Chase Bankrip me off of $750 application fee

I am also a victim of Chase Bank $750 Application fee. After telling me I am approved and after submitting all the papers and getting my money on my account, and after telling me too that I will sign all the papers on a specific date and get my cash out... Here is what they say:
I got decline by the underwriters why??? No specific answer as I been calling them and they do not tell me the real truth.

I just got an email from the:
FDIC and they told me this:
The FDIC insures the deposits of JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association. As a national bank, however, it is regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Since your complaint deals with the operation of the institution, rather than deposit insurance, you should contact that agency for assistance.
You can reach the OCC at the following address:
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Customer Assistance Unit
1301 McKinney, Suite 3450
Houston, Texas 77010
[protected]
Customer.[protected]@occ.treas.gov mailto:Customer.[protected]@occ.treas.gov
I hope this information is helpful.

COME ON EVERYONE WHO GOT RIP OFF BY JP MORGAN CHASE BANK, SEND ALL YOUR COMPLAINT AT OCC AND LET THEM HEAR US.

• Vl
    VL0 May 24, 2011

Be very careful with Chase, as they are still ripping people off. They have poor communication skills and their loan officers do not seem to have enough experience to hadle any loans. Just recently (2011) we were approved for a refinancing loan, just to be declined at the very last momment. The $395 that was said to pay for an appraisal, was later on to be for application fee? Ths loan officer never told us this application was going to have a fee, after the fact that we paid was it that they changed the reason for this "fee". how did it go from appraisal to application? then he tells us: "applications or appraisal its the same thing". No it is not because appraisal never showed up to one of the properties, therefore we should not have to pay for that. they took my money and ran. Changed the story over and over again and again. never did we get strainght answers.

• Lo
    lovesdaisies Aug 18, 2010

I, too, was taken for $395 by Chase. They told me it was a "lock-in" fee. No lose. If we didn't go with the loan, we would get our money back. If we DID go with the loan, the money would be rolled into our closing costs. Well, we didn't go with the loan and just this morning were told that our money would NOT be refunded because our "loan was in the system 10 full days before canceling." We were never told that there was a deadline for cancellation. I paid the $395 with a credit card through Wells Fargo. I now have it in dispute with Wells Fargo hoping that I'll get my $395 back. Absolutely they are crooks! ALL of our personal accounts are with Chase (formerly Washington Mutual). Including mortgage, savings, retirement and checking. I'm pulling everything out. I don't want to give these people another PENNY of my money. Crooks! Crooks! Crooks!

• Ac
    acool6401 Jan 12, 2010

I am in the midst of being ripped off right now. Similar story as the ones above.
    I paid a $395 application fee. Locked a 4.87 30 year fix with 2 points . Turned in and signed all the paper work in a timley and responsible manner. About 30 days into the process, I was approved and was told we should be done in a few more weeks. 60 days went by and still no closing date. Then they gave me a free 30 day extension (probably out of guilt and shame that they were dragging their feet) however my rate was bumped up to 5.125 and an extra .125 of a point added on. An old bait and switch but I sam still willing to do the deal. Rate will expire in 4 days now and my mortgage officer tried to insuate that I did not want to do the deal and therefore am not entitled to a refund. Now that I made it clear that I do in emails... there is silence and no phone calls are being returned. They are waiting for the rate to expire because rates are even higher now than before. What a bunch of crooks!

• Mi
    MissLine Dec 17, 2009

My Mom experienced a denial of her loan application from JPMC even after a great credit report, a very nice appraisal, 10 years of early payments made to, new windows, put in new hot water heater, new hard wood floors, new stone wall decor framing yard, well kept yard, and a payment of $750 Application fee- non refundable. Very disappointing.

• Jb
    JB81 Aug 08, 2009

We know where you are coming from as we have been waiting forever for Chase to say yay or nay on our mortgage loan. They took their good old time in underwriting then come back saying they needed a 2nd appraisal. Even though Chase was negligent with the 1st appraisal they said we had to pay for the 2nd one, which cost more than the first appraisal did.
    We just found out today that the 2nd appraisal came back exactly the same as the 1st and wasn't even carried out in a full appraisal manner. Man, what a rip-off and a way for this bank to take more money from us for no good reason. We now have close to $1000.00 in appraisal fees to one bank and not a damn thing so far to show for it. I’m starting to believe this whole damn world has gone mad or something!