Having problems with AOL?

AOL reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 8, 2006. The latest review Your news department was posted on Jun 7, 2021. The latest complaint Customer service was resolved on Jun 27, 2013. AOL has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 132 reviews. AOL has resolved 20 complaints.

AOL Customer Service Contacts

22000 AOL Way
Sterling, Virginia
United States - 20166

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AOL Customer Service. Initial AOL complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for AOL above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about AOL. Discuss the issues you have had with AOL and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

AOL Complaints & Reviews

AOLCustomer service

I called AOL on January 19, 2021 at 12:35 pm EST to ask if the AOL/Verison emails were encrypted and secure. The rep couldn't answer the question and couldn't tell me to where to find it on the AOL website. I ask for a supervisor. He also couldn't tell me where to find it in writing on the AOL website and then hung up on me. This is unacceptable!! These people are not trained on the AOL product or in customer service.

I believe I found it via the link below:

AOLComment sections on their articles

I've done a lot of research over the past few months, and come to find out AOL is owned by Verizon, who is partnered with the Chinese government!

Just like most all the oligarchy companies in the USA now, they are run by the Chinese government! Sold out to Satan himself!

Now it makes sense why they state in their comment sections "Your voice matters"... Only to delete your comment if it does not promote the Chinese government's propaganda for taking over this country!

American citizens are going to be subjugated soon, if they don't start boycotting and cancelling their services to these EVIL corporations that are selling out to the Chinese government!!

AOL is strictly anti-American and pro-Chinese government!
    Just like ATT, Time Warner, and many others!!

• Ra
        Ray Stevens Feb 16, 2021

That's just plain crazy

• Lo
        Lolita Karami Jun 05, 2021

@Ray Stevens I am afraid you don't collect $200.00 on Go!

AOL Desktop GoldSpam emails in spam folder

I get at least 45-50 spam emails in my spam folder from [protected]@cortextoxy.online daily. They send the same spam email every 10 minutes for an hour or so. There are so many that end with @cortextoxy and they are endless. At first I tried to unsubscribe, then I called aol tech support and was told to just delete, not respond. Aol won't permanently remove website or whatever because there are too many of them. Well, that is unacceptable. I don't want to see any of these @cortextoxy. Online spam emails in my spam folder. I feel aol has an obligation to rectify this situation for all its customers. We are paying for this service monthly/yearly. I report these emails as a "bug" or "provide feedback" without any replies or solutions! Plus I think someone is hacking my aol as all of a sudden, the page scrolls and there is a long list of numbers, letters, and symbols in the search bar! I want an answer with a solution!

AOLAOL "New" Service

Please provide unbiased reporting. and

Stop feeding the public your MSM, fake news. Provide unbised reporting.
        You are great for mail but
        lack in honesty and integrity in news. State the facts - not opinions (my
        opinions are better than your's - mine are based on research, not based
        on breathing CO2 via the mask).
        Provide your credentials. If you 'fact check', don't use some offshoot of
        AOL for that purpose (as CNN does). Best Regards.

AOL.comA hacker with an aol.com address got into address contact.

A person hacked my computer on or about 12-16-2020.I began getting telephone calls from my friends asking if I needed help.No I hadnot. I tried to fix things but finally took my laptop to a computer repair store..They discovered a filter had been inserted into my e mail. The filter was [protected]@gmail.com I tried to find it but no luck. I called aol support line and they directed me to you. So here is the address of the hacker with aol. [protected]@aol.com.

Then onto the second hacker. Their e mail address: [protected]@gmail.com

I want my contact list back

AOLNews comment section

Filed a Comment AM on Story about Electoral College as follows:

"no taxation without representation"

Who said That?

Comment was rejected using pretext "Due to Previous comments you are not allowed to post Comments".

Mostly I post historical perspectives on Government, no profanity or violence... just issues of history and government.

What Gives?

AOLchat rooms

I am REALLY upset about AOL cancelling the chat rooms.Some people such as me are disabled and do not get out much, and AOL is their way of getting out in the world. I want the chat rooms back again, because in 30 days I will shut down my AOL account after 30 years. ONE VERY UPSET CUSTOMER after 30 years. You would think you'd take all the customers opinions of what AOL chat rooms mean to some people, to take that in consideration./

AOLNews like "Magellan Times". Your "new flashes" makes it VERY difficult to comprehend the article.

Aol articles are always broken up and keep flashing across the screen making it difficult to read or comprehend. After being with aol from the early days (log in is ("[protected]@ aol.com"), I am about to give up on aol and change to google. Notice how your "cookies policy" points to this issue. I will wait for some type response before I pull the plug!!!

[protected]@aol.com

AOLE Mail [protected]@verizon.net

More than 10 days have gone by and I still have not received the forms You promised to mail out to me to fix my E Mail account for the above account.
                  My temporary E-Mail is [protected]@aol.com
                  I had explained that I had been Hacked and didn't know the password as my deceased wife had originally set up The AOL mail. The police wanted the E-Mail that was sent by the hacker. so please lets get this done.

• Updated by [email protected] · Dec 10, 2020

AOL — E Mail [email protected]
                      G [email protected] Dec 10, 2020 Verified customer
                      My temporary E-Mail is [email protected]

AOLAOL news

It's criminal how biased AOL news is.

AOL news is constantly pushing its biased negative pessimistic ‘news' in your face.

Where is the other side of this ‘news'?

Where is the debate ?
                    I just constantly see this negative ... put down ... tabloid type of ‘news' . I would not even call this news. It's just tabloid irrelevant ranting.

True journalism tells both sides.

AOL.comEmail account i’ve never set up

Someone has set my name up with an aol email account. I keep getting trash mail in "all in boxes". I'm elderly and do not know how to curb this. It could possibly lead to harmful situations because one never knows what else is going on.

I need help to get this resolved as soon as possible. My reputation may be at stake and or could lead to financial or worse. I do not know how I ended up with an aol email account.

AOLAOL Gold

Service that was offered has completely failed. They cannot res resolve any issues even though I have been a PAYING member for 20 yrs or more. Right now I cannot download anything and the screen goes black intermittently on e-mails and searches. I contact them and they tell me it is my computer when the computer is brand new and was working correctly with AOL for 4 months. Issue just happened and they don't know what it is. They blame everyone but themselves -- it is Microsoft's problem or the computer or the internet or anything but AOL. They have people who are in their customer service department that hang up on you when you insist that they need to fix the problem. By my estimates, AOL is having problems for the past 2 years and I want my money back if they cannot resolve their issues NOW.

AOLHeadlines in news section

"Trump sticks it to the environment". While I do not agree at all with Trump, I find such ugly, negative, vitriolic language abhorrent. Your news headlines are alway clearly biased. Journalism in my day meant objective, detailed reporting — no opinion. Obviously AOL is not journalistic but does it have to be so ugly and biased? I beg for neutrality. It needs to start somewhere. Why not here?

Nov 18, 2020

AOL — News reporting

First, I am not a trump supporter, however Im ashamed of how our media aol. msn, etc. reports their side of...

Oct 27, 2020

AOL — Articles and public comment sections

They keep deleting ALL of my CLEAN comments in their comment sections!! AOL (America On Line) and Yahoo have...

AOLPro Trump ads

This idiot is the most corrupt person that has ever been in the white house and for aol to support this draft dodging lying [censored] coward, you suck & your all jitbaggs just like number 45, this [censored] wants to cut ss, medicare medicaid & food stamps just to punish innocent people who didn't vote for him. I have always had a low opinion of aol, you have a lousy product, verizon should give all of you aol jitbaggs the deep six. You people are a disgrace to the human race, I hope you all go to hell when you leave this life. To support this racist coward, is a insult to the common man & I am a Vietnam vet.

AOLSomeone cancel a product on my account

I called in on September 29, 2020. I was trying to cancel a product on my account. The tech told me he could not cancel a portion off the account. The portion was Life lock. Then on October 09, 2020. The life lock was cancel. I called in and spoke to Mel he protended to try and help me then he just hung up. I called back and spoke to another person. I told her I wanted to speak to someone about a complaint. She asked me what was the complaint. she began to ask questions that I wanted to cancel my account. I have been an AOL member for a long time. I want to report this type of behavior

AOLMail

Customer service sucks. I have been trying to get through all day, at one time I was on hold for over 1 hour. It either disconnects or no one answers. Dump this company as fast as you can. My mail has not been routed to my desk top as it has beeen for over 10 years. Tech support is non existent, . My last call went to billing even tho I pushed the correct phone button fortech support. These people are worthless!

AOLEmail

i am having serious problem swith aol them deleting emails at will and not being able to get onto their site to change password. wheni try it myself they shut down all my email for 3 days so i know not to do this myself. i was on hold iwth them for 6 hours and straight hang ups, no help, no transfer to tech support. this is crazy. as soon as i figure out how to get a different email account i will!

AOLComments

No matter what I write you reject it. I am well within the guidelines. You had an article about Kayleigh McEnany getting covid. My comment was "I wish her a speedy recovery" and you rejected my comment. Just proves that its not your guidelines that are rejecting my comments. EXPLAIN PLEASE. This is not a guidelines issue it is an AOL issue. "I wish her a speedy recovery" could in no way bot meet community guidelines.

• Ev
                                        Eve Son Oct 05, 2020

I agree totally! Say something against Trump, it will be printed. Say something in favor of Trump, it will NOT be printed. There once was a time when you could not write something unless it was proven fact, not the case today.