Having problems with Grammarly?

Grammarly Customer Service Contacts

548 Market Street, #35410
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Grammarly Customer Service. Initial Grammarly complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Grammarly above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Grammarly. Discuss the issues you have had with Grammarly and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Grammarlyapp

Hello,

I download Grammarly app in my phone after I saw their advertise on line that looks fantastic to give a hand to help children with their writing. But unfortunately, they don't mentioned before you pay the product and downloaded that the full optioned can only be used with a desktop. Since I don't use a desktop, only my phone, the app is useless. I tried to write them in less then a week when I realized that the app is not wort it, I even try to call them with no luck. I waste money for nothing. The app I deleted, and there is no way I can get in touch with this company which sales nothing.

GrammarlyGrammarly Premium Account

Grammarly announced it would close my account. I was OK with this, as I didn't plan on renewing the membership.

Quote from the email:

"XYZ, your subscription to Grammarly Premium has been cancelled from future billing. If you did not personally perform this action and would like to keep your membership going, then please contact support here."

Not wanting to renew the membership, I didn't contact support.

4 days after the announced end of my membership I was billed the full amount for a yearly membership. $140.

Grammarly's website states that they do not refund premium accounts.

This is a scam.

Grammarly Premium Account
    Grammarly Premium Account

RESOLVED

I sent a ticket to Grammarly through their website. A customer support agent answered the next day and Grammarly made a full refund. The message said I didn't understand Grammarly's emails properly etc, however the screenshots I took clearly show how Grammarly's communications were misleading. Anyway. Solved.

GrammarlyGrammarly

Grammarly sends promotional emails to me every single day. I have blocked them on my email. How is this possible? I took the bait and paid for a premium account, during a half off sale. They charged me full price. I can not get the site to work for me. I can't get support after a dozen attempts. They want my money but don't offer anything in return.

GrammarlyUnauthorized charge to my credit card

On Tuesday, Dec 1, 2020 a charge of $186.65 was made to my VISA credit card

(There was an authorization outside of Canada for $186.65 at GRAMMARLY CO*RAOUZHO on account 4537*****679**** at 6:32 pm ET.)

This was presumably for the premium version of Grammarly.

I did not authorize this. I do not use Grammarly.
        Yesterday, I cancelled my subscription/account.
        email: [protected]@gmail.com

The fact that you do not provide a phone number with which to contact your company to deal with this type of issue is clear indication that you are not a company concerned with customer satisfaction.
        Please have someone get back to me as soon as possible regarding this transaction.

Mark Arlett
        Nanaimo, BC
        [protected]

GrammarlyIncrease of subscription price without prior notification

Grammarly is a fraudulent service. They do not disclose price increases to customers and attempt to sign you up on an auto-renewal hoping that the customer will not notice the increase in time for renewal. When I signed up for the service it was $62.98 on 11.30.19. They increased their rate to $139.95 on 11.30.20, which I was not made aware of until after charges were made. I did not receive any type of notification of the price change.

GrammarlyI have made several attempts to cancel subscription online.

Auto-renew remained active and there is no virtual/phone/any support contact available to process my request. It is impossible to prevent auto-renew from charging me for an additional year which I don't need and the product is non-refundable. I have made many attempt to prevent this service from charging my card for an entire year's worth of service. Scam.

• Mi
                Mikey J Buchanan Jan 24, 2021

They have done the same to me. Did not send me a notification for renewal and the took out the full years subscription. Unethical and contemptible.

GrammarlyOvercharged

I was writing a paper due for my college-level English class and I used Grammarly with the intent to proofread for any mistakes. Anyways Grammarly sends me to their subscription page and I plan to get the 29.95 monthly subscriptions in order to continue with my work. I click the 29.95 subscriptions and I pay it, later on throughout my day I check my bank account and see my account is in negative as I am a broke college student I can really afford anything that's over 100 dollars. I feel like this is a complete scam and more caution should be taken with this website as it is clearly a scam. This website is not worth it. I have sent them emails and social media private messages and still no word from them. This website does not even allow refunds because it is against their terms and conditions. I have done research as well and it seems that this has happened to multiple people. I am disgusted in a company that makes easy money by taking money away from student and individuals.

Oct 02, 2020

Grammarly — Advert on youtube

Good Morning, I am writing to you to complain about adverts for Grammerly, which offers document/text...

GrammarlyCancel payment

I was charged $139.95, even though it emphasized the payment would be $11.66 per month. I have tried for the past 16 hours to contact grammarly support to cancel this payment, but I have not received a single reply. (I have sent 3 emails to [protected]@grammarly.com) Can anyone tell me what to do? I am a college student, and I cannot afford to lose this much money right now.

• Updated by R Bah · Jul 31, 2020

They keep closing the request without resolving anything or contacting me.

Comments

GrammarlyGrammarly Integration Windows 10

This "app" installed itself with another software, only it isn't a "normal" installation--it nags me constantly that I am not using it and attempting an up sell. Duh! I'm not using it because I hate it! I've replied with multiple "How Do I Uninstall" requests which go unanswered. Their alleged "support" website takes you on a never-ended click-loop without resolution. It isn't in the normal place(s) to uninstall. Multiple people complain about it. Nothing is done to fix it. This "app" is like a piranha which will never let go of its prey!

GrammarlyRefund

I have used grammarly one time only on 27th March but unfortunately grammarly has cut out another payment on 27th April and I immediately requested to cancel payment and refund as I don't need the service and there were no standing order in my bank account for monthly payment to grammarly. I asked PayPal to cancel any future payment and they did that for me.
                    However, the support team in grammarly has never issue the refund and they didn't reply about this issue. I sent many requests and they were closing it directly without reply.

Refund

• Rb
                        R Bah Jul 31, 2020

did you ever get it resolved?

Grammarlygrammarly miss-taking my money simply by entering card info

Dear Sir or Madam:
                      This's Kay Chan from China. I just mis-charged my account by buying an annual package, for 360 dollars. But I was just there opening an account for my boyfriend, didn't know that by entering the credit card info would lead directly to payment.
                      Please help me and return my money. I'm sorry for my misunderstanding.
                      Till now, I haven't used it for even one sec, nor will I in the future. So can you please tell me how to get the money back?
                      Below is my account and purchase info:
                      Account: TT Coach
                      Email: [protected]@163.com
                      For specific info about this purchase, pls see the PDF attached.
                      Thank you!
                      01/27/2020

Dec 30, 2019

Grammarly — payment

To Whom It May Concern, I'd like a refund from my premium subscription. On the subscription page I read it...

Dec 10, 2019

Grammarly — grammarly premium subscription £434.34 charged

I signed up to Grammarly to use their free service. Then got an advert saying i could use premium free trial...

Grammarlyovercharged my account re billing

My bank account was just debited for $139.00 when my bill is $11.00/mo. My account is not in the negative and if I make any purchases, I will be charged an overdraft fee in the amount of $35 per purchase. Grammarly did not send me anything via email asking me if I wanted to renew any subscription, etc. This is a crime on Grammarly's part and I see it is a recurring problem with them. I will never use Grammarly again. Refund my money ASAP.

GrammarlyI was charged $139 instead of $11

I recently gotten the premium feature on Grammarly (on 11/19/19 around 9pm-10pm). However, I was charged $139.95 instead of the $11.66 a month. I was wondering how I could receive a refund, as I am only a high school student and I did not expect to be charged the full year's price. I have only used the account for less than 24 hours. I hope I can receive an answer back as soon as possible, because I am currently panicking.

I was charged $139 instead of $11

RESOLVED

I just emailed them

Grammarlygrammarly charged more than expected

Hi,

I signed up for Grammarly thinking that is was for $11.99 monthly charges, but I was charged $139.95.
                            I felt misled and violated by Grammarly because it was advertised that there would be monthly charges and NOT a whole year charge in advance. When I made the purchase, I didn't receive a confirmation of the payment, NOR did I get a receipt.
                            It would be great if you can refund my amount. The advertisement clearly says $11.66/month. I need a refund.

Best Regards,
                            Shweta

Grammarlygrammarly premium

I cancelled my susbcription two days ago, a few minutes after my upgrade. I requested a refund but my request has been ignored. I created another request and the previous one was closed right away. I wonder why they closed my today's request right away but haven't been abel to give an answer to me.

I think their customer service is really bad. I would appreciate getting a response through this website.

grammarly premium

Grammarlycharged after cancellation

I thought I cancelled my annual Grammarly subscription, but I received a $139.95 charge today which would be for the whole year. I really don't want to use Grammarly Premium anymore and would prefer to just use the free version. I've also filed a support ticket in the Grammarly website. If there was any way to immediately cancel my premium subscription and refund the charge, that would be great. Thank you :)

Grammarlyannual subscription - premium

On 29/10/2019, I was misled into thinking that to upgrade to Grammarly Premium, the costs will only be 11.99; when I submitted my payment, the deductions were 139.95, not 11.99 - I'm a student from Namibia. As a student, I can't afford deductions like this on my account because of misled information. I have sent emails to Grammarly and the status of the request I made states resolved. The only response I got was that they would get back to me; this does not mean the request is resolved!