Canadian Tire / complaint about service given by store employee and manager

1 Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Canada Review updated:

Good afternoon,

I purchased a wireless cell phone charger for my automobile. 1X399-3579-8 SPP FIL FOR/TB MK on special for $19.99 ( regular price $29.99) the item was in a closed box that had transparent round tape on each extremity of the box. As I get into my vehicle in the Canadian Tire parking lot I open the box to prepare the installation of the unit. Once I open the box I verify if all the components that are mentioned on the box are in the box. The usb cable was missing. I proceed back into the store to the customer service desk and mention that the cable is missing. I explained to the young lady that the product is fine but I would just like the missing cable. At this point she calls her manger to see if they could provide a cable. The manger refuses without explanation. I ask the customer service agent to speak with the manger. He came within a few minutes. I proceed to explain that the box was missing the cable and I did not wish to return the product but I would just like the missing cable. He once again denies my request. He said it was on special most likely because of the missing cable. It was not written on the box that it was an open box product nor did it mention there was an item missing in the box. The lady that handed the product to me (the product was behind the counter near the key machine) never mentioned that it was an open box product nor that it was missing a piece. I examined this to the manger. His response was that all he can do for me is refund my product and then mentioned to the customer service clerk to throw it out. I then mention that it would be ashamed to just throw out a product that I was half to purchase but I would just like the missing cable. The manger then takes the product and tosses it in back. At this point I have no choice to get a refund she he did not even give me the option to keep my product that was not yet refunded. The manger was arrogant but did remain polite. I normally never make a fuss about these kind of things but I felt that this was a very bad experience. I will return to a Canadian Tire but not in my home town. Very disappointing service that I received.

Ju
Mar 15, 2019

Comments

• Ra
      15th of Mar, 2019

It seems like you are implying that you should be able to keep the item even if you got the refund. Not how it works.