Having problems with Avas Flowers?

Avas Flowers reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 23, 2013. The latest review Product not delivered was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint Anniversary flowers (pastel purple bouquet) was resolved on Aug 16, 2021. Avas Flowers has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 128 reviews. Avas Flowers has resolved 39 complaints.

Avas Flowers Customer Service Contacts

300 Corporate Drive
Mahwah, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Avas Flowers Customer Service. Initial Avas Flowers complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Avas Flowers above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Avas Flowers. Discuss the issues you have had with Avas Flowers and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Avas Flowers Complaints & Reviews

Avas FlowersProduct not delivered

We placed this order - 8623793 on October 5, 2021. We have not received a confirmation that it has been delivered. I have been trying to reach someone from customer support for several days without success. If I cannot get the delivery confirmed this afternoon I will have no choice but to report the transaction as fraud to the credit card provider and request a charge-back.

1. When I call the main customer service line I get an automated message that says "this order is scheduled for delivery on October 5 or October 5 2021" and then disconnects. ( today is October 12, 2021)

2. When I check on the website, I get a message that says "there may be something wrong and we need to look into it" or words to the effect.

3. I've called the sales line (the only line that is answered) multiple times and just get transferred back to the automated system I mentioned step one.

Respond

Avas FlowersFlowers delivered were not the flowers pictured on their site

10/9/21 - Ordered flowers for Mike Driver, Medical City Hospital, Arlington, TX.
    Order #8631895 "Artists Design: Peachy Keen", large, with vase. Stated under their picture "Item pictured is a depiction of an arrangement that we will make as similar as possible with the same look and feel." Pictured were:
    peach-colored roses, ivory roses, and peach-colored chrysanthemums.
    What arrived was markedly different from their picture. (Photo below is what arrived).
    Very disappointed with the arrangement as my brother (Mike Driver) raises roses. The photo below shows carnations, fresias, and a day lily. One rose is seen in photo. Cost of arrangement $57.99, delivery charge $9.99, service charge $20.95 so with tax total came to $96.26. I feel this was more like a bait and switch and was overcharged for a less than desirable arrangement.
    Sue Pockrandt
    1931 Elm Circle
    West Des Moines, IA 50265

Flowers delivered were not the flowers pictured on their site

Avas FlowersFlowers

I ordered flowers to be delivered on the 27th of Sept. They delivered them on the 25th and the petals were falling off the stems. I have talked to them about this issue and they offered to reimburse me $20 off of a $89.00 bill. I ordered a $45 arrangement!! Worst service ever!! I ordered online with FTD, I'm sure they have had complaints before about Ava's. It was a Birthday gift for a special person and we have spread the word about this situation!! I have always used FTD and am very disappointed.
      Judi Samano order # 8577265

• Avas Flowers's response · Oct 07, 2021

Dear Judi,

I would like to take this time to apologize that you did not have a wonderful experience here with us. As a company, we strive to provide excellent quality and service. Our guarantee is our personal commitment to our customers which we believe helps create long term relationships. We understand the importance of every floral order and we take great pride in ensuring that our customers are satisfied.

To ensure that Avas Flowers is providing an excellent experience as per our mission, We have built in a new policy where we review each case and address them vigorously as our business will continue to be built on this high level of satisfaction.

Because there was an issue with the fulfillment of this order, we have processed a partial refund on 10/07/2021 at 2:12PM. The refund transaction number is [protected].

Again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Avas FlowersProblem with delivery

I ordered flowers on 9/27/21 to be delivered on 9/28/21 to my 92 year old mother. Ava Flowers called me on 9/29/21 stating there was a problem with the address. That was resolved and I stressed that I wanted them delivered even a day late. Ava flowers always sends a delivered conformation with my previous orders. I still have no confirmation that they were delivered, and my mother isn't reliable due to her age. I have been unable talk to any customer service person.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused.
            Please provide us with your order number as we would like to escalate this matter and compensate you in regard to this situation.

Avas FlowersScam

I ordered an arrangement of sunflowers for deliver. They contact me the day of delivery to indicate that they do not have enough of the flowers to make a full arrangement but will be sure to "curate me something with flowers of equal or or greater value". I asked what flowers would be used and was told that it was up to the designer. I told them I would not agree unless I knew the flower type. Finally she gave me the type of flower and it is a blue filler flower to be used with an unspecified amount of sunflower. I asked to cancel the order and was told that I could wait 5 days and they could fulfill my order as intended. I told them I could not wait that long and was put on hold for the 4th time. Eventually got a refund after a 30 minute conversation that should have been 3 minutes. Clearly this place does this all the time with the old bait and switch.

Respond

Avas FlowersThe flowers I ordered are nothing compared to the ones delivered

Ordered a bouquet of 16 white lilies as the picture shown on website. They were in memory of a deceased lovely woman only to have an insignificant sad bouquet delivered. I need my money to be refunded. I had wanted to cancel when I realized I was with the wrong company. I needed HEB, a local supermarket with an honorable flower shop, but somehow the photos shown were from AvasFlowers.
            When trying to cancel with AvasFlowers their representative convinced me not to cancel with a promise to deliver exactly as the photo. He also gave $10 dollar credit. I'm extremely upset.

The flowers I ordered are nothing compared to the ones delivered
            The flowers I ordered are nothing compared to the ones delivered

Aug 19, 2021

Avas Flowers — Products not received - order placed last Thursday the 12th. Details below.

Order # 8484036 - Fruit Basket and Mylar Balloon were not delivered to my nephew, Max Lewis and as of last...

Aug 16, 2021

Avas Flowers — Anniversary flowers (pastel purple bouquet)

On 08/15/2021 at Approx: 10am I called Avas Flowers in New Smyrna Beach area in order to purchase some...

Avas FlowersFlowers delivered were a embarrassment to me

Placed a order 1 week before the birthday and specifically said no roses only fresh flowers. I was sent a picture of the flowers and was embarrased to see the very poor job done with the arrangement. A blue vase was ordered and clear vase was delvered. The flowers also looked like they were 1 week old. Also spoke to a out source company that did not speak english well. This is my first time placing a complaint on line

• Avas Flowers's response · Aug 12, 2021

Hi Marian,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Avas FlowersFlower arrangements

Bait and switch at its finest, I paid for a beautiful arrangement for my daughter's birthday. As we work for the same company I wanted to surprise her and let her know how proud I am of her, as she got a promotion.
                The flowers that she received I could have picked I. A field. Not what I ordered, also paid extra to be delivered by 2 pm, didn't happe

Flower arrangements
                Flower arrangements

• Avas Flowers's response · Aug 06, 2021

Mr. Bill Temple,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Jul 07, 2021

Avas Flowers — Product and service

On July 7, 2021, I called Avas Flowers to place an order for two floral arrangements and two balloon...

Avas FlowersTrying to get a refund

Was assured by person taking order plant would be at Funeral Home on time. It didn't make it. I called for a refund was on the phone for 21 minutes to get this done. Rep. asked if they could call the Funeral Home and get an address for the family I said No because I had already taken care of it on my own. Got put on hold then told they got an address for family. So a second time I tell them NO I have taken care of it myself, put on hold again. I will never do business with this company again. What a horrible experience you have lost a loved one then you have to go through this! The order # 8357974 I hope nobody else has to endure what I just had to.

• Avas Flowers's response · Jun 21, 2021

We are sorry for the trouble, We have processed a full refund back to your card, The funds are released immediately on our end, we ask that you please allow up 10 business days for the refund to reflect upon your account.

Avas FlowersRed & White Sympathy Floor Basket

This web-site and call Center are very frustrating to deal with. Ie; links don't work, long automated messages and hold times and it is misleading in that they contact out to smaller local flower companies. I contacted customer service to tell them the hours deliveries would be accepted and when they would be closed to ensure no delivery problems. The church was nice enough to arrange for their office to be open longer hours to receive deliveries. NO deliveries were made. Email confirmations showed delivery. Before the FUNERAL, my family was scrambling to find flowers because there were NONE. Again on hold with the AVAS call Center who could not help me or provide any information. A local florist offered to let us BORROW some arrangements for the service. We did receive 2 deliveries as people were being seated. But neither matched the description of what was purchased. This is a big deal. This should have brought feelings of love and support to our family and instead caused stress, panic and an empty alter. None of us will ever use this company again.

• Avas Flowers's response · May 27, 2021

Avas FlowersFlower delivery

order number: 8255951

I ordered a certain bouquet, which i paid extra money for, to be ordered for Mother's day. I picked it out because i thought that that certain bouquet would be delivered. Unfortunately, my order came but it was COMPLETELY different from what i ordered and i have been trying to contact you guys through the phone number you have listed SINCE THE DAY I ORDERED, which obviously does not EXIST.

I tried writing to your non-reply email because there is no other contact info listed other than your phone number (which doesn't exist) and i want a refund for this because it is not something that i even ordered. I paid extra money for this certain bouquet and i paid a high extra fee. Why would i pick out a certain kind of bouquet when all of your products are different prices. I am currently overseas and i wanted to surprise my mom with nice flowers. If this was the case i would've picked out the cheapest one. I tried calling, writing to your non relply email, writing a comment on your customer service options (nothing allows me to submit anything). If there is no response to this, i'll have to contact my credit card company regarding this matter.

I'll attach photos of the flowers i ordered and the ones i received.
                      Hopefully i can reach you guys through here.

Flower delivery
                      Flower delivery

1 Response
                        • Je
                          jennib24 May 26, 2021

Just wanted to let you know that I did reach them at the number listed on here. Just choose 1. I am certain they are both a scam and terrible business. There was a recent judgement against them with the BBB. I know that it did offer some consumers restitution, but I'm not sure if it was for that specific state or other location. You can Google and find it. Good luck.

Avas Flowersflowers not delivered on time!!! and called 3 days in advance!!

I will NEVER order from these jokers again.. I ordered flowers for our pastors family .. due to the passing of this mother, I ordered 3 DAYS IN ADVANCE they called day flowers were to be delivered and said so sorry we cant deliver till the next day!!! i am beyond angry ! the dummy i was talking to barely speak English and kept hearing roosters crowing in the background, , , ridiculous. DO NOT USE THESE YOYOS . THE SERVICE IS TOMORROW. SO MAD I CANT STAND IT. we'll see if they get them at the church tomorrow in time, if not im gonna call them again and get a refund of 100 bucks. yup you watch me

Avas Flowersflower service/delivery

Horrible experience overall. They say they are a local florist, but once you dig into it, can tell they are not at all! They sent the wrong flowers to the wrong address and still have not rectified the situation - we were trying to send flowers to our grandmother for Mother's Day and she never got anything. Ordered April29, told they were delivered May 5, but in fact they were not. called May 7, asked them to rectify and on Mother's Day they actually delivered flowers (not what we ordered) to the wrong person (someone else we had also ordered flowers for who already received her order). After multiple emails and phone calls over the course of six days, I'm still literally on HOLD. This time for 36 minutes. Last time 22 minute. Nothing seems to be getting resolved, they always say they will look into it and get back to me. Usually the phone gets disconnected while I"m holding. This time, they've finally offered me a $20 credit - but seriously, our grandma did NOT get the flowers we ordered for her - there should be a refund (not a credit as I will NEVER order from them again) AND a delivery if you want to make this right. The same person handles customer service. The CS person has no authority to make a decision and I get disconnected all the time! Worst experience. Avoid at all costs!

• Avas Flowers's response · May 15, 2021

I would like to personally apologize for any negative experience we may have provided. Please send us a direct message with your order number and details as we would like to look into this matter for you.

• Avas Flowers's response · May 18, 2021

Respond

Avas FlowersI had three different orders placed on May 7th.One was delivered on May 11th.the other two were not received,

I have had nothing but problems with Avas and I wll never use them again.I'm looking for a refund for two orders
                            the first is #8259644, the other is #8251151.I expect a full refund or I will dispute these with my credit card co.

Avas FlowersFlowers ordered for Mother's day

DO NOT BUY!!! This site is a SCAM! I ordered flowers for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. The delivery date was promised between May 7-9 - on or before Mother's Day. I received 2 calls on Friday the 7th about the order, first requesting a phone number to contact me (they were calling me at my contact phone number) and then for my email address - which they had already sent an email to with the order confirmation. I made sure to verify that the flowers would arrive on or before Mother's Day, asked to speak with a supervisor to verify, and was told supervisors only work via email and that the flowers would arrive on Mother's Day my mother in law was sobbing on the phone because her flowers did not arrive. Today I received a call from support to ‘verify the delivery address. When I again asked to speak with a supervisor because the flowers were not delivered for Mother's Day I was hung up on. I received a callback moments later only to be hung up on again. I tried to call for support but was hung up on with every option I selected. Finally, I selected the option to place a new order and got to a human…who said they could not help me and transferred me to support. I waited 48 mins to speak with a supervisor and was again hung up on. Finally, after several calls, I spoke with a supervisor called Sebastian @ ext 2343 who told me there was nothing they could do aside from offering a $20 credit on future purchases. SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

Flowers ordered for Mother's day
                              Flowers ordered for Mother's day

• Avas Flowers's response · May 13, 2021

Avas FlowersOrder not delivered

I ordered flowers for a funeral and they were not delivered. I called the recording and it said the order was cancelled. I called and talked to a representative and was told it was cancelled and they tried to get in touch with me. I never received any notification. They refunded my money but I want them to send the arrangement at their cost and they refuse to do that. It was their error. Why didn't they send the order? I was given no answer.

I had ordered a similar arrangement but for a birthday a week prior to the same recipient from Ava's. I think they saw the duplication and cancelled because of that. I don't know what the reason for the cancellation was but I believe they should send the arrangement at their cost. They refuse. I will never, ever use them again and do not recommend. They are horrible!!

• Avas Flowers's response · May 05, 2021

Avas FlowersService

I ordered flowers from Avas Flowers in Mesa Arizona on Tuesday, April 13 for same day delivery. Today is Thursday, April 15 and the flowers still have not been delivered and the phone numbers listed on my order have not been contacted to arrange delivery. I am going to stop payment through my bank today. This is a terrible way to do business and I never order from them again.

• Avas Flowers's response · Apr 16, 2021