Barclays Bank — Unfair practice for balance transfer
I had inherited this credit card because llbean changed visa providers. I noticed in my bill that they were offering a 2.99% interest rate for the life of the balance for any balance transfer. When I called, I specifically asked customer service rep about any hidden charges or fees I would incur by transferring a balnace. The answer was no. I asked this questions three times! All resulting in a no answer. The customer service rep, peter, told me that I did not have to use the checks enclosed in my bill and he would be more than happy to transfer the balance over the phone. Well, beware of the helpful customer service reps...
I received a 3% charge on my balance for the transfer. I immediately called and spoke to supervisor loita mcneal. Basically, her answer was we don't care that you are upset!
The kicker is that I didn't even request this card. I got stuck with it because its who llbean has decided to give their visa services to. So, after I check the fine print on the back of the statement, I will pay off the balance except for the 3% charge and only pay them monthly the smallest amount possible. Now, I will cost them money to maintain, in good standing my balance for their delightful charge for screwing me!
Angry in new jersey
More Barclays Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Barclays Bank Draft - Draft is original or not and send this name or not
- Barclay Card Us - Apple's unholy alliance
- Juniper Bank - Do not do business with these bank!
- Juniper Bank - Fraud and scam
- Barclays International Bank Of Th Uk - Is the message below true and what is the name of their fund transfer unit manager?
- Barclaycard - Apr charged
- Barclays Bank - Staff
- Barclay Bank - Charge to my account
- Barclays Bank - Unethical behaviour
- Barclays Credit Card - Outright lied to me