Complaints & Reviews

airtel's # service!

Several times i informed, requested to the a**holes who are sitting in the airtel's office to do ...

toll free line is not working

Toll free line not working in Arni near (chennai) gave lots of complaints to customer care they are are not responding every call they are asking 24hours time but they are not working in it. After 5 days they are giving we can not tell anything if the toll free number is not working .

This tool free number is company conference number airtel spoilled is image in the USA. This very bad with Airtel customer care and connection in some places. This toll free number is working in all other places except in Arni this is very bad with customer support in Arni.

taking money for service I do not use

Ive been charged wit an amount of Rs 249 every month inspite of not having GPRS activated on my cell. I had...

sim registration failed!

I am getting "Sim Registration Failed" only because i have edited my mailing address from "airtelworld.com"...

pathetic customer service!

I am using airtel prepaid connection. Recently i bought a top up recharge card and tried recharging. I could not do it as it shows the voucher is already used. I called airtel cust care and they told voucher is valid and i can try. I tried several times and i could not do. I called cust care but they are hopeless. They do some timepass with useless advices asking to try after one or two hours. Meanwhile i bought another card of other denomination and tried but same problem. I made nearly 10 complaints to airtel cust care. But they could not help. After making few complaints they started making escapes simply promising that they will revert back but never do so. Sometimes they are barring my services and they play as they like. These people will not even think about resolving the issue. When ever i call they say their recharge server is down presently and ask me to try after sometime. I asked when in a business day they can guarantee that their servers are running. They simply do not have any answer and smile for that. These cust care people are hopeless and the company airtel itself does not show interest in servicing people that they shows in their adds and cheating people.

They simply make calls to us regarding their recharge plans, value vouchers, astrology, cricket, news and all unnecessary stuff even though we do not ask for it. They do not show any interest in customer satisfaction. In india it has become a fashion for all these companies as we can not do anything other than calling for few times and switching to new provider.

• Mo
    mohammed sadiq ali Dec 19, 2007

I am using airtel prepaid connection. Recently i bought a top up recharge card of Rs.110 and tried recharging. I could not do it as it shows the voucher is already used. I called airtel cust care and they told voucher is valid and i can try.

M.A.RAWOOF Aug 14, 2008

Respected Sir,
    Iam from India, Andhra pradesh,
    my mobile no, +91-9949902170

Presently iam staying in Qatar State,

I Want SMS Roaming in Qatar State,
    iam not getting this facilities in Qatar,

So what can do,
    please solve my problem.

Please tell me mobile Status

With Regards
    M.A.RAWOOF

unable to access the facility on pc!

I purchased a prepaid connection of airtel because I intended to use the edge advantage that airtel provide...

sim... not activated, lost lots of communication.

To Whome So Ever,
I am the S/E working for one of prestigious company, I am using the Airtel prepaid([protected]) from past 2 yrs here in Bangalore, One of the representative from Airtel sits here in my office, which is at residency road, Bangalore. I asked her to migrate my existing number from pre paid to post paid...after two days I receievd an mesg on my existing number(pre paid) stating ; "the migration will be done in 4hrs, during which your(current sim) will be inactive. pls insert new sim after 4 hrs'. I did as per there suggestion. Still now after 48 hrs my both sims are inactive...When I call them they are avoiding my call either or giving some stupid reasons like in 10 mins or 20 min your sim will get activated...blaw... blaw.
In due course I got humpty number of important call were done from PM/PL ...for which Airtel say "Airtel you called is not recheable"....
Its rediculous to see such renouned company does not stick to their words.

I request you, please activate my previous SIM in 24 hrs otherwise I am going to file case against Airtel for loss of my data...

Thanks,
Srinivas Ramgiri
[protected]

• Si
    sivaraman.an Jun 26, 2007

My mobile no. is 09980845702, I am getting the message "SIM rejected" since 26.06.2007 at 9PM onwards.

• Si
    sivaraman.an Jun 26, 2007

My mobile no. is 09980845702, i am getting the message in the set is " SIM rejected" since 26.06.2007 from 9PM onwards.

false commitments and misguiding - stay away from airtel!

Few days back I took a new postpaid connection of Airtel from an authorized Airtel franchisee (V-Connect, Faridabad). This franchisee provides corporate connections in my company. They offered me a scheme of Rs.998/- advance rental with free CLIP (caller identification) and a STD pack of Rs.25/- for reducing STD charges to Rs.1/min. for first 250 minutes per month. When I got first bill for the period from 10th march to 20th march, I was surprised that CLIP was charged and no STD pack was provided, my STD calls was charged at normal rate of Rs.2.40/min. When I called up customer care regarding this they told me that there no such scheme and the guy from V-connect made me false commitments. Then I called up V-connect and told this. V-connect told me that this is corporate connection and these schemes can be provided and assured me that these services shall be provided and discounts shall be provided in next bill on extra amount paid by me in this bill. After few days again I got a bill for the period from 20th march to 30th march. This time around CLIP was charged, STD package is activated and Rs.25/- was charged for that. But STD calls are charged at the rate Rs.2.40/min. I again called up CC and got reply that STD pack is activated on 29th march, so STD calls made before that period were charged at normal rate. Then I decided to write a mail to CC regarding this and explained that same services are mentioned on my enrollment form filled at a time I took this connection. On 17th April I got mail from CC that they can’t adjust STD charges but they will give adjustment for CLIP charges. Again I wrote a mail to CC for adjustment of STD charges and this they gave adjustment. I paid my bill of Rs.279/- which was of around Rs.750/- before adjustment of STD charges and CLIP charges. Now I received the bill of April month and again CLIP are charged and STD pack is deactivated. The best part is when I called up Customer care regarding the clarification they told me these schemes are not available on this rental plan and the STD pack was active only for one day i.e. 29th march and this is not a corporate connection. Add to my surprise no body in CC aware about why these services were provided me and discount was given. They registered a complaint and forward it to there billing department. Now from last four days I got calls from different people from Airtel. Everybody asks about the problem & assures me to resolve this issue and some times offer different solutions (like change in plan, Adjustment can be given only for this bill etc. etc.). I am fed up with the CC services provided by Airtel. I have to spend more than 30 mins every time I call CC and still hang up without a resolution. This number has really become a tension for me and it is still not clear if V-connect made me false commitments then why Airtel give me discount and activate these services for previous month. These CC people are ridiculous they talk as if as they can do any thing with customer’s account.

Due to this unnecessary trouble I am completely disturbed and not able to concentrate on my work. I am unable to understand that if these services are not available on this rental plan then how these where activated for previous month and how they give me discount in that bill.

Isn't it illegal and harassing act of Airtel? So I request you all to stay away from Airtel.

Muneet Singla

• The similar thing happened to me also. I wanted to make my STD call cheap thus I went to the gallery and the shopper suggest me to activate STD costdown services. At that time I did not have much balance but she said it will activated after I recharge. Then I recharged and called up to the other state and it supposed to cost only Rs1/ minute but it charged normal Rs2.4/m. I was surprised and called up to customer care and asked and came to know it could not be activated in my validity scheme. However the lady never told me it cannot be activated. Therefore I wasted some amount of calls and CC told me in my case I can apply different scheme for make STD call a little bit cheap.

I cannot understand why this kind of thing happens and why all the service scheme were reveal to the customers in written materials otherwise we are not aware of which scheme we are belong and what limitation we have.

They should clearly mentioned those service schemes and shoppers must aware of all the confusion of customers.

Santosh Kakkar Jul 14, 2008

I want to lounge a new complaint against the unsatisfactory services you are providing, Your customer care executives are highly bad behaved people, without any manners, An immediate step would be appreciated.

• Mo
    mohammed ishaq Mar 02, 2010

I WANT TO PROVIDE MY ROOFTOP FOR MOBILE TOWER INSTALLATION. LOCATION- sun city (langer

house road)6km from mehdipatnam hyderabad.. further details contact mohammed ishaq

9966069149.., 9849885876 email [email protected] indipendent house in hyderabad .

cheating its customer openly

Dear All, I have received an SMS that if i recharge for Rs.49/- i will get the SMS pack value RS.2000/-...

non compatible with laptops with express card slot!

I have been using the airtel data card during the last 6-7 months and did not face much trouble. Now i...

bill even after disconnection

I had given a request to transfer my telephone from Vasant kunj to Rohini as I was shifting there, according to costumer care people it would be done in 4-5days time. After receiving no call from their end I called the customer care again in 1st week of march and they said that no connection is available on my new address(who was supposed to intimate me about that - extreme negligence of responsibility by airtel). So I requeted them to cease my bill from the day I requested the transfer and i would clear the dues. I even gave an email few days later.But the bill came on coming,after so much discomfort, i keep on calling them explain the customer care people everything all the time but never get any feedback. I am highly dissatisfied with their service and would approach consumer court if the things are not sorted and my bill is not deducted from the day I asked for the phone transfer.

• Sh
    Shiny May 05, 2007

Airtel shows negligence

• Ra
    Ramesh Kumar Dec 12, 2007

I am facing a same issue. Dont know who can help.

poor service and wrong gprs charges

Im Joseph Dsouza my pre-paid mobile no is [protected] Im very disappointed by the kind of call center airtel is running I have been calling the call center for past 4 days regarding my complaint that im charged wrongly for the gprs connection. On the first day I called they said the line is down call us after 2 HOURS i CALLED UP AFTER 4 hours and explain every thing I get the same reply that call us after 2 hours .Then when I tried it was closed for the day so sms the complaint again no reply and I was continuously debited 11.99rs from my account and then again I called the next day One of your csr answered my call and put me on hold and never turned up. Then again I tried later one female picked up and she could not resolve the problem so I asked her to connect me to the supervisor She put me on hold and turned up with the answer that there is no supervisor right now we will call u within 4 hours and im still waiting for it.

Then today I called up a female answered my call and I believe that she must be the same girl when she heard my complaint she hanged the phone,then again I called up one guy picked up and I directly asked him to connect me to the supervisor or any one senior above you he said Im the one I have been working for past 6 months then I still insisted to connect me to the supervisor he put me on hold for 5 mins and never turned back the call got disconnected I m fed up. Very poor service!

Thanks

• Ni
    nishantkumar May 31, 2007

I use airtel prepaid plan. I had made at least 50 sms to 121 about my activation of gprs. But it was not activated. At least i made a personal call to my friend about this. He had some friends in airtel and at last it was activated but to my strange it is not having linkage to my pc. Only airtel live can be view.

• Kr
    krishna kumar Sep 17, 2007

i m kishna from jamshedpur n ma airtel retailer from last one n half year.but havin some problem from last two month as i was not able to call our customer care or dealer.i have a airtel prepaid connectio no. 9931077808 with GPRS.my monthely internet charges Rs.249.but my last bill update for GPRS is Rs.380(13/09/07). 130 exta taken n m not able complain it. and one more problem is i m not able to use my internet while roaming from last three month.
    i will b greatful if sombody pay attainction to my problm.thank u...

• Ke
    Ketan Shroff Sep 24, 2007

I want disconnect my ringtone subscription pack
    existing on my mobile number 9892287841

airtel service is a myth!

I had enough of patience & belief that Airtel is the leading telecom brand in India in terms of services they provide to its customers.

But it all seems to me a myth; I bought (or I can safely say I was directed to buy) an Aitrtel Post Paid connection as my organization have a corporate tie up with Airtel. It took 3 days for that connection to get activated though Airtel Executive promised me to get it done by next afternoon (24hrs ), I took it in a positive way as may be because of some operational issues it might have get delayed. I would be a happy customer if things would have smooth from then on but no Airtel has enough for me to offer.

I received two calls on different days, first one dated 30th April from +[protected] the lady talked to me about my address verification & I did the necessary, then she said that some one from Airtel will come for the further verification & I stayed in office for the whole day in his wait nobody turned up. No problem that fellow might have stuck somewhere, but the only thing that disturbed me was that she was spelling my name “Priyanka” instead of “Priyank” & it was quite clearly mentioned in the KYC/Application form, I corrected her & took it in a lighter way.

Second call came on the very next day, 1st of May the chap again spelled my name the erratic way I corrected him again no problem, then he asked me about my address verification I replied to his satisfaction & then he asked me to visit me for the above said purpose, I agreed upon, but to my dismay again no one turned & I kept on waiting delaying all my works which required my outward movement.

Its not getting to an end here, on 3rd May the wonder happened in the evening my outgoing calls & SMS got barred quoting the reason of delay in bill payment; I was wondering where the bill is? I managed to call Customer care and after enquiring about it I found that it’s because of non verification of address, I just want to ask who is responsible? I was kept waiting for 2 whole days & then in the end it’s me again who is paying the price of the Job some one from Airtel didn’t manage to do in time, wait its not getting over here the officer on call was again call me with wrong name. I asked him to correct it also.

Can some one explain me from where people in Airtel get an extra “a” to add with my name, give me a break I know what my name is and I spelled it correctly in the form please don’t be so proactive in correcting mistakes done by people while filling the form & using your own common sense which doesn’t seems so common. If there is a confusion check the other documents provided to you they all bear name with correct spelling but avoid showing your skills of baptizing people.

In the morning I received a SMS saying my Service Request No is [protected] & Airtel will come back to me by 11th May 1000hrs, come on Airtel need more than a week to verify my address & this is when I am a customer with corporate tie-up.

Now when I called back today past 9:35 to enquire about the issue from the lady (@+[protected]) who gave me first call for address verification, she has a blunt and rude answer to “its not the office time” to offer, and when I am calling her even past 10:30 she is not answering, this is “Customer Service”, I am glad to know.

All said and done I just want to know by when I will get my outgoing calls restored, as now it’s beyond the limits of patience I have to offer. In the light of circumstances mentioned above it would be difficult for me to recommend Airtel from now on if solicited by any one and I will definitely write to my organization to have another thought about continuing this tie-up. If still it doesn’t work out I am ready to shift to some other service provider also.

Thanks for your attention if you reached up to this point and please respond

Regards
Priyank Bhardwaj

• Pu
    purushtohama Jun 28, 2007

I am also having same problems with the airtel corporate cug connection and every time i have to ask them for correcting the bill and they won't do the same.

Mayuresh Nov 10, 2008

Same experience..

I am trying hard to get my prepaid Tranferred to Corporate Post paid.
    Its been 5 days and i dont even know the status of what the prpoblem..let alone the resolution

unnecessary charging money!

I am customer of Bharati-AirTel and for past few months complaining the customer care about money they r...

using confidential numbers from customers bills

I just got a call from Airtel Hyderabad, this was with regards to an acquaintance not having paid his phone bill. When i inquired where the person had taken my number from she said that it was given as a reference which I am very sure is untrue, I confronted her with this and she accepted that she had taken my number off the bill.

This is absolute breach of confidentiality. My number is not even an Airtel number, these people cannot use bills to get numbers in such cases. Airtel better find another way of to ensure that they can get in touch with people who have outstanding bills.

Beware!

• Ms
    M. Srikanth Reddy Dec 05, 2007

Dear all,

i have buyed Airtel piece on a bundle offer, it was said that we will get A2A voice balance of Rs 50 for six months but i have not recieved in the second month and i have asked the same but there is no response from ur side. When I called the Customer Care no 121 to talk with an CC executive, it was said that to type a query and sent to 121, i want to ask one thing how many people know to send there queries through sms. if we had a problem we have to wait for more than 24 hours, so please rectify my problem

• Na
    Nagi Reddy Vangeti Mar 20, 2008

I am trying to recharge my account from morning and its unable to do the operation. When I follw the instructs given on the Recharge coupon, its displaying "Invalid Combination".

Then every time when I tried to call 121 then it show "Number Not In Use". Rarely once in twenty attempts the call is attended and that too has been disconnected before the customer executive has to attend the call. Then even I tried to send the query to 121, but no use.

Is this the service provided to the customers? Its not only me I had seen few people with the same problem.

• Gm
    G.Mohan Reddy Apr 18, 2008

My mobile number is 9866617774, I am a subcriber of airtel for the past 3 and half years, i did not get the bill and not even i get teh sms for bill. without informing me they have barred my outgoing call. for this i have been trying to contact airtel but i did not have any concerned officer phone number so please give me phone numbers.

• Ar
    armaan khan May 26, 2008

hi i m armaan khan i m looking for job in hyderabad if u have any job in plz reply me thank u

• Bh
    B.HARI KIRAN DUTT May 27, 2008

hai,
    sir/madam,

URGENT
    iam one of the customer of urs airtel, plz kindly do fever me my cell no.9949922500 i lost my mobil today evening already iam connecting my no it's diverted to voice mail plz immediately block my sim & etc.

one more thing sir if do u save my cell and return back from urs side sir thankful for the goood job .

futher communication plz @ my cell no is 98490 12434

thanking you

• Vi
    Vishal Jaiswal Jun 06, 2008

I totally agree to the fact that Airtel services in Hyderabad are worse.
    The signal and network are good but the customer support is pathetic.
    I had recharged for a SMS @ 10 Paisa coupon and it is already 24 hours that i am still being charged 1Rs per SMS.
    I dont know what is to be done about it.
    I tried contacting the Customer support and when I press the option of speaking to customer care, the pre-recorded msg prompts us to send a toll free sms queries to 121.
    When i did the same, I get a reply message which states that the server is not working.
    It is horrible with no one to be assisting you.

sachin singh Jul 10, 2008

dear sir i am using airtel prepaid sim . i want to send some piscatorial message of my daughter to my relative .
    my phone no is 9908630267 and my mobile model is NOKIA 2630 kindly activate GPRS in my mobile
    KInd regards

• Va
    varaprasad Aug 09, 2008

i plan to take the airtel BB . I SAY IN dasaram basti(back to esi hospital, s.r nagar) plz give that area airtel agent number.

• Mu
    murali Nov 05, 2008

pl give the details on this number 9177442998.

• Na
    nagarjunamudiraj Jul 17, 2009

the worse part of Airtel is its network, i am a airtel subscriber with number 9866971736 i live in village named thurkapally which is very near to risalabazar town about 2 km far from airtel cell tower but unfortunately i am not able to attend calls because of network problem. neither i can make a call or receive a call when i am in home, the worst part is when ever i want to make a call i should rush out side and make the call. the total meaning of mobile has changed. please look into this matter and solve the problem as soon as possible

unlock device issue

I have a Blackberry device. model 7230, which I purchased 3 years back. I called Airtel Blackberry to get it unlocked on 27/04/2207 at 6:00pm. I spoke to Priyanka and she asked me to provide a post-paid number from Airtel.

My first point is that if I do not have a post-paid number so this means Airtel Blackberry people will not even take your complaint because they simply say that out software can not do that, which is very silly and un-professional. This is really ridiculous. It is obvious that if someone has called to get his device unlocked so in most of the cases the person has already disconnected number.

Anyway, she then asked me to provide any of my friends number so that she can at least take my call and give me a ticket number. After spending approx. 20 minutes with her she took all me details along with my alternate number and told me that as the post-pid number doesn't belong to me so Airtel Blackberry technical person will call me on my alternate number. She gave me the ticket no. [protected] and told me that me device will get unlocked with in 72 hours.

I waited for 3 days, hoping that I will get a call but but then finally I again called Airtel Blackberry on 01/05/2007 7:45pm. I spoke to Gunjan Parashar and was surprised to hear that the complaint is already closed. the reason mentioned was that after speaking to the customer, the complaint is closed because the customer doesn't want this. I said I did not receive any call. Then he told me that they called on the post-paid number which I had given to Priyanka so that she can take my complaint. Gunjan told me that my alternate number is not mentioned anywhere. this was really shocking for me.

Anyway, as there is nothing I could do, I have logged the complaint again and my new ticket number is [protected].

He gave me this email address and advised me to send a mail so that the complaint can be escalated..

After wasting 4 days of my valuable time for just getting my own device for which I paid money and it is now out of the locking contact period, I hope someone will read this email and will atleast get my device unlocked.

I hope this email will make the services of Airtel Blackberry a little better and more professional and your customer care people will understand the value of time for other too. Also I think this will put some effect on the incompetent support and shamelessly negligence of Airtel Blackberry.

Rohit Pabby

• Ro
    rohan khanna Aug 30, 2007

I agree, Airtel is crap i am using it and they do like this only they always say we will call u in 48 hrs but when u call then back they will inform u that we called your number but that was not reachable i am facing network issues with my Airtel blackberry from past 6 months and they are not at all solving my issues i have 29 complain numbers so now u can imagine how crap Airtel is. I suggest everyone don't just watch ads on tv and buy do ask people who are using then u have to know how good is Airtel on reality ground.

• Su
    Sudarshan Feb 07, 2009

Get it unlocked from www.blackberry-unlock.net you will get the code instantly.

JAYS Apr 09, 2009

GOOD DAY SIR/ MADAM

I AM JAYS FROM NIGERIA A FRIEND OF MY SEND ME A AIRTEL BLACKBERRY BUT IT WAS REPORTED THAT THERE WAS NO SOFT WARE TO UNLOCK IT AT 2007 PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME IF I CAN GET THE SOFT WARE NOW. MY MY ADDRESS IS [email protected] you can reach me on my mobile +2348054596337, +2347032626806

• Ha
    Hades May 29, 2009

I work for ATT and understand your complaints are all valid. Regarding the first issue upon calling bad I would have respectfully asked for a manager as they could bend the rules based on the poor service of previous rep. That bieng said you have to read your contracts ppl even ATT will not unlock unless device is active on account! As for the poor reception person... *sigh* honestly that is not an issue if it was it should have been addressed within the 30 day buyers remorse period where you can cancel out without penalty based on poor reception!

Remember customer reps are ppl too we don't respect ppl yelling at us (at the company to be specific) treat others as you wish to be treated! This will ensure the customer rep will do everything they can to address your issue without biasedness!

• Rk
    RK - Timpac Jul 10, 2009

My blackberry is not able to receive the emails. Pls send your rep, to solve the problem.

Thks

Rajesh Khurana
    Mobile no. 9311758919

• Ai
    airtelissue Jun 06, 2011

I have taken airtel Blackberry services and from past 10 days my email service is not working properly and have spoken to Airtel Blackberry customer care so many times and they have told me that BB services need to be restored on your mobile and their engineer will visit me to resolve the issue, so far no one from airtel have contacted me .
    Service request Reference # 37791304

Thanks,

use of my premises without prior permission

The Airtel company has used my premises to lease telephone lines to five other premises without prior permission. The socket was installed when the previous resident had subscribed for airtel telephone service. I would like to know how the airtel has used our premises without prior permission.

Regards,
Manjunath

• Af
    afser May 09, 2009

sir,

i m afser, sir i have lost my sim card on may/7/2009, some one is useing my sim card, kindly i request to u sir block my sim card as soon as posible sir, pls

• Su
    SurendarRaj Aug 18, 2012

Hi manjunath,
    Even i am facing the same problem of airtel illegally installing their so called DP boxes on my premises.Repeated complaints to the local airtel technician who comes around to add new connection to boxes does not hear our pleas to remove the box from our premises.I have a pet dog running around and i am really worried that it might be harmed due to wires running around.

Please advise how to get them removed even after repeated complaints.

regards,
    Surendar Raj

very bad service!

I am a customer of Airtel postpaid mobile services from last 11 year. My number is [protected]. During a tour abroad I have lost my SIM. I made a complaint and block the SIM and request for a new SIM. I made a request on 28th April 2007 and I got only SIM but the services still not started. I have made complaint lot more times but the executives said that we required 4 hour to start the services.

The result is nil. I talked to enterprises services executive lot more times, Mr Imran khan ([protected]) assured but he was also not able to start the services till time.

I am not able to understand that what is the meaning of 4 hrs and commitment in the dictionary of Airtel.

The service is very bad.

• De
    Devender Singh May 03, 2007

I am a airtel customer. I have one postpaid and four prepaid connection of airtel. 16 of april i had requested to convert my number from prepaid to postpaid. The field executive has came and received my all docs. And after a long time i am still making call for the same process but there is no action. Each and every time a different customer care executive giving a different feedback. I have 7 request no. They are not giving any response for the same process and did not returning my documents. This is very bad service by airtel.

• Va
    vaibhav srivastava Jul 04, 2007

I have taken GSM Airtel postpaid connection in august of no.9867385690 in mumbai. I deposited rs. 500 as a deposit. But now since i am relocated to hyd. I want to disconnect this connection, so i called customer care and they said i have no deposit.

Ms puja is the person who communicated with me for this in august her no.+919867249820. When i called for disconnecting a connection connection is disconnected in 4 hours, but no response regarding my deposit rs.500. I asked them to adjust my deposit in my bill rest i will pay some are saying you have no deposit, while other are saying that i have to come mumbai for this.

Is it not funny that for rs 500 i will come to mumbai from hyd.

• Ni
    Nishul Gulati Sep 11, 2007

I am a airtel customer. I bought a airtel corporate postpaid connection 1198 yearly plan on 3rd August, 2007 with no 9958022077. The Concerned person from whom i bought this connection is Ms. Anju having contact no. 9810693514. One guy came to my home for verification on sunday, i was not at home that day and i called that guy to make my billing address to my Office address, as i was leaving in a rented house. Then After few days, the verification was taken at my office, but from that day my connection is disabled.

I asked customer care center and anju many times, they also don't have proper answer to my question. They always said there is some verification problem. Even I received My first bill at my home address, but still my connection is disabled.

I am in deep trouble as i am not able to use my airtel connection. Don't trust Airtel!

• Us
    usman ahmed Oct 25, 2007

I took a air tel connection some time back, but I am facing many problem it is a postpaid connection and just after 2 weeks I got a message that my sim is not registered. Can I know what the problem is and how will it be solved.

• Ba
    Bappa Ghosh Apr 25, 2008

I had a air tel prepaid conection of himachal pradesh 9816148412. now i want to switch on to post paid connection of west bengal carrying the same phone number is it possible.

• Bh
    bhuvan May 29, 2009

i have lot of connection airtel postpaid service. but the airtel 3rd class service i want to surrender my all of nubers. the one of the number is 09896266660. way of talk n way of responding of airtel customer care executive is tooo bad. i aurge to the govt of india and try to take some actions regading airtel.

poor and unprofessional customer care staff

This was on 29 apr 07, when I dialed 555 to retrieve my voice mail and got an regret message stating - cannot retrieve because I was out of city limits. Where as I was not. Hence i, for obvious reasons called up 121 - customer service, where I got to speak to mr ravi. This was at around 2000 hrs. He gave me an alternate no. Of [protected], to retrieve my messages, adding that I need to keep voice mail activated on only one type of situation where as I had kept it on for two - unavailable and busy. The later part of his voluntary information I found totally distorted, as the same setting was kept even in earlier days and it worked. I hung up my mobile and dialed the no. Given to me. Here I was asked for mobile password, which I had no clue about. Hence I again dialed 121, where I again got to speak to ravi, where he told me to type "tpin" and send it as text sms to 121, which will then help me generate my password. Following his instructions, I did exactly same as I was guided to. But instead I received an sms stating sorry, "match not found." I called up again and got to speak to javed. He totally non-cooperative, put me on hold and there I continued to be in. I hung up my call. I again tried what ravi had told me to do, this time assuming I had heard 't' for 'p' or may be 'e' hence typed 'ppin' and even 'epin' and smsed to 121 but it just did not work. Frustrated, by now, I called up airtel once again, and got to speak to javed again. After speaking to him, and before I could get my solution, my line was cut. I called up again, and again got javed this time and again I was put on unending hold, when I told him that I wanted to speak to ravi. I thought of trying one last time, and hence called up again - and this time got sujata on line, and explained to her entire problem once again, as I had done before to ravi and javed and also told her about the solution ravi gave that was not working out. Additionally asked her to put me through ravi on line, else to their manager, when she too put me on a never ending hold.

That was it, when I decided to write a complaint against this. It's just not working out - the attitude of the staff, how ill informed they are... What are they doing there in customer care department when they cannot cater for customers complaint, else don't even know where to direct them or guide them, properly.

madhusudhan Aug 20, 2007

It is exact correct

• Pr
    PRAMODINI M KARAPURKAR Dec 12, 2007

Mr Sunil Mittal,

My two E- Mails regarding deactivation of my mobile have not been replied. this is calous atttude. I am 80 yr old Lady & I HOPE YOU WILL SHOW SOME RESPECT & REPLY PROMPTY.

WITH BEST WISHES,

PRAMODINI KARAPURKAR

• Dr
    dr. shanker geeniga Nov 14, 2008

The hopeless service, Airtel really sucks... Their response towards customer is very poor, since two months i have repeatedly complaining for daily double deduction of money for gprsmo from my balance, but nobody can solve my problem, such a useless people those who are working there from hot line to call center and call center to upper managing directer level.

bills for the surrendered mobile card

This is regarding my postpaid Airltel mobile card with Number [protected] under the name j parabrahman which i have took earlier after submitting all required documents. In the month of January 12 2007 my wife has surrendered the card towards cancellation at the nearest Airtel mobile office near NCS theater , vizianagaram-535002, Andhra Pradesh after clearance of all dues as on that date and she has taken a new prepaid card with number [protected] under the name j s lakshmi from the same service center. Now we have received a bill of Rs.5071.42 towards the postpaid card which we have already surrendered. when we made a test ring to the same mobile number somebody is using the same number which we have surrendered in the month of January as stated earlier. The same matter we have informed to the service center 2 months back when we received the first bill after clearing all our dues they informed us that they will rectify this matter. But as we have subsequently got the second bill for the mobile which some other person is using which obviously mean that the service center people given the surrendered card to some one else or they are using the surrendered card for their personal purpose.

The biggest televenture like Airtel with numerous service centers but with the service people who misguide the innocent people and do the mischiefs like this for their personal benefits was never expected from our end.