Menu
Canadian Tire
reviews & complaints

Canadian Tire
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1011 complaints
95 resolved 916 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Canadian Tire. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
C
4:52 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Application 04-03-2022 10 Gore street, Forest, Ontario N0N 1J0 Dear Sir / Madam: My name is Constantin Crintea and I am the owner of the Hyundai Elantra Gt vehicle with registration number CEWC-569 and chassis series KMHD25LHOFU250944: I hereby inform you that since 2019 I have been maintaining the vehicle mentioned above at one of your service...

R
4:13 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I brought my suv in to get the rear breaks replaced and an oil change. Wahem at the country hills blvd location assisted me. When I reviewed the agreement and fees, one part I was asked to initial stated that canadia tire was not responsible for any damage they cause while removing and replacing the tires. I asked about it but wahem wouldnt help, stating...

B
11:40 am EST

Canadian Tire - Auto center london on horton - service & battery sold

From misdiagnosing a major safety issue and sending us driving on the highway with a tire that was about to fall off, endangering our lives & the lives of others, to selling product with warranty that they do not honor, to straight up being lied to even with corporate on the line the London Auto Center on Horton is a nightmare to deal with.

These issues began in June 2021 and are ongoing today, Feb 15 2022.

A complaint was filed by phone to corporate & by email to corporate and a complaint to the Better Business Bureau has been submitted.

Desired outcome: You need to honor the warranty on the battery that we purchased and replace it with a new one that works and holds power OR refund my $$ so I can purchase one elsewhere.

K
2:17 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Bought this chair on 13th October 2020 and its broken in half. Tried reaching customer services at the store but they would intentionally hang up the phone and are not helping. Not sure where to take it from here. I have attached the picture of the chair. I paid the total of $146.89 for the chair. Never used roughly as you can see the pictures.

D
12:39 am EST

Canadian Tire - Power tools tools anything about Canadian tires [censored]ing sales

It don't matter whether you bring in power tools tools anything the [censored]ing store is useless management is useless and every time you try and talk to somebody don't mind what the [censored] it's about they always tell you no no no and it don't [censored]ing matter power tools as long as this says Mastercraft you [censored]ing idiot should be returning OK your company you're business no come up with every excuse and then rip you off when a [censored]ing return because you lost your receipt or something went happened don't give a [censored] useless [censored]ing company

Desired outcome: As usual [censored] all done leaving the store waste the gas waste of time but they get your money [censored]ing useless store Easy it says United States what's the [censored]ing store called Canadian tire you [censored]ing idiot

4:26 pm EST

Canadian Tire - bag check

I have severe rheumatoid arthritis and brought an empty bag to carry the one item I was there for - a new humidifier. I was made to check the bag at customer service and after purchasing my humidifier...was made to stand in line to collect my empty bag. Do you not think that's taking the thing too far? Jiminy Cricket! This was the Cdn Tire in Oshaws on Gibb St.

B
3:01 pm EST

Canadian Tire - Refused service

The canadian tire store in Glace Bay Cape Breton, nova scotia treated me with disrespect and illegally refused to serve me.

I refused to wear a mask as is my right under the charter of rights and freedomsof Canada. I was asked to leave even though I had products ready to purchase.

I believe the manager or assistant manager confronted me.

I left without incident but find the service discriminatory and illegal.

Desired outcome: I want an apology and compensation.

1 comment
R
Mar 21, 2022 7:05 pm EDT

same happened to me in Port Hawkesbury

1:03 pm EST

Canadian Tire - Automotive Service

A few weeks ago my daughter had my car towed to Canadian Tire because it would not start. Canadian Tire contacted me directly and advised that it needed a new starter. I advised to go ahead and proceed with the work. Once they had completed the installation of the starter they advised me that during the work the FRM needed to be replaced. This is a module that controls the lights and windows in the car and it was something that they could not fix. The car was not drive able because it had no signal lights and other lights were not working. I then had to have the car towed from Kingston to Oshawa to my local mechanic who was able to fix the FMR module and have it reprogrammed. The total cost $1379.73 to have this fixed on top of the $800 I paid CT for the new starter. My mechanic indicated to me that installing a starter should not affect the FMR module. I am looking to be reimbursed for the cost in the amount of $1379.73. In no way should a car leave a garage worse off then when it was brought in to be fixed.

Desired outcome: I am looking for reimbursement of $1379.73 for the cost to fix the car once it left the CT garage. I look forward to a response.

3:48 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello. Today I went to shop at your Canadian tire store in Yarmouth Nova Scotia. I have spent 10's of thousands of dollars at your stores in my lifetime. I was told at the door I had to have a mask on. Since you know that his is not a law and will not hold up in court I refused. They refused me service. The young man guarding the door was in my personal...

C
5:08 pm EST

Canadian Tire - Schlage entry door set

I purchased a home November 1, 2021, purchased Schlage front door lock set November 2, 2021 and had installed by locksmith. Latch did not work in January 2022... I stuffed opening for latch so it would not catch. I am not living here we are renovating before moving in.

When returning home Feb. 3, 2022, the paper must have dislodged I was locked out of house.. there is not backyard or other entry as I was not given keys for entry door through garage.

I had to smash lock off in the garage entry door to get access to the house.

I am asking to return this Lock set to Canadian Tire for a refund, I have no desire to continue to use this item and the internet lists several stories of people having latch problems from this company. I have the bill, from Canadian Tire in Elliot Lake... but I reside in Wasaga Beach Ontario. until mid May.

Desired outcome: I want to return item to the store for a full refund..I can send photos by text [protected] [protected]@yahoo.ca I have receipt

G
4:28 pm EST

Canadian Tire - Maximum cordless drill

Purchased the Maximum drill / impact drill set 3 years ago at Canadian Tire. I have limited use of the cordless drill (serial number 054 1349 8) for light duty home projects. Suddenly from what I can tell the chuck is not working. When under just light pressure the chuck can't take it. I can easily turn the chuck by hand. Was very pleased with the drill until now. Is there anything I can do about it?

Desired outcome: A replacement would be good

E
8:12 pm EST

Canadian Tire - Customer service

I went to my local Canadian Tire to buy a coupling for my dishwasher. I approached the service desk in the appropriate area of the store where a lady was working. She looked up at me and without a word of greeting or anything at all she turned and walked away. This is an example of exactly how not to treat a customer. After that I spent 15 minutes searching for the part I wanted and she came and went from the zone several times without acknowledging my presence, even when I made it clear I needed help. Thanks for 40 plus years of service, but when I experience this level of service, I am done with that store. Thanks for helping all of us to stop buying local and do it online due to the lousy customer service provided these days.

Canadian Tire - Propane griddle 24x24

HIwe bought in september 2021 a griddle 399-5938 and serial 0002669 problem it is all rusted we clean and oil it but it don t fix the problemso we like to have a credit on my visa card and it is dangerous for health price paid 286.00 so wait for your reply to fix my problem

1:21 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I needed a winter tire/summer tire swap. They said I needed a wheel alignment, without presenting any evidence of tire wear or measurements. This is on a car with 10, 000 km. This is a well known attempt to take advantage of consumers who know little about tires or cars. The approach is well documented on YouTube etc. I expect better from a nation-wide company. Caveat emptor.

12:36 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Sun jan 16 was at your store on chain lake dr halifax ns went in to use wash room and to look for a snow blower well when I came out of the wash room a guy asked me do I need a mask I said no im medically exempt he asked if I have a letter I said yes and kept walking I got a bout 2 steps and a girl behind the counter said out loud and not very nicely that...

J
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We bought a wireless back up camera as a Christmas present for my husband from Canadian Tire in Simcoe on Dec 9. We were quoted $60.00 for them to install it at the time of purchase. We made an appointment for today (Jan 10) to complete the installation at the Canadian Tire store in Simcoe. Again, they quoted a charge of $60.00 to install the back up camera...

Q
2:26 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Canadian Tire Ombudsman, On Saturday, January 8th at approximately 7pm I went to the Canadian Tire Store located at 7878 120st, Surrey BC. I had purchased the Type A Freestanding Closet [36"x20"x68" barcode [protected]] in August 2020. I realize that was a few months ago but we had just completed the renos in our spare bedroom, so I did not have a...

S
3:03 am EST

Canadian Tire - Outbound Luggage

I purchased a set of three Outbound luggage about a month ago. The suitcase broke within one use. I traveled with the luggage to India from Canada and am having to purchase a new set since my flight departs in a few days. I would like to be refunded for the luggage that I purchased.
Looking forward to a response as soon as possible.

Sanjana Sharma

K
2:44 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a Amazon tablet for my son for Christmas, I didn't realize you couldn't download stuff from Google Play. So I took it back not having my receipt. I had said that I didn't want the return to run out and asked if I can return it. So they said that they couldn't give me cash back and all they could do is give me a gift card. I hummed and hawed. Then...

10:54 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello complaints department, My name is M. and I showed up at the Heron location in Ottawa on January 5th at around 6:20 pm and I told the clerk I have a GPS mount that's stuck and I need it to be taken out with their help. The clerk said to pull up next to the front of the store and he will send me a mechanic to take a look and remove it for me without...

Canadian Tire contacts