Budget Rent A Car Logo

Budget Rent A Car

Having problems with Budget Rent A Car?

Budget Rent A Car reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 18, 2006. The latest review dirty car rentals when picking up a car was posted on Sep 8, 2021. The latest complaint car rental was resolved on Nov 26, 2019. Budget Rent A Car has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 224 reviews. Budget Rent A Car has resolved 62 complaints.

Budget Rent A Car Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 331 1212 (United States)
+44 844 444 0002 (United Kingdom)
+43 160 1870 (Austria)
+32 27 120 840 (Belgium)
+420 235 325 713 (Czech Republic)
+45 33 913 900 (Denmark)
+358 96 866 500 (Finland)
+361 214 0420 (Hungary)
+354 562 6060 (Iceland)
+31 736 242 640 (Netherlands)
+351 219 940 443 (Portugal)
+41 448 091 818 (Switzerland)
+966 26 927 070 (Saudi Arabia)
+27 113 980 000 (South Africa)
6 Sylvan Way
Parsippany, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Budget Rent A Car Customer Service. Initial Budget Rent A Car complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Budget Rent A Car above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Budget Rent A Car. Discuss the issues you have had with Budget Rent A Car and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Budget Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Nov 16, 2019

Budget Rent A Car — voucher not accepted by budget attendant

Having sent a reimbursement request through the online customers service link below and not receiving any...

Oct 25, 2019

Budget Car Rental — car rental

Priceline Trip # [protected]. The above Budget Car rental for October 16-22, 2019 was cancelled on August...

Oct 12, 2019

Budget Rent A Car — fraudulent transaction

Budget, On October 11, 2019, I learned that my Master Card was fraudulently used by your company in the...

Budget Rent A Carfraud, deceptive practices and unethical behaviour

September 6, 2019
Rental # [protected]

after contacting Budget three (3) times prior to paying for the rental, we were told my son - who is Active Duty Military - would not have to pay the Under-Age Drive Fee. Once he turned in the car, he was charged the fee anyway. My son and I called, spoke to a manager, who told my son to take a picture of his Military ID, send it to the email address the manager provided and that it would be resolved.

It never got credited and now they claim they aren't going to credit it and that we were never told it would be credited. Budget customer service agents are lying to customers which seems customary with Budget. Deceptive practices and unethical behavior are definitely part of their daily program. I just want my $174.00 back. I'm reporting them to the BBB, sending a copy to my Lawyer and reporting them to whatever government agency oversees rental car companies. They are deceitful liars and they seem to be pretty proud of it when you talk to them on the phone.

Budget Rent A Carovercharging of budget rental

Horrible experience with Budget Rent a car! We booked and prepaid the 7-day rental amounting to $253 after tax. Upon arrival at Budget's office at John Wayne airprort, they asked us to give two credit cards and my return ticket since i am a tourist just for identity validation. I clearly asked their staff if the cards will not be charged and he said YES. We declined all insurance or extras but 2 weeks after i saw my credit card statement and it reflected a $338.25 worth of insurance!!! We called customer service and even went back to the airport and they all said the same thing, that they can refund/cant do anything about it. I just find it unfair since the guy didnt even take the time to review or explain the whole agreement to us and just made us sign. We specifically asked them not to add any insurance and made sure they wont charge my credit card!!! Also, their customer service agent hung up on me while we were on the phone!!! How do we resolve this. I cant pay this $338.25 since i didnt even ask for it, wasnt even made aware of it. BUDGET RENT A CAR!!!

Sep 10, 2019

Budget Rent A Car — lack of vehicles, too many issues to name

I have rented from this location (WB2) many times, for some reason. I guess I like the abuse. Typically, they...

Aug 19, 2019

Budget Rent A Car — roadside assistance

To Nora Henry and all, [protected] [protected]@avisbudget.com Rental date: 07/25/2019 Rental#...

Aug 03, 2019

Budget Rent A Car — additional driver

I recently traveled to the Outerbanks for a family vacation, I rented a car with Budget through AARP with the...

Jul 20, 2019

Budget Rent A Car — cleaning fee

I rented a car at the Knoxville airport 7/8/19 -7/11/19. I informed them in advance that I would have a...

Budget Rent A Caremployee named antonio at the agency

I want to complain about your employee Antonio. He is rude, irresponsible and totally unprofessional. I had booked a compact car. The rental location did not have compact cars. So he said they only can give me pick up truck which I said I am not comfortable driving it because I had never driven a truck. I told him I don't mind if they give me a nano car, a sedan or a compact sized SUV. I don't need an upgrade necessarily i am fine with downgrade too. Just that I am not comfortable driving the truck. Then that guy's attitude was "what can i do? I have the truck if you want. Nothing else. If you want an SUV you need to pay more". No apologies that the cars are not available and no professionalism when I said I cannot drive a truck. After that he started asking us personal questions like where are we driving and when I told him I have an important appointment and I need the car that I can drive he asked me what appointment I have? Does your employees ask their customers personal questions? Are they always so rude ? And then when I was angry on him for asking personal questions he started talking to us and said if I want a car I need to be very calm because I am the customer otherwise he will simply cancel the reservation and its a warning. The problem does not end here. He finally gave us an 8 seater SUV which I accepted but was not very comfortable yet. I called the person who checks the condition of the car to help me with the big SUV and that's when I informed him that's the reason I am asking for a small car. He said "THEY DO HAVE SMALL CAR". So from what I infer is that guy -Antonio deliberately abused us and harassed us although he had small cars available. Is this how this company values their customers?

Jun 28, 2019

Budget Rent A Car — did nor receive my aarp discount, did nor have car I requested. never received any help with my luggage getting in shuttle bus.

I requested a Ford Fusion or similar. I was given a KIA suv which was a free upgrade. But the took my ARRP...

Budget Rent A Carfast break counter processing-reservation number: [protected]-us-0

• June 6, 2019 @ DTW Budget Counter

Let me start by saying all the Budget personal were very friendly!
        • However it took 20 minutes for the Budget shuttle to arrive at the terminal.
        During the time I along with 6 other Budget customers waited; Avis had 3 shuttles and National had 2 shuttles which come through.
        • I arrived at the Budget Rental office at approximately midnight. Once at the Budget counter, unfortunately there was a long line of customers waiting for service. I was the eighth customer.
        • I inquired as to where Fast Break was, the representative stated "it closed at 11:00 PM".
        • The representative was the only one taking care of customers. She was working at the end station and had to constantly run back to the center station where the intercom was to get the number for the next customer's car then run back to her station.
        • Each customer took 10 to 15 minutes to process.
        • At 1:17 AM I was finally seen. (Totally unacceptable)
        • During the time I and the others waited, 8 potential customers came and left. I presume going to another rental car provider.
        • When I went out to my car, I was surprised that the ‘Full Tank' of gas was only at a ‘Quarter'.
        I walked back to the office and the representative apologized, and directed me to drive over to the pumps to top off.
        After driving over, waiting for the ground support staff to top off my gas tank I was finally on the road.
        In all my years with Budget Rental car this was the worst service (time wise) I have ever encountered. I can't understand while Budget's Fast Break service was not available after 11 PM or why it could not be extended as other rental car agencies, allowing you to simply pick your envelope, identify your car and be off.
        All total there were probably 20 plus customers serviced during the time I was there or still in line after I left. Surly there was enough revenue generated or could have been generated by the potential customers that left that could have paid for another counter service agent?
        Bad Scheduling??
        Bad Management?
        Also from the customer side of the counter the counter is both dirty with old hanging clips etc. attached.

Requesting some Client future car rental credit
        Fast break #RL740P also Business account member

Budget Rent A Carcar rental

Budget overcharged me $830.85 for a one day rental. This was a complete error on their part and I filed a claim #[protected].

I prepaid $67.88 for the rental of a Toyota pickup truck at the Budget agency at the Oakland International Airport for June 7th 2019 and return on June 8th, 2019.

This rental was done online via the Fastbreak system. When I arrived the clerk had knowledge of this rental and asked for my Fastbreak number. She then spent several minutes on the computer and located the transaction. Finally she handed me the contract in an envelope marked for space #M11. When I went out to M11 the was a Toyota Prius in that slot. I thought they had just switched vehicles due to a shortage because I originally asked for a full size car and they told me that only a pickup was available.

I proceeded to the exit gate with the Prius but when they saw my contract they said I had the wrong vehicle and that they would try to located the pickup truck. I was directed to return the Prius to M11 and I did. Short after they directed me to the pickup truck in another slot. I then went to the gate and checked out.

Then next morning when I returned the vehicle they said they couldn't process the return and sent me to the Fastbreak office. The clerk took my contract and spent several minutes on the computer trying to figure out the problem. Later she said she found out what happened and printed out a new contract and handed it to me. I stuck it in my pocket and headed for the airport bus to the terminal.

Afterward I realized I the overcharge and attempted to contact Budget Customer Service. They were closed for the day so I called again on June 9th and filed a claim for the overcharged. Apparently they assigned the mileage from the Prius to my contract and didn't correct it when they gave me the pickup truck.

This resulted in an additional mileage charge for 1382 miles. This was a complete mess by by Budget. The Customer Service Representative took my complaint on the 9th and the $830.88 debit was still pending on my account. Yet on the 10th my account was debited anyway.

So I called again today and wanted to know why you have no problem wrongly taking the money in a day or two but you can't seem to be able to put it back in without a lengthly bureaucratic process. Please return the money now!

John Stiglich
          rental #[protected]

Budget Rent A Carrenting a car from budget

We rented a car a mini van from Budget on 05/30/19 to 06/05/19. Reservation # 09029922u56. The office is located in Convington GA . I was charged extra fees that was not authorized nor would they explain to me what the charges were for. When I ask for further assistance. They gave me a guy Name Ricky Lindsey he was extremely rude to me and hang up on me this place has the worst customer service and are very dishonest people. Please dont rent from these people.

Budget Rent A Carcar rental pick up

I am registering my complaint over my car rental pick up disaster. I made a booking for a 12 Passenger Van on May 7, 2019 and prepaid same IN FULL. The reservation number is 07573381US4, under the name of Chido Kwande. The pick up location was Budget Sears Town East Mall Mesquite on June 4th 2019 at 7 AM in the morning, this is almost a FULL MONTH after my reservation was confirmed and paid for. I get to the location and they do not have the car ready for pick-up, In fact the Lady who attended to me then proceeds to call Distribution and she informs me that the van will only reach their offices around 9 in the morning and she is not sure in which condition it will be in such that she might have to clean it and ensure it is ready for us and that is more time and further inconvenience to me. The van, she advised, was coming from DFW!!!

To say I was livid is an understatement. There is a reason why I specifically chose to pick up that car at 7 AM because I HAD PLANS, which were then ruined by your poor planning and distribution. This is unacceptable and I need some recourse for such a huge inconvenience to me and my family. I am appalled by such very poor customer service which left a bad taste in my mouth. For such a company of great repute you have disappointed me immensely. I shall be taking any of my future business elsewhere. When I received a text message on June 3, 2019 at 8:37 am reminding me of my reservation I thought all was in order, only to be met with a great disaster on the day of pick up.

Very disappointed Customer

Chido Kwande

May 23, 2019

Budget Rent A Car — rental car

To Budget Customer Service Department: On 5/15/19 at 2:09:43 AM EDT, I received my confirmation email from...

Budget Rent A Carrental bensalem

1 day rental money was taken from my bank account for the car rental then when we went to pick up the card they said our CREDIT RATING WAS BAD!!! you make people feel like we are creeps and thieves who will steal from you yet YOU TOOK THE MONEY 24 HOURS BEFORE THE CAR WAS PICKED UP well you know never again from you never and if i can tell anyone about your company i will. this is a disgrace. your company must be foreign your cars are dirty and smell. it looks like you hire criminals who shake down the customer.

Budget Rent A Carexorbitant over charge for returning car to another location

Re: Reservation #42783156US3

We rented a Ford Explorer from Atlanta Hartsfield airport on April 9, 2019. We intended to return it to original destination on April 13th.

I never received a contract upon leaving the airport on April 9th. The agent in the booth handed me a card with basic information of the car and told me since I was a fast break customer, BCD X773400, BCN# CH799M, and told me this is all I required.

My wife had extreme ear pain upon landing in Atlanta on April 9th. After consulting with her physician, it was recommended that we should cancel the return flight and drive back to CT. as she had an ear and sinus infection.

I contacted Heather on April 12th at [protected] and advised her we have a medical emergency preventing us from flying and that we would return the car to CT.
                  She advised me of the drop off location and told us to have the agent contact the emergency contact phone number on the car fob.

Upon returning the car to CT, the agent could not locate my contract or information.
                  I had to request the final bill and contract from the airport desk, [protected].
                  Upon receipt and checking my credit card account I realized there was a drop off charge of $924.75 in addtion to my time and miles charge and my total bill for a 5 day rental was $1, 990.54.

I also notified them that there will be toll charges.
                  I contacted Customer Care and sent a letter to Mr. Larry D. DeShon, CEO of Budget.

I have been a customer and Fast Break member for over 30 years and never esxperienced anything like this.

To date I have not had any communication from Budget.
                  I no longer want to rent from Budget in spite of my many years of loyalty.

Attached is my final rental agreement.

Larry Roberts
                  Email: [protected]@gmail.com
                  [protected]

exorbitant over charge for returning car to another location

Budget Rent A Cardeceptive agent in albuquerque.

On May 1 I picked up a car rented thru Costco for a total of $279.43 Costco Confirmation # C358625617 Budget confirmation # 04985406US6. On arrival some 5 hours late due to flight delays, I made the mistake of telling your agent Gilbert that I was tired and in a hurry to drive to Las Cruces . Gilbert tried to upgrade me to an SUV for $20 a day which I declined. He did not advise me of your free upgrade offer in effect. Gilbert offered and I accepted the prepaid tank of gas and he then asked about insurance. I told Gilbert I have plenty of personal insurance and have never purchased rental insurance. Well I guess he decided to take advantage of the situation and marked accepted by LDW rather than declined as the other insurances read. I did not notice this when he asked me to initial the block. Not did I notice the statement at the end of the contract. Gilbert folded the contract and placed it into the Budget folder where it remained until I returned. Only upon seeing the printed receipt handed to me at turn in did I notice the excessive charge.

I went inside to the counter and confronted Gilbert. He said you initialed the insurance block and it has been a week since your rental began. I continued to press him and he offered to have his manager call me when he got out of a meeting two hours later. I have yet to receive that call.

I am 77 years old and have been renting cars for business and pleasure for over 55 years. On all of those rentals I never took LDW nor was there any attempt to entrap me as Gilbert did. My final bill was $593.25 over twice my original contract of $279.43.

I have declined this charge on my credit card, intend to report it to the local BBB, notify television stations of his fraudulent action and will never again rent from Budget or Avis. Your competitors have always been reputable in all my transactions across the years.

I would appreciate your taking the high road and refunding me the LDW and attendant fees and taxes. If this is satisfactorily resolved I will not pursue the above actions

Donald B Olson
                    [protected]

Budget Rent A Carcharged for smoking in a rental car. I don't smoke.

I rented a car from Budget in Chico, CA for a one way rental to the Oakland Airport. I had the car overnight only and drove it only to the airport. I was charged a $275 fee for smoking in the car and leaving the car dirty. I am 69 years old and have not smoked in over 50 years and I returned the car in the same condition I rented it in. The Budget manager who I rented the car from, and we inspected the car together, agrees with me and has written Budget and myself a letter stating that there was no smell of smoke at the time of rental. Budget will not reimburse me the $275 saying I left the car dirty and smelling of smoke.
                      Not Satisfied