Menu

complaints

Wayfair Complaints Summary

10 Resolved
316 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Wayfair with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Wayfair has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Wayfair. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Wayfair complaints 326

Sort by:

Newest Wayfair complaints

3:22 pm EDT

Wayfair Natural Stone Floor Clock Fountain with Light

I purchased a fountain clock plus 5yr protection plan. twice I had a problem, first time they replaced the pump. second time the whole fountain clock was going to be replace, but the fountain clock was discontinued. at that time I was told I would get a refund of $417.26 for the fountain clock plus $122.72 for part of the protection plan, that was on 09/03/2021. I was told it would go back on my original credit card which doesn't exist anymore, it was transfer to another credit company. as of today I still do not have my credit of $539.98. an yes I've call constantly with no success, I have all documentation of who and when I spoke to them

Desired outcome: received my refund that's do to me

3:03 pm EDT

Wayfair Order number [protected]

Good afternoon. I am contacting you today concerning a product purchached that did not meet the expected quality of work that it should have. in short, it did not work at all.

I called to return the item and I received an email from an Natalie W. requesting I send email of a picture of the items packaging and other pictures and other. I called to tell her I did not know how to do this on email or text she very rudely asked if I could get my neighbor to do it. When I declined, she went on asking about my daughter. Very unprofessional. I explained again that I did not have these options to do this and I was willing to mail the item back, I just wanted return label, she very rudely stated I have been "advised". I do not know what that means.

Desired outcome: I would like to have the money back for the purchased item immediatly. The name the item was purchased under is: Lester Hooker - 706 S Marlyn Ave Essex, MD 21221 you can reach me at [protected] or [protected]@yahoo.com.

4:29 pm EDT

Wayfair Handyman services scheduled by you for today [protected] at 1:30. It's 3:09 and theyey haven't shown.

I purchased a red outdoor tulip glider from you and it arrived promptly. Thank you. Y'all scheduled Handyman to come put it together for me. The appointment was for today, June 11, at 1:30 and they have not shown. I understand this isn't earth shattering but cannot figure how to get in touch with them. I tried the number given me and to no avail. I was told to reconfigure my address or something which I don't have a clue what the automated voice was talking. Since you scheduled it in the first place I am hoping you will be kind to have them take care of this. I am expecting family from Arizona to visit next few days and really want to be ready for them. Please help. I do thank you so much.

Desired outcome: Just want them to put my glider together as quickly as possible. It's here and the service is already paid for. Thank you!

7:37 pm EDT

Wayfair Recliner CH 43036

I purchased this recliner in February 2022, reported issues with it on March 1st. They asked me to send pictures, etc. I didn't have access available to do that until the chair arm collapsed the beginning of May. I had my nephew come over and take a picture which I sent them and asked what they planned to do about this and have received no response. I am under the weight requirement listed on the product so didn't think I would have issues with it. Poorly built, the arms weren't part of the the main base as you would expect with furniture built well. I am currently sitting in a chair that is 100 years old with no issues. Problems reported the first round was the chair would recliner fully and I had to get out of the chair to get the leg portion to fold back under the chair, also the copper looking buttons kept falling out. The massage and heat option was extremely noisy so didn't use it as it bothered my downstairs tenant. However, when the arm literally folded I ended up having to call 911 to assist me in getting off the floor.

Desired outcome: I would like a refund for this product.

7:06 pm EDT

Wayfair Not fulfilling order

My order number is [protected]...I ordered durning one of wayfairs sales. I orderes a patio set, one reason was that they had a great price. I waited over 3 weeks then to find out i wasn't getting it due to the fact that they said price was to low...Well i didn't put the price up there, i bought now i'm just wanting to get what i paid for...I really think this is a case of bait and switch...Your employee said well we can't deliver the product you ordered but well give you 10% off on a future order. I'm not at all inpressed with that offer...All i'm asking for is that your company keep their end of the bargain...Bought on april 27 2022

Desired outcome: PLEASE JUST SENT WHAT I ORDERED THNAKS

4:05 pm EDT

Wayfair Order #‌ [protected] Cancelled

During WayDay sale, I purchased a patio set. Three weeks later, I received email, order was cancelled due to item being "oversold". Item is still available on website at higher priced. I reached out to customer service and was advised, "this item was part of a pricing and product listing error that caused this product to be significantly marked down. As soon as we were made aware of the issue, we cancelled the related orders." I was given a 10% coupon code for my next order.

Desired outcome: I request that WayFair fullfil the order as placed and confirmed by them.

6:36 am EDT

Wayfair Sectional Sofa

I bought a sectional sofa online March 2, 2022. When we got it, it had a couple small tears, but they were under the pillows, so they are not visible. My major complaint is that it is the most uncomfortable sofa I have ever sat on. It's hard as a rock, it sits to low, and the back is too low. I bought risers to lift it a little higher, which helped some. I kept thinking that the sofa would grow on me, but, when my husband told me last night that he didn't like sitting on it because it was too hard and too small, I thought I would file the complaint now. I'm sure there is nothing we can do about it now since we've had the sofa a little over a month, but it may help someone else make a better choice. I won't be using Wayfair for anything ever again.

Desired outcome: I would like some kind of compensation, like a refund, a partial refund or maybe we could work something out. You can send any kind of response to my email address below.

M
3:28 am EDT

Wayfair floating tv stand and table

i spent almost 900 dollars and 180 for instalation and also 2 hundred for 5 years coverage and when the product arrived there was no parts to put it together ,no lights ,they told me wait 2 weeks !that is bad for new people coming to shop i want my money back i put all my old things outside to welcome your product i am sick !why would they do this to people!

Desired outcome: none

M
2:23 pm EDT

Wayfair Honoring a discount

Hi - My name is Mike Quaid and I would like to file a complaint as I was not given the 10% discount as advertised per a piece of mail I received.

On April 9th my wife ordered a couch order # [protected] and on April 14th or 15th I received a flyer in the mail advertising 10% off on all orders promo code YDPBBURZ2E2X, see picture attached. I tried to call the customer service number a couple of times and the representatives stated that because I called in so late they cannot honor the discount.

The couch was ordered under my wife's email address, but I paid for it and it is for a property that I own. We used her email address as she received a $20 discount for an issue she had previously.

Given the short time period between when I ordered the couch to when I received the flyer it seems unfair that I cannot use the discount. When I asked ithe customer service rep if I was able to cancel the order because of the negative experience, the rep said that I would have to pay a cancelation fee. This also seems unfair to me.

All that I am asking is for Wayfair to honor their advertisement and give the discount.

Desired outcome: account credit/refund

H
7:01 pm EDT

Wayfair TV Ads

I have seen your ad on tv for quite some time. I find it very offensive when businesses use celebrities (actors, sport figures etc.) to do their commercials.

Do you honestly think the public is that stupid to buy from you because a person might like Kelly Clarkson and because she does the commercial that makes me wanna buy from you. Well let me tell you that discourages me from buying from you.

Desired outcome: I doubt that there is one - businesses pay big money for commercials - and passes some of that onto the public

C
1:26 pm EDT

Wayfair charge for item returned

ITEM RETURNED IN nOV. CREIT GIVEN-THAN REVERSED IN dec. on going communicationsyet unresolved item [protected] ordered on g mail acct.

Desired outcome: contaCT CC CITI BANK AND RESOLVE AND REMOVE ALL LATE CHARGES

10:21 pm EDT

Wayfair Everett Outdoor 6 ft. W x 3 ft. D Plastic Storage Shed See More by Suncast $1,529.99

Why are your competitors for the identical items much cheaper than Wayfair?The above item in the subject bar is much cheaper at your competitors, Their price is 579 compared to Wayfair 1529-- Suncast Everet 6 x 3 Shed.. Why such a discrepancy?

Also it seems you have many of the same items listed online all with different prices.

Why does this happen with many items?

This is why I do not shop at Wayfair.

Regards

Tony

Desired outcome: See prices in line with competitors not almost 2.5 times more than your competitors. Item listed in subject bar. If I am going to purchase any item at Wayfair they need to look at your prices. Look at Amazon and Walmart.

G
10:59 am EDT

Wayfair Customer discrimination

To whom it may concern,

I have been a loyal customer to Wayfair for many years now. I own several properties and almost exclusively shop at Wayfair for my property needs. Why? Because of the excellent customer service and quick remediation of my order issues. While, I do like the items I have purchased at Wayfair, this is not the reason why I continue to shop with Wayfair.

Many orders had issues such as damaged or faulty items, items with missing parts, or incomplete orders. If anything, this is a reason NOT to continue shopping with you. This is a problem and has cost me time money and effort to remedy, especially when I am held up on a construction project because of it and I am paying these contractors for their time. Due to these hold ups, they could not move forward with the project because of such issues to the failure of your company to send out undamaged items, complete orders, etc. in the first place. You have plenty of competitors that also offer amazing products and great deals, e.g., Amazon, Overstock, etc. However, only because of the immediacy, friendliness, and attentiveness of your excellent customer service team to remedy the order issues, I have continued to remain a loyal customer. This is the ONLY reason!

Now, I have been assigned to some kind of “executive team” to handle my order issues, being punished for having too many order issues. My order issues have been the problem of Wayfair not getting it right the first time around. Now that I no longer have the immediacy and excellent customer resolutions team at my disposal, I am reconsidering my loyalty. I find this highly insulting, offensive, and discriminatory. And on what basis? These issues were not because of me, but because of the failure on Wayfair’s part to fulfill their duties with excellence from the beginning.

I have customer service agents trying to help me but saying they cannot touch or doing anything for me. And then trying to convince me that this “executive team” is here for me to provide me with excellent service. Excuse me? Nothing frustrates me more than: 1. being fed lies and 2. being apologized to. I am not one of your stupid customers that you can feed this kind of garbage to. I am a smart and solution orientated business women and doctor. At this point, I don’t have easy and quick solutions available to me at your company, because now I am this “executive team” list. What a misnomer! A better, less misleading name would be “repeat offender” list.

Just to reiterate, my order issues were from failure on your side, not mine. As a matter of fact, I have too many damaged or incomplete, useless, items from Wayfair cluttering up my garage. I now, must find a way to haul them away and dispose of them. That is more time wasted unnecessarily on my side, because of your errors.

If you value me as a customer, I am giving you the opportunity to reconsider your decision and to remove me from this “offender’s list” that I have been put on for no real justification. This kind of discrimination is unjust and may create legal problems for you in the future.

Are you sending every single customer through the executive resolutions team?

If yes, that is one thing. If not, I think we certainly have a case of discrimination.

I would like proof that you are in fact applying this across the board to ALL your customers.

Desired outcome: Removal from "executive customer service resolutions team". Have a normal customer service representative handle my order issues when I call in.

F
4:07 pm EDT

Wayfair Executive resolution dept

I have been a happy customer for a while until recently when I started to buy larger, more expensive items that UPS/FedEx kept leaving in my building's mailroom. It specifically states to NOT leave items in the mailroom as there is no one to monitor them and tenant packages have been stolen many times in the past. This does not matter to UPS, FedEx or even Wayfair. Everyone wants their money for services and goods but when it comes to delivering cumbersome packages to someone's door, all the kindness and helpfulness goes right out the window. Your "case" is referred to Executive Resolution that must be operated by part owners of the company. They do as little as possible to help the customer and if they choose not to communicate with you at all, they are entitled to do so? I have one order left with Wayfair that I would cancel but it's been such a difficult process to manage on my own against the ER (lol) department when the customer has no way of communicating with a human being. Once an ER employee/shareholder decides to not respond to your emails the customer is out of luck. There is no one left to turn to and no one in ER gives a crap. Wayfair must be a Russian owned and operated company because you can't get a hold of anyone in ER. THEY can only get in touch with you IF they choose to do so. It's a scam.

Desired outcome: I WANT THE LESS EXPENSIVE OF THE TWO ORDERS I PLACED. I placed two of the same exact orders -- one from Wayfair and the other via AllModern. I want a human being to call me and talk to me rather than send countless emails back and forth.

Read full review of Wayfair and 3 comments
3 comments
Dubie
Dublin, IE
Jan 24, 2023 5:58 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Stay away from this company, if you reach out Wayfair for any concerns related to your product they will send you a notice and block you forever and will never provide any resolution.

RanjaniS
, US
Oct 08, 2022 5:47 pm EDT

Not surprised to read this, exact same experience I had

Dissatisfied with Wayfair Exec. Resol'n
Delta, CA
Jun 12, 2022 4:36 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Put something in my cart at $509.99. Went to pay at check out, all of a sudden $549.99, down to $539.99 day after I complained. I purchased at that price, told by Customer Service, that if it comes down, going forward, I would get the difference refunded. Came down to original price I placed it in my cart, at $509.99. Called Customer Service who said I would be refunded the $30.00 plus taxes and that Executive Resolution would provide the refund. My Executive Resolution Manager was off, so another woman called back. Now states that it's a Promotional Sale and I am not entitled to my refund, that she is the highest Executive I can talk to as she is top tier escalation, no-one above her. Told I cannot cancel order, as already shipped, which they tell you right away after placing order, though no-one knows where it is, no shipping details. So, cannot cancel order and reorder. It'll probably come damaged anyways, send pics and send back. They have so many scams with this company, same product, different names, different prices, removals from your cart, etc... People keep buying, as it's cheap and you get replacements if it serves them. But larger orders are all assembled and your dime to return damaged goods.

12:51 pm EDT

Wayfair Delivery

I ordered a box spring (queen) and it was delivered by a Fedex guy for Wayfair. That person banged his mobile phone on my camera door bell which costs around $350 and broke the lens. By the time I ran downstairs he quickly disappeared. I saw all this on my phone screen and after that my door bell and camera stopped working. This is ridiculous and I need an answer from Wayfair

12:12 pm EDT

Wayfair Your problem procedure needs an overhaul, no wonder you have 136 unresolved.

Account is for Sheila Gloe, email [protected]@yahoo.com

she ordered a dining table in Feb. we got the base for it delivered on Mar 9, 2022, no tabletop came with the order, but Wayfair called the order filled and charged our credit card $1502.05. we have yet to receive the missing tabletop after many contacts with your entry level and senior troubleshooters. we have had delivery schedules from you that have have failed and not even a courtesy call or email to notify us. I am tired of repeating my problems to your reps, they try hard but are hampered in skills needed to resolve difficult issues.

Look at all the notes for order # [protected] and see if you can be proud of your actions. Not to mention the many times I have been put on hold and then disconnected while your rep is trying to research. That rep should have called us back immediately and we can never get thru your system to the same rep to find out the resolution.

Desired outcome: we have a new delivery promise for Monday, Mar 28 between 7 and 11 am.If they fail again, we will cancel the order and demand a credit to our charge. after that, we will close our account.

1:56 pm EDT

Wayfair Order #[protected]

I ordered a washer on february 23 and got a delivery date of march 16th. March 16th comes for me to have received an email stating it was just shipped. The 17th comes and I am then told no it will be delivered but will be delivered on the 24th. The 24th comes and I received a scheduled time between 9:30 - 1:30. When 2 pm comes I call (not one contacted me) to find out what's going on and if they are running late. To be told no it will not be delivered on the 24, it will be delivered on the1st. I call the delivery company, customer services, wayfair (manager never called me back, was told this would be done within an hour), to again it will be maybe be delivered on the 1st. Maybe.. Wow. This is highly unacceptable. Then I finally after many calls was like please just deliver to get an email stating the it will be delivered on the 4th (my birthday). I call again (long wait time) to be told yes it will be the 1st not the 4th ignore the email. To receive another email that day stating the 4th again. Now I need to make another call and see if I can get this resolved again. Been on the phone with your company for 2 days with noi resolution.

Desired outcome: I want my washer and some and the warranty. Now I'm afraid it will arrive broken because I complained

1:03 pm EDT

Wayfair wildwood flying fish sculpture

Reply to Chris Sjolander:

Originally I had purchased this item on February 19, 2022 on invoice # [protected]. The website said there were 5 in stock and the delivery time was short. However, a few days later, after I made the purchase, the status was changed to backordered with a vague date of receipt to be May, 2022.

Of course, it alarmed me that perhaps something is wrong with this site, Wayfair, which lead me to be skeptical of the entire purchase and that possibly I was getting ripped off and the item would never arrive (since the money was already charged to my credit card).

“Why would they say there are 5 in stock and it would arrive within less than a week and why, after the purchase, THEN say the item is on backorder?” It made no sense to me. I felt I needed to cancel the order for obvious reasons of concern I felt with your company and the message I received.

When I called to inquire about this item and did not receive an adequate explanation about what was going on that is when I cancelled the item.

So, in subsequently contacting Wildwood directly, they informed me that the manufacturer was in process on this item and that it would be available in April.

Based on that, I reordered the item March 4, 2022 on invoice [protected].

My problem, Chris, is that now the item is costing me $27.94 more which I find unfair, since, had I been given a more likely explanation from your company for the backorder confusion, I would have not cancelled my original order.

So I am requesting, in good faith of customer service, that I receive a refund or credit of $27.94.

INV# DATE ITEM COST TAX TOTAL

[protected] 3-4-2022 $469.99 $48.17 $518.16

[protected] [protected].64 45.58 490.22

DIFFERENCE $ 25.35 2.59 27.94

I hope you can see your way clearly to honor my above request for a refund in order to reinstate my faith in Wayfair and to be fair to me.

David M. Thomason

Sent: Tuesday, March 8, 2022 6:57 PM

To: [protected]@gmail.com

Subject: Follow-up: Re: Wildwood glass flying fish sculpture, large size

Hi David,

My name is Chris and I work at Wayfair headquarters. Wildwood Lamps & Accents contacted me and told me that one of our Wayfair Customer Care agents instructed you to reach out to Wildwood directly to inquire about availability of the glass flying fish sculpture, large size product. This agent should not have provided this contact information because we ask for all customer service matters to be addressed by our team exclusively just so that we can retain all history of the conversation.

Nonetheless what I can tell you is that the product number is 301572 and it is expected to be in stock in mid-april. If you are still interested in purchasing this product, would you please place an order through Wayfair?

Chris

Desired outcome: refund of above difference

9:02 am EDT

Wayfair Refund is not provideed for more than 3 months

I placed the order on November 22, 2021 and shortly after realized that the color in the order was wrong. The same day (2 hrs later), I tried to cancel it directly through the Wayfair customer service (customer service tel line).

However, Wayfair customer services was not able to process the cancellation and instead arranged the return and send me prepaid FedEx shipping labels.

I sent items back (without opening boxes) affixing these return labels and handed It over back to FedEx directly. I provided the return confirmation (delivered to Wayfair warehouse at Florence, KY) from FedEx but have no response from Wayfair and no refund for more than 3 months.

K
11:20 am EST

Wayfair ebike, storage shed, and 2 laptop computers

Hi, to whom it may concern my name is gordon afflick sr.

I made several orders online in february to wayfair.com..

Order -1.

On february 13, 2022

Segway dirt ebike x260

Style: red

Sku: — Price: $59.99

Qty: 1 $59.99

Need assistance? talk to us.

We'll do everything we can to make sure you love your experience with us. have any questions or feedback? contact us at 【[protected]@gmail.com】

This email was sent by 【happy shopping】

Order -2.

Sku: — Price: $69.85

Qty: 2 $139.7

Orders 2 and 3 the person used this email address:

[protected]@hotmail.com

These items were made thru wayfair.com on february 13th and 14th, 2022.

Can you pls either return my money or ship out these items to:

Gordon afflick sr.

19 prospect st

Nyack ny [protected]

It's now march 10th and I still havent received any orders to date!

I thank you for your promptness in this matter

Desired outcome: hi there, at this point I'm either looking for a refund or delivery of those items. thank you

Overview of Wayfair customer experience

Wayfair, the online furniture retailer, has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from its customers. Many have complained about the poor quality of the products they received, with some even reporting that items arrived damaged or missing parts. Others have expressed frustration with the company's customer service, citing long wait times and unhelpful representatives. Additionally, some customers have reported issues with delivery, including delayed shipments and difficulty scheduling appointments. Overall, Wayfair's poor product quality, customer service, and delivery issues have left many customers dissatisfied and frustrated.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Wayfair contacts