Complaints & Reviews

e-recharge successful but balance is nil!

As I did E-recharge on 27th April at around 9:33 pm for Rs1225/- on my mobile # [protected] and followed by this I got E-recharge successful message also from airtel. But the amount 1002/- did not get credited to my balance account. After that I tried calling customer care through my mobile but the there were no option in IVR so as to reach to customer care people. So I went on to reach Airtel office near jayadeva hospital, bannerghatta road. And I lodged one complaint having # CINEY042717041600 and they said they can’t help right now as its 11:30 pm and no technical backbone was there. Without getting any help and assurance I had to come back disappointedly.

Now next day morning (i.e. today) I talked to customer care people through one landline phone. And I talked to Mr Sridhar and Mr. Kumar (Supervisor) and they give me assurance that it will get rectified by 6:30 pm evening. Hoping to see get it rectified…

Having done this I wanted to know the mental harassment myself and my family and friends faced when they could not contact me during emergency. Who is going to compensate this?? and I had to make call to them from outside landline. Is this not a pain???

My Appeal to all customer care executives “please please please do not ignore any customer complaints, take them seriously and fix them instantly”

Regards,
Subrato

• At
    Atul Kumar Saxena Feb 04, 2008

I recharge our prepaid connection by our debit cards.

network problem

Concerned All,

I am Madhu Mishra & my husband Mr. M.K. Mishra using airtel sim for last Two-Three years. There is no Airtel signal / very Feeble signal in our area. We have raised several complaints in Customer Care. But they have not solved this problem. They said they are going to plant a tower near by our area i.e. in Rampura. But till now the network quality is very poor & worst in this area. Due to the network problem the call gets disconnected, we are not able to make calls & voice quality is bad also.

We stay at Keshav Puram near metro station and here the network coverage is weak. Only 1 or 2 bars are shown in the mobile and most of time no signal even ‘Airtel’ is disappeared.

• Ra
    Rajesh Roy Aug 14, 2008

I stay in Powai, Mumbai. From last Friday night (8th August 2008) there is no signal in my Airtel Prepaid card. I am really frustrated without any network coverage. Helpdesk said that the signal is week there but do not give by when it will be sorted out.

Yesterday I went to Malad and the signal was full. When I came back to Powai it is not even showing Airtel.

The biggest mistry is Airtel Postpaid is working fine in the same area. Is Airtel using different equipments for the postpaid and prepaid network?

I have also raised a complaint with complaint no: 081006483000

My cell is off form the past 7 days and I really dont know what shall I do :(

Please Help Airtel.
    Rajesh Roy

anilkumarrai Oct 12, 2009

I face many problem with AIRTEL LIFE TIME

• Lh
    lhilda_mary Mar 08, 2010

I am having "AIRTEL lifetime prepaid " for the past 3 years. May i know the reson why AIRTEL is giving missed call to my number minimum thrice a day. And charge amounts (from Rs. 1 to 50 in the name of down load and service message) when mobile is not in use. Even though compaint a lot to AIRTEL customer care improper and worst response received and not refunding my money.

not getting my internet settings

On 24th April 2007 i activated my GPRS for internet but till now i haven't got my internet settings, so...

very poor customer service!

I have been using a number as prepaid connection. The number is recharged on 25/04/2007 for 360 rupees and at about 8.30 pm there is a message saying that this number is moved to postpaid plan and the cell phone disconnected. The clarification sought on 26/4/2007... the customer care at number [protected] says that my number is activated on some other name is postpaid plan... contact prepaid dept... then the customer care [protected] when contacted says that this is postpaid contact the other dept... i have wasted 2 hrs explaining the problem at last some complaint is registered but nothing has been done so far my number is disconnected for more that 14 hrs now. Very poor customer service!

• Su
    SUMITHRA Aug 23, 2007

I have been using 2 numbers 9902197785 and 9980254938 before one month.But suddenly airtel customer bar the calls. Because of the reason instead of passport size photo we gave stamp size photo. After that I submitted The Correct documents in AIRTEL office (Bannerghatta road,Banglore) on 18-Aug 2007... Once i went to airtel office and asked about this matter they told me it will take 2 days time. They told me it will be activated on 20 Aug... But till now it was not working... Very poor costumer service.

Santosh Agrawal Sep 12, 2007

I m trying to call customer service but they have blocked this service. A computer message tells to send the complaint to 121 in less than 130 words.I m very angry about this. My gprs speed is too slow about 2 kbps. I have complained 100 times but they have not solved my problem.

jatin sahni Jan 21, 2009

I M Jatin Sahni my mobile is 9729020090 .mis behave with me of Ms. Sukhwinder Kour her mobile number 9896276372 in Panipat airtel office Near N.K. Tower.Pleaseaction immediatly.

Ankur Kumar Jan 29, 2009

Dear Sir,
    I am Ankur Kumar from Karnal (Haryana).
    I am Using ur Airtel Connection for Since 2006. And i activated ur Rs. 39 Plan which is used for two local numbers 10 Paise per Minute. i was using this plan from 3-4 months after that My call charges have changed i am paying 20 paisa per minute. i want my call charges should be changed at 10 Paisa Per Minute.
    An early action in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanking You
    Ankur Kamboj

charges deducted without using airtel live

That i deactivate my gprs i.e, airtel live , mms on 21st feb 2007 inspite of all this airtel deducted my...

money deducted many times but no mms sending activated

When I send MMS to my e-mail ID , money is getting deducted but no MMS is actually sent. I do not understand if there are some problems with the phone settings then why the hell money keeps on deducting. I called so many times to the customer care, they say MMS is activated.

salimkhan Sep 07, 2009

hello airtel care
    my self salim khan from haryana
    i am using airtel prepaid connection since from last month..
    and the problem is that ... i am unable to send or receive mms because company is not activating my mms service...
    hundreds of time i have subscribed mms service and
    many of time i also complaint against these problem ... but no one is going to listen my problems...
    and they always says dont worry sir service will be activate witin 24 hours...
    plz sir its my humble request to u plz activate my airtel mms service...
    my handset model no. is - nokia e 63
    mobile no.. 9996325185
    add. dharuhera chungi delhi road, rewari
    (haryana)
    pin 123401

switch from postpaid to prepaid - service not yet activated!

I switched from postpaid to prepaid on 10th Apr 2007. My cell No. is [protected]. I paid Rs. 850/- towards my last bill and Rs. 200/- towards Refilling charges for prepaid SIM. My postpaid services were deactivated from 12th Apr 2007. I received postpaid bill amounting around Rs. 500/-. Since than my prepaid services have not activated even though I personally visited ARC at Spectrum Tower, Malad, where I submitted my documents on 13th Apr 2007.

There is no satisfactory reply from Airtel.

overbilling & disconnection

I booked connection under scheme offered for NTPC employee, so I have paid Rs. 799.00 Rental for 2 years through cheque.

I got my first bill in December 2006. I complained that for given as friend & family number you have charged Rs. 1.75 & for all numbers you have charged Rs. 1.75 per call. Airtel representative assured me that he will rectify the problem & extra amount bill adjusted in next bill. I paid bill. Again next month I got the bill having charges Rs. 1.75 per call without adjustment of previous extra amount. I complained again he assured me he will solve the problem & excess amount will be settled in bill. Many times i complained at help desk & nodal officer. Every one assured me solution within 48 hours. The nodal officers are not attending my calls. They have changed my account number & scheme. In the new scheme they charging very high call rates. I have paid rentals Rs.799.00 for two years. They are adjusting any amount & disconnected my phone.

I am getting any authority where i can complain for such fraud.

pathetic service!

I have been using airtel service now since 3.5 yrs now, but I have never seen so bad service till now. Its a...

connection is not working

It has been over a week, and with 2 complaints already logged to Airtel Customer care, my broadband 512Kbps connection just does not work. There is 50% packet loss. The first complaint was surreptitiously closed and on my checking up, they unapologetically informed me that the complaint has been closed, so we will log another one. When will it be resolved... it will get resolved within 2 days is the standard reply. Now I know how it gets resolved. I have been suffering for one week with virtually no service at all and they care too hoot about it. No wonder AIRTEL SUCKS.

• Gu
    gurpreet singh Sep 29, 2007

sir
    i wish to state that my internet was not working although i had paid my bill till the last month i thought my modem was not working properly or their was defect in the line please pay attention towrds my connection inspite of coplaining to the costumer care no service is provide to my till today otherwise i moves towards sify broadband or tiband.
    thanking you

gurpreet singh

tel no 01142440785
    name jasbir kaur

• Di
    Divya Chugh Oct 09, 2007

I agree with the Poor broadband service by Airtel. My Airtel connection also gets disconnected after every 10 minutes. Airtel people makes false promises by luring the customers at the time of connection but are not capable of providing services. I am going to file a complaint in the consumer court regarding the same.

Divya.

R.Srikanth
    402,Telugu Brahmin St,
    Coimbatore -1
    pin - 641001

absolutely disgusted with airtel service!

A copy of Letter to the General Manager, Customer Service:

We regret to inform you that we are absolutely disgusted with your service. Our Directors blackberry connection [protected] has been disabled for the past three days; inspite of our paying the entire dues, putting him and our organization into a lot of discomfort. We are aghast on the ineptitude of your support team. While placing on record our total displeasure this is to also formally intimate you about the cancellation of our 12 cug connections with immediate effect. The details of which have already been passed on your Mr.Joseph, Mob No.[protected], [protected]. CUG connections at our Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad offices are also being cancelled with immediate effect.

Regards
Haritha (Manager Customer Support and Business Development)

non working of phone

To whom it may concern

I like to inform you some fact regarding a new connection of airtel pco. For which I am facing financial loss.in the 1st week of april 2007 one mr. Partha chakraborty appeared before me. Said to a representative of m/s princep traders of calcutta 90 (An authorized dealer of airlel) to market an airlet pco.

I thought it will be good investment and for that I have placed an order.

The said mr. Chakraborty came to me on 14/4/07 with a telephone for pco and asked me for payment.

I gave him rs.1499/- and he told other technical know how will be told by airtel personnel by 16th. April 2007 10-00am

The line was activated and the telephone no. Was [protected].

Soon after departure of mr. Chakraborty I found the call charge as told by him, is much higher. Next morning i. E., from 15th april 2007 the telephone became dead.

The dealer m/s princep traders is reluctant to speak with me.

Very poor service!

• Ra
    ramashankar.ganji Oct 05, 2007

I want outgoing call details from ph.no 40060864 in the evening 4.30 PM TO 5.00PM of 04/10/2007. How can i know the details ? I want the details immediately.

Thanking you,
    Ramashankar.G

• Su
    SURJEET MANN Sep 16, 2008

I agree with this complaint by Mr.Milan Rakshit. I also phase a problem against airtel pco. Now a days caller tune is activated on 90% mobile phones. When custmer connect a call from pco to any mobile nphone the first response from otherside is that press * (star) to copy this caller tune. The innocent custmer who doesnot know about this immigiate press * (star). Due this a caller tune activate on this pco number.The monthly charges for this caller tune nearly 30/- rs. deduct from airtel pco owner balance.In this dramma where is owner fault. The unsubscripition of caller tune is not possible due to the reason that the sim card place in FCT box. Any how if caller tune unsubscribe the next day other custmer press* (star). The company charge 30/-rs.what is the permanent soloution. I hope AIRTEL take neccessory action .My pco no. 09996355942 located inpanipat(Haryana) Email i.d. [email protected] WITH BEST REGARDS

airtel refused to investigate id theft

I just discovered that an ID Thief purchased over $350 in services from Airtel.

After calling my Bank and going through the ID Theft dance, I decided to call Airtel to 1) Warn them that fraud was occuring 2) Try and cancel any unused service purchased with my debt card and 3) See if they would investigate it further and/or give me information on who used my debt card information.

1) The Airtel Reps that I spoke to told me that "it was ok, your bank will credit your account." Apparently they don't understand or care that a wrong has been committed especially as they are profiting from it.

2) No account was created with my name, so they claimed there was no way of tracking down the services purchased with my debit card. Although they allowed a user, under an account with a different name, use a credit card under a completely different name to conduct business. I asked them to track down the account of the person who used my credit card number, they refused saying they couldn't. Under any country's laws, they must keep complete and accurate records of all their transactions- what they were saying was that they didn't want to track down the user (their loyalties apparently lie with their "loyal" customers as opposed to the identify victims harmed).

3) They refused to investigate at all. They were happy that they received $350 of business, paid for by my bank. I can't understand how a company can operate like this without the Justice Department or FCC investigating them? As my bank credited my funds, its not like I can pursue them in court.

DON'T SUPPORT THIS COMPANY. Until they want to act as a responsible business, people should search elsewhere for their needs.

• Is
    Ishita Feb 02, 2010

I completely agree to this- Airtel is extremely irresponsible when it comes to security.
    After 9 years of using my telephone number, submitting my documents and address proofs when asked for, even receiving calls from airtel to confirm and reconfirm the data provided- I'm suddenly informed that my number is registered in somebody else's name.
    How is that even possible??
    There has to be a serious and major security lapse somewhere

airtel hello tunes is very costly!

I've been trying to download a hello tune, based on the information given in the website of Airtel, by...

missed call alert service activated without request from customer

I am Airtel Maharashtra circle customer. Since last 4 months I am struggling with Air tel to get refund and for deactivation of Missed Call Alert service which is being activated without any request in any form from my side. Whenever I call 121, they just tell me that matter will be resolved within next 48 hrs, but seems no end.

• Ro
    Roshan Sep 16, 2008

I agree to this ... the same thing happened to me ... they deducted the amout, I rang the Customer care twice, the attitude of the female CSE was un acceptable.. and she hung up the call, there was only one message she told, that ' I have subscribed for the service', which was untrue .. I said its their system fault and please check this, the executives name was Nikhita and she hung up the call saying the same thing .. what on earth is this .. we are not subscribing for a sevice, they deduct money from us and when we call asking for an enquiry, the CSE hung up the call ...

If some one from Airtel is reading this, let me tell you one thing, we have a trust in you, which is why we are giving you business, its we the customers that keep you running .. Please remember that ...

1. This is a system complaint on Airtel's fault
    2. The behaviour of the CSE was un-acceptable
    3. I dont need my money back, you keep it ! If you are going to be good cheating us .. take the money !!!

Thanks a lot for your service ...

If any one know any email address or postal address where I can write this to the concerned person in Airtel, please give me a reply...

unable to use internet services properly

A copy of email to Airtel - Nodal Desk: Hi Nodal Desk, Thanks for the excellent services provided by you...

very poor customer service!

I am the airtel prepaid customer. I was using the airtel gprs service. Since december2006 i want to...

verification problem

I am using the airtel prepaid sim. Company has disconnected my outgoing call facility many times for verification. I have submitted many times the verification documents but I have to face this problem many times. First my company disconnected my outgoing facility on 1 Dec. and and on 7 Dec the service continued. But from one month I am facing this problem many times. Now I m frustrated. Whenever I call customer care they said that your verification is alright and your cellphone will be working within 24 hours. But today again company has disconnected my outgoing as well as incoming service. Now I m going to consumer court for logging my complaint.

• Na
    NAMRATA LELE Oct 20, 2007

YOUR SERVICE IS SHAMEFUL!
    RESUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS IS DONE PAST 30 HOURS AND NO ACTION IS TAKEN FOR VERIFICATION PROBLEM ON THE NO.9975775355 IN THE NAME OF MR.RAKESH PAVERA .IS THIS UR SERVICE!
    DO THE NEEDFUL IMMEDIATELY COZ U DO NOT GIVE THE SIM WITHOUT DOCUMENTS,DO U?
    SO THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM ABOUT IT LATER ON.
    THE SERVICE SHOULD START IMMEDIATELY COZ WE R NOT FREE HERE TO JUST KEEP LAUNCHING COMPLAINTS!

• Tu
    TUSHAR KANTI GHOSH Dec 14, 2007

Dated : December 14, 2007

To
    The Customer Relations Officer
    Complaint Redressal Department
    Airtel India.

Ref. : Mobile Number 9933391008.

Dear Sir/Madame,

Sub.: Truce with respect to the same.

With reference to above please be informed that I have been sued for non-payment of outstanding bill as have been intimated over telephone by solicitor on behalf of Airtel, branch at Siliguri, essentially from Apollo Clinic Annexe, Bidhan Road, Siliguri – 734001 in West Bengal.

In reference to above, I declare that I have lost my AIRTEL SIM Card vide number cited above and would like to terminate AIRTEL services with immediately to the effect that I shall be glad to pay out the amount owed by you.

But, I would prefer written testimonials in support of your claim clearly indicating Tariff / Bill for I prefer non-verbal vindication over verbal as done in my case.

I sincerely hope that you will do the necessary at your end to do the needful at the earliest.

Thanks and Regards.

Tushar K.Ghosh
    ===============================================================

a wake up call for customer care services of airtel

A copy of email to customer care services of Airtel: I had bought the Airtel postpaid card for the mobile...

airtel kept gundas to recovery money

Hi All,

Airtel kept Gundas for recovering money. Be Careful while receiving any phone from following numbers.

011 - [protected]

If they say I am a Lawyer, Court Case notifier or an Inspector don't hesitate to fire like any thing to them.

They are very cheep guys (Kutte ke Awlad). if you throw some food to those dogs they stop braking.

Think and act.

Don't fear. To such kind of calls.