Menu
Whirlpool
reviews & complaints

Whirlpool
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1042 complaints
565 resolved 477 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Whirlpool customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Whirlpool. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
9:19 am

Whirlpool - Top Load Washer Wtw5005kw

I purchased my washer 3 months ago and it stopped working. I called customer service and waited 40 minutes in queue. I was advised a service order was placed and a tech would call the day before. The day of the appointment I called CS again and again waited approx 40 min in queue again and discover the order was not put through. I waited a month for this appt and now another month I had to wait. Finally, a tech comes out and advises the part (actuator) is needed and whirlpool is going to use the old part because the new one is just not working is on back order and I may have to wait anywhere between 1-3 months for it to come in. I am a single mom who relied on the whirlpool name and you failed me. I spend 1 night a week of my life to go to a laundromat and spend around $30/week to wash my family's clothes. I have to expose myself to Covid because you produced a product with messed up parts and you knew about it. I spent my hard earned money on a new washer and I ended up with a mess. Whirlpool needs to make this right! this is crazy... I want this washer picked up and replaced with a working washer. I should not have to budget for laundromat expenses after purchasing a new appliance.

3 comments
Sep 30, 2021 4:13 pm

So sorry you are going through this. I am going to get a Miele even though they only sell compact machines now in the US. Love their dishwasher, won't buy any other brand so we shall see. What a mess. Sending you prayers for a properly serviced/replaced appliance. Go to BBB and file a complaint and don't quit. Pain in the neck. I'd try your local TV station or news/radio station too.

Aug 18, 2021 12:28 pm

Hey JoAnne, we completely understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. To easily schedule service online with one of our Local Certified Technicians, please visit the following link and select "Schedule Service" from the options listed. https://bit.ly/34dxt1A

Sep 30, 2021 4:11 pm

shocking useless reply. All over the internet, all I hear is that Whirlpool fails to pick up the phone quickly, misses appointments and doesn't have parts. don't sell what you cannot stand by or repair quickly. I get that COVID is messing with supply lines...pity we gave away our power to China - but step and make us proud. I am supposed to choose a W/D for my soon to be renovated home. I will NEVER buy Samsung anything and was hoping to get Miele, best there is/worth every penny. I read the Yale Appliance reviews and was going to buy whirlpool but after all the complaints on all the diff websites, heck no, not a chance.

U
3:13 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We purchased our home in November 2015. The prior owner had a connection for purchasing Whirlpool appliances at employee pricing. We bought the four piece kitchen from the owner and installed ourselves. We have a side by side refrigerator that the refrigerator door won't stay in place and slams open against the wall; a gas range that I have to lay on the...

D
10:24 am

Whirlpool - upright freezer

purchased new and freezes up with ice, faulty door after waiting for there warranty department to send service for 6weeks they said door was faulty and need to wait for parts approximately another 14 weeks, already lost $400 worth of food . have spent countless hours on hold. i have always use whirlpool appliances but now have purchased my last one

Desired outcome: replace freezer

Aug 03, 2021 1:06 pm

Hey Dennis, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

2:19 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a refrigerator at Home Depot on March 12 of this year and now we're at the end of July. I have had a problem with it freezing because it will never cool down and then everything freezes up and stops working. I have called whirlpool and Home Depot, I have had a technician at my house six times already and all he does is defrost the back panel...

12:56 pm

Whirlpool - Warranty product exchange promises not honored

Purchased a Maytag washing machine model MVWX655DW2 Oct 22, 2020. Machine stopped functioning in Jun 2021. As no technicians were available to fix it Whirlpool agreed to exchange it on June 23. I also paid for an upgrade as same model wasn't available. I was told the replacement machine was in stock and would arrive in two to three weeks at the most. The only tracking info I received showed the machine was to arrive at the servicing dealer July 08, but that the shipment was canceled. The transportation company confirmed that it was cancelled by Whirlpool even after the product was already in its possession. After many calls, emails, and "live chats", and many hours on hold I have been refused any kind of accurate information. I had even been told that the shipment had never been cancelled (I can provide link to tracking info that proves otherwise).

Given the lack of forthrightness and refusal to provide info, I am not confident I will receive any restitution.

Desired outcome: Product exchant

Update by JeffD888
May 09, 2022 1:04 pm

By the way, I just want to point out that this site did nothing to assist in rectifying the problem. It took going to legitimate organizations such as the BBB and the state attorney general. This site itself is run by greedy self-serving cowards.

Update by JeffD888
Jul 18, 2021 1:10 pm

This complaint seems to have been submitted before I was done with the comments.

I want to add that I will not appreciate it if Whirlpool responds by telling me to contact their products exchange division, or to "reach out" to them on Facebook. I have done both. Running around on social media giving lip-service to how much they care is not service at all. Each call to Whirlpool requires well over an hour on the phone, and then they refuse to address the matter honestly and to take care of it. I am done wasting my time contacting them.

Whirlpool refuses to give me any accurate information or tracking info, and have even claimed that the product was delivered. It wasn't, but they refuse to look in to it.

4 comments
Dec 02, 2021 12:28 pm

They are a joke they will not stand behind there products they expect you to pay full price for something that has to be repaired. Three or Four times in the first 6 months of purchace. They pay a repair man but won't replace there product. They done me in for a life time never again

Jul 20, 2021 12:20 pm

Hello JeffD888, please reach out to our Specialty Team for further questions or concerns.

Dec 02, 2021 12:30 pm
Replying to comment of

Who are these people I need them I'm so frustrated with whirlpool. Run around

Dec 19, 2021 2:07 pm

Their Specialty Team is just the same bunch of dishonest Whirlpool propagandists who do nothing to correct the problem. The only way to get restitution is to go to organizations such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the Michigan Attorney General. That's what I had to do and Whirlpool took action almost immediately. Dealing directly with Whirlpool means hours on hold on the phone only to be lied to. Also, warn anyone and everyone what garbage Whirlpool products have become, and the complete lack of any meaningful customer service.

K
9:45 am

Whirlpool - Washing machine wtw7120hw0

Purchased 10/26/20. We noticed an occasional pool of water on the floor near the softener dispenser corner. Problem got worse so called for service. Service technician 4/19/2021, technician found nothing said he would contact Whirlpool tech support. 6/28 2nd visit technician ordered new softener dispenser, water puddles getting larger. 7/14 new softener dispenser installed, water leak larger. Would like washer replaced as technician cannot find source of the leak.

Desired outcome: REplace washer

K
9:25 am

Whirlpool - WTW5000DW3

We bought our washer in November 2020. In February 2021, we called for a repair because our washer wasn't washing our clothes. They came and repaired it and the gentleman that came knew exactly what the problem was and was in and out in 10 minutes. Here we are July 2021 and the same exact thing has happened! We cannot get an appointment for service for 2 weeks and we are now without a washer for this time. At what point would you consider this washer a lemon ? Why is my family being put out for a machine that is 9 months old and I have had to call 2 times for service? Poor customer service on whirlpools part…..

Desired outcome: Repair service immediately or new washing maching

2 comments
Aug 17, 2021 12:43 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have the same problem with this model. I purchased it March 2021 and in July 2021 I requested service on Whirlpools website. They sent a tech and all he did was reset something on the panel and left. Same week I had the same problem, machine just grunts but doesn't agitate. I submitted service request and a different guy comes. He flips machine over and shows me some plastic part that controls the agitator that is not even engaged. He puts it in place, runs a test cycle and it appears to be ok. Sais it's fixed now you won't have that problem again. I wash a load and it agitates. The next load doesn't and I had to wash that load three times and agitate with my hands to get it clean. This is the third time i write it up and I instructed them to take the machine, fix it and run two test washes with clothes and watch it with the lid open so they can confirm that it in fact is washing. This is the first time in forty years I have purchased a lemon. I hope they can fix it so I can avoid a big hassle with the manufacturer.

Whirlpool - Maytag washer

My washer has been broken since end of May. It is still under warranty. Repair guy came out and did nothing and told me it wasn't anything wrong with it. It got worse. Guy came out again and had to order parts. That was the first part of June. I got not pats and called them again and they decided to get me a ew washer that order was put in June 23. Still nothing. Every time I call it is hours on hold. I am trying to find out where my new washer is now and have been on hold for 1 hour so far. Never again will I buy Whirplool/Maytag they are awful!

Desired outcome: New Washer

Whirlpool - Refrigerator

Hello. I purchased my side-by-side Whirlpool refrigerator 22 months ago, brand new from Lowe's. It is a piece of junk. Whatever is in the refrigerator placed on the freezer side freezes. I have turned the temperature down, etc and nothing-it still freezes items. I mentioned this to the rep. at Lowe's and was told that this is a common complaint with this model.
Model # WRS571CIHZ01.
After a long day at work, I have come home to a frozen Coke that exploded all over the refrigerator.
Don't waste your money.

Whirlpool - washer

Whirlpool Washer 2021 model WTW4816FW2,
What a waste of money.
Over an hour of sensing and water dripping in the tub and all it did was "sensing" water tout water in the tub. It hardly filled the tub and then it drained the tub.
I Never heard or saw the agitator turn.
The "deep water" selection and the tub hardly filled tub with water and then it just drained the tub, no agitator noise that it actually washed the clothes.
I had to unplug the machine for 5 minutes and then just selected spin to dry my clothes. I had to unplug the machine after 5 minutes of spinning since it did not come out of that cycle. With water and soap I needed my clothes and put them in the dryer. I doubt they were really washed. Wet and spun!
Waste of water. I also tried unplugging the machine for 5 minutes then plugging it in again. No better results.
This is a piece of junk with all the electronics. A wishing machine that does not wash clothes. The whirlpool customer service number you call for help are not helpful. They arrange a service technician from a private company 2 weeks later. And if they do not detect any failures they charge you $129 pus tax. I bought a 3 year extended warranty from Lowe's for this washer and still they will charge you $129 to come and look at the washer. What a ripoff. Never will I buy another Whirlpool product.

Desired outcome: I want a new washer delivered that works. I want the delivery men to wash a load of clothes to prove it works.

W
3:23 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Washer turns most of my white clothes tan colored. Also my colored clothes. The bottom of the barrel, in the washer, is tan colored. Machine worked good when I first bought it. After a few washers the clothes got stained a little. I thought it might be some colored clothes I put in with the whites. So I used just whites on the next wash. Most of the white...

E
11:43 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a washer and dryer set in 2019 from Costco with a 2 year warranty. I made a claim in June of 2020 because clothes were getting caught in the dryer drum and were stretching out and ripping clothes. Service came out under the warranty and said a new part need to be ordered. It took 10 moths for service to come back out to replace the part. Within...

6:05 pm
Whirlpool has left an official reply on this complaint.

Whirlpool - Whirlpool damaged my house during delivery of a refrigerator and is refusing to repair damage

I ordered a refrigerator from Whirlpool Inc, they offered free shipping and I accepted. The refrigerator was delivered by a 3rd party delivery service on 6/17. JB Hunt delivered the refrigerator as a subcontractor of Whirlpool Inc. JB Hunt scratched the refrigerator door handle, dented a hole into the sheetrock in our entranceway, and put two large gouges into the door jamb. After talking to 3 different levels of management Whirlpool reluctantly agreed to replace the scratched handle, but refused to assume liability for the damage caused to the entranceway and door jamb. I assumed that since I purchased the product from Whirlpool and they delivered it, that they would also provide the proper customer service and repair homes that were damaged during the delivery process. They do not offer any help, and only defer responsibility to another company with which I have no contract or exchange of money for services with. Whirlpool has refused to repair my house, and refuses to make repairs.

Desired outcome: Repair of damage caused during delivery

Update by [email protected]
Jun 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Is there any other way to discuss this besides social media?

L
1:48 pm

Whirlpool - wdta50sahz

Please I need to know why my utensils are not cleaned.
Ever since my purchase a year ago of this whirlpool dishwasher (new) my utensils are not being washed - I have to wash them by hand. Not very practical. Can you please explain why and what can I do. I have tried everything

Desired outcome: need answers

11:27 am

Whirlpool - Product, service & warranty

Refrigerator mod.#WRS325SDHB05
4/11/2021
Lowes Inverness, Fl.
Right door when open will not stop keep moving to the right
called service waited two weeks service came today 6/23/21 said was leveling problem adjusted door. showed no difference same condition door keeps moving to the right when opened

right door when open keeps going to the right, service came and leveled
and said that's the way the door hinges are made.

I told him the door stop should be replaced so door does not continue to the right

Desired outcome: replace door stop so door will stop at a 45 degrees

Jun 23, 2021 1:19 pm

Hey John Pinto, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

L
11:33 am

Whirlpool - Whirlpool Extended Service Plan

I purchased a Whirlpool Extended Service Plan for my range.

I have having problems with the oven and one of the burners but I cannot get anyone to assist with the extended service plan.

I want put on hold and music played for 1 hour 13 minutes before I hung up on June 21. I am now on hold and at the phone number 866-265-0028 and have been for over an hour.

They suggest you purchase the extended service plan but what good is it when you cannot get a representative to respond to it.

Jun 23, 2021 12:13 pm

We see that you are under an Extended Service Plan. In purchasing extended service coverage from a third - party administrator, you are contracting with and delegating authority to that provider to administer service and/or maintenance for your appliance in lieu of the manufacturer. Any decisions made by an extended service plan provider, in regard to continued repair of your product versus replacement or reimbursement or in regard to the service provider used to perform appliance repairs, are at the sole discretion of that service plan administrator. Whirlpool has no jurisdiction over your service plan or its administrator.

11:09 am

Whirlpool - whirlpool built in oven

we received our oven in March as we where putting it in the door glass explored we called whirlpool and they stated they would have someone come out and put another glass in we had to wait 2 weeks well after 2 weeks the service people stated they didnt have the glass that whirlpool would be sending it to me and that was in April it is now June and still have no glass in the oven door so we can not use it i have called over 3 times to them and still had no glass iam getting a run around everytime i call them call back in 3 days thats all keep saying

Desired outcome: want the glass fixed or a new oven door

Jun 11, 2021 12:41 pm

Hey Cathy Kennedy, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

9:55 am

Whirlpool - Fire Hazard - Whirlpool Dryer

While cleaning I pulled my Whirlpool Dryer away from the wall and disconnected its 220v power cord. I immediately observed some corrosion and resistive heat damage to one of the prongs on the cord. I appears to started melting the hard plastic on the plug itself. The unit is a front loading dryer model no LE7680XSW1 with serial number M90870677. I am not sure on the date of manufacture, it is an older model. The date the damage was discovered on the plug was 6/10/21.

Jun 11, 2021 12:40 pm

Hey stretch2563, we completely understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. To easily schedule service online with one of our Local Certified Technicians, please visit the following link and select "Schedule Service" from the options listed. https://bit.ly/34dxt1A

7:33 pm

Whirlpool - refrigerator not getting cold

we purchased a whirlpool refrigerator in 2018, since we have had it we have had it serviced every year or the same problem. the refrigerator stops getting cold and we lose all the food in the refrigerator. this is so ridiculous the service men said this refrigerator is known for this problem.wrf993fifm00 is the model number. obviously this unit is a lemon and would like a resolution or i will file a complaint with the bbb and attorney general.

Desired outcome: refund for refrigerator

Jun 11, 2021 12:33 pm

Hey Johnny metro, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

Hide full review

Whirlpool - Wire issue at bottom of refg.

The ice maker stopped working and we had a repair person out who checked the entire ice maker system and found a yellow wire at the bottom of the refrigerator that is disconnected. They would not repair this issue. How do I repair this issue to connect the wire. The refrigerator is only 1 1/2 years old. The model # WRS 517 CIHWO1 Ser. HR 938 37726. Louie Santo 248-987-2117
22140 River Pines Drive Farmingtion Hills Michigan 48335. If some one could call we would appreciate the assistance.

Jun 04, 2021 12:59 pm

Hey Betty Santo, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

Whirlpool contacts