ADThidden fees after contract

R

In February I called ADT/Protect Your Home Co to have an alarm installed. I was quoted a price to have the system fully installed in my house including door sensors for the front door, and two rear glass doors. Once I agreed to have the system installed and the tech came out to my house, I experienced ADT's first false advertisement. The system included in the price quoted to me does not include monitoring glass breakage of the rear doors. Instead it only monitors someone opening the door. I know how to lock my doors, I'm specifically concerned about someone breaking the glass and walking through the door without opening it. I was not in the mood to argue with the tech so I paid the extra amount.

Several months after the installation, I received a phone call saying that I had to pay a permit fee. I am certain the sales man I spoke to originally said that they would cover all permits. I told the person who repeatedly called me at work that I was told I did not have to pay this permit fee. After several calls, I asked to have the system removed and a full refund to which I was told that I would still have to pay out the 3 year contract. I asked to speak to a manger who immediately told me that the permit was already pulled and that I did NOT need to pay it. I asked him why I was harassed to pay this fee to which he simply apologized and assured me it would not happened again. Earlier this week (end of May) I got another call at work telling me I have to pay the permit fee. I told the person that I already spoke to a manager to which she said that the Manager said that now I had to pay the permit fee.

I wrote ADT directly but four days later I still have not heard back from them. I can only assume that they approve of Protect Your Home's unethical behavior and deceptive sales strategies. Yesterday I received a letter from ADT/Protect Your Home with a collection notices saying that I am overdue on my payment.

• At
    AtWork Aug 14, 2012

Permit Fees are from City and State, not the installer.
    Sorry.