The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved 5/3 Bank — overdraft fees
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
My husband accidentally used the wrong debit card to make a purchase, which caused our business account to be overdrawn by about $50. He only uses this account for small purchases normally ($1-$10 purchases like coffee and food) so we don't check the balance regularly and only keep $250 or so in it at any time. The account was only overdrawn by $50, but the $15 that was charged after the initial overdraft wound up costing us $185. $37 for EACH transaction (even though some were only about $1). We went to the bank, where the manager said there was nothing she could do about the fees, but that she would set it up so the debit card would not work if there were insufficient funds. She clicked around on her computer for about 30 minutes and finally said it was all set up and we wouldn't have any problems. Last week, a deposit that was supposed to go through was held up by a couple of days, and my husband continued to use the card, thinking it would stop working if there were insufficient funds. Not so. Apparently, the manager was wrong and you cannot 'freeze' a business debit card (so, what was she doing for 30 minutes was my first question, and my second question was what kind of bank manager doesn't know her own banks products and policies)? Of course, she failed to admit any wrongdoing and refused to refund the additional $111 in fees we incurred for 3 transactions that totalled less than $10. This bank and their employees are ridiculous and are making money by robbing their customers through unfair fees in my opinion. I have cancelled this account and will be moving all of my other accounts (that have substantially more than $250 in them) elsewhere.
More 5/3 Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service!
- Fifth Third Bank - credit card application security
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off!
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info)
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice
- Fifth Third Bank - new here:)
- Fifth Third Bank - stealing money through overdraft fees!
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory fees and deposit blocks on business checking
- Fifth Third Bank - total disregard of customers
- Fifth Third - lien release