Barclays BankUnable to withdraw funds even though money available

My husband and I tried to withdraw some of our available funds from our joint account as my husband needed the money for his jury service at the Old Bailey, as we were waiting for our request to be processed the ATM said " we were not able to process your transaction"

We went into the local branch on the following morning to find out what was happening and had to take my money out over the counter, I have contacted the call centre on many occasions only not to get anywhere. This had been going on for 4 days and I have finally managed to sort it out! How many calls does it take to an Indian call centre to get this problem fixed!!!

jagatjiban sahoo Apr 21, 2011

Dear sir,
    Please check the details of the mail i got and give a feed back correctly and it proceedure also
    With thanks and regards

* YAHOO CERTIFICATE J S.JPGYAHOO CERTIFICATE J S.JPG
    * INSURANCE CERTIFICATE J S.bmpINSURANCE CERTIFICATE J S.bmp
    * BANK DRAFT J S.bmpBANK DRAFT J S.bmp
    * DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT OF MR JEFF.JPGDIPLOMATIC PASSPORT OF MR JEFF.JPG

> Earth-29-june.gif (154392 bytes)avion02.gif (20271 octets)
    > FedEx Billing Invoice Processing
    > Barclays logo
    > Barclays Bank Plc .Registered in England.
    > Registered No: 1026167.
    > Registered Office: 166 Hyathe Heatherwold,
    > Newton Newbury Berkshire, RG209BG UK.
    > Mob : +[protected]
    > 11/3/2017
    > ATTENTION : MR. JAGATJIBAN SAHOO,
    > WITH OUR DISSCUSSION THIS MORNING WITH THE RESERVE BANK OF INDIA (R.B.I ), WE ARE VERY HAPPY TO INFORM YOU THAT, THE RESERVE BANK OF INDIA (R.B.I ) HAVE AGREED TO TRASNFER YOUR MONEY INTO YOUR PRIVATE ACCOUNT AS SOON AS YOUR BANK DRAFT IS DEPOSITED IN THEIR BANK. OUR SENIOR REPRESENTATIVE OF BARCLAYS BANK, MR JEFF MOASON WILL BE COMING TO YOUR COUNTRY, INDIA TO TRANSFER YOUR WINNING AMOUNT, 250, 000.00. GREAT BRITISH POUNDS INTO YOUR GIVEN ACCOUNT DETAILS . HE IS OUR SENIOR DIPLOMAT AND HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH THE BANK FOR SO MANY YEARS.
    > HE WILL CONTACT YOU ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE AS SOON AS HE ARRIVED IN YOUR COUNTRY FROM THE OFFICE OF THE RESERVE BANK OF INDIA FOR THE IMMEDIATE TRANSFER OF YOUR MONEY AND YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOU RECONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS TO HIM IMMEDIATELY WHEN HE WILL CALL YOU FROM R.B.I OFFICE. YOU ARE ADVICE TO FOLLOW ALL HIS INSTRUCTION TO AVOID ANY MISTAKE IN THE TRANSFER OF YOUR MONEY. TAKE PROPER CARE OF HIM BECAUSE, THIS IS HIS FIRST TIME OF COMING TO INDIAN . HE IS COMING WITH ALL THE ORIGINAL SCAN COPIES OF YOUR DOCUMENT THAT WAS ATTACHED IN THIS MAIL.
    > THIS IS MAKING 19YRS OF EXPERIENCE IN WORKING WITH THE BANK AND HE HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN ANY TRANSFER THAT HE MADE . HE WILL GUIDE AND INFORM YOU ALL THE PROCESS AND MAKE SURE YOUR WINNING PRIZE IS TRANSFER INTO YOUR GIVEN ACCOUNT DETAILS BE FOR COMING BACK TO UK . GET US INFORM AS SOON AS HE ARRIVED EVEN WHEN HE FINISH THE TRANSACTION WITH YOU . CONGRATULATION ONCE AGAIN !
    > TAKE NOTE :
    > DEPARTURE DATE : SUNDAY 13TH MARCH 2017
    > ARRIVAL DATE : MODAY 14TH MARCH 2017
    > ATTACHMENT OF YOUR CERTIFICATE.
    > 1 YOUR YAHOO CERTIFICATE
    > 2 YOUR INSURANCE CERTIFICATE
    > 3 YOUR BANK DRAFT OF 250, 000.00. GBP
    > 4 DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT OF MR. JEFF MOASON FOR YOUR EASY RECORGNITION WHEN HE WILL COME TO YOUR CITY AFTER YOUR TRANFER IS COMPLETED FROM RBI OFFICE.
    > NOTE : SEND US YOUR PHOTO ID PROOF . HE WILL USE IT TO IDENTIFY YOU WHEN HE WILL COME TO YOUR RESIDENCE TO DELIVER YOUR YAHOO CERTIFICATE AND INSURANCE CERTIFICATE TO YOU AFTER THE TRANSFER.
    > THANKS,
    > MR BENSON DAVE.
    > THE DIRECTOR OF BARCLAYS BANK PLC UK.

Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to Messages
    ASCII (ASCII)Greek (ISO-8859-7)Greek (Windows-1253)Latin-10 (ISO-8859-16)Latin-3 (ISO-8859-3)Latin-6 (ISO-8859-10)Latin-7 (ISO-8859-13)Latin-8 (ISO-8859-14)Latin-9 (ISO-8859-15)W. European (850)W. European (CP858)W. European (HPROMAN8)W. European (MACROMAN8)W. European (Windows-1252)Armenia (ARMSCII-8)Baltic Rim (ISO-8859-4)Baltic Rim (WINDOWS-1257)Cyrillic (866)Cyrillic (ISO-8859-5)Cyrillic (KOI8-R)Cyrillic (KOI8-RU)Cyrillic (KOI8-T)Cyrillic (KOI8-U)Cyrillic (WINDOWS-1251)Latin-2 (852)Latin-2 (ISO-8859-2)Latin-2 (WINDOWS-1250)Turkish (ISO-8859-9)Turkish (WINDOWS-1254)Arabic (ISO-8859-6, ASMO-708)Arabic (WINDOWS-1256)Hebrew (856)Hebrew (862)Hebrew (WINDOWS-1255)Chinese Simplified (GB-2312-80)Chinese Simplified (GB18030)Chinese Simplified (HZ-GB-2312)Chinese Simplified (ISO-2022-CN)Chinese Simplified (WINDOWS-936)Chinese Trad.-Hong Kong (BIG5-HKSCS)Chinese Traditional (BIG5)Chinese Traditional (EUC-TW)Japanese (SHIFT_JIS)Japanese (EUC-JP)Japanese (ISO-2022-JP)Korean (ISO-2022-KR)Korean (EUC-KR)Thai (TIS-620-2533)Thai (WINDOWS-874)Vietnamese (TCVN-5712)Vietnamese (VISCII)Vietnamese (WINDOWS-1258)Unicode (UTF-7)Unicode (UTF-8)Unicode (UTF-16)Unicode (UTF-32)
    | Full Headers
    Reply Reply All Forward Forward

Mail Search
    WelcomeInboxNewFoldersMail Options

Copyright © 2017 Yahoo India Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved.Terms of Service
    NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.
    To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy

• Pw
    pwhistler Feb 09, 2011

I got £100 from the Barclays ATM. It bave me 2 X£10 notes and 4 X £20 notes. I needed £10 notes. I went into the bank and queued for about 20 minutes because ther was only one clerk operating and she had a problem customer. As I queued I was angered by a customer who seemed to think there was a special queue just for him. Having elbowed him out of the way he joined the queue behing me as that person was not as aggressive as I was. I admit to being angry by the time they sent two more clerks to attend the customers. When I ewas called to teh desk I askde politely to change the money for £10 notes. I was asked if I had an account and as I hadn't I was told they couldn't change the money. I explained that a short while before I was a customer when I took the cash out of their ATM. I was asked for a receipt and I didn't have one - they ask on the ATM screen that you be aware of the environment and give the option for cash with or without a receipt.
    What do banks do if not change money? Surely this is a fundamental part of their business. I stood there asking if she was serious - I just couldn't believe it. She would have been quicker changing the money for me.
    I promise I will never, never use a Barclays service again.

Chrisjw37 Dec 22, 2010

I have a mortgage supposedly paid off last week, but the life assurance division have not sent a cheque to the mortgage dept (same company and they use bloody cheques?) missing for the last two weeks.

Meanwhile I still pay interest and even the complaints dept can't sort it out because the claim to be different companies, same damn name and the same to Barclay's customers!
    They can't take an electronic transfer of funds, why? WTF?

Unbelievable.

- As I type waiting for a call-back on the third complaint I have lodged.

• To
    Tony Poll Nov 28, 2010

I recently transferred some money from Euro to my Barclays UK Sterling account. This was a substantial amount, way above the usual tourist sized transaction. I had transferred similar amount previously, and been charged approximately 1.5%. This time I was charged 3.4%. I complained, in person and by phone, but Barclays have refused to do anything. Their response may be summed up as 'We have your money and we are not giving it back'. I should point out I have banked with Barclays for many years, and have always as a very good customer.
    I would recommend anyone considering dealing with Barclays to be VERY careful. They do not meet any reasonable standard of business integrity or honest.

• Re
    Renee Lindsey E Oct 15, 2010

Barclay's Bank is officially the worst bank I have ever dealt with. My credit card was transferred to Barclay's Bank about 6 months ago and ever since I have had nothing but problems. Currently, they have cashed 2 payments totally $1500.00 and it's 45 days since I have filled a complaint and there is still no credit to my account or update on the case. I have called in to their Customer Service Department 10+ times with no success. They have even hung up on me before after asking to speak with a supervisor.

BEWARE OF BARCLAY'S BANK! DO NOT EVER OPEN AN ACCOUNT OR CREDIT CARD WITH THIS COMPANY. I HAVE NOW BEEN TRYING TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT FOR 45 DAYS AND HAVE HAD LITTLE TO NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Po
    poyat Oct 05, 2009

please correct the e mail address it is [email protected]

• Po
    poyat Oct 05, 2009

u will not believe what type of service they provide us in italy. i made a transfer on 19th june, 2017, they deducted US$ 662 and the amount reached pakistan in 19 days. can u belive that they cahrge me US$662 and took 19 days for swift transfer. [email protected]

• Ze
    Zen_Novice Oct 02, 2009

Same here, but in my case, it was a wait of over two months, while I was stranded in SE Asia [without a return ticket]. I've gone to the Financial Ombudsman!

• Ze
    Zen_Novice Oct 02, 2009

Why not try the Financial Ombudsman Service? No cost; impartial; authoritative - and they can award damages.

• St
    steve riches Sep 06, 2009

for last couple of years been complaing to barclays regarding poor service about mortgages and secured loan of £30k plus a 9k ppi attached, been writing to john varley, dont think he has ever seen my letters, abosolute waste of time writing to him. you just get passed from pillar to post with other people. finnally took my complaint to financial ombudsman, they ruled in my favor but guess what stiil no responce from barclays or any money. the service is so very poor.
    steve r

• Vi
    Vinay eetika Aug 17, 2009

I would Like to infrom that i have recieved a mail From BARCLEY BANK Account Manager, He send me lottery ticket this is mentiong bellow.

please download picture

• Ju
    Juleee Jun 27, 2009

At the moment I have precisely the same problem with only one difference, it's Saturday and all the branches are closed!!!

• Pe
    pete Apr 26, 2009

Totally agree with you they rip people off, I complained about some 8 pound charges some of which were for small transactions under a pound, because I'd gone over my reserve limit. Common sense wasn't in their books despite me having an account with them for over 20 years. As in your case they said my case was resolved, absolute rubbish it was resolved according to them, they are crooks, total crooks.

• Th
    THEO Feb 04, 2009

I have been having problems with barclays last years, after banking with them for 5years, I request a cheque book from them, and it never got to me for some reason someone got hold of my cheque book and started issuing cheque from my cheque book, knowing that it is not my signature they still accept the cheques. I went through so much stress I had to contact them on many occasion to cancel the cheques and they didn't at my 1st class, I had to cry and complaint that I need my money to pay my rent and therefore I was entitled to an emergency overdraft I was told no. I request another cheque book and I told them I will collect it in branch and and the customer advisor told me she can't do it, so therefore I asked her to cancel it, and she didn't received the cheque book, but a 2nd cheque book was issued after the one I request without me asking for a 2nd cheque book!Which is wrong and they should not do this!I need to take it further for compensation because I am sick and tierd of this stupid bank!

• Mr
    Mrs MNP Trillo Jan 19, 2009

I receive my pension through the Barclays and in November2007, for some reason or another, they still have not informed me, they stopped transferring my pension for three months, I have a standing order with them, so I called and called and called, spending hours on the phone with no results, I mean the money is mine, not theirs for heaven sake, after many calls, letters, faxes, etc. I had my standing order started again, hurrah! after being promised that it would not happen again, what's my surprise they have stopped transferring my pension again in November 2017, now its January 2017 and they still haven't sent me my money, which according to a bank statement they sent, is in my bank account. I phoned and ofcourse they cannot do anything. WHY? I don't know, they don't know either, so who knows why it was stopped? They promise to investigate, to call back. NOTHING. I promise that nobody will ever hear a kind word about Barclays Bank from me. My name is Mrs M.N.P. Trillo and I'm having economical problems because Barclays Bank is keeping my money. Never, ever, open an account in Barclays.

• Ni
    Nick Jan 13, 2009

The branch of barclays branch in bishop auckland told me at the manned cubicles that my account had over ten pounds more in the account than i actually did according to their phone services hours before logging this report. i paid for something online that was of the balance of around nine pounds. i since have had two reserve fees of 22 pounds added which has made my account over fifty pounds overdrawn, i have had a blind refusal to pay it back, another complaint has been logged after i had already complained about it previously and they had labeled the file RESOLVED!!!. this is in total the 17th error on their part in 6 months, many of which i have had to pay for. last time they let money to the tun e of 123.00 come out and racked up the charges to 890.00 over four months with no other contributing factors. they are criminals!!!. they do deserve to go to court for their actions which are the actions of profiteering con artists. i would not run a business that way and nor should they really. DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM, it costs more to bank with them than goes into your account and they have ruined my credit rating. i have no other debts or blacklisting with anyone and do not deserve this stress. no-one needs the hassle that goes with banking with them, i don't do bitter but a rip off is a rip off and this site was designed for a company like barclays to be found out.

• Sh
    sheikh muzafar tanveer Oct 10, 2008

I SHEIKH MUZAFAR TANVEER ARE UNHAPPY ABOUT BARCLAYS BANK IN UK CONZ MY MONEY HAS NOT YET TO
    TRANSFER TO MY ACCOUNT IN INDIA SINCE LAST 4MONTHS.
    VERY BAD
    THANKS

• Bk
    B.KISHOR KUMAR Aug 08, 2008

BARCLAY BANK CREDIT CARD - very worst service in india

still i have not recieved anyreversal & any reply from barclays credit card department after requesting them by mails & phone calls

hi barclay,

harassment calls from barclays credit card payment customer service in india from mumbai i recorded the conversation also.i & my family are very much disturbed by this phone calls .

On droppping a my cheque in favour of Barclays Bank PLC, at gangadeshwaram koil street chennai drop box on 26-04-2017. After dropping the Cheque well before the due date bank is continuously sending the statement demanding the Late Fee, tax and Interest. After dropping the cheque how can customer come to know about the cheque? he can know only when his/her account has debited. I had talked to Barclays payment persons many times and customer care also but no body is willing to give some kind of help.

NO ATM CENTRE IN MY CITY
    NO BARCLAY BANK IN MY CITY
    TOLL FREE CUSTOMERCARE NUMBER IS NOT WORKING
    EVEN I TRIED YOUR OTHER CUSTOMERCARE NUMBERS ALSO THEY NOT AT ALL ATTENDING MY CALLS FOR A LONG & I WASTED A LOT OF AMOUNT FOR THAT STD CHARGES
    Barclaycard bills online IS NOT TIE UP WITH MY BANK ACCOUNT
    CASH COLLECTION EXECUTIVES ARE NOT COMING.

I HAVE ONLY ONE OPTION WHERE I CAN PAY MY BILL AMOUNT IS CHEQUE DROP BOX

chennai
    tamil nadu

• Te
    tejas Jul 13, 2008

I am the employe of your company working the Kanjurmarg branch under Mr.Edward Parera's management since past two months we new 20 agents did not received our salary.Plz try to pay our salary as soon as possible, we have the record of all the customer's to whom we have sold the cards we will screw your company by our way by giveing the calls to those customers and informing them that your company is frauds and will be closeing very soon.You have already terminated two girls without paying them thier dues so we cannot trust you any more.Dont force us to register the complaint in the head branch of U.K for your kind information.

• Ut
    uthraa Jul 02, 2008

Dear sir,

R you got any written request from barclays bank regarding your loan request confiramtion, loan amount, rate of intrest, Tenur. Then only you give your repayment cheque to them.

The loan is a personel loan ? in flotting rate of intrest.

if you taken a personel loan it will never changed the rate of intrest. please ask them given to written request for the reason for rewised rate of intrest.

if they are given the reason please check the fist loan shedule documents with good chartered accountan or lawyer.

some tips for loan/credit cards applications.
    Before sign the document you should read entire document.
    please fill all the colums of the document. some blank field are spoil your money.

Dear friends in future dont give blank cheque in any part of your life to any others particulrley banks & finance institutions. please fill it up the all details and singned it.

One more thing please make a note for giving the loan documents, collecting persons name address, phone no's.

Some persons are called and said some offers for the cards/ loans. please ask them in written request in proper format. They never distrub you.

thanks & regards
    uthraa

Sadiq Jul 02, 2008

Yes, they was sweet while collecting documents and they became strange and now I've been forced to payback their amt even after declining the loan.. They credited the amount on my bank account and no one is responding from Barclay's PLC.. Poor service. Don't trust those guys !!!

• Bo
    Bonita McMorris May 06, 2008

I was just on the phone with a rude rep. from Barclays. I have auto payments for my credit card and they failed to take payment out for April. Then they tried to take a double payment out in May without my consent. I was speaking with one customer service rep. when a supervisor named (Darren) piped in and stated, "so you think you dont have to pay your bills"?)
    That is not the issue. They cant just double bill someone without them knowing about it!!! Then Darren proceeds to tell me that if I did not make this double payment I would be reported to the credit bureau. He stated that Barclays was doing me a favor by not reporting me already. ( they were the ones who never drafted my account!!!)

This clown then proceeds to tell me there is no one else available to help me and customer service probably would not talk with me on the phone until I paid the $250.

I called back later and spoke with an ignorant woman named Eva. She refused to let me speak with a supervisor and even laughed at my request.

What has this world come too??

• Valerie Apr 29, 2008

After spending approximately 1 hour on the phone with customer reps who do not speak English well or were coached in how to not understand plain English I am completely mystified. All I wanted to do was to add my wife's account to the same internet payment system as I have for my two other accounts. This process apparently blew the reps mind. The first rep tried to tell me that I had to change the pay-or account facility. The second rep directed me to the web site twice and said that I had to set up a new account. The web site failed to accept the new information and then referred me back to the help line.

Suggestion for Barclays-use American/English speaking reps for American customers. The two dollars an hour more you would pay an American rep would result in a lot less pissed off customers and certainly would speed up the resolution of similar problem.

I w will avoid using this card from now on.

• Mo
    mohandoss Feb 26, 2008

Dear Sir,

I applied and submitted my document for persional loan in barclays bank in chennai.
    my requirement amount is one lacs.

they told 20% rate of intest for 48 months. i accepeted and i gave 9 cheques for my PL.

Yesterday i got a call from mumbai(022-[protected]) loan amount Sanctioned only 55 thousands rate of intrest 22% for 48 months. i am confusing for this matter.But i gave 9 cheques for one lac amounts.

after that i called to chennai pl division's people.they are not response my calls.

kindly take the action for my request.

persional loan division number(044- [protected]) contact person name charanya