Budget Rent A Car Logo

Budget Rent A Car

Having problems with Budget Rent A Car?

Budget Rent A Car reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 18, 2006. The latest review Reservation was posted on Jul 26, 2021. The latest complaint car rental was resolved on Nov 26, 2019. Budget Rent A Car has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 219 reviews. Budget Rent A Car has resolved 62 complaints.

Budget Rent A Car Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 331 1212 (United States)
+44 844 444 0002 (United Kingdom)
+43 160 1870 (Austria)
+32 27 120 840 (Belgium)
+420 235 325 713 (Czech Republic)
+45 33 913 900 (Denmark)
+358 96 866 500 (Finland)
+361 214 0420 (Hungary)
+354 562 6060 (Iceland)
+31 736 242 640 (Netherlands)
+351 219 940 443 (Portugal)
+41 448 091 818 (Switzerland)
+966 26 927 070 (Saudi Arabia)
+27 113 980 000 (South Africa)
6 Sylvan Way
Parsippany, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Budget Rent A Car Customer Service. Initial Budget Rent A Car complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Budget Rent A Car above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Budget Rent A Car. Discuss the issues you have had with Budget Rent A Car and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Budget Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews, Page 9

Budget Truck Rental — $150 deposit hold

Renter beware, if you're on a budget then don't rent a truck from "Budget", because you'll be...

Budget Truck Rentallast minute cancellation

Reserved a 10ft truck two weeks in advance of moving day. We called to confirm the reservation 3 days before moving day. 12 hours before the reservation they call to "let us know" that they don't have a truck ready and won't be able to provide one at that location. We called customer service to find an alternative location, but evidently there were "no trucks available at all for the day." Thank god U-Haul was able to bail us out. We are still waiting to see if the charges from Budget are correctly reversed.

• Ca
      cashout 2 Jun 30, 2014

Booked 16 ft. Truck one week in advance. After driving 350 miles to get the truck in Houston, TX, we were told there were no trucks available. I asked why no one called to advise us of the situation and was told they had no idea how many reservations they had for the day. Completely unbelievable that this location had no idea how many reservations they had for the day. I told them just to get us a truck as this move had been planned for weeks and we were completely dependant on them for the truck. We were told all locations were sold out but after 6 hours on the road we could not accept there was no truck available in the city of Houston. After searching all locations in Houston they did find a truck for us but all locations in Houston close at 2pm on Sunday. Now we were in a panic because even though we had originally been scheduled for pick up at 1:30 pm we were early but now because the new location with the truck would not wait for us if we were later than 2pm to get to their location to get a substitute truck and we were not sure we could get across town before they closed. I spoke with customer service - NO HELP- I spoke with the original reservation location - Trident Rentals- NO HELP. Completely incompetent and unprofessional group of people that had no compassion or regard for customer! I will never use Budget again and would advise all others to beware of the company for the lack of professionalism before they consider using Budget Truck Rental.

They should have at the very least offered a discount for the extra 2 hour round trip and extra mileage that we had to drive just to pick up a truck! I am sure they would have immediately charged my credit card if I had been the no show! Instead Budget was the NO SHOW and they sure didn't even apologize for the inconvenience!

Budget Truck Rentaldon't risk your life

Budget rents out un-maintained, un-checked vehicles, and doesn't care about the fact that their vehicles are risking lives.

I rented a 24-foot truck and car-trailer to move from Vallejo, CA to Tucson, AZ.

I flew out my brother to help me drive back. The first thing he did was to check the brake fluid on the trailer (in case the trailer comes loose, it has its own automatic brakes), and OF COURSE it was empty. LIVES RISKED NUMBER ONE. If the trailer had come loose, it would not have stopped and would have seriously injured or killed other people on the freeway.

U-Haul advertises that they have the lowest decks. I thought that it wouldn't be that much of a difference - but it sure was. U-Haul's decks are lower than waist level. The Budget back deck was almost neck high. The ramp they provide has very little traction. We almost couldn't get the washer & dryer up the ramp. MASSIVE INCONVENIENCE NUMBER ONE.

After the truck was loaded, it had a HORRIBLE shudder between 45 and 65mph. My brother said that there was clearly something very wrong with the front end. Given that the max speed when towing a trailer is supposed to be 55mph, and there's no way I could go under 45 on the freeway...we shuddered along. By the time we got to Tucson (20 hours later), we were beyond sore. MASSIVE INCONVENIENCE NUMBER TWO.

The AC vents had broken flaps. You couldn't turn them off of one person and on the other. MASSIVE INCONVENIENCE NUMBER THREE.

Now the good part. It got dark, we turned on the lights, and were shuddering merrily along. Suddenly my brother says, "What happened to the running lights?" We were completely dark on the sides & back of the truck & trailer. We checked the fuses (I happened to know exactly where they were, because the cover kept falling off onto my knees). It was clear which fuse was bad, because it was burning hot. Literally burned my fingers. Of course, there was no fuse diagram, so we couldn't just pull one of the "extra" fuses and plug it in - even if we had, it probably would have burned out in a second, because there was obviously a short. Driving down the freeway in an invisible-dark truck? LIVES RISKED NUMBER TWO.

My brother asked me to be sure to find the fire extinguisher. I looked around the whole cab, and couldn't find it. The next day, in the bright sunlight, I found it, completely inaccessible, WAY behind and under the driver's seat. It's a law that there has to be a fire extinguisher in a truck like that, but, of course, it doesn't have to be ACCESSIBLE! What if the short had caused a fire in the dashboard? LIVES RISKED NUMBER THREE.

I tried to call Budget's Roadside Assist, but I was on hold for about 25 minutes. Finally, my cell phone ran out, and we couldn't risk using up my brother's cell, because there might be (and WAS) a real emergency. So, we went the rest of the way with the hazards on. Have you ever driven with hazards on? TICK. TICK. TICK. TICK. For hours. And hours. And hours. MASSIVE INCONVENIENCE NUMBER FOUR.

Still, we continued. We had been averaging about 100 miles per quarter tank. We were approaching Phoenix, and I asked my brother (he was driving, thank goodness!) how much gas we had. Just over a quarter tank. We decided that we'd play it safe and get gas at some truck stops just the other side of Phoenix. About 10 miles later, we were just the teeniest amount under 1/4 tank. That should be enough to go another 12 to the truck stop, right?

WRONG. As we're driving along, my brother WATCHED the needle drop from 1/4 to zero. Then below zero. Then it ran out of gas. 1/4 tank in 10 miles. When a truck like this runs out of gas, it loses power steering & brakes. My brother is a big, strong, strapping guy, yet he was fighting with all his strength to stop this beast. I was TERRIFIED! We literally almost ran off the road. We would have flipped over, and been seriously injured or died. If I'd been driving, I wouldn't have been able to safely stop the truck. LIVES RISKED NUMBER FOUR.

There's more of a long story about how we unstrapped my car, got gas, but the truck wouldn't start due to a lack of a priming button, and then my brother sent me to Tucson while he waited for roadside assist. They did show up (after 90 minutes) and get him on the road again - that guy was great. Meanwhile, another semi almost ran him down (LIVES RISKED NUMBER FIVE) so he had to go sit outside of the truck, at 4:30am, in southern Arizona, in the dark desert, by himself. (Animals, illegals, and drug-runners...) LIVES RISKED NUMBER SIX.

The next day, when we called customer service, we were proudly told that they always do a 10-point inspection before renting the trucks. (Whee... so, the brake lights and blinkers work. What about the ALIGNMENT, the FUSES, and the GAS GAUGE???)

Do you think Budget is offering me any sort of fair compensation for RISKING MY LIFE? Not a chance.

Bottom line? RENT A U-HAUL, AND BOYCOTT BUDGET!

• Ke
        Kellyvir Apr 05, 2011

I too was scammed by Budget truck rental. I filled the gas tank ccompletely and left truck overnight, firt mistake, and they conveniently carged me for 8 galloons of gas, a 30 refueling fee, and a 10 drop box fee which was never disclosed. I called and spoke with the rudest, nastiest girl, Sea, who said she was the manager and was not going to refund my money and for me to call customer service which was also a joke. This makes me so furious, And your right about the terrible shuddering in the front end, not safe at all. I will never rent anything again from them. They are very dishonest

Budget Rent A Carovercharges

June 06, 2010, I returned a car to Budgets garage at Orlando airport full of gas. The check-in person checked the car inside (to see that the tank was full) and outside (to see that there was no damage to the car). She gave me my bill for $313.89. Subsequently, June 07, my credit card was charged additionally $106.82 for gas.

If the customer is present and the car is checked, how can Budget subsequently charge the customer for gas when the tank registered full in his presence? I have been renting cars from Budget and Avis for the last 16 years, in some years, I have rented a car every week. I have Avis Preferred Wizard number X3P53F and Budget Fast break number LF930M. I have always returned their car with the gas at the full level. I did not have problems before and so budget was my car rental company of choice. But Budget has billed me incorrectly $106.82 and has refused to give me my full refund.

Below I will document the difficulty I am having with Budget.

June 14, 2010

I complained to budget about the additional charge and was told that if I had the receipt and provided it by fax, my account would be credited for the $106.82. I could not locate the bill and so the staff member said Budget would give me a credit of $53.41 (1/2 of $106.82) pending their receipt from me of the bill.

June 19, 2010

I provided Budgets representative, Ivis by fax (fax number [protected]), as requested, with a copy of the gas bill which indicated that I had bought gas on June 5, at 17:59 before returning the car at 6:00 AM on June 06. I was told that I would receive the remaining credit within 7 days.

July 6, 2010

I spoke with Budgets representative, Carlos, at [protected]. He assured me that the credit had been approved and sent to head office. I checked subsequently but credit did not show up on my credit card statement.

August 2, 2010

I spoke with Budgets representative, Rod (Carlos manager) at [protected]. He confirmed that the credit had been approved. He told me that he would check with head office and get back to me by phone or email the next day. I provided him with my phone number and my email address. I have not heard from Rod yet.

Aug 06, 2010

Spoke with Budgets Representative, Laura @ [protected]. She told me that I should have sent the bill to Customer Service. I provided bill by fax to [protected]; referenced case #3199286.

Aug 19, 2010

I spoke with Budgets representative Kenneth. He told me that the credit allowed on June 14 was all I was going to get because the gas was purchased on June 5 and the car was returned on June 6. I pointed out to him that the car had to be returned at 6 am on June 6, therefore I purchased gas at 17:59 the night before, since the distance away from the airport was short. The tank was checked full by the return clerk.

MY COMMENT ON BUDGETS CUSTOMER SERVICE

Budgets customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Everyone needs to be on the lookout for undue charges from Budget. I will not rent from Budget again and I will dissuade anyone I know to do likewise.

• Li
          Livon Aug 20, 2010

Below I will document the difficulty I am having with Budget.

June 14, 2010

June 19, 2010

July 6, 2010

August 2, 2010

Aug 06, 2010

Aug 19, 2010

MY COMMENT ON BUDGETS CUSTOMER SERVICE

Budget Rent A Carmade me pay a dent we didn´t do

We rented the car at Ben Gurion airport and it had 3 dents. (we have papers to prove this). When we returned the car they told us the car have dents and made us pay 647.19 for a "new damage" We are still fighting them with this. We are asking for proof and they don´t want to give it to us. ADVICE. If the car has a scratch never accept it OR take a picture of the car. They stole this money from us so PLEASE: DO NOT RENT A CAR WITH BUDGET!!!

• Sh
            Sharon M. Mann Sep 05, 2011

Regarding Budget claim M786537-6:
            Actually in addition to the glue repair of $278.79 paid July 2nd by ICBC. I have located an additional document from ICBC Claims History: [protected] that says they paid $1, 253.65 for damage sustained May 18, 2007.
            For a three day car rental with my honest reporting of a minor damage/crack in the front bumper-skin of the White Yaris (rental unit: 6783) This claim raked in 278.79 (ICBC) + 1253.65 (ICBC) + 852.87 (My credit card) +852.87 (My credit card)- $852.87 (reversal of charge complaint to CitiCard) =$2664.10. I think Budget does a booming business exaggerating damage claims and doubling billing credit cards> I will tell my story every time I hear of someone needing to rent a car, I have never been treated so poorly by a company.

• Sh
            Sharon M. Mann Sep 05, 2011

Budget did this to us in Canada (King George location in Surrey, BC) charging me for damages to the car's bumper when I used my Road Star insurance instead of Budget's insurance. When I returned the car, I mentioned scraping the curb and finding a crack in the front bumper-(Due to the following experience, I WILL NEVER VOLUNTEER INFO AGAIN) Budget claim M786537-6
            ICBC insurance paid Budget for damages; Budget billed my credit card for $852.87 TWICE, May 28, 2007 and October 1, 2007 after my Citi card reversed out the charge in September 20th.(Don't forget they were paid for damages by my insurance company) that paid them July 2nd, $278.79 for the minor damage (split) to bumper, easily fixed with a glue.
            Calls, letters and pictures to Budget didn't help, all the way up from the front counter thug, to the repair manager David Chang, who are rude and incapable of hearing that there is a problem. In addition calls were made August 6th to Christy: my husband spoke with David Cross Aug 8; we were referred to Robert Carse who was not available... calls again August 23, and Sept 8th, all with NO resolve. Budget"s response was to retaliate with a claim that I further damaged their car, adding further insult to injury. Budget tacked on another damage that I did not do and sent me pictures from under the car up on a hoist, in an effort to support their new claim. My experience with Budget demonstrates a systemic problem with business practice. They are hucksters/extortionists, who victimize their customers on top of fleecing ICBC

Budget Truck Rentalpoor roadside assistance

Rented a truck in Riverside, CA on 6/24/10; returned 6/27/10 to Walnut Creek, CA. Truck had a flat tire on inside passenger rear tire about 7:30 pm on Saturday; we had left Riverside @ 2 pm. We were about an hour outside of Bakersfield on Interstate 5. Stranded on a very desolate offramp. Roadside Assistance said it would be 90 minutes before help arrived. At 10 pm we again called Roadside Assistance and was informed the vendor had not contacted them with an Estimated Time of Arrival. So Roadside Assistance suggested we go the nearest hotel (when I ask them if Budget would be paying for this I was told to stay where we were and they would dispatch another truck). After another 30 minutes; we decided to limp down the freeway; we drove 100 miles @ 30 miles per hr; we arrived at our destination at 2 am. In trying to work something out with Budget for our terrible ordeal; the most they would offer was a 35% refund of our $240. Their Customer Service and Roadside Service was HORRIBLE. We will never rent from them AGAIN and encourage others not to.

Budget Car Rental Jamaicahas not returned my $850 deposit

Budget is trying to charge me for damage to their already damaged vehiches. We rented a vehicle, it was checked out in the night. No one checked the interior windshield just beside the rear view mirror. Neither us or the man checking the vehicle out. It was getting very dark and he focused on the exterior. The car's side bumper was being held together by screws. The car was obviously in a front end and rear end collision. When we returned the car, the checker stated that everything was ok and signed out checkout sheet OK. We get inside to finalize our bill, a call comes in, Oh there is damage to the windshield. It could not be seen from the outside. Well we saw the guy checked out under both visors and he did not state any thing was wrong. It would be pretty hard to miss that small fissure when he was sitting in drivers seat. It is funny that he saw this damage in our absence. Any way to date Budget has not returned my $850 as yet. This is a lot of money. They have not emailed, called or left any message for me. It has been 7 days. I am hopping mad at this point. Does budget think I pick up my money off trees in the US. They are scamming customer to pay for their damaged vehicles. ANY OUT THERE READING THIS PLEASE DO NOT RENT FROM BUDGET JAMAICA. PLS PASS THIS MESSAGE ON, IT WILL SAVE YOU FROM GOING THROUGH WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH NOW!!!

JAR_13 Dec 09, 2013

I wish I had seen this before renting from them last week. Take heed of the original poster's comments and do not rent from Budget Jamaica. They charged my card for more than what was on the bill and now won't return any emails or phone calls. I'll be taking up this issue with my credit card company.

Budget Car Rentalfalse promise

My wife and child was flying to Canada on Continental airline and their flight was delayed. I called the Airport Budget who does not answer the phone. I called the 800 phone number for budget, and give them the flight number. They assured me that they will wait for their flight, which arrived at 12.45 am (Budget closed at 12 midnite). They were at budget within 45 minutes after clearing Custom and Immigration, but Budget was closed. In the morning, Budget customer care says we were closed, too bad

• Ki
                  King1970 May 23, 2011

WOW WOW WOW...look at some of the spelling and grammer words here...1) i rent a car in Abu duabi ???? 2) then they side (said ) we will up grade (upgrade). 3) unrelapel...unreliable 4)with my kids on ????? 5) i will be droping (dropping)...6) they side (said)...7) retirned (returned )...8) no body (nobody)...9)run to katch (catch)...10) extremelly ...Im not a teacher or a even close...but how in god's name this person became a DOCTOR.

• Dr
                  Dr. Abdulsalam May 04, 2011

To whom it may concern;

I'm writing to make an official complaint against Budget Car Hire for extremely poor service as far as providing the hire car is concerned as well as their complaints procedure. Below is a full breakdown and timeline of my complaint and all correspondence with them.

i rent a car in Abu duabi in 28/04/2017 to be checked off around noon when i arrive it take them around 45 min to relase the car and then i found that the front light in the car is not working although the sign in front labeled as complatelly checked then they side we will up grade you then they give me another upgraded unrelapel car with my kids on, i told them i will be droping the car back around 5-6 Pm they side its fine then when i retirned the car they charge me for 1 extra day, i asked the representative to contact his manger no body answer him and i have to run to katch up the flight it was extremelly unhappy experience for me,
                  budget representative name Ryan Solomon and his manager name Iyad Alasmar.
                  my name is Dr. Abdulsalam
                  Many thanks,

• Gz
                  G Zale Jun 07, 2010

Picked up a car at Budget Quebec City airport and gave them a $50.00 Airmiles gift certificate that would more then cover the cost of the one day rental. Although there was very detailed instructions in English and French on the coupon the clerk "didn't know how to enter it" . She did however assure me that her supervisor would enter it the next day. Dropped off the car at Quebec City downtown Budget location - he could not enter it either but assured me it would be done the next day. After a week, apparently they couldn't find anyone competent enough to enter the coupon, after all the step by step procedure totalled 4 simple steps, so consequently they decided it was simplier to just charge me credit card. I have now spoken to 5 different people and it appears that they actually don't have a competent staff...bottom line is they could care less.

• Li
                  Lilo Aug 30, 2009

I rented a car at Jerusalem. Had to wait 4 hours despite having a reservation. These guys do not hurry and are positively rude. They had a queue of more than 10 people each time I had visited their office.

They blocked a deposit on the credit card and after the car was returned they did not release it. I cannot reach them by the phone and they do not reply to mails. This is the company which does not care about their reputation.

And judging by the fee they charged me they are definitely not budget. Never want to have anything to do with them again.

Budget Truck Rental — overcharged/ fraudulent charges

My experience with this Budget Truck Rental dealer was terrible, terrible and terrible. The employee named...

Budget Truck Rental — refund of truck rental deposit

Employees at this location are on a witch hunt, looking for and creat- ing problems for customers. I was due...

Budget Truck Rentalcrystal clean truck rental

I reserved a truck two weeks before the date I needed to rent it. I reserved it from
                Crystal clean truck rental
                1006 e north 1st st
                Seneca, sc 29678
                [protected]
                when my fiance got there to pick up the truck he was told the truck we reserved wasn't there so he had to rent a bigger truck that was $10.00 more than the one we had reserved and was guaranteed two weeks prior. he was told to do that or have nothing at all. so, we had no choice but to go with that. I was given a special mileage rate online of.69 a mile and was actually charged.79 a mile. the estimated quote I was given online was $64.79 and I was charge $133.75! when I called crystal clean truck rental to ask about it the man was rude and told me there was nothing he could do about it. when I asked for the number to budget truck rental he started yelling at me so I hung up the phone to look up the budget truck rental info online. I am also contacting the better business bureau about this, posting blogs, and getting the word out as much as possible to never rent a budget truck because you will not be given the truck nor the price you are guaranteed. and the service is rude and they give you absolutely no choice but to go with what they tell you to when it's too late to change to anything else.

• Do
                    Doug Bullings May 03, 2017

STAY AWAY!! Read all the reviews! Google this company! Their Facebook page won't allow all of their victims to post reviews, thank goodness for third party websites! This father/son scam team will try every which way to cheat you, overcharge you, and bill you for things that are out of your control. Dont fall for the gas scam! Rude, vulgar and insulting. These men couldn't be professional if their lives depended on it, they don't know how. Which is why their business is a failure. Dont pay mind to their hours, it changes with their personal plans. Maybe they wouldn't need to cheat people out of their money if they had the ambition to show up to work like other hard working HONEST Americans.

• Tr
                    Tracy Player Aug 11, 2015

Picking up the Budget Rental Truck in Columbia was a breeze. Friendly staff and helpful. Dropping off the truck at Crystal Clean Truck Rental in Senaca was another story. A rude, grumpy and untrusting old man met us at the truck return lot and accused us of not leaving the truck with a full tank of gas. He proceeded to manuever the truck around for 7 minutes or so "to get it on flat ground" so that he could see if the tank was truly full. The needle indicated full before the old grumpy butt started backing the truck up and down the parking lot to reach a level spot to determine if the truck was truly full of gas. It was so full of gas that the gasoline could be seen in the neck of the fuel tank. The old man was rude, his son was even more rude and charged us another $49. We had just filled the tank to the rim with fuel prior to returning it. I am convinced one of these nasty men drove more gas out of the truck after we left. No doubt in my mind. WE WILL NEVER USE BUDGET TRUCK RENTAL EVER AGAIN!!! I encourage all of my family and friends to boycott them too.

• Sc
                    Scgirl1990 Feb 24, 2015

Yes did the same thing about insurance. Said he didn't make any money off it and that his wife has been in the insurance business for over 9 years so he knew what he was talking about. I called budget and made a complaint and made sure that they cancelled my reservation with him so I wouldn't be charged the $50 fee because I didn't trust him to cancel it. I just went with a different budget renter. He doesn't need to be in business if this is an ongoing issue

• Di
                    Diana Bourgeois Aug 31, 2012

I had exactly the same experience!! After booking a truck online, I received a call less than 24 hours before my booking from Lane to say that he would be in town. I found out from talking to him that it was really an insurance issue - which doubles the price - and he would not rent me a truck. My $150.90 truck was going to almost double! With a cursing ty-raid, he informed me that it was a "65 f-ing thousand dollar truck" and "would go on my insurance for 3 years if I did not take their insurance." I told him that I did not want it and he told me he would not honor my reservation. Called the corporate offices to report him. Seriously - stay away from this person. No only NOT the way you want your moving experience to go - but you just don't need to foul abuse.

Budget Car Rental — billing

I rented a mid-size car through Orbitz for two weeks in Orlando in mid-March. Through BUDGET they quoted me a...

Budget Rental Carhorrible

Budget car rental aka Avis car rental is the worst car rental company in existence. The employees took over the company a few years ago and they overcharge you to benefit their bank accounts. I rented a car for 5 days in Tampa Fl recently. I got a quote beforehand through their website for $253.00. I thought this was reasonable. When I got to the counter at the airport the woman who was waiting on me said "do you want an upgrade so you will have more room"? I said "no" it's only me and my daughter and we will be fine in the one I ordered. She asked again and again I declined. Then she asked me if I wanted bumper to bumper insurance. I said "no I don't, I have my own insurance" I then showed her my Geico card. So she told me the total was going to be $305.00 for taxes etc. and said to initial where it had $305.00 on the paper which I did. She then told me to initial in the other boxes to decline the extras which I did. The font was conveniently not showing the tops of the numbers so I couldn't see what I was initialing but I assumed the woman was honest and I trusted her. Well don't you know when I returned the car they charged me $527.03. I was livid. I went right up to the counter and told them to get this off my credit card that the total should be $305.00. The guy at the counter looked at it and told me the extra was for tax. I couldn't believe it. When I got home to New Jersey I researched on line and apparently this is a common fraud tactic by this company. There are thousands of complaints from people about the same exact scenario. When I wrote to customer service they had a scripted response saying I initialed for the insurance at $26.00 a day and I asked for an upgrade. These people are nothing but common thieves. If any lawyer is reading this and wants to do a class action lawsuit against them contact me at [protected]@gmail.com Thank You, Dolores

• Su
                      SuperTeacher Jan 08, 2012

I thought that Budget trying to raise my future reservations (four of them) by a total of around $1000 was the all time breech of business ethics but after reading your complaint I am no longer sure. At least they emailed me in advance so I could cancel my reservations which they went into and raised. I don't know how they stay in business. Thanks for warning me. I wish I had read the hundreds of complaints on the internet before I applied for a Fast Break card and agreed to rent from those thieves.

Budget Car Rental Edmontondamage

I rented from budget in December They sent us out in a car with no block heater in -47 degree weather the car would not start I called budget and all they bsaid was oh well it is optional in some cars. So we tried to push it into the garage but the bumper cracked because of the cold. Then we tried towing it and it cracked the back bumper not alot but it did crack. We has to fly out the next day so we had to do something and budget would not do anything they then took 3400 off of my visa card and then would give my an invoice of what they charged. I would never reccomend them to any one. the car had a block heater it would not have happened. The service was awful and they told me that I was a liar and that it did not happen that way.

• Ki
                        King1970 Mar 31, 2010

I guess every car in that city has 2 craked bumpers according to ur story...i believe u ...NOT.

Budget Car Hire — appalling service

To whom it may concern; I'm writing to make an official complaint against Budget Car Hire for extremely...

Budget Car Rentalover charged

When my husband and I flew out to vancouver to be married a year ago, I had planned everything in advance to make sure we could cover costs.
                      Our budget price quote was just under 500 for a five day rental. I believe 460 was the quote. I was perfectly happy with that amount, and naturally, I expected perhaps another 50 for some odd airport tax or whatever other little surprises there might be.
                      I'd heard there were some complaints about their 'pay in advance and drive back on an empty tank' deal, so I avoided that, and promised myself i'd return the tank brimming with gas. Crisis averted, right? Wrong.
                      So, we return the car, he marks down the gas gauge as a full quarter tank above where it was when I picked it up, and I see that he marks it down as such (I am sitting in the drivers seat until I see this information has been marked down). We walk twenty feet over and enter the agent office, and appartently another reality.
                      In this reality we are billed for returning the tank empty, then for extra insurance because they said we didn't pre-pick our insurance, and then a series of other charges that even the manager couldn't find a reason for, but refused to remove.
                      We paid 970 dollars for the rental.
                      I cried openly in public for the first time in my life, outside of a funeral.
                      We had to use all our wedding present money to transfer funds onto our visa to pay for a rental that was supposed to cost us shy of 500. I called budget for three months at least twice a week.
                      They told me that the budget at the airport was independent and they couldn't help us in anyway.
                      The budget I delt with at the vancouver airport refused to go over my bill, explain charges, and on one occasion I was told in not uncertain terms to never call back. Once I was told "too bad!" and she laughed and hung up.
                      I can't say enough terrible things about them. Never use them.

• Os
                          oscar aguayo Jun 15, 2010

conf. #san juan, p.r. oo9370318, pr on priceline total amuont due $150.oo after 3 days 19 hrs. $209.00. and thier service was the worsed ihave evre had. iwill not rent from bu [censor] again.

Budget Rental Carpre pay online services

I reserved a car online and went with the pre pay option to save money. ONLINE it states that if you need to cancel for any reason it's not a problem. Budget will charge you $10-50 cancelation fee depending on the circumstances and refund your money as soon as possible. I canceled and was told that it would take 7 days to refund money. I asked why so long for an electronic transfer? It's just money they took out that they will resubmit to my account. I'm still waiting on my refund. When I spoke with a rep today she told me it may take up to 10-15 days because the processing is behind because of the holidays. DO NOT pre reserve your vehicle online with a credit or debit card. They will charge you and you won't know when you will get your money back. Place a reservation for the car WITHOUT prepaying it.

• Su
                            SuperTeacher Jan 08, 2012

We (my wife and I) made four rentals on June 11, 2017. We called Budget's 800 number and confirmed the rates without any problems. Part of the confusion to come may have been that we have always used Travelocity for our rental car bookings and did so this time as well. The reservations were to be for four separate trips of around 5 days each from January 2017 until the end of April 2017.
                            On January 2, 2017 we received emails (2) stating that the original reservations were a computer error and that Budget Las Vegas would not honor them. When we called the person who wrote the emails she steadfastly refused to come to the phone. So we filed complaints with both Travelocity and Budget customer service and neither could tell us anything helpful. Apparently the Budget Car Rental business in Las Vegas is independently owned and has no reason to abide by Budget's rules or regulations. Nor do they seem to honor either their reservations or display even a minimal amount of common courtesy.
                            Well, the complaints must have gotten back to Budget Las Vegas because Ms. D. T-------- (who claimed to be the general manager) called us the next day. She said that customers like us (those who seek a bargain apparently) were not welcome at Budget Car Rental. In fact, she clearly stated that Budget would not rent to us at all since they are independently owned. She had gone into our reservations and raised them approximately $1000 total. She concluded with this beauty, "if we came to claim the reservations that Budget would not honor them and would charge us $75 per rental cancellation fee." She suggested that we cancel the reservations willingly.
                            So there you have it. Blame your own incompetency on the computer (error) and take no responsibility for reservations that were made and confirmed approximately seven months ago. Way to go Budget. Be proud. You have cheated us. Good luck trying to do it again.

• Pr
                            Protectagainstlies Jul 26, 2011

I rented a car from Budget Rental Car San Diego Airport location in June 2017. After waiting in line 2 hours and 45 minutes, the agent told me to sign my the contract quickly (for my reserved car) due to the number of people in line. After signing, I had to wait an additional 40 minutes because no cars were available. I have since received my credit card statement and there was a charge for "Traveler's Advantage Annual Membership for $139.99." I called to inquire and they said it was part of my Budget Rental Car contract. Nothing was disclosed to me from the Budget Agent. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company, filed a complaint with Traveler's Advantage and with Budget Rental Car. I will never rent from Budget Rental Car again and I encourage everyone else to avoid them as well.

• He
                            Helicone Mar 24, 2011

Picked up a Hyundai Electra with paint on the passenger seat and passenger door. I thought, “Ok, this is not how I would want my cars going out, but maybe they are busy because it is Christmas and all”. I thought it was SO obviously all over the place that there was no doubt they knew about it. I am not much of a complainer, and it didn’t affect my ability to drive the car, and it was otherwise clean, so I left, did my visiting with my family and friends and went to turn it in a week later.

I told the guy who received my car that I was surprised it went out that way. I was not in any way ugly about it, and I was not looking for a refund or any kind of special treatment. The man said it wouldn’t have gone out that way so I must have done it. My jaw dropped! I told him it was like that when I picked it up and he said he doubted it since it changes hands so many times during the process of “cleaning”. I said, never mind I’ll tell them inside. I went inside and explained the paint, the girl gave me a look, and called the manager.

The manager came out, I explained what happened, she rolled her eyes and said, “There’s nothing I can do, but I will look at it”. I followed her out to the car she looked at it and said, “Mm, nope, it wouldn’t have gone out of here like that, no way”, and walked off. I said, “God is my witness, it did go out like that”. She just said, “Nope, you will be charged for this”. I was incredulous. What could I possibly do now? I am the one that didn’t complain, so it is my fault? I know now I should have complained.

Now I know how an innocent person in jail feels like sort of. I cried all the way home. But then my sister said, they probably just recycle the car. If you complain, fine they get you another car, but if you don’t, you get stuck with a bill. Hmmmm. There is no way, if it “passes through so many hands”, that they didn’t know about it. It got me to wondering how many people would just pay the bill and go on with life. Ok, I know, it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but I am innocent, I did not do this. How could so many people there NOT know about it? So beware of the Budget Rental at the Hobby Airport, Houston, location.

• Br
                            Brenda Schrader Sep 16, 2009

I am in Burbank, sitting on the floor, there are no chairs, waiting for my husband to get our car that we made a reservation for... We were the eighth person in line and we have been here for an hour and 10 minutes and the 6th person is being waited on. There is only one person waiting on people and it is slow, slow, slow. Others, National, Avis, etc. get to their customers quickly and effitienty. We travel a lot in the US and have never had such SLOW service...at this rate it may be another hour before we get to talk with the agent... Try finding their customer service...I called to complain and the national number had not customer service...go figure...

• Ba
                            barbara fernandez Sep 05, 2007

Orbitz booked my flight with car at budget on my walmart visa. They charged my card and when i went to pick up the car budget said they wanted another 100.00 on a different credit card. They would not accept the card i had already booked with the airlines. I had to go to another car company. Budget finally agreed to charge back 89.00 since i didn't get the car. Problem was that now i did not have the money to rent another company since i used the money on that card. I spent from 10am until 5 pm in the office of the other company until someone could go put a money pac on that card. Orbitz said that it would take at least 2 months to credit my card. This put me in an intolerable situation since i was attending the funeral of my best friend of 50 years. No-one seemed to care at all that I was stuck in phila. all day. I feel that orbitz should compensate me in some way as this is no way to do business. The people at budget were very uncaring!!!

Budget Rent A Cardeceptive contract

Reserved a car on Budget.com for a week in Seattle. Arrived at the airport, presented our reservation, declined the insurance, and signed the forms. Did not read the contract, BIG mistake! We were upgraded to a more expensive car without our knowledge. Reading the contract afterwards, it is not obvious that the car was upgraded. But it was, and we ended up paying $276 more than expected. Always read your contract and compare it to your reservation. They said absolutely NOTHING verbally about the upgrade.

Also, their customer service is worse than useless if you try to resolve this sort of thing.
                          No more Budget for us, bunch of crooks.

• El
                              ell eff Dec 12, 2014

you are so right! I rented a car at Boston Logan Airport. Waited in a long line at the rental counter for my prepaid car. ELONZO, the care rental rep. was distracted by the hectic atmosphere. I requested coverage for damage to the rental car. ELONZO me I was purchasing Coverage for damage to the car...when in reality he had me sign for supplemental insurance...which I don't need because I have it with my insurance company. He repeated back to me after I secured my question about ..."so the car is covered for any and all damages?" His repsonse.." yes..in this town, people are crazy drivers...its not worth taking a chance" I trusted that where the illiterate employee had me sign was what I "thought" I was paying for. ELONZO was not paying attention...doesn't know the rental contract very well and was deceptive as an EMPLOYEE OF BUDGET. I am now saddled with a claim of almost $900 from BUDGET because of me trusting one of their illiterate employees. I WILL NEVER RENT FROM THEM AGAIN. Always read what you are signing...even if they are telling you ...no need to read ...I will explain it to you. STUPID!!!

• Le
                              Legalease Nov 08, 2009

When signing a rental contract from any business, all pertinent information is on that contract, available for all customer to read before signing and agreeing to the contract.

If there are any questions regarding the information and charges shown on the contract, it is the customer's responsiblity to ask questions and have the contract changed if the customer does not agree with the information provided.

Always remember! You are signing a legally binding contract and it is the customer's responsibility for reading and understanding that contract BEFORE signing it.

Budget Rent A Carfraudulent charges

At the time of returning a rental car for a week=end use having driven it only a total of 139 miles, we were charged for a full tank of gas. We returned this vehicle with a full tank as per their contract. We complained and they say they have investigated and supposedly are giving a credit for 1/3 of the additional charge. Also that we should be understanding of their plight, although I can't understand what plight that might be unless they are in financial staits because of shoddy operation. We are willing to pay the original exhorbitant car rental charge for the weekend in question. but resent their usurious overcharge..This sounds like the attempt of a National company to make the consumer pay for its management failures.

Budget Rent A Car — rent a car scam in dublin ireland

Budget has defrauded a few of us in Dublin, I rented a VW Golf in April 2009, it had a defective clutch (?...