Complaints & Reviews

Billing for nothing

In 2003 I had AOL for a short time and cancelled the service, thru my on foolishness I just realized that they have been billing me 99.99 every July for 3 years for some credit service that I have no idea what it is, the so called supervisor said that I ordered this service in 2003 giving me my current address, I just bought this house 6 months ago, some how these fools are accessing past billing information and billing at will.

Credit-alert aka privacy guard

Credit alert or privacy guard at America online:

Do not sign up for anything thru AOL they take your bank account and take money out when ever they choose and you do not even want the service haven't even heard from the service in years and then aol claims not to know who they are. You cancel the service because the money wasn't there to pay for it and they come back and take it out any way again causing more checks to return and then tell you to straighten it out with your bank. This is fraudulent, I even asked for the previous addresses they sent the so called renewal to, they don't know. How could they not know if they are credit service. I recommend never to use AOL or an AOL service and never give them a bank number to withdraw money they will abuse there rights.

Difficulty cancelling the account

It took me almost one-half hour to cancel my AOL account. I attempted to cancel my account at 11:00 pm EST, because I thought I could reach customer service a lost faster. I was completely wrong.

The first customer service agent disconnected me after waiting for about 20 minutes to get through.The second said she could not assist me because her computer could not pull up my account. I asked for a supervisor waited about 25 minutes but no one came to the phone. I could hear the AOL customer service agents in the background but they would not exhibit basic politeness and tell me to call back,

I tried for over half-an-hour to reach someone but to no avail. Finally after about 10 or more attempts at redialing I reached someone. He wanted to know why I was cancelling my service, I had to laugh and only said I have a less expensive service please cancel AOL. He tried to to make various offers which I ignored and finally at about 12:20am EST, I had cancelled AOL, good riddance.

• Iv
    Ivette Ayuso Feb 22, 2007

Aol had been charging me every month on my credit card for services that I had cancelled do to the fact that I did not had a phone line any more and I could not use their services. They told me that my account was already cancelled but charges and interest was and still not credited in my account. Do not use Aol at all. Better business bureau should investigate all accounts and should close that business down. I have proof that my home which I own does not have any phone lines until Nov 2006.

Service sucks!

I don't have a business, but I have used AOL since I got my first computer, now I have a complaint, over...

Sick sense of humor

Under the tab "Comedy", AOL made available a video clip of a young woman's phobia with pickles on a sub-humane talk show hosted by Maury. As she screamed and ran through the audience to avoid the pickles, one could see the audience laughing. I do not question that the lady gave permission for this to be posted; I question AOL's lack of good taste and common sense in airing it. The caption said that Maury 'helped' her get over her aversion to pickles which intrigued me because aversion therapy can take a good number of sessions to succed. Instead, I was shocked to realize I had been bated and I felt violated in watching this woman be tortured. How sick is AOL willing to be?

• Wd
    Wd4u2 Dec 13, 2018

[email protected] HAS DECIEVED AND STOLEN 300. USD FROM ME!!! Stated he was a bank making loans With prepayments needed to proceed. I sent 300 usd and he stole it from me with no
    Email response at all. I am Wayne Dembowski. [email protected]

• Cr
    CraftyAOL Apr 07, 2019

trying to retrieve 3 email addresses...owner passed and I have legal document that I can take over. so far - not done.

Aol no help ...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices