Having problems with Wendy’s?

Wendy’s reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 2, 2007. The latest review service of food, and the behavior of employees. was posted on Apr 17, 2021. The latest complaint a manager was resolved on Oct 09, 2017. Wendy’s has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 1083 reviews. Wendy’s has resolved 110 complaints.

Wendy’s Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 624 8140 (Customer Care)
1 Dave Thomas Blvd
SatClosed
SunClosed

Wendy’s Complaints & Reviews

Wendy's / Homestyle Chicken — bone

I ordered a homestyle chicken sandwich as I were eating I bit into something hard, I stopped and pulled out a...

Wendy'sburger included dangerous ingredient

Until now, Wendy's was the only fast food restaurant I frequented. I was enjoying my burger when suddenly I bit down on something very hard. It was actually quite painful to unknowingly bite on something so hard. Imagine my surprise to find that it was a metal screw!! Had I swallowed the screw, it could have done serious damage. I'm just thankful that it was me, and not a small child, who got this particular burger.

If I want a burger from now on, I think I'll make it at home. This completely grosses me out. I do hope this was a random accident. To think otherwise would be a scary thought indeed!.

• We
      WestCoastLover Apr 17, 2014

True, redhatterb71, but I there is still a reasonable expectation of not finding pieces of metal in one's purchased food.

Wendy'scompletely filthy and unsanitary.

Restroom had several bodily fluids dripping on walls, which obviously were never cleaned and have been left to dry to the disturbing point that they become embedded in floor tiles. There was a foul odor in the restroom and dinning area as well. A major concern was the Blood on floor and trash can, totally ignored for a very long time. I've seen cleaner ports-johns. Filth was absolutely everywhere you looked. I was so freaked out I couldn't and wouldn't eat in that LaVale, Md. Wendy's. That's a first for a Wendy's that I've seen, to be so filthy. It was horrible. Once I advised employees of my disgust and told them I wouldn't be buying our lunches from them, I knew I made the right decision. Turns out the drink and condiment area was also filthy and unsanitary. Further shock hit me when I saw how dirty, grungy and downright Nasty the dining hall was. I left knowing this had to be reported!!

Wendy's — termination

Hi my name is Jeffery Cross i was terminated yesterday do to a situation that occurred. I was working doing...

Wendysfoul language by employee

We were in the Wendys in Tipp City on October 26, 2013 .We were waiting in line when a busload of kids came in. One of the employees walked across the front and said just fuc...g awesome! One of the other employees slapped him on the shoulder. My Husband & I couldn't believe a Wendys Employee would speak like that in front of customers!! We love Wendys and we go there often at home (near Toledo, Ohio).We just thought you should be aware of what happened.

Thank-you
      Fred & Kathy Winters

• La
          Latrice Williams Jul 03, 2014

I became very ill after eating their steak burger that is advertised for $1.49. The sandwich did not appear right because the bun was falling apart and I'm not sure if it was the sauce on the sandwich.

JoeKay Nov 11, 2013

I just can't imagine a freckle faced little girl talking like that.

Wendys44th and 3rd avenue

The managers are disrespectful, they would curse and then punish you if one curse word slips out of your mouth. The lemonade is made with tap water straight from the sink, there are roaches hidden through the cracks, they threw oil down the stairs damaging people things, and when you had a complaint the managers would not do anything about it until an argument broke out, also their was not much space to move around to get things done so when they had us doing multiple things at once it was hard to move around. They fired me because i was accused of stealing a frosty which I payed for but they didn't want to hear me because the easiest thing to do, since they were so busy was to just fire me. I even have bruises on my knee from when I was walking down the stores and I had fallen because the hand rail was broken off the wall and the stairs had oil on them. Lastly when I told my manager that I was going to sue him for not firing the manager who told me "I needed dick", and from false accusations he told me to go ahead. I complained to the corporate office but no one has called me back or has dealt with my situation. Wendys even had many consumers come back to the store to complain about food not being thoroughly cooked or for getting wrong orders. It is just a mess that Wendy's!

44th and 3rd avenue

Wendy's Paoli, Pa StorePlace is Filthy and Employees Don't Care

While I communicated the concerns regarding this location to the Wendy's Corporate Office, I have received no reply other than the auto-reply that they would be back to me in two days (no such luck).
          While this Wendy's location has had a series of personnel issues over the years to due Shady Mananagment, including luring foreign exchange workers to their company for "Managment Office Jobs" then sticking them in their stores as cheap counter labor, the Paoli Wendy's is at an all time low.
          This Wendy's is completely unsanitary from the front counter (where equipment is laying accross), the condiment stand that is mostly empty with kechup spills over it with trash piled on top, to the floors and tables in the dining area that are litered with spills and trash.
          When I communicated my concerns to the Manager and Employees, they told me that if I don't like it, there is a McDondalds down the street. It is time for the County Board of Health to step in. If you value your health, do not eat there!

Wendy's Fast Foodmisrepresentation

Dave Thomas was the founder of Wendy's and in interviews on many talk shows he stated that he has NO daughter named Wendy. so why is there a Wendy on TV saying that Dad wanted it that way. own your stuff lies are lies and there is NO Wendy so quit. are you saying that it is okay to lie to sell something. are you saying that to our children. stop lying.

• Fm
                F Matthews Oct 27, 2008

We were in the Wendy's this date. They were very very slow and unorganized. We must of been in line 20 minutes and there were others who had been longer than us. After we got our food, chili (the onions were not done) and 5 pc chicken nuggets, we sat down to eat and while we were eating I watched people who had been waiting and waiting leave - exactly 1/2 of the 16 people who were in line left at that time and I think l or 2 more left after that. We were very disappointed in the service and the chili not being done. There was 1 register open and people lined up all the way through the marked area and outside of it. Last week when we went for chili they said "someone didn't put it on to cook" so it wouldn't be done for several hours. I moved the vase of flowers so we could set our tray on the table and it was very dirty. What can be done?

Wendy'smistreatment

I've been working at Wendy's for about a year now. I'm one of their only sandwich makers. One day, I was working a day shift from 7:00 to 4:00. At around lunch rush, I was put on sandwiches. I'm making sandwiches and my manager complains that I'm not calling out orders. This is not normal for me because in the ten months I was working there, I never had to call out sandwiches due mostly to the fact that the other managers didn't care if I did or not. As long as I let them know if I was holding a sandwich, they were okay with it.
              Well, I was calling them out as asked. At one point, I told them I was holding a sandwich while waiting on meat for it. They had a sandwich in the drive thru lane so they grabbed it and sent it out to the wrong car. It was a spicy chicken meant for the car after the burger. The manager who told me to call out sandwiches yelled at me and asked why I didn't tell him. I told him I did and was immediately hushed. He told me I needed to be louder. So, when the sandwich came up, I said it louder. Apparently too loud as he got mad.
              That same day, around 2:30, I was making a half salad for drive thru. Someone up front ordered a grilled sandwich and I went to grab the chicken but realized I didn't have the grilled. I told the manager that he needed to go up front and tell them it would be an eleven minute wait. He said okay and walked to the front. Later, he comes to me and asked me, yelling I mind you, where is the grilled sandwich. I looked in my drawer, pointed, and said, "With what grilled?" After this, he calls me into his office.
              When I get into the office, he starts yelling and telling me that he is tired of my 'attitude' and he starts going off on how I am a terrible worker. I tried to say something and he said, quote on quote, "No, no. Let me f***ing finish!". He continues to yell at me until I get a break. I tell him that working sandwiches all the time is stressful. I apologized. I said to him, " I mean, how do you think this makes me feel?" His answer was extremely unprofessional, and I quote, " Frankly, I don't give a f**k."
              I told him I wasn't going to take this and I left the office, clocked out and went home. I am not putting this out here to fume, but just giving insight to what we deal with.

Wendy'sbad management for $7.21 an hour

The worst company I worked for in my entire job career. Although I don't work there anymore, it's safe to say after reading the varies comments on this forum, that I wasn't alone and that it IS very much the same at any Wendys as it appears. Yes I was harassed and talked down to by certain shift managers/co-workers and treated like a non-human. I was pressured to do everything the "Wendys way" whenever the district manager was present and it was a pain in the you-know-what. So Whenever the DM was at our store, we would perform staged theater but of course chaos occurred after DM left store and the atrocities continue! I mean you would swear you were working for a Nazi- concentration camp by the actions and ways these ### managers were treating the employees...

The co-workers were skin-headed and racist towards me and I remember never even being able to get a "30 minute break". I remember signing the agreement for "speak-out" yet haven't seen the information on the wall. The website that I posted on here will give you more information about my experience tat this place and what I'm doing right now that has literally changed my life. Dare I say it, but it could also change yours too if you read my story

bad management for $7.21 an hour

Wendy'smy drink

My family and I wen to Wendy's one day. I love Wendy's but I usually didn't go to the one we did. Well, the sweet tea tasted horrible. There was no sugar and it tasted like water tea. My mom brother and two other ladies returned their drink and demanded a different one. The lady behind the counter gave them their drink. I went up their and the lady got an attitude. I said "may i change" and i held up my drink and she snatched the drink out of my hand and said what do you want to drink. I wanted to slap the lady but I said... wait for it... soda. She whisper yelled which. I said i don't know and then she just gave me coke. I said i wanted sprite and she just looked at me. Someone else came and changed my drink.

• Sm
                      SMJ1 Aug 14, 2015

Not a complaint

Wendy'sceo's comments on what customer's care about

An Associated Press article published in today's 11/9/2012 Daily Herald quotes Wendy's CEO, Emil Brolick from a conference call with analysts covering Wendy's quarterly earnings report. He is reporting as saying that "Wendy's can keep improving the image of its food without paying that much more for ingredients." I understand that as good business in my opinion. However, I find the following quote an insult to the both the public's intelligence, taste and smart-spending habits. Unbelievable, Emil Brolick was quoted as saying during the Thursday call that it was the "perceived quality" that customers care about - not the actual ingredients". We believe that we can be more astute about that than we have been in the past." THANKS Emil for telling me Wendy's is heading to improve profits. I understand that as long as I "perceive quality", you believe that I'll continue to frequent Wendy's no matter the ingredients in my food??? Such honesty. The date of my last Wendy's visit will remain the same. Wendy's has lost my business. Thanks again, Emil. Gary in Aurora.

Wendy'sbad customer service

Today I was so excited to finally get a chance to order thee new Portobello Mushroom Cheese Burger theat has been advertised so widely... Once at theis location on 715 West 18the st Houston TX
                      i quickly became disappointed withe thee whole experience.
                      I was noticing thee supervisor lady at thee check out counter were being really rude to a poor older lady theat were saying her bowl of chili was half full and she just wanted more.. They keep trying to explain to her theat it's just like theat... I theought wow theey are so wrong and rude!!!
                      What thee hell?!? The world is going to end if theey add more chili to thee poor old ladies bowl? Got Damn for heaven sacks!!!
                      They should imagine what if theat was theeir grandma or parent, and not be so rude to an older lady at theat!!!
                      Anyways, I had placed my order after seeing theat hoping notheing would be wrong withe my stuff...
                      So I ordered thee mushroom burger combo and chili cheese fries and a large Raspberry Sweet Tea. Once I received thee food, I noticed theat thee cheese wasn't melted on thee chili cheese fries so I asked thee lady at thee counter to please put it in thee microwave but she just gave me a dirty loOK and stated she couldn't do theat cause it would melt thee plate...
                      I was like; Wow!!! Are you really serious!?!?!?!!! I guess its my turn to get bad customer service, right?
                      I said OK never mind theank you anyways...
                      I didn't want to argue, so I went to sit down..
                      Once I sat down sometheing told me before I take thee first bite, i decided to check my food.
                      I theought OH DAMN, is theis a Crazy Dream or a show or sometheing? Cause theere was only 2 Mushrooms in thee burger!!!
                      I wanted to get up and complain but theere was too many people ordering, still I decided to just blow it off and just shut up and eat my food..
                        I don't theink theese kind of workers should be in theis kind of business withe a bad attitude, specially when theey represent a big hamburger corporation like Wendy's. I'm a good customer of Wendy's but theis kind of event and service does not care for people to go back to theis Wendy's is what it seems.

• Sm
                          SMJ1 Aug 14, 2015

When you can't type out your words (grammar and spelling), it tells me that your complaint is bogus.

• Why The Long Faces Nov 08, 2012

Wendys chili cheese fries have two cheese on them, nacho and shredded. The shredded is not melted. That is how it is.

• Ra
                          RarelyComplain Nov 07, 2012

Wendy's hamburgers are so lousey you couldn't get me to go there for any reason. Buns that taste like cake. Meccch. Junk. Baby food.

• Ka
                          KatyLaLa Nov 07, 2012

I agree, it was very hard to read because of the grammar.

• Me
                          melissa.manier Nov 07, 2012

Sorry to hear about your poor dining experience, it's never fun getting unsatisfactory service. I don't necessarily agree though with your opinion on the older lady. The comment earlier was right in pointing out that you weren't quite aware of the whole situation. It could be that the same lady orders chili in there the same day, and always trys to pull that stunt.

Anyway, as far as your experience goes, I don't think you followed through with your complaint well enough. If you were that unhappy with your fries, then you should have asked for new ones. If you were unhappy with your burger, you should have told the manager. You didn't really give them a chance to fix the problem...

• IronGrudge89 Jun 01, 2011

You poor thing! Such a hard life being waited on in the comfort of your own vehicle. :( *hug*

• Je
                          JerrdS Jun 01, 2011

Bad customer service! I have been there several times and the customer service keeps getting bad to horrible. They make their customers drive up and wait for their order and they are not giving our the receipts, only the ATM receipts. Once, they made me back up and drive up so the timer would reset.

Wendysslowb service

The drive through was soooo slow, as I watched the McDonalds across the street processed 15 cars while Wendys did 2!
                        After I finally got my "baconator" back to the office 3 minutes away, It was ice cold and there was no ketchup for my fries. Did they ask, would you like some ketchup? No! Did they say sorry for the 10+ minute wait? No! Will I ever go back to this Wendys? Hell NO!

Wendy's — unstable mgr at drive thru

11:55 pm Pulled up to order a chicken burger and the woman said "what"? so I raised my voice believing that...

Wendyspoor employee relations

i have been with wendys for over 20 years and i have never felt so bad as i did when we had a visit from our new DM and some one else by the name of jim who came in with her he never introduced his self to us nither did she when she came to our store they were very stuck up and ungrateful u know what u may make more money then me and were a different out fit to work but u r no better then anybody else we r human not to be treated like low lifes all u care about is procedure and your bottom line well let me tell u if not for us u people would not have a job and the customers would not come back so the next u walk into a store with that attitude think about it i well work harder for someone i respect before someone i dont things have sure changed over the years but not for the better and guess what had my 24 years i have been at wendys no raise no thank you no nothing wow u get what u pay for

Wendy's - Frosty's — changed the formula??

I have been a Frosty fan of Wendy's for years and now I find that the Frosty is no longer of quality...

Wendy's — great fries ruined by way too much salt!!! -

Wendy's is the only place I buy my French Fries. Even if I buy the rest of my meal somewhere else, I...

Wendy'sspit in food

Proof of supervisor spitting in food. Kyra johnston is the name. I'm so discussed. Never again will I eat there. Email me and I'll send proof. Lorissa.[protected]@gmail.com

• Ka
                                kaylarenee Aug 03, 2012

Lol.. it's a credit card. Of course you have to make a payment at the end of the month. What did you think? The $9 was going to magically pay itself? I work for Old Navy and we are trained to tell you exactly what you need to know when signing up for a card. Just because you forgot to pay off your credit card doesn't make Old Navy a bad company. Even if you didn't get a statement in the mail.. you would think you'd be responsible enough to call and ask why? There was no way you weren't aware that you were charged $9 to the card because we even give you a SLIP to SIGN for the charge. It's not the companies fault that you're too lazy to read.

• Go
                                goodiegirl Aug 03, 2012

Oh and another thing... this Lorissa chick lives in Lewiston, ID... this supposed "incident" happened in a completely different state and which none of her friends work with Kyra nor does this Wendy's have surveillance cameras Soooo in all honesty, how does she have PROOF?! SMH... this girl needs to get a life...

• Go
                                goodiegirl Aug 03, 2012

What's funny, is that this was all a joke... people got mad and took it seriously but no one spit in anyone's food. . . Actually the supposed "proof" she had, was a petty picture of a facebook status which didn't include the comments that stated "No one actually spit in the food." If you want proof, call the store because people who were working that day know that nothing happened... as for Lorissa, she should go jump her fat ### off a cliff for trying to ruin this girl's job and reputation! Especially when this job is what supports her 2 year old son!

Sincerely,
                                Kyra's very pissed off best friend :)

• Du
                                Ducky87 Jul 21, 2012

That's disgusting if that did in fact happen.

Wendys — fingernail in my sandwich!

My friend and I decided to go and eat at Wendy's yesterday for lunch. I ordered the spicy chicken...