Having problems with Barclays Bank?

Barclays Bank Customer Service Contacts

+44 34 5734 5345 (Personal Banking - within UK)
+44 24 7684 2100 (Personal Banking - outside of UK)
+44 80 0085 1115 (Premier Banking - Existing Customer)
+44 80 0924 7365 (Premier Banking - New Customers)
+44 34 5605 2345 (Business Banking - Existing Customer)
+44 80 0015 4242 (Corporate Banking - within UK)
+44 16 0656 3191 (Corporate Banking - outside of UK)
1 Churchill Place
London, England, Greater London
United Kingdom - E145HP

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Barclays Bank Customer Service. Initial Barclays Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Barclays Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Barclays Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with Barclays Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Barclays Bank Complaints & Reviews

Barclay CardPoor customer service & receiving the amount

I’m the customer of Barclays in India (Nov. 2007 – till date), I m not using this card for my regular uses, I use this card only once and that the mistake i made in my life. Dont ever believe on the customer care people misguide you and never tell you the truth behind so-called customer care service. They offer me the medical insurance service through this card, when i told them that i don’t want they told me Do not worry if you canceled this then you Do not have to pay any single rupee. When i canceled that police within the month of period i inform them that i canceled that policy, they said ok no need the approach to Barclay the if you canceled that policy and you don’t have to pay any thing.

But after a month of period when i received the statement it showed that the amount is credited when i called up again they said don't worry you will received next month the corrected statement. In month of June i received the SMS that your card is suspended due to the outstanding When i approach again then again told me the same sentence that we will reverse that amount you will received the corrected statement.

But this is the September month the situation is same and they not doing any thing about my query but they are very particular to send the reminder SMS and reminder Recorded call. They also mention one number that is relation the dispute department. I tried that number so many time number never getting connected.

After the 10 month they are now saying the new thing that you not informed the Barclays card department for cancellation.

I required your suggestions and guideline to avoid the further complications

• Sh
      shaju Feb 03, 2009

I have also faced the worst issue from barclays bank
      Without my permission they deducted Rs.9000/-from my account for some barclays toru package .But I have given the complaint immediately to the banking ombudsman Reserve Bnak of India also given complaint directly to the barclays bank UK ombudseman so immediately the problem solved. If you are facing the problem like this after talking to the bank, approach directly to the Reserve Bnak of India or the particular bank ombudsman

Shaju Joseph

CHANDRA MOHAN MISHRA Dec 30, 2008

Card No. [protected] barclays

I’m the customer of Barclays in India (Since aprox one year), I m using this card for my regular uses, Dont ever believe on the customer care people misguide you and never tell you the truth behind so-called customer care service.

I am briefing you the whole story given below.

I got my statement dated 19-09-2008, the due date is 09-10-2008 Total outstanding is Rs. 968.82. I had droped a cheque for Rs. 500.00 on 01-10-2008 before the due date. I had received a SMS after the due date 09-10-2008 that they have not received the payments. I had talked to customer care of barclays he told me that i pay the minimum amount and if any late payment shows in the next statement then it will be reversed. They have given a complaint no. CAS-245399. I had paid again Rs. 500.00 on same date. Now when i received statement dated 18-10-2008 i have found that they have received both of the cheque on 17-10-2008 and 18-10-2008 where as they received the cheque before the given date. The total amount was due 968.82 of statement dated 19-09-2008 where as i paid 1000.00 ie, i had paid Rs. 31.18 extra according to me.

Again i had purchase of Rs, . 1025.55 and Rs. 127.5. Now the total Due amount is 1121.87 where as i had paid 1122.00.

Again i had received a statement dated 19-11-2008 i had purchased of Rs. 5400.00. I talked to customer care and mail to barclays and clearly told them that i am poaying minimum amount rs. 310.00 if you will reverse the late payment and it's interest then i will pay the balance amount.

But they are not responding of my mail. I had mailed so many times every time they were writing we will revert back to you within the 7 days.

Now the Statement dated 18-12-2008 i had calculated the amount. I had paid 5090.00 and 303.00. I had left the latepyament rs. 500.00 + it's interest . I have paid also the interest of the rs. 500+it's interest Aprox 25.00.

Now you will tell me how can i pay the late payment and its interest. Where as i have paid the interest of the Rs. 5400.00 + interest of the interest. I had dropped the cheque before the due date then why i will pay the late payment. This is not my fault. I think they are not collecting the cheque from the skypack drop box properly. will you tell me am i mad. i know that if i will not pay the minimum amount then late payment is eligible. But i had paid the more than the minimum amount before the due date then y i will pay the late payment.

I am total tense about it. If i ma fraud then y i will pay the balance amount. I know only that if i have purchased some thing by the card then it should be paid by me. They are harrasing me through the call because i have written that i will not pay the balance amount ie late payment or interest.

Please help me i am suffering from the tension and may be i will be caought by the depression.

Please help me Please.

I required your suggestions and guideline to avoid the further complications

Chandra Mohan Mishra

Thereeswaran Sep 28, 2008

The worst System and Service eversince I have heard is followed by Barclay Card. They ask me to make my payment through a cheque in the name of "Barclaycard PLC" and the CCno behind and to put in a rusted trash box like drop box situated in some petty shops in Chennai. Even though I made a payment which was reflected in my Bank account but was not accounted in Barclay's Card account. The very fine next day people from So called BarclayBank's customer service asks about the outstanding which i made. They irritated me to the core by calling more than 10 times a day followed by an SMS stating that i have not paid my due. Those person who asks me, never update what i tell in their system and so for every call i have to tell the whole story with proof.
      I also sent my bank statement through register post which clearly shows that i made my payment before due date to the Head Service team and customer care team which is in Mumbai followed by a email too.
      Till now I dint get any response from their side but could get irritating calls and SMS. After a long struggle I somehow made to understand an Collection executive about my issues. That fine Gentleman asked me to pay atleast the minimum due of Rs.150/- only then the Barclay Service team would consider my complaint. I then paid that amount that day itself through his representative. But it took another month now whereby i dint get any response from Barclaycard service team. I dont have words to describe more than this. Its easy for me to take them in Consumer Court with my valuable evidence which i gonna do it within few days.

Chnadra Prakash Sep 22, 2008

The worst services I ever seen . using Barclay Credit card was my first and the big mistake. I made the payment by cheque but till date the same has not been received by them. even i am getting on an average 3-4 calls per day from bombay. i am fed up with the srvices and want to surrender the card but not knowing the process. Even a fear is inside that if they will use ny surrender card then what I will do. Because THEY CAN DO ANYTHING...:(

eva Sep 21, 2008

Regarding your situation, when you tell the representative that you have cancelled the subscription then they would tell you not to worry about it, the service you mentioned is handled by a different partner. If you cancelled during that time it should be refunded to you, if you were having problems with that you would need to contact the partner to have them handle it.

Barclays Bank Credit CardHarrsement to the customer, bad behaviour of the customer service staff

Dear Sir,

I am your customer (Credit Card Number : [protected]) and have been a respected & privileged customer of not only your bank but also reputed bank Standard Chartered Bank, HDFC, ICICI to name a few which have been upgraded to Gold and Titanium for being a privileged customer.

My complaint are as follows :

I had received your bill for the period Jan- March 1, 2008 amounting to Rs. 20708/- . I had deposited the cheque into my nearby drop box - Gala Medical Stores, Mulund East on Friday, Feb 22, 2008 (this is where I have always been depositing my cheques which have been cleared). Though I was on my official tour, I never being a defaulter religiously deposited the cheque on Feb 22 (which was the last day of payment).

On Feb 23, I receive a call from your "RUDE " customer service staff "demanding that I pay the amount by cash". I being a patient customer, thought that if would be more meaningful and wise to speak to your bank instead of speaking to some "sleazy customer service staff who did not have the basic etiquette of talking to a privileged customer like me". ALSO, LET ME ALSO STATE THAT FEB 25 & 26, 2008 WAS A DECLARED BANK STRIKE ALL OVER INDIA.

I did call your bank staff on Feb 27, 2008 and spoke to Mr. Manish who was very cordial enough to assure me that the late payment charge would not be implied to me. I was very impressed.

BUT, to my dismay, I receive a bill dated March 1 to April 2, fining me Rs.300/- as “LATE INTEREST FEE, WITH AN EXTRA INTEREST OF Rs. 935.12). The funny part is that, they cleared my cheque and still sent me a late payment. When I called the customer service staff again, they AGAIN agreed me to reverse the payment. Me, again not to mention my “privileged status” paid the bill which was rightly due to me, amounting to Rs.191/- . YES, I REFUSED TO PAY THE UNETHICAL LATE FEE CHARGES INDUCED ON ME”

From then on the harassment began… Your customer service staff kept calling me “threatening me, using bad language”. They ALSO, sent me an SMS threatening me that they would inform the credit bureau to stop my other credit charges.

Now this is a limt… You have forced me to write this note. But this is not the end, I am forced to go to the PRESS and CONSUMER COURT for the classic harassment and mental torture you staff has put me through.

Best regards,

Ratan Palan
    Mobile NO : [protected]

Manoj Juggal May 16, 2011

(Manoj Juggal - Cell No. [protected]) I am getting call from your recovery staff since last more than 7 months about an unsetteled issue. I have been panalised by many rupees against which was due late credit of amount (due to Bank Strike) which was not in my control. I requested many times to your bank to remove excess charges, but regret to get any possitive reply and since than I realised that No one will care about customer. Since last two months I was getting calls again and was agreed to pay actual Principal amount which is almost 7235.00 but your staff (Nehru Place Brach) was asking for 9500.0 aprox. After our long debait on not giving excess amount and rash laguage used by one of the staff Mr. Ajay Singh, I have decided to not to pay any amount to BARCKLAYS.

• As
        Astatin Dec 04, 2010

For those are being approached by Barclays Bank Credit Card agents, BEWARE !

Back in July 2010, one of Barclays agent approached me and persuaded me to sign up for a platinum card - I've found out that he's provided me with several false information regarding the deal

First he told me that the butler service to the airport is FREE - As I'm a frequent traveller, I thought this would be useful - I later found out that I needed to pay DHS 100 for this ! - I confirmed this with the agent many times before signing up so this is not a question of my memory !

He also told me that I will be charged DHS 300 for the annual fees but this will then be credited back to my account if I were to spend DHS 100 in the first 60 days, which I did - it's been 5 months later and that has not happened so I called up the customer service line and they told me that there is no such deal !!!

I'm extremely unhappy about this - the agent is unprofessional and I can't believe that Barclays would hire such people who would lie to their customers just to get them to sign for credit cards to fullfill their quota !

I've dealt with manu international banks before and Barclays is by far the worst ! - VERY DISAPPOINTED !

• Bo
        boxFrontier Jul 23, 2010

Wow, what a joke of a bank. Barclays Bank's customer service department is by far THE worst I have encountered. I am surprised Frontier Airlines has not moved on to a different bank to administer the frequent flier credit card offer. The customer service at the bank is the worst I have ever experienced.

If I did not love Frontier Airlines and want the mileage credit I would have dumped Barclays Bank long ago.

Seriously, I do not understand how a company (Barcays) can stay in business with the poor customer service, lack of follow through, incompetent employees, not well-trained employees on their own products (e. g. stating they don't offer a "Pay Pass" credit card through Frontier Airlines, when they do!!!), weak supervisors, not calling back within 24 hours as they state a manager will do and managers not even aware of what the problem is.

This goes back to mid-May when I was sent a new credit card because I was "upgraded" to a better card. Two months later and nearly 30 phone calls and I don't have resolution and continue to get incompetent customer service employees who give me incorrect information and do not seem to care to fix the situation. Stay clear of getting one of these cards if you can help it. (I read the negative post by a person who "was roped" into one there at the Denver Airport.)

I am so disappointed in this product, Barclays Bank, any Barclays cards, especially the Frontier Airlines Barclays MasterCard, the incompetent call center they use in Manila, the uniformed bank customer service personnel in the U.S. who do not follow through and seem uninterested in helping, Frontier Airlines.

There are other better choices out there. Be aware - Mike

• Ba
        barclaysbankcreditcardsucks Apr 06, 2010

BARCLAYS BANK CREDIT CARD SUCKS!!! AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
        SO MUCH FOR THE BAILOUT MONEY TERMS!!

My mom applied for a Barclay card through Apple because she wanted to take advantage of the 12 month promo. What a nightmare!!! Had we known we would have just put the purchase on another card. My mom has a credit score of 780!! living in the same house which she owns for over 38 years!! working for the company my father owns for over 20 years!! never late on any of her payment!!
        After mailing in the copies of identification they requested, after faxing in copies, after answering ALL their questions, after getting approved and being told that she can just go online or call an Apple rep to place her order... which she did...she was told that now she would have to wait ANOTHER 3 DAYS!!! they need to get their heads out of their ###!! and frankly mom doesnt want to have anything to do with them especially after speaking with one of the Barclays Bank Security reps named MATT ( April 6, 2010 @12:51pm from NY) who was nothing more than an automaton.
        A cog in a machine who could not care less about my experience and the fact that for the last 3 weeks they have been raking my parents through the coals for a $2500 line of credit?

Your customer service skills suck MATT and you need a lesson on empathy!! but what can one expect... After all it all starts at the top.

If you want to give your hard earned money to a credit card company that sees you as a being nothing more than a digit... a number than Barclays is your Bank

• Um
        umeshkumar May 08, 2009

hi iam barclay bank credit card customer where i am using card for more than three years the collection people have insulted my total family for the payment which they have not received and they cheated by giving false statement and really launched a complaint against the bank to police.

• Be
        beverly Feb 27, 2009

I am on a Hate In with Barclays Bank. They are unreasonable and will not assist with a late charge given to me . They claim I was 1 day late ...I have always paid my bills on time and even very early. This particular check was sent in time. Do you think it was not opened in a timely fashion ..They will hear nothing and have charged me $29.00 on a $175.00 bill. The way things are now you would think they would want to help out a good customer . I am tearing up my card. Who needs them...POOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS...I am billing them for when I paid early.

• Je
        Jeff Jun 19, 2008

I had filled in a credit card application for Barclays bank twice and had provided my personal details and photocopies of ID. When I complained about it nothing was done and they ask for the same information I had provided. It looks like they haven't even read my mail!

Barclays Credit Card — Misselling of priority circle membership

I got a barclays credit card a a very fine day i was offered a premier league membership full of confusion...

Barclays — Barclay loan

I banked with Barclays since I was 18 for 18 years. No major problems until I took out a Barclays loan. They...

BarclaycardHarassment from collection agents

I am customer of Barclaycard and paid all the credit card dues on time. To my surprise, I got a SMS from Barclaycard on June 20th, saying I have crossed the credit limit and suggested me to pay the amount immediately. I immediately called up the customer care department of the Card and clarified that I have not done any transaction during that month and no dues are pending from me.

As per Barclayscard, in June 19th there were transactions worth Rs. 1, 55, 666.38 ( including Bank charges) where my credit limit was Rs. 1, 50, 000/-. Fact is none of these transactions were done by me and I do not have any clue on merchant mentioned by the Bank. Those transactions were foreign currency transactions and I was very much in India on that day.

I have called up Barclaycard many times and checked the status of these fraud transactions. They have informed me that they are inquiring about the incident and requested me to send a mail / letter to their Bank, which I have done. Also send them a mail and letter requesting them to cancel my card account since they do not have any security system in place to stop fraud transactions.

Now I am getting harassed by Barclaycard collection agents for making payment as per the statement. I am getting around 6 calls and SMS's from the Bank / Collection Agent. I have informed Bank about these calls and checked the status about fraud transactions. Inquiry is still going on and they do not have any update till now. Since I do not have any other dues with Card, I am not making any payment.

Request your help to stop these harassments from Barclaycard. Do I need to make a Police complaint against Barclaycard? Also request your suggestions to handle these kind of issues.

• Re
          Reviewer14984 Oct 26, 2015

I accumulated over 111000 miles on my barclaycard arrival card account. worth at least $1110 if redeemed for travel related purchases. the Bank decided that giving 2.2% on all purchases is to custy to them, so they closed my account and stole my rewards.

Sarfu Oct 14, 2011

I am sick of the Barclay card collection department. They have no ethics in business. They say one thing and do the other. Every month i pay the money through drop box. They do not collect the cheque on time and add late payment fee. In this way they have made over limit charges . Several STD calls i have to make every day. But no use. They keep disturbing ever day for the payment. Recently i complaint the customer care (Case No. 5362682) They said you inform the collection center with this reference number. Most surprising fact is that the credit card department cannot communicate with the collection department. I tried to contact senior officials . But they do not reply. Just sitting behind curtains. Most idiotic Bank I have ever seen. I want to close my account, but they are not helping me.
          If any responsible person happens to read this, please help me. I will be very greatful to you.

• Ra
          rameshdawar Nov 14, 2008

fraud bank not good reputation

• Su
          susan Oct 02, 2008

if you are a responsible person you would not need to contact your creditors. the fees and or charges are most likly things you have caused yourself and are unwilling to accept the issues you have brought on yourself.I am sorry I am old but have never had a creditor call me and have held 3 barclay cards myself for many many years. grow up and be responsible. sounds like you are playing the blame game, Barclay has very compitant employees.Unfortunatley they have to deal with people like you all day everyday.

• Ga
          Gaurav V. Jain Aug 10, 2008

Any one who holds the Barkley card appears to me a dumb fool and an idiot beyond match. This, Barclay Bank, is the worst Bank I have ever come across. My observations are as under:

1. They don't keep any information about there agents, and don't even verify their credentials. They have no control on their employees, what they say and what they sell. I came across two agents of bank who promised a Wrist Watch with this card, only to learn that no such offer exists. Later when I complaint to the Bank, they say they don't know about these agents, they were not surprised and never considered it important to cross-check. I personally know atleast 250 such persons who were trapped by this bank. Definitely it was a ploy to increase banks customer base.

2. They will send billing information at several places- your email, sms, and hard-copy. Some times they won't send it at all places and thus will delibrately confuse you and charge you with late payment fees. This is the way they make money for their bank.

3. Worst customer care department I have ever come across. They have placed foolish and ignorant persons at help desk.

4. Worst Organisational setup. There customer care department, marketing and sales department, bill generation department, etc. do not have any communication across themselves. I have been offered half-a-dozen cards even though I have a card of this bank. And those who call appear so blank that I have card. When they ask for my bill payments, and when I enquire about my complaints, they again start appearing like foolish ducks. They don't keep track of your earlier emails and each time ask for email confirmation.

5. Delibrately use fake email address to respond. They will respond from some fake email address belonging to sparshindia.com, that is no where linked with Barclays.

6. They call at my cell-phone requesting for payments of someone else.

And so I say that any one who holds the Barkley card appears to be dumb fool and an idiot beyond match.

Barclay Credit CardWorst service

They just send the card and never the statement and increase the money every month... no one in Barclay to listen... I have written so many mails... but no response till date... when I called the gurgaon no [protected] no one care to pick the calls...

Anybody here listen the problem... guys beware of Barclay cards...

• Dm
            D. McMillen Aug 17, 2009

I was told that if I signed up for a credit card I would be given one free flight upon activation.

This NEVER happened. Do not sign up for this card. We have had nothing but problems with it. They did not honor their offers and they do not post payments on time if you pay electronically.

• Ro
            rog Mar 31, 2009

Barclay is THE worst credit card company I have ever dealt with, PERIOD!! stay away from this company, they are criminal in their actions. I paid by phone and even got a e-mail confirmation saying the payment west through then I got hit with late fees etc.. I ended up closing my account and losing my frontier mileage. But that is another entire bait and switch scam they do with frontier, they have made it so incredibly difficult to redeem your miles that you sit on them and pay a 50.00 a year fee, it ends up you never get a free airline ticket you just get screwed by this company!!

• Gr
            Greg Nov 08, 2008

I've had huge problems with this company. Don't get their cards! I've been on hold for over 1/2 an hour trying to cancel my card. I was just talking to an account manager and they said they had to "transfer me". I suspect this is a phone loop with no one at the other end.

• Ka
            Kat Oct 02, 2008

I applied for a Barclay card in June, which was apparently approved, and then a card was sent to me. I never activated it b/c I've heard some bad things about the offer being deceptive. It was a Frontier card. I started getting late fee's on top of the annual fee. I have not activated or charged a thing on the card, yet I owe over 100 dollars now. I called them to explain that I didn't realize I owed anything since I had not even activated the card, and my concerns about them giving misleading information. Apparently, they do not care, and pretty much have the attitude that "it's your problem-not theirs". It appears that when you apply, you are agreeing to pay the yearly fee and ALL LATE FEES if you are approved, rather you do or do not choose to activate the card. They do not care. When I called, I was transfered several times, they were rude, disrespectful, and obviously just out to get (your) money. BEWARE. They except no responsibility for misleading the public.
            I have very little, if any, trust in them now.

• Br
            Brabin G Dhas Sep 14, 2008

I had applied Barclay Card & received also. After that I had purchased household item and made that pymt to put in EMI. Now my problem is Iam not receiving any bills till now.I havent received even a single bill, but I had called to Customer Care and Informed the complaint but they said thay will raise Complaint regarding this and send thru mail and within 1week they will send the hard copy. But I havent receive. So kindly take this issue as your problem and solve my problem.
            Contact No - 00 91 [protected]
            Alternate No - 00 91 [protected]

ThanX & Regards

Brabin G Dhas

• Ca
            Carol Aug 20, 2008

They decided to reverse the payment I sent them saying that I posted my online banking information incorrectly. Of course they can not provide proof of my so called error. This in turn caused a late payment, over limit fee AND increased my 9.99% interest rate to 20.99%. They told me I had to fax a letter to them and someone would contact me from
            THE EXECUTIVE OFFICES! I havesent the fax 6 times and still no return call.

Juniper Bank — Reduced credit limit

I was given an initial credit limit of $1750.00, when I received my card. I got a letter saying that after a...

Barclay BankIssue regarding barclay creditcard amount

I am holding this card for last 11 months and started using it few months back only. This is to inform you that I am not getting any statement regarding my Credit Card but daily getting 20 calls from your collection department and each time i am confirming my email id on demand but till now I have not received a single statement. Now a days, these daily calls are affecting my professional as well as my personal life. So I don't want to use this Barclaycard anymore.

I want to pay the entire amount which I have spend through my credit card (Except the interest amount and late payment fee), as I am not getting any statement from Bank. Regarding this issue I have spoken to customer care several times and updated the same address (as registered in your Dtatabase).I have asked many times to customer care executive to provide me the request number, but they refused each time by saying that they will execute the request as soon as possible.

S.A.B. Jul 25, 2009

I just love the Internet!!!

Got the same scam in my email a few days ago. Same Check details, only the Name, Amount and Date were changed...
              (Minor Photoshop note: The Date line had a break in it. LMAOOOOOOOOOO)

Hope the image attachment goes through...

-SAB

• Ba
              badguy0000000 Jul 19, 2009

100000000000000000000000000% scam!!!

• Yo
              yogesh Jagdishchandra Jul 16, 2009

please sir
              i requasted to you . My draft no. is [protected] [protected] [protected] : 011 my name is mr Jagdishchandra Patel. so pls give me a information this draft is original or not. from india

• Ro
              Ronnie Apr 21, 2009

This is a scam, but surely you know that already right??

If not, then you are an idiot.

Best regards,

The Manager
              Braclays Bank,
              United Kingdom.

Dear Sir,

Sub: Regarding Confirmation of your Drfat.

My name is Ajay Kumar lived in India at Amritsar, I had recevied a mail from Yahoo/msn lottery that is "you had won the prize money of 1000000/- pound And Sterling". They informed me to pay Rs.300/- pounds for receving the documents from them. I told them without seeing my document I can't pay the money. Then they send me scanned copy of Barclays Banks Draft through mail. The scanned copy details Draft.No.: "[protected]" ':[protected]: [protected]: 011' at the top [protected] with, Certified Bank Draft, Date 11/04/2009, Pay Ajay Kumar. The sum of one million pounds/- with for seal FOR BARCLAYS BANK with Director's Sign. and Currency operations dully signed, with 08020, Bank Draft as like your formate.

I request you please clarify me that scanned copy of your bank Draft is valid or not. Please inform to me your mail ID, I will sent copy of your Draft for your verification.

Sorry for the inconvenience Cost. Please reply immediately.

Warm Regards

The Manager
              Braclays Bank,
              United Kingdom.

Dear Sir,

Sub: Regarding Confirmation of your Drfat.

My name is S.Sivasubramanian lived in India at Chennai, I had recevied a mail from Euro Million Award Team that is "you had won the prize money of 750000/- pound And Sterling". They informed me to pay Rs.50000/- for receving the documents from them. I told them without seeing my document I can't pay the money. Then they send me scanned copy of Barclays Banks Draft through mail. The scanned copy details Draft.No.: "[protected]" ':[protected]: [protected]: 011' at the top [protected] with, Certified Bank Draft, Date 26/10/2008, Pay S.Sivasubramanian. The Sum of Seven hundred and fifty thousand pounds sterling only/- with for seal FOR BARCLAYS BANK with Director's Sign. and Currency operations dully signed, with 08020, Bank Draft as like your formate.

Sorry for the inconvenience Cost. Please reply immediately.

Warm Regards
              S Sivasubramanian
              Mobile No.: [protected]

• Mo
              Moin Aug 19, 2008

Loading email preview, please wait...

From: barclays bank online plc <[email protected]>
              4 Sep 07 03:03 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FOR FUNDS TRANSFER REQUEST
              Open in a new window

Show Headers

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FOR FUNDS TRANSFER REQUEST

Dear Valued Customer,

Welcome to Barclays BANK Plc (B.B. Plc). One of the most efficient commercial bank in the UK. Our international transfer Unit, to which links you to us, is strictly under the international law governing international transfer.

I am Mr. Oliver Leeds, The international transfer manager of the Barclays BANK Plc and the transfer officer designated for your funds transfer.

LOTTERY INFORMATION.

Amount Won: _________________

Name Of Your Claims Agent: _______________

Scanned Copy Of Your International Passport/Driver's License__________________

Country At Present_________________________________

This is to confirm the authenticity of your claim!!

On receipt of the information, you shall be educated on the process
              mastered to facilitate this transaction in the earliest.
              Tel:+[protected]
              Proud sponsors of the Barclays Premier League

OFFERS FROM Barclays BANK PLC UK.
              Home internet online transfer
              Alternative methods of payment
              Standard Account Service
              Foreign Currency Drafts
              Company or Personal Cheques
              ===============================================================

Copyright © 2007 Barclays BANK Plc.
              CONFIDENTIAL FROM Barclays BANK PLC.
              Chief Accountant/Account Director.
              CC: GENERAL MANAGER (B.B Plc).

________________________________________
              For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit Yahoo! For Good this month.

From: "m o i n" <[email protected]>

Scan For Virus with F-Secure

________________________________________

Show Attachment(s)
              Show Headers

Note: To help protect your privacy, images from this message have been blocked.View images | What is this?

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 10:35:00 +0100 (BST) BARCLAYS BANK ONLINE PLC wrote
              Barclays Bank PLC. Registered in England. Registered No: 1026167.Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP. Proud sponsors of the Barclays Premier League ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FOR FUNDS TRANSFER REQUEST Dear Valued Customer, Welcome to Barclays BANK
              Plc (B.B. Plc). One of the most efficient commercial bank in the UK. Our international transfer Unit, to which links you to us, is strictly under the international law governing international transfer. I am Mr. Oliver Leeds, The international transfer manager of the Barclays BANK
              Plc and the transfer officer designated for your funds transfer. The account of which its details and ownership has been reinstated in your name shall be released to you in the earliest. To further the transactions, you are to produce the below requested information as soon as possible.
              LOTTERY INFORMATION.
              Names: __________ Mobile Phone Number: __________ Fax Number If Available: ______________ Lottery Ref Number: _________________ Amount Won: _________________ Name Of Your Claims Agent:
              _______________ Scanned Copy Of Your International Passport/Driver's License__________________ Country At Present_________________________________ This is to confirm the authenticity of your claim!! On receipt of the information, you shall be educated on the process mastered to facilitate this transaction in the earliest.
              Proud sponsors of the Barclays Premier League Yours faithfullyMr. Oliver Leeds, Co- Head Inward Tel:+[protected]-2456Chief Accountant/Account Director.CC: GENERAL MANAGER (B.B. Plc). Proud sponsors of the Barclays Premier League OFFERS FROM Barclays BANK PLC UK.===============================================================Home internet ==============================================================Alternative methods of payment===============================================================Standard Account
              Service===============================================================Foreign Currency Drafts===============================================================Company or Personal Cheques=============================================================== Copyright © 2007 Barclays BANK Plc._____________________________________________________________________________________CONFIDENTIAL FROM Barclays BANK PLC.This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent Responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is Prohibited.Yours faithfullyMr. Oliver Leeds, Co- Head InwardChief Accountant/Account Director.CC: GENERAL MANAGER (B.B Plc). Barclays Bank
              PLC . Registered in England. Registered No : 1026167.Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP. Barclays Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority Proud sponsors of the Barclays Premier League

For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit Yahoo! For Good this month.

DEAR VALUED CUSTOMER MD. MOINUL HAQ,
              You are welcome to Barclays Bank PLC. The payment Bank for BRITISH LOTTERY COMPANY. We are pleased to be at your service. We are Regulated and Stipulated by the Financial Service Authority (FSA), the financial institutions that govern all financial activities in the United Kingdom. Futher more nothing will be dedouting from your winnings because its fully covered by the british lottery board before depositing the winning fund under the Barclays Bank PLC below is the cost of Re-activation fees which you must pay in other to make the transfer to any of your account in your country.

In receipt to the transferring of your funds worth the sum of £1, 500.00.00(One million Five Hundred Thousand Pounds Sterling) (This funds was said to be a winning funds drawn by the BRITISH LOTTERY COMPANY.) so congratulations. As per your question, The funds is expected to be transferred to your country, you cannot keep the funds in our Bank as a current account because you contacted us for the transferring of your funds, so the funds is said to be a transferring funds. In every successful transfer of funds especially in this regards, it is an essentiality that you activate a premium account with the bank that can accommodate and transfer such an amount of money. Transferring the Sum of £1, 500.00.00 GBP here in the United Kingdom. need utmost care and confidentiality at course of transferring the funds. So you need to be guarded with policy and rules regarding the transfer. By so doing, you are expected to act in accordance to the policy here.

So, to commence with the transferring of your funds, you are expected to re-activate a Premium account for the transfer. The cost of activating a Premium account is (400.00 GBP = 32, 700 INR ) (Four Hundred Great Britain Pounds Sterling) which will be added to your account balance. After the activation of an account and the confirmation of your payment with our account manager, You will ask to send your account details for the transfering your winning fund.

BANK ACCOUNT:
              ACCOUNT NAME:
              BANK NAME:
              SWIFT CODE:
              TYPE OF ACCOUNT:
              BANK CONTACT ADDRESS:
              VALIED CONTACT PHONE NUMBER:

So if you are ready to make the payment of (400.00 GBP = 32, 700 INR ) for the cost of transferring your winning funds to any of your desire/nominated bank account in your country, you are expected to notify this office for the payment details so that it will be sent to you as soon as possible in other to make the transfer of your winning (1, 500.000.00 GBP ) to your bank account in your country.

Phone:+[protected]
              Proud sponsors of the Barclays Premier League

(400.00 GBP = 32, 700 INR ) (Four Hundred Great Britain Pounds Sterling)

IN WHICH ACCOUNT SHALL I TRNSFR THIS AMOUNT CLEAR MY DOUBT

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 09:13:05 +0100 (BST) BARCLAYS BANK ONLINE PLC wrote
              IN BB TO THE TRANSFER OF FUNDS (WINNING FUNDS) FROM THE BRITISH LOTTERY COMPANY. DEAR VALUED CUSTOMER MD.
              MOINUL HAQ, You are welcome to Barclays Bank PLC. The payment Bank for BRITISH LOTTERY COMPANY. We are pleased to be at your service. We are Regulated and Stipulated by the Financial Service Authority (FSA), the financial institutions that govern all financial activities in the United Kingdom. Futher more nothing will be dedouting from your winnings because its fully covered by the british lottery board before depositing the winning fund under the Barclays Bank PLC below is the cost of Re-activation fees which you must pay in other to make the
              transfer to any of your account in your country. In receipt to the transferring of your funds worth the sum of £1, 500.00.00(One million Five Hundred Thousand Pounds Sterling) (This funds was said to be a winning funds drawn by the BRITISH LOTTERY COMPANY.) so congratulations. As per your question, The funds is expected to be transferred to your country, you cannot keep the funds in our Bank as a current
              account because you contacted us for the transferring of your funds, so the funds is said to be a transferring funds. In every successful transfer of funds especially in this regards, it is an essentiality that you activate a premium account with the bank that can accommodate and transfer such an amount of money. Transferring the Sum of £1, 500.00.00 GBP here in the United Kingdom. need utmost care and confidentiality at course of transferring the funds. So you need to be guarded with policy and rules regarding the transfer. By so doing, you are expected to act in accordance to the policy here. So, to commence with the transferring of your funds, you are expected to re-activate a Premium account for the transfer. The cost of activating a Premium account is (400.00 GBP = 32, 700 INR ) (Four Hundred Great Britain Pounds Sterling) which will be added to your account balance.
              After the activation of an account and the confirmation of your payment with our account manager, You will ask to send your account details for the transfering your winning fund. Your Fund (£ 1, 500.000.00 )Will Made As Below
              Information Within 24 Hours After Your Re-activation Payment BANK ACCOUNT:ACCOUNT NAME:BANK NAME: SWIFT CODE:TYPE OF ACCOUNT:BANK CONTACT ADDRESS: VALIED CONTACT PHONE NUMBER: So if you
              are ready to make the payment of (400.00 GBP = 32, 700 INR ) for the cost of transferring your winning funds to any of your desire/nominated bank account in your country, you are expected to notify this office for the payment details so that it will be sent to you as soon as possible in other to make the transfer of your winning (1, 500.000.00 GBP ) to your bank account in your country. Barclays Bank PLC London, is committed to rendering qualitative services to you, Also you are advice to send us a scanned copy of your driver's license or your international passport for final verification.Your urgent reply will be most welcome.Treat with dispatch and reply to our official email address above. We look forward to serving you better. Yours faithfullyMr. Oliver Leeds, Co- Head Inward Phone:+[protected]-2456Chief
              Accountant/Account Director.CC: GENERAL MANAGER (B.B. Plc). Proud sponsors of the Barclays Premier League ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CONFIDENTIAL Barclays Bank PLC This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential And intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to Whom they are addressed. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than The intended recipient, or an employee or agent Responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is Prohibited. Barclays Bank PLC. Registered in England. Registered No: 1026167. Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP. Barclays Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Barclays Bank PLC adheres to the principles of the Banking Code. A copy of the Code is available on request.
              "The Woolwich" and "Woolwich" are trading names of Barclays Bank PLC. The insurer of this policy is Gresham Insurance Company Limited. Proud sponsors of the Barclays Premiership Barclays Bank PLC . Registered in England. Registered No : 1026167.Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP. Barclays Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Email:[email protected] Proud sponsors of the Barclays Premier League

BARCLAYS BANK PAYMENT INFORMATION TO YOU MD. MOINUL HAQ

Dear Valued Customer MD. MOINUL HAQ,
              This BANK is in receipt of your mail about re-activation payment that you should effect soon as possible.We wish to informed you to carry-out the payment of (400.00 =32, 700 INR ) pounds with our I.C.I.C.I BANK account in your country as soon as you get this mail and you will also give a call to this office after you must have affect this payment in other to make a transfer of your winning fund to your Bank Account after confirming your payment with our account manager in your country.

1 SCAN COPY OF PAYMENT SLIP:______________
              2.TOTAL AMOUNT SEND:_____________________
              3. SENDER'S NAME:_________________________
              4.SENDER'S COUNTRY:_______________________

Below Is Our Account Information In India.

ACCOUNT NAME: MOHAMED RAFIQUE SHAIKH

ACCOUNT NUMBER: [protected]

BANK NAME: I.C.I.C.I BANK

Futhermore, After you must have sent in your payment and all the information needed for proper verification of your payment, you shall send the following to this office and Untill our account manager in your country confirm your payment, the below banking details of your account will not be valid and the bank will not affect any transfer of your winning fund to the below account information because your account is under Domant/Suspention, meaning the above mentioned re-activation fees of 32, 700 INR must be recived by you before any transfer can take place in your banking details, I hope you are well understand all the points.

So carryout this payment as soon as you get this mail and get back to this BANK with the scan copy of your payment slip. Without the full payment of 400.00 GBP=32, 700 INR informations from your end, this bank will not be making any transfer to your account details not until our account manager in your country veriy your payment within 1hour after you must have made the payment and also contact this BANK with the payment information. After making the payment and send back the payment details to this BANK, your winning fund will be transferd under the below information which the BANK needed for transfering of your winning fund to your desire bank account in your country.
              BANK ACCOUNT:
              ACCOUNT NAME:
              BANK NAME:
              SWIFT CODE:
              TYPE OF ACCOUNT:
              BANK CONTACT ADDRESS:
              VALIED CONTACT PHONE NUMBER:

Your account will be re-activate after the BANK ACCOUNT MANAGER in your country must have confirm your payment and it will commence with the transferring of ( £ 1, 500.000.00 ONE MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND GREAT BRITAIN POUNDS STERLING ) to your desired BANK account in your country. Inaddition, you have been advise to use the information given to you to affect this payment and also kindly use any I.C.I.C.I BANK closer to you to effect this payment in other for the BARCLAYS BANK ACCOUNT MANAGER to access your mode of payment within 1 hour after you must have been provided to us the payment information.

BARCLAYS BANK PLC London, is committed to rendering qualitative services to you, Also you are advice to send us a scanned copy of the payment slip.Your urgent reply will be most welcome.Treat with dispatch and reply to our official email address above. We look forward to serving you better.

Tel:+[protected]

CONFIDENTIAL Barclays Bank PLC.

Proud sponsors of the Barclays Premiership

GOOD MORNING SIR,
              I RECEIVE U R MAIL AND CATCH AL THE POINTS U MENTION THEIR ACTIVATION CHARGES REFUNDED OR ADD TO MY WINING AMOUNT I THANKS FOR THAT . I HUMBLE REQUEST TO YOU THAT PLEASE PLEASE ... FRWD THAT WINING AMOUNT AT THE SAME MOMENTS I FRWD TO U THE THAT ONE AMOUNT TO U R GIVEING ACCOUNT NUMBER PLEASE TRUST ME MY ECONOMY CONDITION IS NOT SO GOOD PLEASE COPERATE WITH ME .

I WATING FOR U R REPLY THNKS

U R TRULY FRND MOIN

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:34:30 +0100 (BST) BARCLAYS BANK ONLINE PLC wrote
              Barclays Bank PLC. Registered in England. Registered No: 1026167.Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP. BARCLAYS BANK PAYMENT INFORMATION TO YOU MD. MOINUL HAQ Dear Valued Customer MD. MOINUL HAQ, This BANK is in receipt of your mail about re-activation payment that you should effect soon as possible.We wish to informed you to carry-out the payment of (400.00 =32, 700 INR ) pounds with our I.C.I.C.I BANK account in your country as soon as you get this mail and you will also give a call to this office after you must have affect this payment in other to make a transfer of your winning fund to your Bank Account after confirming your payment with our account manager in your
              country. Below are the information and our I.C.I.C.I BANK account in your country you have to use any I.C.I.C.I BANK closer to you for this payment and after the payment you must send to this BANK a scan copy of the payment slip and the below information's as well. 400.00 GBP = (800.00 USD) =(32, 700.00 INR) 1 SCAN COPY OF PAYMENT SLIP:______________ 2.TOTAL AMOUNT
              SEND:_____________________ 3. SENDER'S NAME:_________________________ 4.SENDER'S COUNTRY:_______________________ Below Is Our Account Information In India. ACCOUNT NAME: MOHAMED RAFIQUE SHAIKH ACCOUNT NUMBER: [protected] BANK NAME: I.C.I.C.I BANK
              After you must have made this payment of £400.00 GBP (FOUR HUNDRED GREAT BRITAIN POUNDS STERLING ), you should notify this office immediately with the scan copy of your payment slip and You have been advise to call this office after you must have made this payment and also send the required information to the BANK as well. Futhermore, After you must have sent in your payment and all the information needed for proper verification of your payment, you shall send the following to this office and Untill our account manager
              in your country confirm your payment, the below banking details of your account will not be valid and the bank will not affect any transfer of your winning fund to the below account information because your account is under Domant/Suspention, meaning the above mentioned re-activation fees of 32, 700 INR must be recived by you before any transfer can take place in your banking details, I hope you are well understand all the points. So carryout this payment as soon as you get this mail and get back to this BANK with the scan copy of your payment slip. Without the full payment of 400.00 GBP=32, 700 INR informations from your end, this bank will not be making any transfer to your
              account details not until our account manager in your country veriy your payment within 1hour after you must have made the payment and also contact this BANK with the payment information. After making the payment and send back the payment details to this BANK, your winning fund will be transferd under the below information which the BANK needed for transfering of your winning fund to your desire bank account in your country. Your Fund (£ 1, 500.000.00 )Will Made As Below Information Within 24 Hours After Your Re-activation Payment BANK ACCOUNT:ACCOUNT NAME:BANK NAME: SWIFT CODE:TYPE OF ACCOUNT:BANK CONTACT ADDRESS: VALIED CONTACT PHONE NUMBER:
              NOTE:That the amount you are paying will also be added to your winning fund if you have re-activate the account with the same total amount, your account will be active within 24Hurs after confirmation of your payment by the our BANK account manager in your country today or first thing tomorrow morning. Your account will be re-activate after the BANK ACCOUNT MANAGER in your country must have confirm your payment and it will commence with the transferring of ( £ 1, 500.000.00 ONE MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND GREAT BRITAIN POUNDS STERLING ) to your desired BANK account in your country.
              Inaddition, you have been advise to use the information given to you to affect this payment and also kindly use any I.C.I.C.I BANK closer to you to effect this payment in other for the BARCLAYS BANK ACCOUNT MANAGER to access your mode of payment within 1 hour after you must have been provided to us the payment information. BARCLAYS BANK PLC London, is committed to rendering qualitative services to you, Also you are advice to send us a scanned copy of the payment slip.Your urgent reply will be most
              welcome.Treat with dispatch and reply to our official email address above. We look forward to serving you better. Yours faithfullyMr. Oliver Leeds, Co- Head InwardChief Accountant/Account Director.CC: GENERAL MANAGER (B.B. Plc). Tel:+[protected] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CONFIDENTIAL Barclays Bank PLC. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential And intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to Whom they are
              addressed. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than The intended recipient, or an employee or agent Responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is Prohibited. Barclays Bank PLC. Registered in England. Registered No: 1026167. Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP. Barclays Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Barclays Bank PLC adheres to the principles of the Banking Code. A copy of the Code is available on request. "The Woolwich" and "Woolwich" are trading names of Barclays Bank PLC. The insurer of this policy is Gresham Insurance Company Limited. Proud sponsors of the Barclays Premiership Barclays Bank PLC . Registered in England. Registered No : 1026167.Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP. Barclays Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority

E-mail:[email protected]
              Proud sponsors of the Barclays Premier League

IN BB TO THE TRANSFER OF FUNDS (WINNING FUNDS) FROM THE BRITISH LOTTERY COMPANY .

DEAR VALUED CUSTOMER MD. MOINUL HAQ,
              This Bank are in receipt of your mail. Your winning fund was deposited in this bank under DOMANT ACCOUNT/SUSPESION FROM THE BRITISH LOTTERY COMPANY and any account on such transfer must be re-activated before it may finally transferd to the normal account.And please for your information do not disclose your winning to any one to avoide double claims of your winning fund because BARCLAYS BANK will not be in any way to making refund payment to any one who allowed some one else to clam his/her winnings please you are warned.Inaddition, your fund will not be deduct or remove from your winnings you must make the re-activation payment of (400.00 GBP = 32, 700 INR ) and it will also be added to your account balance after the re-activation payment from you.

Futhermore, your winning fund can not be deducted from your winning because from the BRITISH LOTTERY AWARD stated that nothing should remove or dedouct from the winner's account untill its finally transfer to the winner's account and before it will transfer to your account, you must make the re-activation payment of the said amount which you were ask to make the payment information provided for you in the previous mails.

Your mail regarding the pament information/process is duly waitting in this office in other to carryout the transfer of your winning fund of (1, 500.000.00 GBP ) to your desire Bank Account in your country.kindly mail back to this bank after making the payment of your re-activation fees because all your BANKING details are already stored at the COMPUTER DATE BASE inother to make the transfer of your winnings to your nominated bank account in your country as soon as possible, your winning fund will not be transfered to your account untill we confirm your re-activation payment with the scan copy and other information of your payment and you have a limited time to claim your winning price or it will take back to the lottery company for the next eddition of the program in the year 2008.

So, to commence with the transferring of your funds, you are expected to re-activate a Premium account for the transfer. The cost of activating a Premium account is (400.00 GBP = 32, 700 INR ) (Four Hundred Great Britain Pounds Sterling) which will be added to your account balance. After the re-activation of an account and the confirmation of your payment with our account manager in your country.Because after the verification of your payment, your winning fund will be transferd to any of your desire/nominated bank account in your country. Goahead with the payment as soon as possible and send the scan copy of your payment slip as soon as possible.

Kindly Send The Below Informations
              Account Name:
              Bank Name:
              Account Type:
              Bank Contact Address:

Phone:+[protected]

Proud sponsors of the Barclays Premiership

Proud sponsors of the Barclays Premier League

THIS ALL MAIL RECEIVED FROM U R BANK BUT STILL NO RESPONSE FROM U R SIDE IF ITS ANY CHANCE SO FRWD TO ME THE AMOUNT OTHERWISE NO MAIL FRWD TO ME THIS KIND OF MAILS TO ME.

Barclay CardCheating customers & not providing correct information

I am using a barclay card for Rs.1500/- next month i received bill for that. I drop the cheque in the dropbox for full amount, after few day i received call from collecting agent and asking for payment, i immediately call service center inform everything and ask for complaint no. They told complaint is registered but there is no reference no. in the meantime collection agent come and collect Rs.150/- for minimum amount, next month i received a bill for late fee & interest for Rs.625/-, i am using Rs 1500, i am pay extra amount of Rs. 775/-.

Now i decide to cancel the service, so i write a cancellation letter to the bank along with cheque (full amount), and like to send it through register post for proof, at the time i found there is no full postal address mentioned in the bill, they provide only PO box. no., i called service center they told there is no separate address u send only to PO box address.

There is no proof for sending payment. They are very professional to cheat there customer.

eva Sep 21, 2008

The customer service site is provided so that you don't have to rely on the post for payments to be recieved. If you make your payments at the site it's counted as an on time payment as long as it's made before the cut off time. You also recieve a reference # so that if something does happen you have proof of your payment.

• Am
                Amit Jain Sep 02, 2008

Why don't you make your payment online through bill desk?
                You shall get immediate confirmation.

• Me
                mehul kakkad Aug 09, 2008

Dear sir,

i have applied to BARCLAYCARD, MY REF NO IS [protected], still i have not received my BARCLAYCARD, so please check my status and reply me as early as possibale

mehul kakkad

Barclays BankLiars

While on a business trip I was approached by a young fellow touting a free one way fare on Airtran for just taking out an Airtran card. He assured me no strings attached. He asked me if I wanted to add a magazine subscription and I said absolutely not.

Not only did I not get my free air fare but the little *** included a mag subscription to a sports magazine. I called Airtran and raised holy cane and got the free trip but Barclay people say I have to write a letter disputing the magazine charge. I told the rep I was not spending a minute more of my time on this matter and to have a supervisor call me. This is a good potential for a class action as I know others were lied to if I was.

thinakar Jul 03, 2009

I cancelled my Barclays -US air credit card within a month I received it. US Air support number says, my account is closed and I owe nothing.

US Air gave me this card through Barclays bank. I think they have to sort it out with US Air, why they are asking client to call.

Barclays Bank claims there was a balance of 87 cents and it grew up to 87 dollars with interest and fine over the period of one year.

So, I owe them money.

I think these people are either cheats or they delegate their ideas to collection agency with a false or cooked up number. perhaps 7 out of 10 would pay out of fear that their credit history will go bad. The collection agency that the bank delegates does not care. Their job is to collect. Perhpaps both these guys work hand in hand.

These guys are cut throat thugs, both the bank and collection agency.

thinakar Jul 03, 2009

Dude, it is a spam. send a letter asking them for details. I got caught. I am asking for explanation, in writing through mail.

• Bk
                  B.KISHOR KUMAR Aug 08, 2008

BARCLAY BANK CREDIT CARD - very worst service in india

still i have not recieved anyreversal & any reply from barclays credit card department after requesting them by mails & phone calls

hi barclay,

harassment calls from barclays credit card payment customer service in india from mumbai i recorded the conversation also.i & my family are very much disturbed by this phone calls .

On droppping a my cheque in favour of Barclays Bank PLC, at gangadeshwaram koil street chennai drop box on 26-04-2008. After dropping the Cheque well before the due date bank is continuously sending the statement demanding the Late Fee, tax and Interest. After dropping the cheque how can customer come to know about the cheque? he can know only when his/her account has debited. I had talked to Barclays payment persons many times and customer care also but no body is willing to give some kind of help.

NO ATM CENTRE IN MY CITY
                  NO BARCLAY BANK IN MY CITY
                  TOLL FREE CUSTOMERCARE NUMBER IS NOT WORKING
                  EVEN I TRIED YOUR OTHER CUSTOMERCARE NUMBERS ALSO THEY NOT AT ALL ATTENDING MY CALLS FOR A LONG & I WASTED A LOT OF AMOUNT FOR THAT STD CHARGES
                  Barclaycard bills online IS NOT TIE UP WITH MY BANK ACCOUNT
                  CASH COLLECTION EXECUTIVES ARE NOT COMING.

I HAVE ONLY ONE OPTION WHERE I CAN PAY MY BILL AMOUNT IS CHEQUE DROP BOX

PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING THIS ISSUE

B.KISHOR KUMAR
                  india
                  chennai
                  tamil nadu

Barclays Bank Pune, India — No any acknowledgment of my application

Barclays bank's executive came to me and i filled the application for the Credit cart a month back. I...

Barclays BankBe careful

The Barclays card customer reps have given me nightmares for the last two months. I have failed to understand the whole reason of a customer care centre for Barclays card India.

The whole issue started when I saw a late payment fees being charged against my card even though I had dropped my cheque for the due amount well within the due date. I had a horrible time making the customer representative understand the situation. After a dozen number of calls, the only response I got was they have no authority to reverse my late payment fees. I would like to warn all Barclays card user to be utterly cautious of this "Barclays Card».

• Ka
                    Kamlesh Tiwari Jun 24, 2009

This is to inform u that i have one complain against ur bank...for last one month iam suffering for my ATM PIN...and i had already complain for the same but every guy of your's team give me only complain number nothing more ...ok This is not a good thing So, Plz provide me my ATM PIN ...

This is my last complain against u and i hope u guys give me a possitive response... either i had closed my account in your's bank

Plz note down my contact number & mail ID [protected]/[protected]
                    [email protected] - i'll wait for ur call or mail
                    KAMLESH TIWARI

• Be
                    Berin Magesh Jun 10, 2009

Hi,

This is Berin Magesh Raja, I am barclays credit card holder.
                    My card no is : [protected].
                    I have been dropped one TMB (Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank) cheque in Crosscut road, TR Collection, Coimbatore.
                    Cheque amount is 9500 rs .
                    Afterthat i got call from your customer care officer ( Saravanan from madras ), they told that your amount not credited .
                    Then finally they sent a person and recieved the amount 9500/- from me.
                    I got totally upset, when i saw thay May 09 statement, mentioned 650/- for late payment.
                    i alredy paid 9500 rs, then why ihave to pay the late payment.
                    Then, i tried to reach chennnai customer care person Mr saravan, but not able to catch him .
                    Please consider this problem, my request you to reconside and revert back .
                    I want to know my tamilnadu Mercantile bank cheque details
                    Otherwise i won't pay any single paise . Please try to undersyand the problem.
                    I am expecting Coming month, I believe it will be favour for me .
                    Berin Magesh raja [protected]

ANOOP KUMAR SAHU Jan 21, 2009

i have barclay card since oct, 2007.but i have not used this card for any other purpose till upto date.but customer care person inform me that 7808=00 amount should be paid by you as soon as (for BARCLAY PRIORITY CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP) otherwise penalty will be consider.but when i did not accept any othert membership and customer care person did not inform me that above membership will be chargeable and i can cancel above membership within 21 days from amount debt from my card .this is totally fraud case. i did not accept any other membership .then how can i pay 7808=00.but they are saying that they have telephonic voice recored document for this bill.a lot of e-mail have sent by me .but barclay customer care person did not reply me regarding my e-mail.please help me regarding this matter.ANOOP KUMAR SAHU [protected], INDIA

• Sh
                    Shailendra Bhat Dec 05, 2008

Barclays India have cheated me for the priority circle membership. A phonecall attended resulted as an confirmation for these people that they have made me a member and charged me with their fees of 6000/- + taxes amounting to 6641.26/- without my consent and I am not even aware of what exactly the membership is all about. I have complained on the very day when I received an sms that my bill has been generated for the same. I complained 4 times with the customer care dept, 4 times with the priority circle dept, 8 mails to their service email - id and 3 times with the recovery dept. Instead Barclays people are busy messaging me for dire consequences in terms of future credit cards and loans. They are busy charging me late payment fees and charges for the same today amounting to 7800/-
                    Barclays are cheaters and hardly of any responsible directives in India.
                    Poor mode of payment facilities, worst customer relation, lack of reliability, harassing ideology, confused policies, illegal practices, ill-treatments, etc... has been the functionings of Barclays.
                    I term them as local money lenders organisation with no ethics and unauthorised market sick mentality.
                    I totally agree with all who are facing ill-treatment for Barclays

Shailendra Bhat
                    India
                    {M} [protected]

• Ki
                    KIRTI GADESA Sep 24, 2008

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U ALL. BARCLAYS INDIA HAS STARTED MAL PRACTICE IN FULL SPPEED. I AM GOLD CARD HOLDER OF THE BANK. WITHOUT MY CONFIRMATION BANK HAS CHARGED ME RS 5000 FOR TRAVEL PLAN PRIORITY CIRCLE FEES + GOVT SERVICE TAX !!.

NO RESPONSE FOR EMAILS. WHEN I CALLED UP I WAS ON HOLD FOR MANY MINUTES ON STD CALL ( RS 100 GONE ), THEN SHE NOTED JUST A COMPLAIN BUT NO RESULT !!
                    AFTER 2 WEEKS THEY STARTED TO CALL ME TWICE FOR THE PAYMENT. WHY SHOULD I PAY ? I HAVE NOT AVAILED ANY FACILITY. THIS IS A BIG CHEATING PROGRAMME GOING ON IN INDIA NOW BY BARLCAYS BANK.

THE BASIC FUNDA OF BARCLAYS BANK IN INDIA OR IN WORLD IS CHEATING ? NO ETHICS ? NO CUSTOMER RALATIONS ? I HATE SUCH BANK & PEOPLE BEHIND THE BANK ! UGLY GUYS !
                    I WILL COMPLAIN TO RESERVE BANK OF INDIA, CONSUMER COURT ALSO. NOT PAYING ANYTHING BUT WILL ASK FOR COMPENSATION FOR WASTAGE OF MY TIME.

I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY AGAIN TO SAY THEM UGLY !

THANKS
                    KIRTI GADESA
                    INDIA
                    0091 [protected]

• Ar
                    arungowda Jul 16, 2008

Hi

M a credit card holder of Barclay, actually I ve recd a statement, in which 1025/- debited to my a/c, actually i have not used that amount, regarding this i have spoken many times with exicutive of customer care . eventhough i ve recd next month statement saying to pay 1650/- & also m getting daily msg to pay the due amount. I am sick and tired of getting messages from Barclays. If anything can be done about this, i would be really happy. pls contact me on this # [protected]

Regards

Arun D A

Barclays Credit CardScam and cheating!

I have a Barclays credit card. I always pay my amount due right after the statement close date. I received the card in March of 07 and I called the company to ask when the close date was and they said the 27th of each month. I set up an automatic payment on the 29th of each month. Two days ago I received a call from a collection agency stating that my account has been deliquent since Jan 08. I proved to them that I have made a payment every month. To my shock they said they decided in Jan 08 to change the close date to the 2nd of the following month without informing the customers. That meant that I paid two payments in Jan, thus not paying one in Feb. They sent me to a collection agency because my payments now were considered a month behind and they charged me late fees of $29 for Feb, March, and April even though they received a payment every month on the 29th!!!... AND since I had a special interest rate of 2.99% (as long as payments are on time) they have been charging me 21.99% for Feb, March and April. They refuse to take the late fees off or fix the finance charges. I am seeking a lawyer and I suggest that you do not use Barclays for anything unless you feel like getting charged for breathing or tricked into this!!!

SATYENDRA BIND Aug 11, 2010

Date: 10.08.2010
                      To,

The BarclayCard,
                      Grievance Settlement Department
                      Mumbai

Subject: Grievance settlement for wrong Credit Card bill amount asked to paid by BARCLAYSCARD

Dear sir,

Barclays card bank issued me the platinum cr. Card no. [protected] on 12/09 with wrong promises of credit limits & free insurance coverage.

But next month onwards they started to send me the bill with insurance fees of Rs 1000/-. In between past 5 months I was not in the city. When I returned I found bill amt of more than Rs 4000/- which increases every month. Till date I have not used this card.

When I complaint about the same at customer care department of Barclaycard, they asked me to pay the complete amount as it can not be reversed.

Though, from last 2 months I do not receive the Hard copy of the Credit card statement, but still messages for balance amount due against my Credit Card sent on my mobile phone No. +91-[protected].

So please help me on grievance settlement in this regard.

With Regards,
                      SATYENDRA BIND
                      Mobile: +[protected]
                      Address: Room No. P-8, Block no-2
                      Rajiv Gandhi Nagar, Sion (W)
                      Mumbai-400017

BARCLAYS BANK
                      MUMBAI

SUB: CREDIT CARD NUMBER:-[protected]

DEAR SIR,
                      PLEASE REFER TO ABOVE CREDIT CARD NUMBER, THE PAYMENT OF WHICH IS BEEN FOLLOWEWD UP BY YOUR GURGAON OFFICE VERY VIGOURSLY.

SIR, I M UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHEN I VE NEVER APPLIED FOR YOUR CARD WHY IT WAS ISSUED TO ME AND MOREOVER WHEN I VE SURRENDERED THIS CARD IN JUNE 2008 WHY YOU ARE CONTINUOUSLY SENDING ME STATEMENTS WITH MONTHLY CHARGES AND INTEREST PAYMENTS.

NOW IT SEEMS THAT YOUR ORGANIMSATION IS USED TO BLACKMAIL PEOPLE AS DURING DECEMBER YOUR LOCAL REPRESETATIVE CALLED MY ACCOUNTANT TO PAY RS 400.00 AS FULL AND FINAL PAYMENTS WHICH MY ACCOUNTANT HONOURED, BUT THAT DID” NT SERVED THE PURPOSE AS THE RECEIPT WHICH HE GAVE TO MY ACCOUNTAT DOES NOT CLEARLY REFLECTS THE SETTLEMENT BEING DONE.

NOW I M LEFT WITH NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO REFER MY CASE TO RESERVE BANK OF INDIA AND CONSUMER COURT SO THAT IN FUTURE YOUR ORGANISATION MAY NOT FOOL POOR PEOPLE WITH FALSE COMMITMENTS AND PRESSURE TACTICS.,

VINAY GUPTA
                      H 5 JANPATH, SHYAM NAGAR
                      JAIPUR.

Barclays Credit Card — Late fee!

I paid my credit card on the day it was due as written in the statement. The statement I received say...

Barclay Credit Card — No update on application

Surinder Sharma Mbl :- [protected] Dear Sir/Madam Sub: This is complaint against your Franchaise...

Barclays Bank — Repeated calls

I received a call at 12:13 pm from a person called "Priya" who represented that she was calling from Barclay...

Barclays BankPoor service!

I opened a Savings account on the 6th July 2007 and today on the 9 January 2008 I find out I am 252.25 in the red because I have made a total of 6 transactions and each transactions costs P100!! I was shocked to find this out because i don't remember at any point the clerk that opened the account for me mention this! I had left a balance of P500 in the initial P1000 I had deposited during the crazy festive season! I was made to run up and down the bank from clerk to clerk only to be told at the end I had to pay the charge so no matter how much I complain I'm gonna have to couch up! Now I admit to all those transactions but to be told every time I take my MONEY i have to pay some over weight fat cat a P100 and not to be aware of this now that I have a definite problem with. What is wrong with the banking system in Botswana because I have had Savings Accounts before in another countries and never in my life was I to pay 100 bucks for a lousy withdrawal and with these previous Savings Accounts I had a Visa card and in Botswana they didn't even give me a card and I had to endure long queues each time!and for this I have to pay P600!! Well I scoff at that and it's a pity I don't know of any consumer rights bodies to lodge my case with because what Barclays bank is doing is broad day light robbery!!!

• Bk
                        B.KISHOR KUMAR Aug 05, 2008

no proper reply for my mails sending to barclays service center

NO ATM CENTRE IN MY CITY
                        NO BARCLAY BANK IN MY CITY
                        TOLL FREE CUSTOMERCARE NUMBER IS NOT WORKING
                        Barclaycard bills online IS NOT TIE UP WITH MY BANK ACCOUNT
                        CASH COLLECTION EXECUTIVES ARE NOT COMING.

I HAVE ONLY ONE OPTION WHERE I CAN PAY MY BILL AMOUNT IS CHEQUE DROP BOX

PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING THIS ISSUE

B.KISHOR KUMAR

Barclays Credit CardBarclays credit card dept = maddness

Hi All,
                      I had applied for Barclay's Credit Card bearing the reference number : [protected].

All the possible verification has being done from Barclay team, but to my surprise the application has being rejected....

Many of my employees working in my organization applied for this so called upcoming credit card company, and most of them got approved... And strangely all the people in the higher management who applied got their barclays card got rejected...

I have submitted copies of PAN card, Citi bank Credit Card statement, Bank statement, Salary Slip, Address proof, Photo ID..

P.S: I had provided all the documents required by Barclay Cards
                      dept.
                      I had submitted my Citi bank credit card statement which
                      has an excellent credit record.
                      I have never defaulted in any bank.
                      I have a good & clear credit rating and track record with all
                      the banks I deal with.

I had emailed Barclays team to know the status and got an answer from """""barclayca`[protected]@sparshindia.com"""""""""""""
                      If these are the guys who are verifying the customers then i am sorry to say but they suck................... They don't know how to qualify a person and whom to reject...................

Anurag Srivastava Oct 24, 2008

Dear All

I Have Req UR Coustmer Care Office 4 th sep from 24 sep his ans and suggest ur card active 48 hours but today i do the call than custmer care excutive that no any req recived of your card because i do the 16400/- pay the pmt . than my card is block

I think that barclay bank is very third class services so i req u to that plz Active My card

mahendrasinghsodha Oct 15, 2008

i have not recived my gift voucher with in 20 dasys.

eva Sep 21, 2008

First, the criteria that is checked changes depending on what type of card you're applying for. There is a difference between a regular card and a buisness card.

Second, if you have too many cards with high credit lines then you may be using too much of your available credit to get another card. Just like cards count against loans, loans and other cards count against getting a new credit card.

As for a manager, I've never had problems getting a manager, as long as they had my account info up and I wasn't complaining about a fee, they got a manager for me, that is, unless they could solve the problem that I thought I needed a manager for themselves.

• Mi
                          Mike Mar 26, 2008

I have a theory: you're credit's too good.

From what I can see, Barclays is a sham - I can't find one nice thing said about them.

My experience is the following after being a member for 2 months:

Me: Hi, I never got my statement. Can you send it out?
                          Them: Sure, it'll be $3.
                          Me: But I never got either of them...
                          Them: Print them out.
                          Me: Err...?
                          Them: It costs us money to send it to you.
                          Me: But I never got them!
                          Them: You can view them online...
                          Me: Give me a manager?
                          Them: There's no reason for me to do that.

Surprisingly, when I called back and spoke to someone else, the story stayed the same. They don't care and they're not afraid to show it. Also, many news articles question their capacity at this point - I'm not too big into this stuff, so don't take my word for it, check it out.

Long and short, their my lowest interest card and I plan to cancel them. I'd rather pay more cash to a company who cares than perpetuate this style of "customer service."

Barclays BankHarassing with sales calls!

I am getting 5-10 calls per day from so called DSA's of Barclays bank to sell their credit cards. Especially from one particular phone # 6454 8732 (Bangalore). Inspite of me telling them to remove my number from their calling list they HARASS me with their calls and unprofessional callers.

Barclays bank officials gave me a phone number to register in the Do Not Call list (phone # 6001 6001) this number is always engaged. Until and unless some serious rules are implemented by the TRAI and Supreme Court on this regard I am sure Barclays Bank and its DSA's will harass people with their sales calls.

Karthik.

• Pa
                            Pankaj Ahluwalia Oct 01, 2008

Dear Sir,

This is to bring to your notice that I am getting sales call and other calls of payment deposit of Mr. Pradeep Pathak on Mobile No. +91 [protected] for which i had also requested my vodafone for DND registration and the number is [protected] dated 14/09/2008 for the request

This is also bring to your notice that i am working in CB Richard Ellis as Manager -Asset & this Mobile number is a corporate. In future i would like that further calls should come to me regarding any of your sales or other matters . secondly you please direct your call center no. 011-[protected]( time of call:-11:24 am dated 01/10/2008) not make any in future

thanks and regards

Pankaj Ahluwalia
                            Manager -Asset
                            CB Richard Ellis

• Ha
                            harsha May 23, 2008

yes barclays [protected] never works. i am trying from last 10 days not even single time i managed to get the line. Really RBI should tighten the nuts. These multinational banks are more intrested to make money. while in same time they are failing to fulfill minimum needs of the coustmers and min information.

Barclays Bank — Barclays bank - worst bank in the world

I would like to start out by saying that I am an account holder with Barclays Bank in London and in the...