Alamo Rent A Cardamage claim that I did not do

T

On Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 at approximately 9:00 AM I picked up my rental, a gray 2016 Honda Odyssey (rental agreement [protected]). The vehicle was parked in the Bob Hope Airport parking facility in Burbank, CA. The weather conditions were cloudy and overcast. The parking structure was on the second level of a three-level lot, so it was rather dark in there. The keys were handed to me and the attendant DID NOT offer to go over the vehicle with me. He suggested I check it out and hastily disappeared. I did my best, walking around in the dark garage, looking at a gray vehicle. I did not notice any particular damage and so continued with my trip.
The vehicle was driven, by me, from the Burbank airport to my mom's house in nearby Pasadena, CA. For three days, the vehicle was driven, by me, back and forth between my mom's house and our hotel, the Astro in Pasadena, CA. On the afternoon of the third day my wife and I started driving back to our home in Portland, OR. We spent the third night in Williams, CA at Granzella's Inn. The fourth day we drove straight back to Portland, OR, stopping only for food, gas and restroom breaks. We parked the vehicle in our driveway in Portland, OR. On the morning of June 10th, 2017 we delivered some boxes from the vehicle to our storage locker nearby on NE Columbia, Blvd in Portland, OR. We then proceeded straight to the Alamo car return at the Portland Airport. There were no incidents at all during our entire trip and the vehicle was rarely out of my sight. Imagine my surprise when the Alamo attendant tells me of a "crease" in the passenger side middle door!! I could not for the life of me see what he was talking about, so I took photos of the alleged "damage". As one can see from the photos, there is no damage. I believe this is an attempted shakedown because I elected to NOT pay for the extra insurance as I have full coverage elsewhere. In today's (June 19, 2017) mail I received a claim # [protected] from Alamo for damages. By performimg a simple Google search I learned that Alamo has been mentioned in several similar cases of insurance/damage fraud. If you look at the photos you will see as I saw, no damage. I do not wish to pay for these so-called damages or have a claim against my insurance.

RESOLVED

• Alamo Rent A Car's response · Jun 20, 2017

Mr. Shannsullivan,
    Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. I have forwarded your comments to our Damage Recovery management and our team at our PDX location. I have asked that they review your concern and contact you directly. As this may take several days, your patience is appreciated.
    Respectfully,