Budget Rent A Car Logo

Budget Rent A Car

Having problems with Budget Rent A Car?

Budget Rent A Car reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 18, 2006. The latest review dirty car rentals when picking up a car was posted on Sep 8, 2021. The latest complaint car rental was resolved on Nov 26, 2019. Budget Rent A Car has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 224 reviews. Budget Rent A Car has resolved 62 complaints.

Budget Rent A Car Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 331 1212 (United States)
+44 844 444 0002 (United Kingdom)
+43 160 1870 (Austria)
+32 27 120 840 (Belgium)
+420 235 325 713 (Czech Republic)
+45 33 913 900 (Denmark)
+358 96 866 500 (Finland)
+361 214 0420 (Hungary)
+354 562 6060 (Iceland)
+31 736 242 640 (Netherlands)
+351 219 940 443 (Portugal)
+41 448 091 818 (Switzerland)
+966 26 927 070 (Saudi Arabia)
+27 113 980 000 (South Africa)
6 Sylvan Way
Parsippany, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Budget Rent A Car Customer Service. Initial Budget Rent A Car complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Budget Rent A Car above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Budget Rent A Car. Discuss the issues you have had with Budget Rent A Car and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Budget Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews, Page 8

Budget Truck Rentalworst service ever

Well it started as a good deal on the truck and trailer rental, good prices.so we went with budget over the other companys. Bad mistake...
we moved across country 2500 miles, the truck they gave us broke down for the first time on the pa turnpike. It blew over 5 gallons of oil all over the car we were towing..we were stuck there for over 4 hours, the second time it broke down was in columbus oh.Thats were it took a tuen for the worst.we were stuck there for almost two full days while the company tried to get us a replacement tuck.The truck they gave us was worst then the first one.older, more miles and dirty, plus the fact that it didn't run any better...Well it gets even better because the manager from budget jim s. promised a good truck and they would awp the load for us . He was hiring a moving company crew to do it for us so we can get back on the road.Instead he hired the tow company (pro) and the workers and there family to do it.. we stop by to check on the progress and abserved the workes smoking while moving our stuff, matress laying on the ground..when we said somthing to them john said you can move it yourself then..well that stared a war with my wife and john. we ended up leaving because it was a mess. .Also the trailer strap was broken that the pin for the hitch was broken.we pick the truck up late that night and started driving. well we get to our new home 3 days late. we open the door to unload and forund that they just threw our stuff in the truck, they didn't use any of our moving blankets or tie downs, they were all in the back just laying there...over 50% of our furniture was broken, and or dirty. broke the axle on my sons quad..I have called the manager a dozen times with no responce, the claims department keeps making us jump through hoops, and giving us a hard time.NEVER, NEVER AGAIN will we use budget truck or car rentals.learned a hard lessons...

Budget Car Rentalnot dependable

I had a trip to Colorado planed, so I called Budget car rental on Tuesday and reserved a compact car for Friday between 5:00 and 6:00 pm for 3 days, and they said it would be there waiting for me, and later they confermed it, I was leaving that night as soon as I picked it up and loaed it, but when I went to pick it up ( on time ) they told me they did not get it, but I could have a 4 wheel drive SUV insted, well I wasn't going to pay out the money a gas hog from Kansas City to Colorado, I ask why they did not call me, I drove 60 miles out of my way to get it, He just laughed and shruged his sholders, so I checked around with other car rentals, but nothing was available without a reservation, so I had to take my small 98 Toyota pick up with 264000 on it and have 2 tires put on it and have the oil changed before I could leave, anyway, my trip had to be cut short and a very uncomforitable ride, thanks Budget, for your great customer service and dependability

Budget Car Rentalexcess reduction insurance

I was on holiday in Australia last Sept/October. Whilst there I searched on line for cheap car rental and was directed to Budget. I duly booked a car and was offered excess reduction insurance which I accepted. On arriving at Sydney Airport to pick up the car during the pick up process I was again offered the ecxess reduction and confirmed that I had already done this. I was asked to sign to confirm the booking details and left with the car.
      When I returned to the uk I noticed that I had been charged £240 on my credit card by a firm called IMALL for excess reduction, I also noticed that the charge for the car by Budget was also £400 more that expected. When I queried this I was told that the extra charge was the excess reduction.
      After about a dozen emails and phone calls I discovered that when I booked on line I had done it through an agent and they had sold me their version of an excess reduction. Then at the desk when I picked up the car, when I thought I was signing to confirm the details I was in fact signing to take out Budgets own excess reduction policy, which incidentally was nearly twice the cost of the one I had bought when reserving the car on line.
      The upshot is that Budget say it was my own fault as I should have known that I had already signed up for a policy and refused the policy that they offered me at the counter.
      They are probably right but I think that the booking process is confusing and I believe the counter staff knew what was happening and took advantage of the confusion to earn extra wages through selling me unnecassary insurance. I think they contravened the NSW selling regulations that stipulate that they have to act with honesty and integrity.
      C Bone

• Au
          Aussie76 Jun 22, 2012

also, there was no contravening of the laws you stated, quite the contrary. They are not to get involved in your private dealings with another company and rightly so. They would be failing you if they didn't offer the excess reduction and you had an accident. Regardless, you would still have to pay the excess to Budget and then go chase iMall with all approriate documentation to get the excess re-imbursed.

• Au
          Aussie76 Jun 22, 2012

The agents are not privvy to what has been booked by a third party website. They have no way of knowing as this would negate all privacy laws as this is an agreement between iMall and yourself. This website simply forwards a booking to Budget with pick up/ drop off times, type of car and the price. Budget does not have any information on wether you selected another companies products or not. Furthermore you should direct your anger at iMall as it is them who controls how their website, and have led you to beleive it is all included.

Budget Car Rental — customer service

We have alwasys rented cars from Budget with no problems, when we turned the car back in, the representative...

Budget Rent A Cardowngrade

Made an online reservation for a compact car on Budget's website, and the reservation was confirmed. Upon arriving in Phoenix, there was a 25 minute wait before getting to the counter, where I was informed by the agent that my reservation wasn't for the car size that was on the printed confirmation, it was for the next smaller size class. For $11.00 per day extra, I could have what I'd actually already reserved. The next 15 minutes were spent deflecting sales pitching and scare tactics for LDW, Roadside assistance, etc. The Nissan Versa that I got had no package shelf and no way to obscure valuables in the car, a fact pointed out by the agent as a reason to upgrade. This was blatant and illegal bait-and-switch, sprung on me in an airport in a strange city when they had me at a disadvantage. There are also about $30.00 in charges and fees on the bill I'm still trying to figure out. Budget's conduct was totally unethical, and they'll never get the opportunity to pull this garbage with me again.

Budget Car Rental — hidden charges

Beware of RSN (Road Safety Net) hidden charges. My wife didn't accept these optional services. We were...

Budget Rental Carscam alert

I rented a car on Budget.com and prepaid for 5 days. Unfortunately, due to some unforsee circumstances, I had to return the car 2 days early. When I picked up the car at the rental count at the DFW airport I told them about the early return, they told me I had to call Budget.com to get a refund for the 2 extra days because they don't do refunds at that location. I called Budget.com and the customer service rep insisted that I need to talk to the people at the rental counter as they own my contract. I called the DFW rental counter again and repeated what I was told by Budget.com and I read their rental terms and conditions to them regarding prepy rentals, the rep on the other side of the phone ignored everything and refused to help. NEVER PREPAY FOR ANYTHING WITH THIS COMPANY BECAUSE WHEN THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY THEY CAN CARELESS ABOUT YOU. SOME CUSTOMER SERVICE. I'll be shredding my loyalty membership card with them and I will never rent from them again!!!

• Ro
              Rosey_flower Apr 05, 2011

I can relate to how Budget-rent-a-car is ripping off people.
              I rented a car from the KENNEDY & ORENDA IN BRAMPTON location for 2 days
              I returned their vehicle "ON TIME"!!!
              They charged me for one extra day + for insurance. They started arguing with me at the front desk telling me the car was returned a few minuits late and they would have to charged my credit card for one EXTRA DAY!
              I TOLD MY FAMILY, FRIENDS, WORKMATES AND SO ON HOW THE RIPPED ME OFF, the company i worked for used to do business with them. Now they stopped! They are now with Discount rent a car!
              I WILL NEVER, EVER, N-E-V-E-R!!! DO BUSINESS WITH BUDGET RENT A CAR AGAIN!!
              THEY ARE SCAMPS!

Budget Car Rentalbeware overcharging at the counter

I recently traveled to Liberia Costa Rica and rented a car for the week at the Budget Rent a Car airport location. I booked and confirmed my reservation online at www.budget.com in the United States. When arriving at the rental counter in Liberia, the counter agent initially attempted to charge me hundreds of dollars more than my confirmed reservation. He reduced the amount but still did not match my confirmed reservation total claiming "additional tax was being charged".
            Upon returning the car at the end of the week this same counter agent "converted" the total US dollars into Costa Rica Colons using an over-inflated conversion rate which later appeared on my charge bill as an additional overcharge. Budget has refused to make an adjustment of this overcharge. I have the amount in dispute with my credit card company.
            Bottomline to all travelers ... BEWARE Budget Car Rental in Liberia Costa Rica. Unethical business practices!
            This will be my first AND last time renting from Budget at ANY location in the world.

sanjay nanda Jan 14, 2012

I taved to Portugal on the 20 sep and we had car rental on the same day we returned the car on the 27 sep and you say you retorned the EUR = 300 deposit back to my account but tell today no deposit come to my account .

sanjay nanda Jan 14, 2012

1. I hired a car on agreement no 723142
                2.At the time of pick up of the car iwas told to pay 178.94Euro (this include car for 1week with the GPS)
                3.I was also told to deposite 300Euro in advnce which i was told i will be paid back on return of the car this means i paid the total of Euro -478
                And now is one month i havent refunded back the extra money i deposited
                I have all the documents to support my claim

Budget Rental Car — extra cost and fees

My girlfriend made an online reservation with Budget Rental Car for a Mazda which we were going to use on our...

Budget Car Rentalfilthy, seats were busted, no recourse

Car not as advertised, supposed to get a Pontiac G6, got a destroyed Chevy Coblat with 25K miles. Filthy, seats were busted, no recourse. To top it off, had a one hour wait to get the car, then, after returning, had to go through the desk again to finalize return. Big hassle, junk Cars, poor customer service. Please, do yourself a favor do not use budget.

Budget Truck Rentalunfair and wrong charge

I made reservations to pick up a truck from Belair MD on 11/14/2009 and return it to Woodlawn MD on 11/15/2009. The reservations included a 16ft truck and free 99miles. I received a phone call from budget informing me that they did not have any trucks at that location and informed me that I would have to pick up a truck from Parkville MD.

Which is out of the way? The lady gave me the difference in mileage added to the free 99 miles. My reservation informed me to call the drop off location in Woodlawn Md because they were closed on Sundays. I called them and they said it was fine to drop it off and asked that I drop the keys in the drop box and it would be processed the next day.

I dropped the truck off before the drop off time and dropped the keys in the box. I find out 2 weeks later that they charged me and additional day usage plus going over my mileage. I then called customer service which I was rudely greeted. The lady informed me that I did not have 99miles and she did not see where extra mileage was given to me for picking the truck up out of the way.

This is bogus. I did not drive anywhere close to 99miles. I would like a full refund of additional charges please. This is an unfair and wrong charge. I did not expect to be treated like this from Budget because I have been a previous customer who is why I chose to go with Budget and not Uhaul.

Budget Rental Carrefund delay of canceled reservation

I reserved a car online and went with the pre pay option to save money. Online it states that if you need to cancel for any reason it’s not a problem. Budget will charge you $10-50 cancelation fee depending on the circumstances and refund your money as soon as possible. I canceled and was told that it would take 7 days to refund money. I asked why so long for an electronic transfer? Its just money they took out that they will resubmit to my account.

I’m still waiting on my refund. When I spoke with a rep today she told me it may take up to 10-15 days because the processing is behind because of the holidays. Do not pre reserve your vehicle online with a credit or debit card. They will charge you and you won’t know when you will get your money back. Place a reservation for the car without prepaying it.

Budget Rent A Carover charge on rental

My family rented a Hyundai Sante Fe to take our daughter from Illinois to California for medical treatment. from our
                    Budget facility.
                    The car was to be ready before noon but they did not have it ready until 4:30PM., which added to our pressure to
                    get to her appointment and make up for lost time.
                    When we returned about 10 days later, at 3AM, we had to wait for the car wash to open
                    at 8:30AM to wash and clean the inside, which took about an hour. If it wasn't clean, we
                    would have to pay a fine to Budget. We had driven all night.
                    The rental facility was open around 8AM. We took the car back by 9:30 and the company charged us for an entire extra day. We
                    talked to customer service and told them that they were hours late getting our rental to us that we thought
                    they should be fair with us on the return. They would not budge.

I sent a letter to Mr. Nelson CEO, at the company on December 16th 2010 but have not received a reply to date.
                    I tried calling their corporate office but kept getting caught up in a telephone maze, or if I got a person, they just sent me back to customer service who will not help. We are more than frustrated that a company's corporate office will not respond.

To top things off, our daughter was very ill and when we returned, we found that there wasn't even a
                    spare tire in the car! We had traveled over 1500 miles each way and over desolate areas and desert at night. The
                    facility we rented from knew we were traveling a great distance but didn't take the time to assure our safety.

We have tried numerous times to find a way to contact the CEO's office, and there appears to be no way through Budget to get a response from those who run the company.

Budget Car/Truck Rentalwould not let me pay for bill

I was in an auto accident in calgary, rented a vehical to return to edmonton, got told there would be no drop off fees for the nonreturn of the car to the exact location I rented from. I returned to Edmonton and tried to drop the rental off at an Edmonton location. I was told by staff that I could not pay for the rental becasue I rented it from a budget that was owned by a different person and edmonton could not foreward the payment to calgary. I was also told that I did not preauthorize a return for the vehical in another city, but they (management in "calgary") were willing to waive any drop fees but I would have to return to calgary if I wanted to pay for my rental: if not they were going to charge my credit card. I do not want my credit card charged, I had cash and a debit card to pay for the rental. Budget refused to allow me to pay for my bill.
                      I was going to rent a cobalt from them but the vehical had a crack in the windsheild that was not listed on the damage report PLUS one of the headlights was discolored and full of humidity and you could not see the headlight properly. The inside windsheild had foot prints on the passanger side (inside windows were not cleaned), all 4 car matts were flipped upside down so they looked clean, but when you turned them over they were full of mud, hair and other things.
                      Calgary is 3 hours away, I cannot drive a 6 hr return trip to pay for a bill and was told I may be able to make payment at another city but becasue the owner of the calgary vehical told the edmonton location to not accept payment the charge will occur on a credit card that is suppose to be only used for id purposes. Not impressed: I can pay off my credit card with the cash I offered to Budget but why should I have to pay for the rental with a credit card instead of using cash or debit?? I cannot figure out how to log a complaint on-line through budget, found this site and will start my complaint by posting here...

christinehamm Mar 09, 2011

Hey Budget!!! What about my air miles???!!! I was suppose to get Air miles for my rental... Where are they??

christinehamm Mar 08, 2011

;)

no prob... im acually a person who makes mistakes...

I'm just frustrated i couldnt pay cash for bill as discussed when i rented the vehical... There are alot of things now-a-days that are hard to pay for with cash... buying a car is one of them! Did u know dealerships wont take cash?? :)

christinehamm Mar 07, 2011

hey! yes i told everyone on my initial complaint about the matts...
                          sorry, sorry... i guess i may have his comment mixed up with a comment made via computer (other site??) turns out person leaving comments was a employee of the buisness that was being complained about... guess thats a no-no...

should have said something along the lines of:" Dont understand your questioning/comments about flipping matts... why wouldnt a person notice matts were flipped: they LOOK different AND I took the time to vacume out my rental... Im guessing some people dont??"

again, sorry 4 mixup... guess i should have reread what his username was and what all the comments were... BUT
                          I'm still not impressed about not being able to pay for my rental when it was dropped off... Condition of that and other vehicals at the rental center i guess are secondary complaints...

christinehamm Mar 07, 2011

Dear Stealth: read what King wrote "...why in god's name YOU turned the floor matts...". He was wondering why I turned the matts...
                          Dear King: I never turned the matts, "budget" received the car back with its matts exactly the same way as when i rented the vehical.

I do notice none of you (employees or friends of Budget employees) asked me how else i know the car was not cleaned prior to me renting it... I'm assuming you made a few guesses, or you may not regularily clean your vehicals.

Dear va_girl: your right... US retailers do treat their customers different, they seem to want to make money AND keep buisness... in Canada it seems they are more focused on just the money part and make assumptions that because they are such a big chain, buisness will just keep coming to them.
                          And maybe thats true to a point: but more and more people are becoming aware of how individuals are treated by larger companies, partly because of sites like this. And there are people like me who vent politely about things, and others who find the need to use nasty words to get their points across.

Well: feel free to dish it out to me, i LOVE to hear the things you have to say, all comments are taken with a grain of salt!

so... figured out how i know the car wasnt cleaned out?

I guess the Cobalt has now been pulled from service (or will be when it is returned from the customer) and the proper repairs will now happen too, huh? :)

• Va
                          va_girl Mar 06, 2011

Wow! Canadian car rental locations must not be as reliable as American...haha

christinehamm Mar 06, 2011

What?? If you know all the mats were turned, you either: 1)work where i dropped off the car or 2)you work where i rented the car from and u know they turned all the matts upside down (they didnt vacume after previous renter: matts were turned upside down to cover dirt ). In either case: why were there footprints on the inside of the windsheild on the passenger side?? I had to clean them off the evening i rented the car... I know the car was NOT cleaned out proper prior to me renting it. I'm also wondering now if the Cobalt that was first rented to me (when i first picked up the rental, all paper work was filled out for me to rent the Cobalt BEFORE a concern was discovered to do with possible safe operation of that vehical: all paperwork that was filled out was shredded by a Budget emplyee and "retyped" to show i was renting a different vehical) was properly repaired before being put back into usage. Complaints were noted about the car INCL a concern that is possibly hazardess to the safe operation of the vehical... If you know of the mats being turned around then maybe you can find out if the repairs were completed to the Cobalt PRIOR to it being rented out in/from Okotoks location...
                          Ask me how else i know the car was not cleaned out proper prior to me renting it from Okotoks...

• Ki
                          King1970 Mar 06, 2011

I'm still trying to find out why in god's name you turned the floor matts ???? IDIOT.

christinehamm Feb 26, 2011

At first i was going to reply to your comment "lol!" thinking you were being sarcastic... what you may not be aware of is that i confirmed from point of rental i could pay for charges in cash when i dropped off the car and avoid my credit card being charged. I was told they would still retain my credit card information in case of damages or such things as traffic violations. I am complaining about the fact that Budget should accept payments from clients as "Budget" and not an independantly owned buisness. I am thankful that the manager or owner of the location waived non city drop off fee's, i just dont like the fact that "Budget" would not accept my money.

• Ha
                          Hal Edwards Feb 25, 2011

I think you must be one of those unreasonable type of people that has only there own wants in focus at all times. If one station is seperate from another owned station, does that not seem reasonable for the owner of the car to recieve the payment via the source that you gave him, in this case a credit card? I think if it had been the other way around and you had left cash in Calgary, you would have insisted on paying with a Credit card and wanting your cash back. People like you are just impossible people to please and should take the stick out of your ###, it is more comfortable that way for everyone!

Budget Rent A Car — horrific customer service-missed plane

I am livid and have never received such poor customer service in my life. I have always had pleasant...

Budget Car Rentalbait and switch

On 1-6-11 I rented a car for 113.83 till 1-10-11. I called budget on the 10th to check the price to extend my rental. The reservation agent at the [protected] told me that from 1-6-11 thru 1-13-11 it would only cost me 123.63 plus a 10.00 extension fee. I asked him over and over if it was only a 20.00 difference for the extra 4 days to rent the car and he said YES. I asked if I would receive another confirmation email and he told me yes. i never received that. On 1-13-11 I returned the car to find that the rep lied to me and the charge was now 226.27. I complained to the store and they told me to contact the toll free number because that's who I talked to. i spoke with them and asked them to pull the recording. The funny things is they said since I called the toll free number that went over seas they could not pull the recording. How great is that. So this rep tell me a price and when I got to return the call I am charged a higher price. So I get charged NSF at my bank.Plus the extra 100.00 and the sad thing is the company would not help me at all. This is a horrible way to treat customers. Never will I use them again. I even filed a complaint with the BBB and they didnt help me.Please beware!

Budget Car Rental Canadaovercharge

Budget Car rental out of toronto airport agreed to a 3 month rental with a confirmed mileage. We did not exceed that mileage.

Budget however on a montly rental cycle inserted a low mileage for the last month and then hit us with an excess mileage charge of $1000.

Budget refuses to respond to our emails except to "pass them on"

This became Budget case #3462823 with a rental confirmation #08599125au for those who are sceptical

Grahame Abbott

• Lo
                              lovelltoto Dec 27, 2010

http://www.heyheytrade.com/ 89 usd rolex omega gucci ed gucci watch

best gift for your people

=======http://www.heyheytrade.com/ =========

89 usd rolex omega gucci ed gucci watch

best gift for your people

========= http://www.heyheytrade.com/ ========= d fgfthtg hghgfh g rjhtgrd

Budget Truck Rentalbad return policy

I am writing to advise you of a multiple problem rental encounter. I have never used Budget before and this is my first experience. Let me compliment all your personnel who spoke to me face-to-face. Each person whether employed directly by Budget or through a partner arrangement were polite.

As per my agreement, I attempted to contact the Dispatching Dealer at [protected] on Saturday, November 20, 2010. I attempted to contact this number approximately 20 different times on this date from 9:00am CT through 7:00pm CT. Each time I received an answering message which told me to contact the National Budget Toll Free Number. I was unable to leave a message On Sunday, November 21, 2010, I again attempted to confirm my truck and trailer reservation. However, I was unable to make contact with the Dispatching Dealer. At this time, I decided to call the 800 Budget number. I was advised by the operator that the rental was confirmed but that I should continue to attempt contact with the Dispatching Dealer. I continued to attempt contact through that day but was unable to make contact.

According to the rental contract, the truck and trailer were to be picked up at 10:30am, Monday, November 22nd. Since I had been unable to make contact with the Dispatching Dealer, we arrived early to the location at approximate 10:10. During the signing of the contract, two separate phone lines were ringing. One of the lines were never answered and received no discernible voice mail. The other line was answered and responses seemed to be in relation to Self Storage business. My hypothesis is that a separate line exists for Budget rental customers and this is why I was unable to confirm reservations.

Upon arrival we were told that Community Self Storage had a truck as requested but no trailer. The representative at Community Self Storage was highly apologetic but advised that Budget was not her employer. That it was my responsibility to drive to another location on Hwy 98 and retrieve the trailer from that location.

During inspection of rental truck, it was discovered that no moving blankets were supplied. It was a clear expectation during my rental request that moving blankets would be available. The move was to assist my elderly grandmother (81) to move from Mississippi to Texas to live with me. Some of her belongings are over 50 years old and 2 of them are antiques. These moving blankets would have relieved a little bit of stress from the situation. Unfortunately, Budget did not supply these.

Additionally, an inspection of the Dolly provided revealed a large tear in the strap and appeared to be unsafe to use. We did use the dolly but it was not without trepidation.

After inspection, the truck was driven to 6497 Hwy 98 West in Hattiesburg, Mississippi to retrieve the auto trailer. While there, a locking mechanism was purchased for $13 dollars. This lock did not work on the back of the truck and I fully expect to be reimbursed for this cost plus tax. The salesperson, Kay, assured me this lock worked with the truck rental.

I advised Kay at the 98 West location that if the truck was driven over 44 miles an hour a violent shaking took place and I was concerned for my safety and others on the road. Kay advised she did not work for Budget. She explained that sometimes Budget trucks did that and for me to have someone look at it if I felt unsafe. She also advised there were no other trucks available.

On Wednesday, November 24, 2010, an attempt to deliver the truck was made to the Destination Dealer. The worker there refused to take the trailer because he did not have a space for the trailer. Again, we were reminded that Morningstar Mini Storage Plano did not work for Budget. On the contract, Budget indicated the Destination Dealer at the address 5920 West Plano Parkway, Plano, Texas, 75093; dealer number 750930. Why did a legal contract contain this address if the dealer was unable to accept the trailer and has not accepted trailers for some time?

At this point, a call was made to Customer Service at [protected]. My first attempt at conversation was met with the phone being hung up on me before an amicable decision. My second attempt was not met with better results. Individuals answering the customer support line were hostile. My simple request to speak with a manager took 18 minutes to process and I did not receive a manager. The person who answered the phone was a second line employee who repeated multiple times that it was the responsibility of the renter to return the truck to Budget. Repeatedly, I explained to him the truck and trailer were at the designated Destination Dealer as written in the contract. His response continued to be that I had to return the truck and trailer to Budget. When it was remarkably clear that I would be charged more money if I did not do as I was told, the truck and trailer were driven less than 3 miles from the Destination Dealer. Why could the Budget dealer not come get the truck?

It is my understanding after speaking with your phone representatives and on-site personnel that erroneous information is routinely communicated on the contract agreement. When the contract is written, a database pulls the nearest location according to zip code. No attempt is made by Budget to ensure this location is actually able to accept a truck and/or a trailer. In this day and age, I can not understand why partnerships are not required to login an internal Budget system and advise if space is available. In this instance, the Destination Dealer knew well in advance his trailer spots were rented for several months. He attempted to contact me but was only given my work number not my cell number. A search on google.com provided a plethora of similar stories. This process is broken and I would recommend some adjustment be made.

Overall, I have to say this is the worst customer service experiences of my life. While I am happy that my 81 year grandmother is living with me now, I am forever mentally scarred by the way Budget has treated such a life-changing experience. Our family should have spent more time with one another to ease the burden of moving. Unfortunately, due to Budgets poor business model, our family spent an enormous amount of time and energy dealing with Budgets inefficiencies. I hope everyone at Budget enjoyed Thanksgiving. Our family was unable to enjoy our meal on Thursday due to Budgets disorganization.

Budget Truck Rentalrental return policy

As per my agreement, I attempted to contact the “Dispatching Dealer” at [protected] on Saturday, November 20, 2010. I attempted to contact this number approximately 20 different times on this date from 9:00am CT through 7:00pm CT. Each time I received an answering message which told me to contact the National Budget Toll Free Number. I was unable to leave a message On Sunday, November 21, 2010, I again attempted to confirm my truck and trailer reservation. However, I was unable to make contact with the “Dispatching Dealer”. At this time, I decided to call the 800 Budget number. I was advised by the operator that the rental was confirmed but that I should continue to attempt contact with the Dispatching Dealer. I continued to attempt contact through that day but was unable to make contact.
                              On Wednesday, November 24, 2010, an attempt to deliver the truck was made to the “Destination Dealer”. The worker there refused to take the trailer because he did not have a space for the trailer. Again, we were reminded that “Morningstar Mini Storage Plano” did not work for Budget. On the contract, Budget indicated the “Destination Dealer” at the address 5920 West Plano Parkway, Plano, Texas, 75093; dealer number 750930. Why did a legal contract contain this address if the dealer was unable to accept the trailer and has not accepted trailers for some time?
                              At this point, a call was made to Customer Service at [protected]. My first attempt at conversation was met with the phone being hung up on me before an amicable decision. My second attempt was not met with better results. Individuals answering the customer support line were hostile. My simple request to speak with a manager took 18 minutes to process and I did not receive a manager. The person who answered the phone was a “second line” employee who repeated multiple times that “it was the responsibility of the renter to return the truck to Budget”. Repeatedly, I explained to him the truck and trailer were at the designated “Destination Dealer” as written in the contract. His response continued to be that I had to return the truck and trailer to Budget. When it was remarkably clear that I would be charged more money if I did not do as I was told, the truck and trailer were driven less than 3 miles from the “Destination Dealer”. Why could the Budget dealer not come get the truck?
                              It is my understanding after speaking with your phone representatives and on-site personnel that erroneous information is routinely communicated on the contract agreement. When the contract is written, a database pulls the nearest location according to zip code. No attempt is made by Budget to ensure this location is actually able to accept a truck and/or a trailer. In this day and age, I can not understand why “partnerships” are not required to login an internal Budget system and advise if space is available. In this instance, the “Destination Dealer” knew well in advance his trailer spots were rented for several months. He attempted to contact me but was only given my work number not my cell number. A search on google.com provided a plethora of similar stories. This process is broken and I would recommend some adjustment be made.
                              Overall, I have to say this is the worst customer service experiences of my life. While I am happy that my 81 year grandmother is living with me now, I am forever mentally scarred by the way Budget has treated such a life-changing experience. Our family should have spent more time with one another to ease the burden of moving. Unfortunately, due to Budget’s poor business model, our family spent an enormous amount of time and energy dealing with Budget’s inefficiencies. I hope everyone at Budget enjoyed Thanksgiving. Our family was unable to enjoy our meal on Thursday due to Budget’s disorganization.

Budget Truck Rentaldishonest & unreliable

Our original reservation was to pick up the truck at 11:00am on Saturday. Upon arriving at the pickup place, they had no knowledge of the reservation, nor did they have any trucks. After calling everywhere and finding no trucks available within 100 miles, we had to leave.

Phone calls to Budget customer service told us that we are not reserving equipment, merely reserving a price. Eventually, we were called at about 4:00 pm to let us know a truck was available. We were told that the rental would start at 11:00am on the next day, Sunday since we didn't get it in time to use it on Saturday.

Upon attempting to return the truck, we drove through Petoskey 3 times, stopping at the police station and 2 other places looking for the address, as well as calling Budget 2 times. We eventually found the place 3 hours after we should have been able to find it. It was located in the country without any signs or any way of knowing that it was a Budget place. We only knew to leave the truck there after calling customer service yet again.

Then, upon returning home we received a message that we would be charged for another day since they had actually started counting our rental at 1:18 on Saturday - several hours before a truck was even available. As far as we are concerned, this is theft of $60 since they are charging for a day that we did not receive.

We are retired and do not have time and money to throw away. We had to hire people to load the truck even though it wasn't available. We aren't 20 years old and can't load a truck ourselves in the middle of the night to get things rushed through. That's why we paid for a 3rd day -- but to be charged for a day we didn't even get is ridiculous.