Menu
Mozilla
reviews & complaints

Mozilla
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

131 complaints
11 resolved 120 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Mozilla. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
B
11:57 am EDT

Mozilla - Mozilla Firefox

I have been using Firefox for over 15 years and have not had any major issues. But lately the support seems to be non existant. My new PC I just got - loaded Firefox and the extension for my Dashlane PW manager and it will not work at all...everything else look perfect and is working fine...can see my Dashlane Icon on my browser bar in blue , which means is logged in and working...but it will not come up on any login pages...not 1 single one. I switched to Edge browser and everything works perfect with Dashlane... I searched and it looks like many have complained about this same issue with no support for the Dashlane extension issues but no reply or fix from Mozilla/Firefox. Like others have noticed as well..the support and up-keep of this platform is going way down hill...guess we will be forced to switch and be stuck with one of the big "tracker" browsers...uuugghh...too bad

Desired outcome: keep up with leading edge technology like you have in the past...keep things working with your product and associated tools

4:07 pm EDT

Mozilla - firefox browser

I have my settings so it is supposed to ask before updates are done. It updated without my okay and now it destroyed all of my passwords. I have had to spend hours redoing all of my passwords and I am very irate as this is not even supposed to update. Something needs to be done about this crap, I don't have the time or the patience to deal with this as I am in school.

Desired outcome: I would like my damn password list put back on but I doubt that will happen I do not want anymore updates done without my okay

E
10:01 am EDT

Mozilla - firefox

they did so many updates and my firefox does not work at all. it doesnt load pages, it sits there spinning and spinning. I have a Mac computer 2015 production year. it throws me out of pages that I am visiting for no reason. Literally throws me out of Firefox and back to my Home Screen, it has completely ruined my computer. I can’t use firefox anymore. Which is a shame as it was my favorite web browser,

Desired outcome: Do an update to fix the program

T
7:18 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Recently the Firefox search is so slow to open and takes ages to load. I have had to revert to Chrome. Bad show guys!

11:42 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

By what right have you prevented me to access RT France? I cannot access it since March 2nd.

N
2:36 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Firefox just keeps getting worse and worse. Slows to a crawl after simply opening one or two browser windows and a couple of tabs. And some financial sites can't get logged into using Firefox, but with google no problem. It's as if whoever managing firefox the last 3 years is trying to convince users to stop using firefox altogether. Really angry.

G
6:46 am EST

Mozilla - Latest Update

Your latest update has changed the colour scheme which is totally unacceptable with the black background on new tabs and the bookmarks menu. I can't work with this so please get this sorted and back to how it was before the update

After much fiddling around, I have only managed to change the appearance of websites. I appreciate you need to install security updates but please leave the appearance and colour scheme alone

Desired outcome: Fix this

M
6:40 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

update 1/12/2022 for windows 10 home: great, now i can't get ANYWHERE... NOT SECURE SITE for everything..GOOGLE, AMAZON NOWHERE!!! WHAT GARBAGE!

A
5:36 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

27/12/2021 I returned home from some time away. There was a flag top right saying Firefox wanted to update and that it REOPEN MY TAGS. It did not, it reopened one tag, my e-mail page. The pages that I had been working on before going away were not reopened. I am mad right now, I have not yet grasped the amount of work I have lost...

A
7:22 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Settings changed: I.E. home page changed (fixed), New Tab not switched to (fixed), Menu removed (not fixed). Why are you changing my setting???

R
12:38 pm EST

Mozilla - Flooded with ads in email due to Mozilla update 12/13/21

I have Mozilla then a Bing Page, then Earthlink.net for email. I have had this set up for over a decade. Everytime a Firefox update comes through (like this morning) my format for my earthlink email changes. This morning Google ad after google ad came into my email to where I could not keep a thought in my head. I do not have ads on my earthlink email. I called earthlink support and because you have superiority over the email account, I am ready to shoot my computer! I want those ads removed! This is not protecting your users! Who designed that update? They failed me miserably as a user! Please respond

Desired outcome: Remove the Google Ads and any other from my earthlink email.

M
8:13 am EST

Mozilla - Browser

I'm so disappointed in Firefox for two reasons. Over the last few weeks, I've had to go to other browsers to fill in forms. This has, on two occasions, resulted in the purchase of more than the one item I was trying to buy. But now I've lost faith completely, since I'm noticing that I'm being tracked while using Firefox. I always thought, and told everyone, that Firefox prevented tracking. Now, every time I open the browser, I notice, in the lower right hand corner of the screen, that there are always several trackers. This is despite my use of ad-blocking extensions. What's going on?

Desired outcome: Fix these issues.

B
11:18 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

What the heck is up with the double spacing of favorites? Nobody likes this. There is no way to fix it. Please put it back the way it was. I don't like having to scroll to see all of my bookmarks. This is just stupid.

R
8:30 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The interface for Gmail with my latest Firefox update is ridiculous how much the UI changed and is no longer intuitive, I am switching to using it in Chrome wher eeverything looks as it always has looked previously. Can you fix this horrible change to the GUI for Gmaiul on Firefox? rob.[protected]@group47.com

J
6:30 pm EDT

Mozilla - Firefox for Sierra OS 10.12.6

Since the last few upgrades (I'm up to Firefox 90.0.2) I find blank pages on many petitions I wish to sign, and am forced to use Safari to complete them. (Normally, I NEVER use Safari.) I would like this fixed. It's a nuisance.

The last time it happened (about 10 minutes ago), I was signing an Elizabeth Warren petition. It doesn't happen with well known petition sites, but has happened often enough with other sites, including Lakota People's Law Project (the next most recent incident, yesterday.)

Desired outcome: Please, fix it!

H
10:07 pm EDT

Mozilla - Firefox 90

COMPLAINT: Is anyone developing a sheer hatred for Firefox 89/90? Firefox forced me to 'upgrade' to their new stupid browser since 88 and now NOTHING seems to work.

1) The tabs are misaligned and no delimiter between them
2) All my previous passwords and sites went missing after I upgraded - thanks Mozilla!
3) I can no longer use Google as the search engine. Mozilla is forcing me to use Bing in their browser

This is so juvenile and high school. But maybe Mozilla is run by high-school punks. Who knows? Anyone else want to sue Mozilla to smithereens?

Dec 13, 2021 12:51 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

as for the passwords and sites [im guessing bookmarks] you can go to the firefox folder in your computer and look in profiles. one of the profiles will have the bookmarks you saved. then you need to go into the profiles ini file and change the line that says "user profile" to the string that has the bookmarks.

i know this cause i have had to fix it a few times when the update messes up things.

as for search engine that can be changed in the settings [should also be saved in the profile] i dont recall the section but its in there.

L
3:32 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When I opened a new tab in Firefox a page with the Firefox logo and title Browser Opinion Survey appeared. It offered an Apple Phone worth Rs.118440 for Rs.179. For that it asked me to provide my Bank card details. Online search revealed it is a scam. This is serious security breach in Firefox.

N
4:45 am EDT

Mozilla - Firefox homepage

Please stop putting pictures and stories of disgusting things like cockroaches.
No other browser homepage has such pictures and stories. Please be considerate enought to imagine that I might be having my lunch or dinner while browing and the first page I go to is Firefox homepage. The other day you had snakes - really? There's national geographic for that1! You've put cockroaches twice now so far. Find something else to talk about please.

I can't add picture as evidence becasue I can't bear to look at it but its there and you know it becasue you putit there!

Desired outcome: no cockroaches or snakes or other creepy creature s or disgusting stories on the Firefox homepage please

Dec 13, 2021 12:57 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

this is not their fault. its a news feed ticker that randomly picks trending stories or what your area has searched. someone in your location close to you seems to like searching snakes and roaches. i believe Firefox doesn't have control over the news feeds.

7:21 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mozilla - Unethical emails in my yahoo email id "[protected]@yahoo.com"

There is one site "[protected]@(blank).com". It fills the (blank) space with alphabets in meaningless order and sends emails which contain distasteful photos of women. I have been blocking the site(s). But one change of alphabet in the (blank) space makes it a new site enabling it to continue posting emails as aforesaid. As is well aware, one can generate millions of sites by combination and permutation and continue to send unwelcome, undesirable emails.

Dec 13, 2021 1:00 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

this is more a phishing/social engineering scam than Firefox. the scammer is sending them for some reason to you. this isn't really Firefox's fault for someone wanting to breach your email.

L
9:59 pm EDT

Mozilla - Firefox

It's become bloated & Sooooo Sloooow
Sometimes individual elements (boxes) of a web page don't load at all... just a blank box with nothing in it. Sometimes fore a minute or so, sometimes 5-10 seconds, but NEVER just loads all of a complicated page (TD Webbroker Home page) in a quick snap. It did used to do it ok. But now.. It's now plain garbage.

Also bookmarks double spaced or so FOR NO F'n reason
90.0b10(64bit)

Desired outcome: Fix the issues & get some quality control testers worth their salt.

Mozilla contacts