. A new set of papers were again printed up and displayed a $3, 000 charge, when questioned, we were told that that its for the 5 yr/60, 000 mi warranty, we asked about “the factory and was told that its a 5yr/60, 000 mi warranty. I asked how much to extend the Warrant to 100, 000 miles and was told $300.00. We believed that we were discussing the “factory warranty” because no other warranty had been discussed. Last but not least, the vehicle came with one key and one remote. I was told that the keys can only be purchased in sets of three for $158.00 and the remote $165.00 with programming all totaled out to $515.00. we declined .
        I contacted other dealerships and found that the keys are usually sold in sets of three. (These are “laser cut” keys, Actually they are cut on a milling machine in stead of a grinder.) the blanks cost approximately $29.00 each and can be taken by you to a locksmith who does (laser cuts) and can be returned for programming to your vehicle (note: some locksmiths can actually program the keys themselves), the remote cost me $135.00 at Pride Hyundai and I found that Pride charges about $45.00 to program the one item or the three keys and two remotes.
        I checked with AAA regarding the purchase of a warranty for the car and was told that it was covered by a 5/60 factory warranty and therefore I didn’t need to purchase one. I explained that the factory warranty cost me $3300.00 and he suggested I contact Hyundai USA and gave me the number. I called and after a brief discussion, Hyundai USA placed me on hold called Empire and came back to tell me the warranty they sold me was an aftermarket warranty. I asked why on earth anyone would want to buy a piggy back warranty that has the same coverage and is only used after the original warranty runs out. I was told that no one would. We discussed empires deceptive practices regarding their blatant lies, mistruths and half truths. The Hyundai USA representative has lodges a complaint with their office on my behalf. I was given the name of the “manager who had spoken with Hyundai USA and am in the process of getting a full warranty refund. Empire also promised a new key which I was again told costs $500.00 and after giving him a “yeah right” look, he stated that it was between 3 to 500 I guess he is right if the “3” is $3.00. If any of you have not already contacted Hyundai USA please do so. They do not want their product and image destroyed by shysters.

Empire HyundaiHarassing Phone Calls

Don't ever give Empire Hyundai your phone number. I can't recall why I did and I am kind of surprise with my self as I usually don't. These people will call you once a day, every day including weekends. Mandy is the one that calls me. She has a relationship with my voicemail or something. Leave me alone Empire hyundai i dont care about your car sales!!

JAMESTREX3 Mar 17, 2011

if you give your number to someone, especially when business is involved, of course they are going to call you! have you ever thought " hey im not interested but thanks for calling" thats all it takes, what ever happened to common courtsey, again the only reason you are getting phone calls is because YOU gave them your number DUH!!!

Empire Hyundai — Breaking every rule in the book!

Empire Hyundai www.empirehyundai.com 428 Pleasant St Fall River, MA 02721 [protected] Empire Hyundai in...