Menu

reviews & complaints

Chipotle Mexican Grill Complaints Summary

18 Resolved
628 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Chipotle Mexican Grill with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Chipotle Mexican Grill has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Chipotle Mexican Grill. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Chipotle Mexican Grill complaints 646

Sort by:

Newest Chipotle Mexican Grill reviews & complaints

2:53 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered on line on 1/27/24 I paid like $ 24.00 for a steak burrito bowl and quesadilla meal. I got there 3 mins after the time was to pick up and I walked in and was told that there was no order for me. I had to stand there and look up my order again on my phone and then wait for another employee to decide to help me. I live only about 7-8 mins away and...

G
11:52 am EST

Chipotle Mexican Grill Vinaigrette dressing

Always in the evening when it's time to order dinner, every 3rd or 4th time, after ordering a salad, then after the salad bowl is complete, I ask to include a container of the vignette dressing.. And the response is, we are "all out" of dressing... Chipotle dressing is what makes the salad, what gives it taste! Otherwise, it's just a bowl of lettuce, meat and add ons, a plain bowl - tasteless bowl. A billion dollar company, and you consistently run out of vignette dressing. It's happened so many times I lost count. C'mon chipotle, you're better than this, you can get this right...
Sincerely,
A loyal customer

Claimed loss: Many salad bowls without Vignette Dressing

Desired outcome: The Chipotle Corporate Board should answer this problems outcome ([protected]@yahoo.com)Name & Telephone # upon request

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Chipotle Mexican Grill representatives only. If you are affiliated with Chipotle Mexican Grill, please claim your business to access these details.

C
12:59 pm EST

Chipotle Mexican Grill App order missing products

Hello,

today 1/11 at 12:10 pm i made an order that was missing items;

Tortilla chips and the vajita veggies, i told the door dash but they were out delivering other foods so I told them id contact chipotle for a refund

I contacted pepper chat and they offered rewards, I dont want rewards as i dont go to chipotle often, i am requesting a refund

Coral Lopez

[protected]@gmail.com

[protected]

Desired outcome: A refund please

Hide full review

Is Chipotle Mexican Grill legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Chipotle Mexican Grill as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 2% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Chipotle Mexican Grill stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Chipotle Mexican Grill should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Chipotle Mexican Grill earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Chipotle Mexican Grill achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Chipotle Mexican Grill. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Chipotle.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Chipotle Mexican Grill website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Chipotle.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Chipotle Mexican Grill and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Chipotle.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Chipotle Mexican Grill has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 2% of 646 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • The website associated with Chipotle Mexican Grill sells gift cards, but it's important to be cautious when making a purchase. Verify the gift card's value and expiration date, check for customer service contact information, and use a trusted payment method.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Chipotle Mexican Grill. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
P
1:17 pm EST

Chipotle Mexican Grill Customer services

I asked to speak the store manager for a question, one of the employees said the manger was on the telephone line and she will be out. The manger did not come out until about 7 or 10 minutes later, due to her telephone call conversation. She was very rude, when speaking to her. Also, we ask her name, she stated that quote " I DO NOT HAVE A NAME" so then we ask the cashier her name she explain the same statement about SHE DOES NOT HAVE A NAME EITHER.

Desired outcome: We will like someone to contact us concerning this matter solve because this was a very embarrassing situation due to the fact that the customer services unpleasant. These two employees need some type of disciplinary action.

L
3:19 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to order me some food today around 1128am at the Chipotle on 212 Westlake Ave N Seattle, WA 98109, As soon as I walked it the young woman with long red hair says "We closed and there's a line" So I asked her which is it are you closed or their is a line? She says both remind you it says they opened at 1045am? So I was a little confused and stood on...

1:59 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The Manager and some of the Employees (Assistant Manager) at 2126 N. Eagle Rd Meridian Idaho 83646 location are very rude. I have stopped going to this location because of the Manager at this location, he is a complete jerk and should not be running any Chipotle location (Find a new Manager who is customer friendly) Every time I go into this location and...

K
2:35 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Could not find a working customer service number until a few days ago coming across this complaint board. The incident happened on Halloween around 3:00 pm. Chipotle was having a special on burrito bowls so I placed an online order with some other items. Went to checkout and it said having issue processing payment. Tried again, same message. Tried another...

C
5:46 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Today 11/28/23 around 2pm, I placed an order for a bowl and a burrito in the app. Order confirmation number ex6-va2 to be picked up at 2:40. I arrived to the chipotlelane at 3:00 pm. When I arrived, I showed the employee my confirmation via my phone, and she looked at the bags at the window and stated that my order was a door dash order, and it was being...

2:38 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Store - 6864 Johnson Dr., Mission, KS Ordered online for an 11;30 Pickup - I arrived at 11:30 to find about 6-7 people waiting for to go orders. No other customers in the store, and the front counter employees were just standing there looking at each other. NO to go orders were brought out from the back until 11:55. I asked to speak to the Manager, she wa...

V
2:52 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Went to Chipotle in Brentwood CA (11690 San Vicente Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90049) and ordered 2 Quesadilla and a burrito. She told us the Quesadilla comes with 3 free sides and we asked rice and beans and Guacamole and she never told us this is not a side and extra. We we paid I saw the total is to high for what we ordered. the receipt showed we got charged...

1:20 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Chipotle Customer Service, I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my disappointment and frustration with the poor service I received during my recent takeout order at your branch on 3rd Nov. I have been a loyal customer of Chipotle for a long time, and this experience has left me deeply dissatisfied. Firstly, I ordered a vegetarian...

K
4:46 pm EDT

Chipotle Mexican Grill Poor Service/ Late Mobile Order

This location consistently has Poor service and late orders (15-20) minutes. I asked whwere the vinaigrette was for my order, With lots of attitude, the person said, "We're out of it". I had to ask and nothing was provided in its place. The service and poor customer service at this location is horrible. Tried to give them a second chance but Will Not be returning. Thank you.

Claimed loss: Lost 20 Minutes of my lunch break just waiting. This is crucial during lunch time at work.

9:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Not sure what is going on with the location Chipotle UAB Birmingham But they are really combative. Like you are always ordering online, which I extremely dislike because its about the way the food is prepared when I am not watching. Anyway, ordered chicken bowl, when I got home, received very little chicken. May as well be a vegetarian bowl for the money...

S
11:53 am EDT

Chipotle Mexican Grill Store Set to close at 10 pm. But restaurant has no food to offer you at 9 pm.

I have visited several Chipotle around the Houston area. I live close to the Tomball (14067 FM 2920 RD Tomball Tx 77377) location a lot in the evenings. It displays this location close at 10pm at night, however several times I have arrived at 9:15 to only see there is limited to no food available. Team members are already closing the store down with an hour left to service the community. Which seems very odd. This is very inconvenient. I would like to have the owner of this franchise give me a call, being I have voiced my concerns to the manager, and she only shrug her shoulders.

Desired outcome: I would like a call back with an explanation on to why there is no food in store at9 pm when store closes at 10 pm.

M
8:24 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My son, daughter, and I went to the Chipotle Restaurant in Rialto at 186 E. Easton. My daughter, who is only 14 years old, stated that she needed to use the restroom. I told her ok as I was paying for the food. She stated that as she was sitting down to tinkle, she looked up at the vent in the ceiling and saw a flashing green light. So she took a video of...

6:59 pm EDT

Chipotle Mexican Grill Your carne asada

you talk about how your carne asada is the most tenderest there is I had fat and Grizzel in my burrito now what is wrong with this picture I took too bites and threw it in the trash now how are you going to comp me for the money I pai for this product I paid for I will not patronize your business again. your receipt does not provide the information that you are asking for

J
3:27 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to Chipotle for the first time on the 20th September in Denver and it was probably the last one. Overall the food was ok, but the service was extremely rude and unfriendly. Especially the cashier (young female cashier with dark skin tone and long hair). I'm from Germany and accidentally mispronounced guacamole (still had the German pronunciation in...

E
11:08 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I complained for months about a restaurant running out of items, and food. It just goes in circles. Chipotle now has it set up, where you can’t call the restaurant, or talk to a live person. Their Customer Service issues are all over seas. Everytime you call, they gave you a new case number. It’s one big joke. Outsourcing their Customer Service was a huge...

J
10:38 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My wife and I often get treated disrespectfully by these employees when we inform them of her chronic illness and her dairy allergy (we respectfully request that gloves be changed as a single shred of cheese will cause her anaphylaxis), but this time the server seemingly lost control of their actions as they filled the bowl with cheese before throwing at...

8:54 pm EDT

Chipotle Mexican Grill incorrect order or food fraud

About a month ago I order a burrito with double Carnita brown rice and everything, I get only a tortilla with Carnita... well today I order two burritos and a bowl of double carnitas with brown rice black beans cheese corn and guacamole and all I get was a bowl of soup with pinto beans carnitas cheese corn and a lot of juice (soup) this happen in the location on Hennepin avenue in Minneapolis sucks for chipotle that allows manager and employees give this kind of service it is a fraud not getting what you are paying for hopefully someone from chipotle headquarters do something about it to avoid this type of service to keep happening cuz when customers order online we are not only paying for the food but we also pay for delivery fees and tips it is not fair for US the customer to be dealing with some irresponsible employees and management that not only makes orders wrong but shows that they just dont really cares about the service.

Desired outcome: want a refund, an apology and to fired the manager of that store and please hired people who really cares about customers service

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Chipotle Mexican Grill contacts