Having problems with Wendy’s?

Wendy’s Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 624 8140 (Customer Care)
1 Dave Thomas Blvd
Thu9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Wendy’s Customer Service. Initial Wendy’s complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Wendy’s above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Wendy’s. Discuss the issues you have had with Wendy’s and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Wendy'smistreatment

I've been working at Wendy's for about a year now. I'm one of their only sandwich makers. One day, I was working a day shift from 7:00 to 4:00. At around lunch rush, I was put on sandwiches. I'm making sandwiches and my manager complains that I'm not calling out orders. This is not normal for me because in the ten months I was working there, I never had to call out sandwiches due mostly to the fact that the other managers didn't care if I did or not. As long as I let them know if I was holding a sandwich, they were okay with it.
Well, I was calling them out as asked. At one point, I told them I was holding a sandwich while waiting on meat for it. They had a sandwich in the drive thru lane so they grabbed it and sent it out to the wrong car. It was a spicy chicken meant for the car after the burger. The manager who told me to call out sandwiches yelled at me and asked why I didn't tell him. I told him I did and was immediately hushed. He told me I needed to be louder. So, when the sandwich came up, I said it louder. Apparently too loud as he got mad.
That same day, around 2:30, I was making a half salad for drive thru. Someone up front ordered a grilled sandwich and I went to grab the chicken but realized I didn't have the grilled. I told the manager that he needed to go up front and tell them it would be an eleven minute wait. He said okay and walked to the front. Later, he comes to me and asked me, yelling I mind you, where is the grilled sandwich. I looked in my drawer, pointed, and said, "With what grilled?" After this, he calls me into his office.
When I get into the office, he starts yelling and telling me that he is tired of my 'attitude' and he starts going off on how I am a terrible worker. I tried to say something and he said, quote on quote, "No, no. Let me f***ing finish!". He continues to yell at me until I get a break. I tell him that working sandwiches all the time is stressful. I apologized. I said to him, " I mean, how do you think this makes me feel?" His answer was extremely unprofessional, and I quote, " Frankly, I don't give a f**k."
I told him I wasn't going to take this and I left the office, clocked out and went home. I am not putting this out here to fume, but just giving insight to what we deal with.

Wendy'sbad management for $7.21 an hour

The worst company I worked for in my entire job career. Although I don't work there anymore, it's safe to say after reading the varies comments on this forum, that I wasn't alone and that it IS very much the same at any Wendys as it appears. Yes I was harassed and talked down to by certain shift managers/co-workers and treated like a non-human. I was pressured to do everything the "Wendys way" whenever the district manager was present and it was a pain in the you-know-what. So Whenever the DM was at our store, we would perform staged theater but of course chaos occurred after DM left store and the atrocities continue! I mean you would swear you were working for a Nazi- concentration camp by the actions and ways these ### managers were treating the employees...

The co-workers were skin-headed and racist towards me and I remember never even being able to get a "30 minute break". I remember signing the agreement for "speak-out" yet haven't seen the information on the wall. The website that I posted on here will give you more information about my experience tat this place and what I'm doing right now that has literally changed my life. Dare I say it, but it could also change yours too if you read my story

bad management for $7.21 an hour

Wendy'smy drink

My family and I wen to Wendy's one day. I love Wendy's but I usually didn't go to the one we did. Well, the sweet tea tasted horrible. There was no sugar and it tasted like water tea. My mom brother and two other ladies returned their drink and demanded a different one. The lady behind the counter gave them their drink. I went up their and the lady got an attitude. I said "may i change" and i held up my drink and she snatched the drink out of my hand and said what do you want to drink. I wanted to slap the lady but I said... wait for it... soda. She whisper yelled which. I said i don't know and then she just gave me coke. I said i wanted sprite and she just looked at me. Someone else came and changed my drink.

• Sm
          SMJ1 Aug 14, 2015

Not a complaint

Wendy'sceo's comments on what customer's care about

An Associated Press article published in today's 11/9/2012 Daily Herald quotes Wendy's CEO, Emil Brolick from a conference call with analysts covering Wendy's quarterly earnings report. He is reporting as saying that "Wendy's can keep improving the image of its food without paying that much more for ingredients." I understand that as good business in my opinion. However, I find the following quote an insult to the both the public's intelligence, taste and smart-spending habits. Unbelievable, Emil Brolick was quoted as saying during the Thursday call that it was the "perceived quality" that customers care about - not the actual ingredients". We believe that we can be more astute about that than we have been in the past." THANKS Emil for telling me Wendy's is heading to improve profits. I understand that as long as I "perceive quality", you believe that I'll continue to frequent Wendy's no matter the ingredients in my food??? Such honesty. The date of my last Wendy's visit will remain the same. Wendy's has lost my business. Thanks again, Emil. Gary in Aurora.

Wendy'sbad customer service

Today I was so excited to finally get a chance to order thee new Portobello Mushroom Cheese Burger theat has been advertised so widely... Once at theis location on 715 West 18the st Houston TX
          i quickly became disappointed withe thee whole experience.
          I was noticing thee supervisor lady at thee check out counter were being really rude to a poor older lady theat were saying her bowl of chili was half full and she just wanted more.. They keep trying to explain to her theat it's just like theat... I theought wow theey are so wrong and rude!!!
          What thee hell?!? The world is going to end if theey add more chili to thee poor old ladies bowl? Got Damn for heaven sacks!!!
          They should imagine what if theat was theeir grandma or parent, and not be so rude to an older lady at theat!!!
          Anyways, I had placed my order after seeing theat hoping notheing would be wrong withe my stuff...
          So I ordered thee mushroom burger combo and chili cheese fries and a large Raspberry Sweet Tea. Once I received thee food, I noticed theat thee cheese wasn't melted on thee chili cheese fries so I asked thee lady at thee counter to please put it in thee microwave but she just gave me a dirty loOK and stated she couldn't do theat cause it would melt thee plate...
          I was like; Wow!!! Are you really serious!?!?!?!!! I guess its my turn to get bad customer service, right?
          I said OK never mind theank you anyways...
          I didn't want to argue, so I went to sit down..
          Once I sat down sometheing told me before I take thee first bite, i decided to check my food.
          I theought OH DAMN, is theis a Crazy Dream or a show or sometheing? Cause theere was only 2 Mushrooms in thee burger!!!
          I wanted to get up and complain but theere was too many people ordering, still I decided to just blow it off and just shut up and eat my food..
            I don't theink theese kind of workers should be in theis kind of business withe a bad attitude, specially when theey represent a big hamburger corporation like Wendy's. I'm a good customer of Wendy's but theis kind of event and service does not care for people to go back to theis Wendy's is what it seems.

• Sm
              SMJ1 Aug 14, 2015

When you can't type out your words (grammar and spelling), it tells me that your complaint is bogus.

• Why The Long Faces Nov 08, 2012

Wendys chili cheese fries have two cheese on them, nacho and shredded. The shredded is not melted. That is how it is.

• Ra
              RarelyComplain Nov 07, 2012

Wendy's hamburgers are so lousey you couldn't get me to go there for any reason. Buns that taste like cake. Meccch. Junk. Baby food.

• Ka
              KatyLaLa Nov 07, 2012

I agree, it was very hard to read because of the grammar.

• Me
              melissa.manier Nov 07, 2012

Sorry to hear about your poor dining experience, it's never fun getting unsatisfactory service. I don't necessarily agree though with your opinion on the older lady. The comment earlier was right in pointing out that you weren't quite aware of the whole situation. It could be that the same lady orders chili in there the same day, and always trys to pull that stunt.

Anyway, as far as your experience goes, I don't think you followed through with your complaint well enough. If you were that unhappy with your fries, then you should have asked for new ones. If you were unhappy with your burger, you should have told the manager. You didn't really give them a chance to fix the problem...

• IronGrudge89 Jun 01, 2011

You poor thing! Such a hard life being waited on in the comfort of your own vehicle. :( *hug*

• Je
              JerrdS Jun 01, 2011

Bad customer service! I have been there several times and the customer service keeps getting bad to horrible. They make their customers drive up and wait for their order and they are not giving our the receipts, only the ATM receipts. Once, they made me back up and drive up so the timer would reset.

Wendysslowb service

The drive through was soooo slow, as I watched the McDonalds across the street processed 15 cars while Wendys did 2!
            After I finally got my "baconator" back to the office 3 minutes away, It was ice cold and there was no ketchup for my fries. Did they ask, would you like some ketchup? No! Did they say sorry for the 10+ minute wait? No! Will I ever go back to this Wendys? Hell NO!

Wendy's — unstable mgr at drive thru

11:55 pm Pulled up to order a chicken burger and the woman said "what"? so I raised my voice believing that...

Wendyspoor employee relations

i have been with wendys for over 20 years and i have never felt so bad as i did when we had a visit from our new DM and some one else by the name of jim who came in with her he never introduced his self to us nither did she when she came to our store they were very stuck up and ungrateful u know what u may make more money then me and were a different out fit to work but u r no better then anybody else we r human not to be treated like low lifes all u care about is procedure and your bottom line well let me tell u if not for us u people would not have a job and the customers would not come back so the next u walk into a store with that attitude think about it i well work harder for someone i respect before someone i dont things have sure changed over the years but not for the better and guess what had my 24 years i have been at wendys no raise no thank you no nothing wow u get what u pay for

Wendy's - Frosty's — changed the formula??

I have been a Frosty fan of Wendy's for years and now I find that the Frosty is no longer of quality...

Wendy's — great fries ruined by way too much salt!!! -

Wendy's is the only place I buy my French Fries. Even if I buy the rest of my meal somewhere else, I...

Wendy'sspit in food

Proof of supervisor spitting in food. Kyra johnston is the name. I'm so discussed. Never again will I eat there. Email me and I'll send proof. Lorissa.[protected]@gmail.com

• Ka
                    kaylarenee Aug 03, 2012

Lol.. it's a credit card. Of course you have to make a payment at the end of the month. What did you think? The $9 was going to magically pay itself? I work for Old Navy and we are trained to tell you exactly what you need to know when signing up for a card. Just because you forgot to pay off your credit card doesn't make Old Navy a bad company. Even if you didn't get a statement in the mail.. you would think you'd be responsible enough to call and ask why? There was no way you weren't aware that you were charged $9 to the card because we even give you a SLIP to SIGN for the charge. It's not the companies fault that you're too lazy to read.

• Go
                    goodiegirl Aug 03, 2012

Oh and another thing... this Lorissa chick lives in Lewiston, ID... this supposed "incident" happened in a completely different state and which none of her friends work with Kyra nor does this Wendy's have surveillance cameras Soooo in all honesty, how does she have PROOF?! SMH... this girl needs to get a life...

• Go
                    goodiegirl Aug 03, 2012

What's funny, is that this was all a joke... people got mad and took it seriously but no one spit in anyone's food. . . Actually the supposed "proof" she had, was a petty picture of a facebook status which didn't include the comments that stated "No one actually spit in the food." If you want proof, call the store because people who were working that day know that nothing happened... as for Lorissa, she should go jump her fat ### off a cliff for trying to ruin this girl's job and reputation! Especially when this job is what supports her 2 year old son!

Sincerely,
                    Kyra's very pissed off best friend :)

• Du
                    Ducky87 Jul 21, 2012

That's disgusting if that did in fact happen.

Wendys — fingernail in my sandwich!

My friend and I decided to go and eat at Wendy's yesterday for lunch. I ordered the spicy chicken...

Wendyscustomer service - drive thru

Have not visited since last problem I had, but did not have much of choice. Ordered a double baconator, got a single. I remembered last experience and checked to see if the order was complete in the parking lot. sure enough it was wrong. I have yet to have an order correct at this location. If you must go, go inside (be warned that it is very dirty) or do not leave the drive through window without confirming everything. (even though they throw the bag at you and close the window without a word). Manager was very surly, I will not go again.

• Th
                      The Real Mrs. Jackson Nov 13, 2013

I purchased a baconator from wendys on 27th Capitol drive Milwaukee Wisconsin. The burger was $5.89 there was one slice of bacon on it wit broke up burnt.

• Al
                      alex999 Jun 06, 2012

i went to wendys once, and i mean once. at least they put one patty on your bun! they only gave me the bun and some lettuce!

Wendy's — manager fired employee over family matter

My name is LeClare Lawson and I am a former employee of Wendy's. I was on my way to work this morning...

Wendy's — rude employee

The manger that was working May 25, 2012 at 6:23pm Jordan. was a very rude person to another customer. I did...

Wendy’slong wait in line at wendy's drive-thru

After a long day at work on my way home my husband insisted on us not having to cook on X-mas eve. He wanted to go to MCDonalds and I insisted that Wendy’s would be much better and how much I love Wendy’s Hot Chili. We were parked behind a customer for more than 10minutes and we were wondering how much can this people be ordering since they were taking a very long time. It was our car and another car behind us that had been waiting for our turn. When we finally got to the speaker to place our order the employee on the speaker told us they couldn’t take our order that their grill was turned off and closed for the night.

Which I believe was not true how can it be turned off and still have to cook the order for the car from Maryland that had taken over 10 minutes with their order. A young male employee also came out and told us we can’t take your order, we explained to them how we had chosen to be parked their for more than 10 minutes instead of going to McDonalds and he told us that they would not help us it was closed and that was it. My husband and I were very dissapointed. We went to MCDonalds down the street that was is being remodeled and we received the best customer service!

My husband told me, we should have come here in the first place. This Wendy’s is at Central Fl Parkway by SeaWorld.

• Bl
                        bloved May 16, 2012

Maybe the people in front of you were as annoying as you were so it took the employees 10 mins to explain that the store was closed.

Wendy’sdifficult work conditions at wendy's

I have just recently moved to Louisiana from Massachusetts about 4 or 5 months ago and I have been working at Wendy’s for about 3 and a half months .and so far I’ve been what I think is a model employee in 3 and a half months I have never missed a day I have never been late, I always come when I’m called to come in . Now I told you that to tell you this. Now sence I’ve worked on several occasions I’ve worked 10 plus hours with out breaks.

I plan on going back to school very soon and I came to the management about that and I told them that I might have to tweak my schedule a little bit and I still have to make a living so the only day I had asked them to take me off the schedule was Fridays and then the next thing I know is the following week I was taken off the schedule every day but Fridays . Witch to me seems a little unfair and maybe a little retaliatory !

And further more I opened a bank account about 6-8 weeks ago just so I can set up direct deposit for my self so all my bills could be paid on time so I brought my bank info to my manager so I can get it all set up and sence then my direct deposit hasn’t gone threw wich throws me into finachle debt because all my bill electronicly pull out on every other Friday sence I get paid bi weekly and every time my bills go to pull out and theirs no money in my account do to no direct deposit I get charged 25 $ in surcharges no I’m righting so I can hopefully get all this stuff rectified….

• Id
                          Idocare Aug 01, 2016

Maybe you should!

• Sg
                          Sgurne Aug 01, 2016

I went to wendy’s to eat and the service was slow and lousy. there was very few people there yet when the cashier did come she was not nice. I was asking questing and she still got the order wrong. Yet I paid for my food over 20.00 and sat down.

Well me and my two nieces were about to eat when a cricket fell from the ceiling and landing on her burger. Well she is only nine years old so she jumps up and start running around the restaurant screaming non of which the manager who is Hispanic came out to see what was going on. They could have been getting rob, but no response.

I went to the counter after 20min of calming my niece and told the cashier what happen and asked to see the manager. She came out with no remource of any such thing and said I wonder what was going on and but I will replace her meal. So we waited another fifteen min. nothing so the cashier brought out another drink and fries and when the burger came up she yelled across the restaurant and said your burger is ready . Maybe I should be calling a lawyer instead .

Wendy'ssame wendy's same problem complain number 9,

I was at a local dinner party last night with my husband and we left around midnight and we had taken seperate cars. I decided to stop off at Wendys(the same location from the last complaint)since it was close by and still open, to get a frosty. This was at midnight, an hour before they are scheduled to close as advertised on their window. I didn't get any response at the drive thru speaker again so I drove up to the window. Lo and behold no one was there again. So I pulled up to the dining area and guess who was all sitting at a table eating again?? You guessed it, all the Wendys employees who should have been working. This time I was the one driving and my husband wasn't with me. So I parked and went and banged on the door. The manager Stephanie came to the door and I asked her why they were eating and not working, and that I wanted a Frosty". She said she they were still open and they could make me one;. Then I asked her why she wasn't at the drive thru to take my order:. She said they still keep the headset with them, but that the dining room was closed:. I told her I didn't want to eat in the dining room anyway, I came through the drive thru.. Also, if she had the headset on she would have been able to hear me when I started asking if anyone was there at the speaker|. She didn't have it with her as I could tell/. She lied to me.. I just drove on and I am calling the Wendys headquarters again today.

• JuliePooh51265 May 07, 2012

Actually separate is the correct spelling. Cares, however, is incorrect.

• Th
                            theone899 May 07, 2012

If you had problems from this one location, why do you continue to return? They obviously do not care about your business so do not give them any. This was expected so why are you still complaining about a frosty? Move on ...

Wendy’srude wendy's management with nasty food

The wendys on san jose next to the sun tire in jax fla is nasty dirty and the employees are rude loud and very disrecpectful also there manager named edward with the greasy hair is nasty to the customers as well as the employees i heard him curse at an employee and i called the 800 number and he still there the store is very very dirty they serve half cooked burgers and chicken fries always cold that is the worst place to eat and if its the last place on earth to eat i would rather die i just thought ppl should know.

We went through the drive through to order food. At the location of 2525 Barrett Parkway, Marietta Ha. We asked if there were regular chicken nuggets on your 99 cent menu. They told us no, and told us the price of the nuggets. We ordered regular nuggets AND spicy nuggets. We got both spicy nuggets. While I was checking the order, we saw the mistake and had to drive back. We had not recieved a receipt for our order. We wanted to change out the nuggets and these people where so rude!

Not only did they basically call us liars when we told then the mix up. They wouldn’t even switch them out with charging the extra 30 cents. It is 30 cents! How rude could this entire crew be over nuggets and 30 cents? Sorry wendys, if you are struggling so much that you have to keep people like this on your staff and get your thirty cents when this crew messed up. Then you can keep them, and loose this customer instead.

• Id
                              Idocare May 04, 2012

When did Edward fire you?

• Al
                              Alicia Dec 23, 2011

Wendy’s Restaurantvery dissatisfied customer

Iv been working a Wendy’s for a little over 3 months and sence then iv put up with working 10 pluss hour straight with no break iv opened a bank account jst so I can have direct deposit so my bills could be paid on time and it’s been almost 2 months sence then and my direct still hasn’t gone threw and on top of that I asked them to tweak my schedule because I’m going back to school and they took me off the schedule every day but the one I asked for which to me seems a little unfair and some what retaliatory.

But if it is I don’t know why cause iv never missed a day I’m always on time and I always come in when Im called but any way thanks for Lisening if any one is. I WENT TO THE WENDY’S LOCATED IN plaza in troy ny. I went there for lunch and the manager was rude, slaming my food on the tray and nasty. first i asked for the manager and to my surprise it was the person who was waiting on me. She needs to go back to management school or maybe not be working with the public at all. to have a manager slamming food telling customers to wait and then act like she was doing us a favor by taking our orders.

POOR POOR DISPLAY FOR A MANAGER TO SHOW HER EMPLOYEES LET ALONE THE CUSTOMER. I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK TO THAT WENDY’S. VERY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER.