Complaints & Reviews

AOLAOL

What is my complaint?? Just look at your news feed - that is enough to make anyone complain. Celebrity gossip - slamming the united states of america - idolizing obamma - ignoring our war heroes - celebrating the destruction of americal by protestors - my list of complaints could fill this page. What happened to aol? Garbage content. I have had my e-mail names for as long as aol has been around - it is tempting to cancel them all and redirect to another web page that doesn't slant everything. I am ashamed everytime I have to give someone my e-mail address - you people are run by a morass of [censored]s...

johncexton Sep 22, 2020

AOL is ALT-LEFT news with no easy option to respond to their bias slanted newsfeed. It is hard when you are a centrist and are bombarded with their bias and fake newsfeeds. I am considering dropping AOL, and I subscribe and I PAY for their internet service.

AOLHeadline articles

I have been a customer of AOL since 1985. 1985..probably more years than most of the people working at AOL have in their age. I am disappointed and darn mad how AOL slants news stories to the left against our President. Just Plain Wrong. If you can't tell a news story truthfully, then STOP telling the news in a biased way. WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR LIES!

AOLToday on aol

Their editing is one sided. I got a comment blocked because I used the word "hell" which is in the Bible. I also got blocked for using the word "dung". They recently blocked me, took away my points, & allowed me back with zero points, punishing me for language that is allowed in news papers. There are tons of Trump plants that use nasty comments. Not necessarily a vile word, but a phrase that is disgusting but they seem to allow that. Big Brother is Watching. This just happened yesterday 7-21-20.

I want AOL to have specific rules they block instead of a vague comment about blocking any undesirable comments. I want to see a specific list of what they will block, i.e. swear words, attacking someone, telling things that are obviously not true.

• Updated by Sandicaya · Jul 23, 2020

AOL is not consistent with their blocking. Some people have made filthy comments but not used a swear word & it passes. I used the word "dung" and they blocked me. Now they've taken away my popularity points like they never existed. They said I got blocked too many times. Three I believe but for inconsistent reasons. The editors are biased & inconsistent.

Garden Glory Aug 16, 2020

You are absolutely right. If they are blocking you, then you should be told the reason.

• Si
          Sir JJStryyker Sep 02, 2020

The same thing has happened to me, many times. who ever these so called "judges are, can't be americans. this is"america on line". what happened to freedom of speech? who does own aol now?
          What political party do the represent? the democrats?
          They claim that comments that might be offensive to other writers will be taken down. what might be offensive to one person might not be to a million other writers. knock it off the crap aol.

AOLPayment

I stopped payment to AOL and sent an email to AOL canceling my service, in May/2020 I received a invoice from AOL, I sent an email saying I know longer used the service.
        Yesterday 7/7/2020 I received an invoice for $159.96, I called the number on the invoice and spoke with a supervisor who said he could see that I had cancelled the payment but I did not go through the AOL cancellation process.
        If you look at my account #[protected] you will see that the account was never used after the final payment in January 2020

I reluctantly paid 50% of the invoice, $79.98, and I must say that after being with AOL for over 25 years and never ever making a late payment or missing a payment I feel its a little cheap for AOL to be so inflexible.

AOL — Daily news feed

Complaining for the third time today about the redirection trickery that AOL employs when it'...

AOLComment section of "news" stories

For the past 2 to 3 months there have been many complaints regarding the rejection of comments to articles on AOL. Never had the problem until recently. It seems no matter what I comment on, it is quickly rejected as no being in line with "community guidelines". I have reviewed those guidelines many times, and can't see where I am in violation. Many of the posted comments are inflammatory and clearly violate their "community guidelines", but no matter how carefully I word my comments, they are rejected. When I attempt to question the (for lack of a better word) moderators as to the problem, all I get is another rejection message. I would like to know if I, along with many other posters have been flagged from making comments on their site.

• Ra
              ray1769 Jul 07, 2020

I have had the same negative and unwarrented response from the comment section moderators. I made a complaint to the higher ups such as at Oath.com, and what I was told these moderators work for a third-party called openweb.com !! So these so called moderators are NOT AOL. Recently I replied to a comment, and immediately I was placed in limbo and I was not able to reply to ANY comment, and I ws blocked for six hours. My reply contained no harsh words, despite (openweb) was blocking me. After six hours of being blocked I received an email from these cough, cough "moderators that my comment was accepting. Apparently, "openweb" is a self-appointed entity that resembles The Gods of Comments and Replies. Therefore, we AOL members/users are no longer able to express our concerns, especially against those that are Liberal, and lacking common sense. I am NOT a happy camper, with "openweb" or AOL corporate.

Sandicaya Jul 23, 2020

I got blocked for using words like "dung" and "damn". They act like they are such purity sticks. Then they blocked me for a few days & took away all my popularity points. It seems as if they feel they have power & want to make us squirm. Someone had posted a horrible comment calling someone a nasty name but it wasn't a swear word. The comment was offensive but they let it go. They seems to protect certain comments that are pro Trump & block those that are against him if they find one word they don't like. These words I used can all appear in a news paper. What is their deal? I'd like them to describe their policy in specifics rather than a general statement. The word dung is not a swear word yet many people write $#it & it get posted.

• Da
              daveeyy Aug 09, 2020

I have been having the same problems with AOL. I would like to know who these people are that can hold up your comment and decide if its okay to accept or reject it. I would assume its AOL employees but I'm just guessing here. It's irritating that just about everyone of my comments are held up for review. AOL needs to hire people who are fair minded and truthful. The ones working there now are not fair minded or truthful. It's fine if you are a liberal. I'm still blocked. I called to quit AOL Gold but they are giving me a month of free AOL Gold. I doubt I will remain with AOL. Sad, because I've been with them from the beginning.

Garden Glory Aug 16, 2020

@daveeyy I'm still trying to figure out which of my comments caused AOL to block me. Especially after reading some of the horrible comments from people claiming that Kamala Harris got where she is by sleeping around! I didn't curse in my comments, but I did use the word [censored] which is used by many others on AOL.

AOL[protected]@aol.com

I am soooo disgusted with aol I need to find an alternative. The amount of advertising on each page is disgusting. One can't even finish reading anything
            Without a million next page next page. Half the time it takes you to the wrong page anyway. And... Although dr. Gundry is probably paying you a lot of money... I'm sick of seeing his face all over aol.

I started with aol many years ago and enjoyed the stories that went with it. But now... It's ridiculous. Too many interruptions and advertising. I have a tremendous e mail roster and just have to figure out how to change it to g mail.
            Sorry, guys... It's just to frustrating to handle.

Garden Glory Aug 16, 2020

I also am frustrated with AOL. The only reason I've stuck with it is that I have saved so many website and e-mails on it that it will take me days to copy them into my Word Perfect or my personal area. I can't read so many of their "news" stories (with fancy titles like "strange bizarre relic found in century-old tomb") because they give you one sentence per page, you have to keep hitting NEXT PAGE or CONTINUE to get another sentence while being combarded with ads blinking at you incessantly. It goes on for pages. I am also thinking of cancelling my subscription because of being told my comments are now blocked without telling me the reason.

AOLCensorship by aol on free speech

05/24/20: my comment on the news story: "there aren't enough critics of the president in or own country? We're now seeking out has-been foreign leaders to voice this criticism - as long as it agrees with the mantra of mainstream media." rejected. I then deleted the phrase beginning with "as long..." they rejected the revised version, too.

AOLConstant negative articles on any republican

I have had an AOL email address for a long time. I am tired of the constant negative headlines and articles that are relentless on republicans. I can't remove these headlines from my email page. These are not ads they are attacks on Republican on a constant basis. I will soon find an email provider without this bias if this doesn't stop. Obviously AOL believes their users are idiot's and does not want to be in business anymore (do you know how many people ask me if AOL is still being used). They will get their wish soon!

AOLYour bias opinion on trump and not reporting the facts

I am very tired of opening my aol account and seeing nothing but false statements about trump. I don't know the reason He is trying to save us. What DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT. I hope you people get a socialist president and understand the ramifications.

Trump is trying to save america and not giving money to illegal aliens.

I have been in the health care industry for over 40 years. The american people have little rights. We had to provide free service to illegals that Americans were paying for. What is wrong with this picture. If you want this take money out of your tax payer dollars and let them live with you.

• Updated by Joe Crawford · Mar 10, 2020

Food · Mar 10, 2020

Sandicaya Jul 23, 2020

Trump always has his personal interest at heart. He has tons of money in the stock market. That's why he freaked out when he heard about the corona virus. His delay is estimated by scientists to have cost over 20, 000 American lives. Now he's sending his federal thugs to Portland OR & they're picking up peaceful people standing on the streets, but a blanket over them, & drag them into an unmarked van while the rioters continue to throw bricks, bombs, & destroy businesses. He's not helping. Obama/Biden left him a great economy & look what he's done with it. Had he acted immediately to the coronavirus & required masks & social distancing, we would all be back to work by now. He now has a 29% approval rating so don't count on people raving about how great he is. It's cause & affect.

mail.aol.comAll Facebook messages going into spam

I have many friends in several categories of Facebook. I had always deleted spam without looking at it. I had noticed that I had no Facebook messages in the IN BOX. My inbox has a lot of what I would call junk mail from people who clam to be doctors trying to sell expensive products.political junk from liberals and others. That should be spam becauseI get about 100 messages a day. A few weeks ago I decided to see what was in spam and discovered to my shock that all my Facebook messages were in spam. I never gave permission for that and I want all Facebook back in the IN BOX where it belongs. I now need to move them out of spam and into in box every day

AOL — aol email service

I've been with AOL for well over 15yrs. I was happy with the service, no issues. Over the last year, not only...

AOLaol moderators

I published my real first name when commenting on a news story and the moderator without my permission renamed me CynaCorn. How dare they rename me. I gave NO permission for this type of behavior. Date was January 2, 2020. Desirable solution is for AOL to refrain from changing my identity or I will consider taking this to the FCC. Their interference is not welcome and is quite insulting. I pay for AOL and they have NO right to change my identity. If it happens again, I will file a complaint with the FCC.

AOLfalse advertising

It happens everyday You post a story like this Where Dolly Parton lives at 72 is tough to take. That's the false add. I click on the story and it shows me every solobertys house on the planet but never shows me Dollys and I also have to click on a new page for every house all 313 and wait for them to load. I made it my mission in life to NEVER buy anything advertised on a page that does that EVER. If the headline isn't anywhere in the article them don't put it on the page.

• Updated by Sam Roark · Dec 20, 2019

It happens everyday You post a story like this Where Dolly Parton lives at 72 is tough to take. That's the false add. I click on the story and it shows me every celebrities house on the planet but never shows me Dollys and I also have to click on a new page for every house all 313 and wait for them to load. I made it my mission in life to NEVER buy anything advertised on a page that does that EVER. If the headline isn't anywhere in the article then don't put it on the page.

AOLaol news articles

AOL news continuously puts liberal viewpoint news that attack our President Trump into the AOL website. Why are readers subjected to an onslaught of negative articles against the Trump administration? Verizon should be ashamed to have AOL as a branch of their network. Stop the hate directed at our president.

Recent example article in AOL news:
                          Democrat likens Trump to Ku Klux Klan member
                          Support for impeachment soars among independents

• Ei
                              Eileen Rubino Badger Apr 08, 2020

I couldn't agree more !! Aol bashes President Trump on a daily basis !! I'm fed up with their hate and unprofessional conduct 😠😠😠😠

• Je
                              Jerry1950 Jul 08, 2020

The stories go both ways. Remember, Trump daily attacks people who he feels are not loyal to him through his twitter account. I believe you have to expect retaliatory stories that show up with negative comments about what the President does or says.

AOLcomments on aol news weather

On sept. 12, 2019 I was making posts to some of the comments on the AOL news local. Someone at AOL kept deleting anything I posted even if it was a positive remark. I made a remark about Nadler and the impeachment vote; a remark about Elizabeth Warren and her intelligence; and remarks about trump's welfare to the rich in response to another post writer.

I would like you to look into the person who is continually deleting my posts and for no good reasons.

JoAnne Berliner

AOLadvertising

It has become almost impossible to read articles in your "Welcome" area because of the constant advertising that overs the story. I was just trying to read,
                              HOA Harasses Disabled Resident To No End, But They Wouldn't Get The Last Laugh
                              and finally just shut it down because I was unable to read most of the story.
                              If you are trying to help these advertisers sell their merchandise, you are going about it in a strange way because after being rudely interrupted constantly there is no way a person wants to buy these products.
                              I have been in top sales positions all of my life and trust me wen I say that interrupting your customer is not a good sales practice.

AOLprudential death chat using my name in the trump political forum

My screen name in the Trump Political Forum is Recon Ron. Someone has been cloning my name and posting such posts as the following this morning..." If Trump should get assassinated it will be the first time such an event is celebrated in the country, but totally understandable"..." no one is going to let trump destroy the country, someone will take him out before that happens, i`m sure the plan is already set"..." I wish someone would shoot Trump right fukin now "..." SHOOT HIM NOW...SHOOT HIM NOW!!! ".. This has to stop and I am considering sending this to the FBI and Fox News. I am sure he can be tracked in minutes. I want it on record that I reported this.

Ron Brown

[protected]@aol.com

• Vo
                                    vondiamant Sep 12, 2019

The AOL moderators let anything against Trump go through yet remove a lot of the positive factual comments and yes, my user name has been used by others to make nasty comments as well.

AOLbiased, anti trump aol/huffpo news

So many of the "news" stories about President Trump are outright biased, negative, and frankly petty. The headlines say it all...reporting on the president's or his wife's (or family's) attire...his tuxedo, his daughter's expensive clothes, his wife's shoes, a comment taken out of context (e.g. the "nasty" comment about the Duchess) -- hardly ANYTHING positive. It's all so demeaning, mean-spirited, critical, almost like it's coming directly from the Democrat Party press room. There are SO many positive things, changes, executive orders whose purpose is to protect and advance America, policies that service ALL Americans, yet it is rare to see them reported in AOL news. You do your members a gross disservice with your Trump bias and unbalanced coverage.

• Vo
                                      vondiamant Sep 12, 2019

I couldn't agree more. So many of the stories are nothing more than hateful BS. The AOL moderators on the comments boards let anything against Trump go through yet remove a lot of the positive factual comments.

AOL — rental scams

stated that a rental property was owned and requested a deposit to be sent and they would send keys via...