Menu
Wayfair Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Wayfair
reviews and complaints

www.wayfair.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.0 1368 Reviews

How responsive is Wayfair's customer service?

10 Resolved
320 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Wayfair handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Wayfair and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Wayfair has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Wayfair home decor shoppers reviews and complaints 365

Newest Wayfair reviews and complaints

D
11:04 am EDT

Wayfair Buyer Beware and read the fine print carefully

Tldr: used Wayfair two times, never will again, it is very buyer beware, Wayfair has 0 criteria for determining that a product has the features it advertised, the return process is designed to be as inaccessible and as much of a hassle as possible because Wayfair is betting on you not putting up with the effort, and their vendors know and exploit that as well. Stay away.

Used Wayfair a couple times. The breaking point was a fan I ordered. It was labeled as "smart enabled" using Wayfair's categories. Now smart is legally ambiguous and that allows companies to throw it around like a bs buzzword and that is exactly what this vendor did, but most people's meaning of smart is the capability to connect to a smart device such as an Alexa or a smart phone and be apart of a smart home. They made the phrasing intentionally misleading to make the fan seem like it was smart with a few other typical features (included remote, lighting/timing functions, etc).

I won't get a lot of smart devices because operations like loading your laundry and cooking are still very much manual processes, but a fan is different. I purchased it because I was told it was smart, and a remote control is not good enough because if you lose that remote or it stops working, you are screwed and can no longer leverage those features you paid for. With a smart fan, you control it from your phone, so you can always get into the app and control your fan even if you need to replace your phone. I also already paid a contractor to install it which, through Angi's list and given the demand at the time, cost me an upcharge of $300 before finding out the fan I bought was not actually smart.

I voiced my concerns to Wayfair about the bad practice of the vendor, the first couple girls agreed with me (I started on chat and one gave me a phone number after determining resolution had to be escalated to management then talked to another girl on the phone who spoke with a manager), but the manager determined that it was okay what the vendor did because "although confusing they listed the smart features," and "if they had an app and WiFi then they would have listed such," which is utter bs. You can't just call something smart that isn't smart, rail off a few features, and not expect people to expect the product to be smart on top of those features. What's more is the first girl filed a report on the vendor to clarify how the fan is smart after basically admitting to me that Wayfair does not get these things, and will basically let the listing stay smart as long as they clarify what their interpretation of a smart feature is, even if it isn't actually smart. That's like if I sold a cordless phone and called it smart because it was wireless in hopes of hoodwinking someone into buying it.

The resolution was to choose between a full refund for the fan or a partial refund and keep the product, and I had to eat the $300 loss for installation I never would have had to spend otherwise if the product was labeled correctly. But what really got me was when I called back to finalize my decision and I got the most uncaring, belligerent manager who told me that I'd have to uninstall it myself, costing me more money for this fan I would not have to pay for if Wayfair held their vendors to a higher standard of honesty. I'd also have to handle printing the return label, which is one last slap to the face in a digital age where there are so many companies who offer paperless solutions, and I myself, being a new homeowner, do not have a printer.

This is all by design, honestly. To return the product to Wayfair, I will be spending $200 more than I am getting back on top of the $300 Angi's raked me over the coals for, but I'm doing it because I don't want Wayfair or this vendor to have a god damn cent of my money, and I want a smart fan (I'd uninstall it myself, but I'd probably get electrocuted since I have 0 experience with this).

Wayfair is betting on you not taking the effort to return their $#*!. They make it as much of a hassle as possible and as inaccessible as possible to keep your money because they're hurting for it. Vendors also know Wayfair has their back and how much of a pain it is to actually return something after installation, and write the most vague and ambiguous descriptions to oversell their products.

I find a small solace after the call in looking up Wayfair's quarterly reporting to see that they are significantly down and in the middle of a "growth hangover" with a consumer rating of 1.75 and not even profitable. It's good knowing their practices aren't being rewarded.

6:58 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair I have recently ordered multiple items from an online store and I am extremely satisfied

I have recently ordered multiple items from an online store and I am extremely satisfied. The quality of the products is excellent, the service is unbeatable, and the customer service representatives are delightful. The ordering process is incredibly efficient. It has been a pleasure doing business with them. As a new customer, I highly recommend them to anyone. - Anonymous

Read full review of Wayfair and 2 comments
2 comments
Reallyphas
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In this competitive industry. When I order an item from Lowes, I get a *** their ***s of stores without any return charge.Product - Hauslane rangehood UC-PS18 If I order the same item in Wayfair (it is of same price) and I have to pay $60 for return. You order from Wayfair only to pay all these extra charges for retuning the item. Wayfair saves the money from having a store, but charge you the same as Lowes. Also, get the money for returns from you which the company with stores do it for free.Its Ridiculous...You cannot run a business like this for long time..

Nexpent
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I bought a $2200 vanity listed as in stock. After purchase had cleared processing at my bank, they let me know its not really in stock and I MIGHT get it in 3 months. I asked to cancel & get a refund. They said no. They literally just kept my money without sending the item. I filed a claim with my bank to investigate, so wayfair wiped out my payment without sending a refund. Scam. Buyer beware.

5:44 pm EDT

Wayfair I've always been very happy with Wayfair

I've always been very happy with Wayfair. I used to buy a lot of furniture from another big retails (Swedish origin), and that furniture never lasted more than a few years. It was cheap so I just replaced it. Then I was introduced to Wayfair and would never go back. The quality of products is so much higher in every respect.

N. Mclaren
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ordered two couch end tables which shipped to me in two separate boxes and never opened the boxes. Started the return process to return the two UNOPENED boxes and indicated two items. Received an email with TWO *** codes assuming these were shipping labels - ONE FOR EACH BOX. Got up to *** to return the two unopened boxes. Agent scanned the two codes and said the TRACKING NUMBERS ARE THE SAME on the *** codes so they have to ship both tables - already in their own boxes - in a SINGLE BOX that I had to purchase for $26! When talking with Wayfair support, they were no help and could not explain why I got two *** codes in the email with the same tracking number and they will not reimburse me for THEIR MISTAKE.In addition, I returned some other items in that order - one was a SMALL RUG for $35.00. Wayfair wanted $27 to SHIP THAT ONE ITEM back. I will never ever order anything else from Wayfair. Especially after reviewing all the complaints people have with their products and especially their CUSTOMER SERVICE! It is awful. Look at their ratings here - WOW!

Shoesta
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I AM LIVID...The patio set is not the color pillows shown it is small and the person who put it together messed it up from Wayfair...To return it cost almost 200.00...THIS IS A SCAM AND A SHAME TO THE CUSTOMERS THAT TRUST WAYFAIR WITH THEIR MONEY

M. Mohr
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I've purchased thousands of dollars of merchandise from Wayfair over the past 7 years. Never returned an item, never complained, never left a bad rating or review, and never disputed a charge. Wayfair not only closed my account with them, but closed my husband's account with them, and sent us emails asking we never order from them again. If we do attempt to buy anything from them, they will cancel our orders immediately. I have contacted customer service, the resolutions department, their appeals department, and the *** Nobody will respond or even send us an explanation of what happened here. So disappointed in their practices and customer service.

M. Fielder
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I placed an order using the wrong payment method (a card that had been blocked by my request) which apparently was attached to my checking account. Upon realizing this and not more than a minute after placing the order, I cancelled the order.My Wayfair account verified that my order had been cancelled. Due to Wayfair being closed for the evening, I contacted them the following morning. I spoke to *** who assured me the order had been cancelled and I would be refunded the purchase amount within a couple days. Well imagine my surprise when I check my Wayfair account late yesterday, Apr.29th and find the item had shipped. I again called Wayfair and he told me there was nothing he could do. I usually love Wayfair, but this transaction has been a fiasco! As of today, according to the website, my order has NOT shipped despite what the Wayfair CSR stated

Is Wayfair legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Wayfair as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 3% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Wayfair stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Wayfair should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Wayfair earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Wayfair achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Wayfair. The company provides a physical address, 7 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 6 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Wayfair has received 21 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Wayfair.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Wayfair.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Wayfair and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Wayfair has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 3% of 330 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Wayfair protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Wayfair. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
  1. Pros
    2. Dependence on third-party suppliers
    3. Vulnerability to shipping delays
    4. Limited brand exclusivity in products

Wayfair Ordered an new lamp on Tuesday and it arrived Friday

Ordered an new lamp on Tuesday and it arrived Friday. Package came in good shape, but the interior box seemed crammed and banged up. Upon opening the box holding my lamp parts, I realized the shade war ripped. I reached out to Wayfair by filing for a return and refund and they immediately refunded me without the hassle of a return. Great customer service!

Read full review of Wayfair and 3 comments
3 comments
P. Isaacson
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Not so much Wayfair but they handle AllModern Furniture online sales. Was bait and switch. Was a 70%off flash sale. Decided they were not doing that. They held the funds for a few days called the number was Wayfair. They were confused as well. Researched the All Modern The manager at home store was EXTREMELY RUDE. Basically we made the mistake and posted wrong prove. So sad to bad. We hit money refunded. 2 days later charged the account once again. Has to argue to get the money back once again. POOR BUSINESS! Since when can a business post a price then change it after they accepted payment?!

Sk8rVeteran
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Purchased an adjustable bed frame for $450; two legs were missing.Called, was told that they could not send the legs and that cost would be refunded.One month later, we checked - only to find out that they denied the refund. Wayfair wants us to pack up the bed (about 70 lbs) - we do not have a box that size, and we're seniors! We've had it with them!

Talesot
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have a real issue with a company that charges $14.99 for an item that comes with a missing part. I ordered a duvet set on Wayfair and when it arrived the pillow shams were not in the package. I decided to return the item for that reason and because the quality was not as expected, thinking that, like many places returns would be free. Nope$15 to return an item that wasnt what was advertised. *** learned. Terrible customer service and cheap goods. Ill spend more at a department store than buy from them again.

Wayfair I have to let Wayfair know how pleased I am with my recent experience

I have to let Wayfair know how pleased I am with my recent experience. I had a problem with an order and they went above and beyond trying to make it right. The fact you can call and instantly be connected to a real person who took care of me the way they would want to be taken care of. I would definitely shop there again and would recommend Wayfair 100%!

Read full review of Wayfair and 3 comments
3 comments
Surubs
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I generally have good luck with Wayfair and have been a business account holder. My last order I tried to reach Wayfair to exchange an item and ask how that process should go. No response. I tried to reach my account manager only to be told she was no longer my account manager. I'm not sure why that would be. Tried to reach customer service again. No luck. Eventually my 30 days past and I am now unable to return these bar stools and they can't explain why my business account shows inactive. I've ordered, in my opinion, a decent amount from Wayfair. I'm very disappointed that they are so unwilling to accommodate me or tell me why I'm no longer a business account holder.

Starialp
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

During the first day of the Wayday sale on 4/26, I purchased two items one at $369.99 and the other at ***. However, the next day, I noticed on the invoice that was sent to my email by Wayfair that I was charged full price for both items. I spoke with a representative on 4/27 to resolve this issue. They told me that I needed to cancel the order and reorder because the price had not adjusted when I purchased the items even though the price clearly reflected on the website. However, the order had already shipped out. Therefore, they submitted a claim to your outreach *** to gain the credit. The outreach representative did not resolve this issue. Instead, they told me I would have to return the items at my own shipping expense unless I had a picture of my original cart. This is completely unacceptable. The price was the same on all three days of the Wayday deal for these items. As you can see, the purchase price date is within the Wayday sale where the price remained the same over all three days. I feel as if Wayfair is scamming people to believe that they are getting a "deal" when in fact you are charging people full price for items because they are not adjusting it upon purchase. Had I not reviewed my invoice, I would have never noticed. I cannot trust this company in the future, and I am being instructed to return the sets and pay out of pocket for the shipping. Wayfair is offering poor customer service in this instance. I should not have to screenshot an order checkout summary from a company "just in case" they overcharge me. This causes mistrust and avoidance from shopping with them in the future. If the payment cannot be credited to reflect the sale price, I should be able to return the items and be refunded the shipping cost back to Wayfair. I have spend so much unnecessary time on this issue. This is supposed to be a reputable company where customers can trust that they are getting quality items for prices that are reflected at the time of purchase.

R. Copley
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

There was an order placed and I was charged for an order I DID not place and the person who ordered the item never received it. A police report was filed and I notified wayfair of the theft. Months and months later I began receiving collection notices for an item I NEVER ordered! When attempting to have wayfair send confirmation of their error I was told there was NOTHING they could do given it was after the 30 day policy to report an incident! Considering I didnt order it I would never have known! Furthermore, it was an error on their end and they are trying to collect on an item never received! Wayfair is being incredibly unprofessional and unrelenting to own up to their errors. Take your business elsewhere, I highly recommend NOT supporting these thieves.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair We purchased an office chair that did not meet the dimensional specification as published on the Wayfair website

We purchased an office chair that did not meet the dimensional specification as published on the Wayfair website. Wayfair understood that we did not want to bother with disassembly, re-packing and shipping it back to them so they refunded our purchase price and let us give the chair to charity as-is. Customer service doesn't get much better than that! :)

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair I placed an order for a floor vase 25tall and 9 opening width on February 1st

I placed an order for a floor vase 25tall and 9 opening width on February 1st. The order was finally shipped and delivered on February 13th. Wayfair delivered a tiny 11 tall vase that I refused. The floor vase I had ordered is now sold out. Had they shipped it immediately, I would have received it. I called the customer service number and the first rep I spoke with hung up on me. The second one was polite and said they would refund me. I would not order from Wayfair again because they already have multiple bad reviews online which I had ignored.

Wayfair I would like to give them a 5-star rating for their items and service

I would like to give them a 5-star rating for their items and service. I have been using their services and other businesses associated with them since 2016. Everything has been great so far, and I have never written a negative review. I regularly recommend them to my friends. However, about a month ago, they unexpectedly canceled my account without any explanation. This was quite unsettling and disappointing. I would appreciate it if someone could help me understand what I might have done wrong and how I can rectify it. Both my spouse and I are confused by this action. If this issue can be resolved, I would be extremely grateful. Thank you.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair My experience with this company has been horrible

My experience with this company has been horrible. I place an order and then 2 weeks later I get a status of backdated for another month. I call in to cancel the order and immediately after cancelling my CC is charged and the shipping status is changed to shipped. I then call and get hung up of 3 times. I finally get a rep to help me and they put in a return and said that when the merchandise is rerouted to Wayfair I would receive a refund. A week later I see the status has changed to Return Complete and I look at my bank account. Instead of receiving a refund I get the $2278.96 Debited again out of my bank account. I call, get hung up on again and finally get to speak to someone. They say they cannot do anything because it is pending. Worst customer service and buying experience of my life. I cannot believe how shady and unorganized this company is.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair I made an order for a couch on wayfair on June 19th, about 5 days later the couch goes on sale for 500$ cheaper

I made an order for a couch on wayfair on June 19th, about 5 days later the couch goes on sale for 500$ cheaper. I look up if Wayfair has any price drop adjustments policies, a bunch of websites post icongruent information so I simply message wayfair. I'm told I can either refuse the order and buy a new couch unofficially as a suggestion from the customer service agent who passes along my ticket to their customer outreach department.It took long enough for an answer that the couch dropped prices again and sold out so that I had no longer any other options by the time the customer outreach department answered 11 days later to tell me because this was a "flash sale" that last almost two weeks that it didn't apply to their price adjustment policy. Returns are already difficult with wayfair, especially with heavy items so in this economy wayfair clearly isn't the most loyal or economically sound choice to buy furniture. I wouldn't recommend it to people looking for the most sound and cost effective choice. Especially if you have to wait for answers that basically give you no options.

K
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair I have been ordering furniture and household items from Wayfair for years without any problems until I ordered a large

I have been ordering furniture and household items from Wayfair for years without any problems until I ordered a large cat tree and one of the cat posts arrived broken - it appeared the factory wrapping was so tight that it bent the hardware attaching it. The delivery person pointed it out to me and said he would make a quick phone call. He returned and said Wayfair will ship a new one. The second one arrived with the same issue but the post was not bent as bad and I was able to fix it. We contacted Wayfair just to let them know there may be an issue with (I assume) the factory wrapping the furniture too tight and they gave me a partial refund without me even asking. I rarely write reviews but this was actually a very positive experience. Everyone I dealt with from the delivery people to the customer service seemed to really care about making me happy and getting things right. I was especially surprised that the delivery people took it upon themselves both times inspected what they dropped off and took action when items were in less than perfect condition. I'll continue to shop here and recommend it to my friends as well. Happy repeat customer.

I
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair As an 84-year-old senior, I refuse to tolerate any form of scamming or fraud from any company, including Wayfair

As an 84-year-old senior, I refuse to tolerate any form of scamming or fraud from any company, including Wayfair. To my surprise, Wayfair sent me a large table that I did not order. I had never even heard of them before. When I called them, they confirmed that I was correct - I did not have an account with them, and they were not familiar with me either. However, I started receiving monthly invoices from Wayfair, instructing me to make payments with a MasterCard. The thing is, I have never owned a MasterCard in my life. They mistakenly used the last four digits of a Wayfair account that they themselves created, not a customer's account. It's quite astonishing how this fraudulent activity developed over time, claiming that I have had a Wayfair account since 2015. I understand that mail services can be slow, but it's beyond belief that they would send me furniture that I never ordered from an account that I don't have, from a store that I had never heard of. Who would believe that their shipping service took eight years to deliver? Perhaps the person behind this fraud is not very intelligent? They will eventually face the consequences of their actions. I have extensively reported this issue, and I am determined to see it through. I urge everyone to be cautious out there. Thank you for your time. Quote: "He who dares not offend, cannot be trusted."

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair Wow Im in total disgust with Wayfair at this moment!

Wow Im in total disgust with Wayfair at this moment! I initially put in a order for a couch on January 10, 2023 on the website it stated the couch would be delivered within a week. After the week came and went Wayfair pushed the order back until the end of January when I made a call to them regarding the order they stated that the couch was backordered and too many ppl ordered the couch at once but I would be first to get the couch. I then went on the website to see the couch was still available for other customers to order and be lied to as well. When Feb came someone from Wayfair canceled my order without even reaching out to me to accommodate me. I really wanted the couch so I gave it another go round and this time the couch was cheaper but the delivery time stated I would have the couch in a week again the week came and went and here we are in March no couch and Ive called plenty of times to listen to the lies and still no compensation or accommodation just people over the phone who literally don't care because it isn't them. Today is March 6th I order the couch over two months ago they canceled my order with no explanation or anyone reaching out. Im hurt as a consumer who has spent money with this company multiple times.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair I ordered a gazebo from Wayfair, but I have had three scheduled delivery dates and the item has still not been

I ordered a gazebo from Wayfair, but I have had three scheduled delivery dates and the item has still not been delivered to me. I have not received any contact or explanation at this point. Additionally, I noticed that the price of the item has decreased since I ordered it, but I was not given a price adjustment.

A coworker recommended Wayfair to me, as she had a positive experience with their customer service when she received items with small defects. She was able to keep the original items and was sent replacements. Based on her recommendation, I placed an order for a 10x13 gazebo on June 21, 2020. I wanted it for my backyard decor and for an outdoor BBQ planned for July 5th. Placing the order was easy and I was told that the delivery would be expected between June 27th and 30th.

I received an email on June 22, 2020, stating that my shipment was on its way. The tracking information showed that it was logged on June 24, 2020. On June 25, 2020, I received another email stating that the delivery was scheduled for June 27th. However, when I returned home on Sunday, I discovered that nothing had been delivered and the tracking showed that the delivery reservation was cancelled. I called customer service and waited for over an hour to speak with someone. The representative was unable to determine why the delivery was cancelled and informed me that the earliest available delivery would be on Tuesday.

I also mentioned to the representative that the item was now priced $3 lower than when I purchased it. However, he informed me that he could not adjust the price or offer any compensation for the difference. He suggested that I speak with a supervisor, but he was unable to transfer me to one. He said that he would send an email to the supervisor, who would then contact me. However, I have not heard from management to discuss the issue.

I received another email on June 30, 2020, stating that the delivery was scheduled for that day. However, once again, no package was delivered. I called customer service and spoke with another representative who informed me that the item was being shipped from the Wayfair warehouse in ***, not *** or ***, due to its size and weight. She suggested that I call the warehouse directly. However, as soon as I asked to speak to a supervisor, the call was disconnected and she did not attempt to call me back or email me.

I called the delivery number and waited for over an hour to speak with someone. They informed me that they needed to locate the item in the warehouse and made a note that I needed it delivered as soon as possible. I received another email on July 1, 2020, stating that the delivery was scheduled for July 3rd. However, I did not receive any text alerts as I had requested in my account.

On July 3, 2020, the tracking showed that the delivery was scheduled for that day. However, when I checked later in the day, the tracking still showed that the truck was at the warehouse and no package had been delivered. The next day, I checked the tracking again and it showed that the package had been delivered the previous day at 3:05pm. I was concerned that it may have been delivered to the wrong house, so I called customer service. The representative informed me that the item was marked as delivered in error and that they were conducting an inquiry to locate it.

I have not received any further communication regarding the delivery or the price adjustment. It has been three business days since the last communication, and I have not been contacted by phone or email. I am extremely frustrated with this experience and have never filed a complaint like this before. I believe it is warranted given the circumstances. I would appreciate any assistance in resolving this matter. Thank you.

A
A
A. Conroy
Mar 31, 2024 7:54 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had purchased this chair in Oct 2020 during the Pandemic worth $309.99 plus tax $24.88.Because this is a high dollar chair amount for me, I called WayFair a couple of times to confirm the warranty and they confirmed that it was 3 Years and that they stand by their products and its quality.Fast forward June *** issues because the Seat and Backrest material started to loose its tension creating a slack whenever I sat. This started resulting into a lot of discomfort and I couldn't sit on the chair for more than an hour or so. I wanted to file a claim but in my mind I was still within 3 years so didn't rush on it. Additionally I on longer have access to the email used to make that purchase which is why I even had difficulty filing a claim since I couldn't locate the receipt. In 2023 I was finally able to locate it and WayFair asked me to reach out to the Supplier/Seller. Upon reaching out to the supplier, I have been told that the warranty is only 2 years and they wouldn't do anything regardless because they discontinued the item.I again reached out to WayFair - from saying "We stand by our products" before I made the purchase, they went straight to "That's between you and the Seller, we just post items of the sellers" when I reached out for product support.I am looking for a resolution for a store credit which I can use to buy another chair and WayFair can take this chair back if needed.

U
U
Uoutki
Mar 30, 2024 11:41 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I ordered a bar handle which wasn't the correct size and wanted to return it. Wayfair said they would send for delivery pickup and would charge me ***. I asked to mail it back myself and they would not allow it. I asked why so much money for return and they said it was PERIGOLD's return policy. I asked to see the return policy and they said they don't have it in writing. I thought this is very illegal and now I want to report PERIGOLD/WAYFAIR to BBB

Tigerosta
Mar 30, 2024 8:33 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In July of 2022, I ordered a chair to be delivered to my office in *** (Order No. ***). I received the chair on July 19, 2022. Not once have I received any phone calls, text messages, or emails regarding this order since the chair was delivered. Not from Wayfair or from any other organization. Then, just last week, I was contacted by a debt collection agency saying that Wayfair never received the payment. I have paid the amount as requested through the debt collection agency, but I want to ensure my credit is not affected as I had no way to know Wayfair didn't receive payment.

Tauruit
Mar 26, 2024 1:45 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In February I ordered 2 wrought iron outdoor ottomans, namely *** Outdoor Ottoman x2, by Wrought Iron Studio. The amount of purchase in total for two ottomans was $425.00.After finally receiving my outdoor patio couch, which I had to file a separate BBB complaint, I opened the ottomans to only find beige cushions not black.I expect a demand to receive black cushions for these items or give a refund.Im getting so tired of the months long saga with this company with other related matters that I can no longer shop there.

Wayfair I placed an order for a product in April 2020

I placed an order for a product in April 2020. When I checked out, it showed that the product was in stock. However, shortly after paying for it, I received an email stating that it was backordered until June 26, 2020. When the product was supposed to ship again, it was placed on backorder until August 6, 2020. I was frustrated with the lack of communication, so I contacted Wayfair. They gave me the options to continue waiting, choose something else, or get a refund. I requested to speak with a manager, but no apology was given for the lack of communication or the bait and switch tactics. To make matters worse, I am now receiving email ads for the exact product that they claim they cannot fulfill. It has been three weeks, and I have not yet been contacted by management to resolve my concerns. I have tried calling multiple times, but my calls were not answered. These are dishonest and unethical business practices. I am requesting an immediate shipment of my order without additional shipping costs, a significant discount on my current order, or a refund with a public notice. Please see the email thread below for more details about my attempts to contact Wayfair's management and resolve this issue.

Teknob
Mar 29, 2024 3:57 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I've had multiple problems with several recent orders: 71'' Pantry (Part of Order #***). The cabinet doors do not fit properly. There are big gaps between doors and overlap doors. I sent pictures via the app. One of the people I spoke with at Wayfair believes the person who assembled the cabinet did not place the henges correctly. I paid to have this assembled, so it should be correct. The person who was supposed to fix the cabinet, contacted me 15 mins before they were supposed to arrive & attempted to delay by 4 hours. I had to cancel. I work & can't lose that time, so my cabinet is still a mess. Couch (Order #***) was missing parts. So it's sitting on the floor and I'm waiting for parts. The Glass Table I ordered came with most parts missing (Order #***) and I'm waiting for those parts to arrive. Regarding ***, I paid Wayfair for assembling these items, so as a customer, I resent having to deal with a 3rd party, particularly when they are unreliable and incompetent. Most of the people I spoke to at Wayfair have not been helpful, but there was one lady in the complaints department was understood my frustration and offered some money back, which has been credited back to me. However, I am still left with a pantry that is unacceptable (BTW - You should see pictures of the pantry that I submitted through the app). I have asked to have this refunded because I cannot waste anymore time waiting for ***, but I was told that I would have to disassemble the item to send it back. I didn't assemble it, so I shouldn't have to disassemble it. Before filing this compliant with the BBB, I attempted to email Wayfair, using the email address that was given to me by an employee (***), so I was left with no other choice. I'm getting an error message on the app when I try to get the receipts, but I have included the order numbers.

C
C
C. Hatfield
Mar 28, 2024 6:42 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I bought a new mattress from Wayfair in Dec 2021. This mattress has started sagging into the middle in Jan 2023. Wayfair says they can do nothing to help me since it has been over 1 yr. I do not feel this is good business

B. Bianco
Mar 25, 2024 1:39 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Purchase a fridge bar handle and it didn't fit so I attempted to return it. Wayfair directed me forward PERIGOLD and they informed me that a return fee of *** would be deducted from my total purchase price of *** I asked to show me the narrative explaining the fee on my invoice and they said there wasn't any since they would charge me according to the purchase price the pickup delivery fee and location of said pickup. This is not legal I have never heard of this kind of customer service. There wasn't any indication that the return policy was different from WAYFAIRS return policy since it was coming from the same advertising company WAYFAIR. There has to be something that I can do to protect any other consumers from this unfair practice of PERIGOLD.

B. Shreve
Mar 23, 2024 5:15 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Order #*** Total Price (7 items)$2,955.21 On 3/26/2023 I purchased the *** 7 - Piece Upholstered Sectional by *** with a scheduled delivery and set-up date between 3/30/2023- 4/7/2023. A text message was received on 4/4/2023 at 6:12 a.m. of a delivery that was not set-up, scheduled or confirmed by the consumer. In addition, the delivery was for one piece of the sectional. Therefore, I requested the Wayfair warehouse to re-schedule a delivery when all the pieces were received.Set-up and delivery was re-scheduled for 4/13/2023 for the sectional sofa. During the set-up process it was identified that the product was missing parts, included the wrong chaise (right facing) and was damaged. In addition, the sectional was also of poor quality and returned via the the Wayfair delivery team on 4/13/2023. As of this date 4/23/2023, Wayfair has not issued the refund of $2,955.21 after multiple inquiries or provided an explanation of why the refund has not been issued within 3-5 days although the product was returned the same date as the scheduled set-up and delivery.Also, on 4/13/2023 I received two emails requesting to confirm a re-delivery of the same product on 4/21/2023 with different parts of the sectional by ***, House of Hampton an Three Posts ---although I requested the return and refund.

E

Wayfair Disappointing Experience with Wayfair

As someone who values quality and reliability in online shopping, my recent experience with Wayfair left me deeply disappointed. The product I ordered, an ocean view picture, arrived damaged due to poor packaging. Despite their promise of excellent customer service, the resolution process was frustrating and unhelpful. It's disheartening when a company fails to meet basic expectations of product quality and customer care. I urge you to consider alternative options for your home shopping needs.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair Excellent customer service twice!

I have been ordering furniture and household items from Wayfair for years without any problems until I ordered a large cat tree and it arrived broken in one spot. The delivery person pointed it out to me and said he would make a quick call. He returned and said Wayfair will ship a new one to me. The new one arrived with the same issue. The furniture itself was very solid and well made but I noticed both pieces were wrapped so tight (looks like wrapping from the factory) that the cat post broke in the same place on both pieces. After contacting Wayfair I decided to keep the cat tree but they gave me a good discount on the original piece without me even asking. I rarely write reviews but I'm actually really pleased with my purchase because everyone I dealt with from the delivery people to the customer service seemed to really care about making me happy and getting things right. I was surprised to see all the negative reviews on here but maybe Wayfair listened to the reviewers in the past because at the moment I find their service top notch and will continue to order from them.

Wayfair Genuinely love my Wayfair experience

I have pretty much furnished my condo with Wayfair products. (I tried to include pics with this review: the hammock-chair, tv stand, bed douvet + throw pillows, decorative flowers, bedroom curtains, and floating desk with hutch are all Wayfair). Their prices are a tad on the higher end, but they frequently have sales so I can't complain. They ship when they say they will, and the products often arrive a bit earlier than the due date (aka you aren't waiting forever for a product). Out of all the products that I have ordered, I've so far only had one piece of furniture come damaged. And the replacement process was super easy. I took a photo, sent an email, received a prompt response, and they shipped me a replacement piece in record time. The only negative comment I have is that they make it very difficult to return an unwanted item. So make sure you read the reviews on the Wayfair website to better help guarantee that the product you are ordering is the right size, the right texture, the right colour, etc etc because trying to return it just based on the fact that it "not what you expected" isn't really gonna go well for you.

Wayfair For Christmas I ordered a very large and very heavy

For Christmas I ordered a very large and very heavy Fuf Beanbag chair for my son. It was my first wayfair order. Not only was it a good deal to begin with ($80, which was $36 less than amazon, and I love amazon), it was free shipping for that big, heavy box! Well, after the first day, we noticed a 3/4" tear near one of the seams. I knew stitching would not hold from what I could see. So I emailed Wayfair and told them of my problem. They got back to me the NEXT day! They simply asked if replacing the cover was an option or if the item needed replaced. So I went and pulled a few tiny chunks from the bean bag and realized that trying to replace the cover would be an extremely messy and daunting task. Those foam bits (or anything from a bean bag) cling to EVERYTHING around it, and remember... this bean bag is very big. I told customer service that I didn't expect a new beanbag, but that replacing the cover was not really an option either. They did not hesitate to replace the item free of charge! I received it yesterday. They were more than helpful via email and I couldn't be happier with their service. I will definitely do business with wayfair again.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair The finish on my lovely black vanity is disappearing in corners?

Several months ago, we received a lovely black vanity/sink my husband had ordered for me, as a gift, and that has looked great in my NYC bathroom. Unfortunately, where the cabinet base and the left door meet the black finish has been disappearing in favor of a white undersurface. When I called Customer Service, the very pleasant and seemingly well-meaning employee said the Wayfair repair unit would call me to check out and repair the finish. Instead, the repair unit called my husband and told him to call the manufacturer. How would we even do that? I seem to have no recourse but to get black nail polish to cover the white undercoat. I had anticipated that the Wayfair repair unit would quickly fix the problem and provide whatever finish we would need if we later saw the same issue on a different section of this wood vanity with black finish. We don't know what the finish is: maybe black paint with a varnish or shellac finish? I think my husband's gift to me cost over $700 not counting the faucets we purchased from Build.com. I have no idea how black nail polish would work out. I have purchased a number of other household items from Wayfair in my own name and been pleased.

Wayfair In-depth Review

In summary, Wayfair is a comprehensive destination for those looking to furnish and decorate their homes. With a vast selection of products and an easy-to-navigate website, it offers a convenient shopping experience. However, there are areas where Wayfair can improve to enhance customer satisfaction further.

Website Navigation and User Experience

The Wayfair website is designed with user-friendly interface. It is easy to move around and find what you need. Pages load quickly, which is good for people with not so much patience.

Product Range and Selection

Wayfair has very wide range of products. You can find almost everything for home - furniture, decor, lighting, and more. It is like one-stop shop for home needs.

Product Quality and Descriptions

Most products on Wayfair seem to be of good quality. Descriptions are detailed with lots of pictures. But sometimes, real product can look a bit different than photo. It is important to read reviews for quality check.

Pricing and Value for Money

Prices on Wayfair can vary. There are affordable options and more expensive ones too. They often have sales, which is good time to buy for better value.

Search Functionality and Filters

Search function on Wayfair is very helpful. You can use filters to narrow down choices by style, price, color, and more. It makes finding what you want easier.

Customer Service and Support

Wayfair customer service is available through phone or email. They try to help with problems, but sometimes response can take time. It is not perfect, but they do make effort to assist.

Shipping and Delivery Services

Shipping services are generally reliable. Wayfair offers tracking for orders, which is useful. But, delivery time can be long for some items. It is important to check estimated delivery before buying.

Return Policy and Process

Wayfair has a return policy that is straightforward. You can return most items within 30 days. But, you may need to pay for return shipping, which is not so good.

Customer Reviews and Ratings

There are many customer reviews on Wayfair site. They can be very helpful to understand product quality and customer satisfaction. It is wise to read these before making decision.

Payment Options and Security

Wayfair offers different payment options like credit card, PayPal, and Wayfair financing. The website is secure for transactions, which gives peace of mind when buying.

Sales, Promotions, and Discounts

Wayfair has many sales and promotions throughout the year. They offer good discounts, especially on holiday sales. It is good chance to save money on purchases.

Mobile App Usability

The Wayfair mobile app is convenient for shopping on-the-go. It works well and is easy to use, similar to website. But, sometimes app can be slower than website.

Environmental and Social Responsibility

Wayfair could provide more information about their environmental and social responsibility efforts. It is not very clear what actions they are taking in this area.

Loyalty Programs and Customer Incentives

Wayfair has a loyalty program called MyWay. It offers free shipping on everything, discounts on services like assembly, and exclusive perks. It can be good for frequent shoppers.

Comparison with Competitors

Compared to competitors, Wayfair stands out for its vast product range and user-friendly website. However, in terms of pricing and customer service, some competitors may offer better experiences. It is good to compare before buying.

How to file a complaint about Wayfair?

Here is a guide on how to file a complaint against Wayfair on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or create an account:
- Start by logging into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you don't have an account, create one on the website.

2. Navigating to the complaint form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the title:
- Summarize the main issue you have with Wayfair in the 'Complaint Title' section.

4. Detailing the experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with Wayfair. Mention key areas such as transactions, the nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve it, the company's response, and the personal impact of the problem.

5. Attaching supporting documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents to strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filing optional fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review before submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it.

8. Submission process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for any responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Ensure you follow these steps to effectively file a complaint against Wayfair on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Wayfair customer service

Phone numbers

+1 (844) 426-1173 +1 (857) 317-7140 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Wayfair?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Wayfair Customer Service. Initial Wayfair complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Wayfair above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Wayfair. Discuss the issues you have had with Wayfair and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.