Bloomex — What was ordered was not delivered.
On May 8, I ordered three dozen roses to be sent to my home for my wife. The occasion was our 30th wedding anniversary.
Order number 3230998
The image is below, and the page I ordered from is: https://florist.ca/catalog/flowers/roses/36-long-stemmed-yellow-roses-17269.html
The flowers were to be delivered May 10. When they arrived, I thought the box looked a touch small for what I'd ordered. When I opened it, it wasn't even close to what I'd ordered. An image of what I was sent is below (a grand total of eight yellow roses and some other stuff... not the 36 roses I ordered and paid for).
I immediately called the driver back to see if there might have been a mix up with the flowers. He said there hadn't been. He suggested I immediately send an email to Bloomex with photos.
On the same day, May 10, I sent an email with the order number and photos to both "[email protected] ca", as well as "[email protected] ca" which was the site I'd originally ordered from. I have yet to receive any sort of response from either email, nine days later.
I noticed there was a customer care number on the Bloomex website, so I called it on at least six different occasions between May 10 and May 11. Five times I waited to be connected, only to receive an automated response indicating I should leave my name, number, and order number for a call back. I did this five times and, again, nine days later, no one has responded. On one occasion, my call was answered by a call centre agent, who told me there was nothing she could do, that I'd have to send an email. I explained that I did, and she assured me I would be contacted within 24 hours. Obviously, that has not happened.
On May 11, I also noticed the website had a live chat option. I opened the chat, then waited about twenty minutes for someone to come on (despite the system telling me I was "next in line"). The agent, Everly, was decidedly unhelpful, and after one response, refused to interact with me again. I attempted to email the conversation to myself (a feature that's offered on the page), however, it did not work. I did, however, take screen shots of the entire exchange. There's no times indicated, but I waited at least five minutes between each of the last couple of comments I typed. Image captures of the exchange are below.
So, after a total of nine attempts at getting the issue rectified, and being met with either stony silence, abandonment, or lack of authority, I gave up and lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on May 11
On May 14, I received a response, however it was not good enough. It stated:
"We sincerely regret to hear that the order didn't meet the service expectations. We can offer a free replacement order or issue a full store credit. Alternatively, we can offer a 50% partial refund for this order. Thank you, Bloomex."
Seeing as how I spent half of the day of my 30th anniversary attempting to reach someone who would display a little empathy and try to fix my problem, and seeing as how it took going to the BBB to even get a response, and finally, seeing as how what Bloomex sent in place of three dozen roses likely cost about a third of what I'd paid ($129.93 including taxes and delivery), a mere $50 credit for the flowers was not going to cut it. Nor would I even entertain the thought of trusting the company to hold a store credit, or send a replacement. I've been treated horribly, and disrespectfully by a company that uses "we care" as their email address.
I sent a response back stating I expected a full refund for all charges. That was five days ago. I have yet to get a response.
Yesterday, May 18 (now over a week since our 30th anniversary was impacted by Bloomex), I called the call centre five times and got the automated response to leave my name, number, and order number again. I've played that game, I won't play it again.
The sixth time (or, if you're keeping count, the 12th time I've called into the Bloomex call centre), I got an actual agent who indicated she would forward my complaint to her manager and stress that I was expecting a callback within 24 hours.
Which brings us to today, May 19. That urgent call back request within 24 hours expired at 10 am EST this morning. I've received, as I predicted, no call back.
I did, however, receive an email a few minutes ago that gave me a user name and password to access https://adm.bloomex.ca
I attempted multiple times to access this site via my mobile phone, as well as on my computer through Chrome, Edge, and Opera browsers. In all four cases, the page wouldn't load. Yet one more method of communication Bloomex offers that does not seem to do what it's supposed to do.