Menu

complaints

Wayfair Complaints Summary

10 Resolved
316 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Wayfair with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Wayfair has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Wayfair. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Wayfair complaints 326

Sort by:

Newest Wayfair complaints

12:47 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

i purchased a living room set in may 2022 including a 5 year warranty. i received the furniture and there was a problem noticed by the delivery people in which they rectified asap. no problem. now, a month ago springs are coming through the bottom of each recliner on the left side of the couch and the loveseat. i called wayfair who advised to contact the...

E
7:04 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I placed an order for a bunk bed for my son on December 21, 2023, intending to have it for the Christmas season. Unfortunately, Wayfair canceled the order on January 8, 2024, despite the bunk bed still being available for purchase on their website. After contacting customer service, I was provided with a coupon to reorder the bunk bed at a similar price...

S
2:53 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased this item on 01/10/2024 per order number [protected] for $12.74 plus tax for total of $13.63. I received an email stating that the order was delivered and could not locate the item. I called customer service and was told that the item was returned to Wayfair warehouse due to bar code was unreadable. I was told I would have to wait 3 days before...

Is Wayfair legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Wayfair as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 3% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Wayfair stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Wayfair should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Wayfair earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Wayfair achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Wayfair. The company provides a physical address, 6 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Wayfair.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Wayfair website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

We looked up Wayfair and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Wayfair has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 3% of 326 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Wayfair protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Wayfair. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
A
10:38 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'd like to send a detailed email about my experience whats the email for customer service back order and return fees. Order [protected]- The tile color is wrong. I need to stop the shipment but will be charged $60 for the return? I really just need to change the color. Can't get anything done online by myself. And, online help just send the process in...

T
5:17 pm EST

Wayfair Two furniture assemblies

Do NOT pay your hard earned money to hire someone to set anything up from Angi, they are extremely unorganized, and paying more to have someone make my life easier has been the most ridiculous waste of my time. Hire someone from another company to set up your wayfair furniture.

Because of Angi, I never had a chance to see the furniture fully assembled and I’m sending it back because the “pros” from Angi are extremely unreliable and waste your time and money, because they don’t show up. Customer service is a mess and they never accurately document conversations and manipulate you into thinking that they are solving your problem just to see an email hours later showing the exact opposite of the conversation you had with them.

They have been the biggest mistake and waste of time I’ve done in my life.

Desired outcome: A new appointment !

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Wayfair representatives only. If you are affiliated with Wayfair, please claim your business to access these details.

11:04 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I placed an order on December 3rd for couches that said they would be delivered on Dec 6th thru the 10th. Recieved an email saying it was on backorder. I called and the women said it's available and be shipped on Dec 12th. Recieved another email stating that it was on back order again. I called again and she said she needs to reach out to the vendor. They...

R
12:18 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have a two year open account with wayfair-Citibank and I called approximately two weeks ago to update my phone number and address almost daily. Customer service advised me they could not verify me and sent me over to the fraud department for assistance. To no avail—verification failed and they advised me they will mail me a letter to the address on file...

D
7:47 pm EST

Wayfair Delivery and refund

Order # [protected]

The day after thanksgiving I placed an order. The next day I requested a cancellation of that order. Even though the order was not shipped till December 1st, I was told they could not cancel the order. Purely a lie by a customer service rep.

Another order was placed, told it would be here by the 28th of November. Now it will not get here till December 8th. Told them to cancel that order as well. Was tiold there will be a $17.49 fee to return.

I did nothing wrong yet being charged $17.49 for sending back second order which did not ship out till today.

Claimed loss: $17.49

Desired outcome: cancel second order and waive the return fee.

A
2:54 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair Refund not received, need money back

Order #[protected]

I was sent 2 boxes by Wayfair as fulfilment of a tv stand order and after opening one of the boxes I found the wood of the TV stand to be broken. At this point I contacted Wayfair and returned the broken tv stand in the original boxes sent. Wayfair sent me a replacement tv stand again in 2 boxes. This time the wood in the box opened was found to not be up to par with what was expected and we returned these 2 boxes as well. Then shortly after I received notification from Wayfair that they were missing an item in the second 2 box return, specifically in the 2nd box. I have any information on what part this is regardless I only ever took a piece of wood out of the box after which I put the piece back in and sealed it up to return. I feel I have been scammed by Wayfair to an extent as they have charged me $334.47 without me receiving a working product.

Would like to get fairness or justice here?

Aman

Desired outcome: Refund my money

5:34 am EST

Wayfair Increase Price after Paid

Any Person in charge to decide my case.

I request that Wayfair make the honor of my purchase with Order # [protected] which was paid, Wayfair cancelled this written contract and the price was increased on your web page.

A store cannot legally raise the price of an item once you have paid for it. If the store accepted a check, cash, or placed a charge on a customer’s credit card, this is considered a completed written contract, regardless of whether the item has been delivered or picked up and whether or it is not actually in the customer’s possession.

Wayfair increased by almost $1400

(Wayfair can find information on URL files of the DayDream 3500L Ensemble 6-Person 35-Jet Hot Tub with Spa Accessories, powered By Jacuzzi Pumps by AquaRest Spas, powered by Jacuzzi® pumps)

Again and Please, make honor of my purchase. With my attention;

Manuel

Desired outcome: Please, make honor of my purchase

C
3:23 pm EST

Wayfair Living room furniture

I ordered two living room furniture pieces from WayFair. The items were not delivered to my apartment front door but instead left at the entry way of my apartment building blocking the walk way. When I called WayFair to express my frustration the customer service representative said “What do you want me to do about it?” When I asked to speak with a supervisor she disconnected my call. I than began a chat conversation and was advise no one from leadership was available at that hour but someone would give me a call the following day. When a supervisor did call they did not provide a solution or anything for me.

Claimed loss: 1200

Desired outcome: Refund or partial refund

T
5:13 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ordered a sofa from Wayfair and noticed that they ship via FedEx. So I know for a fact that Fedex does not deliver to your door unless you live in a single family home. I cancelled my order immediately, because I know I can’t lift a sofa that’s boxed and bring it up by myself, (wish I did have that type of strength at my age). So I call Wayfair to explain...

6:33 pm EST

Wayfair Wayfair Fountain

I purchased the Plantation Floor Fountain from Wayfair May 1st, 2023 for $797.00. This, the very first year I used it, one of the pedestals cracked and is unrepairable. I am very disappointed in your product, because I thought you were a reputable company and sold reputable products. I expect to hear from you immediately or I will go on your website, Facebook, etc. and inform people not to buy your over-priced, poorly made products. And I sincerely mean it. I am a journalist and I will never stop getting justices for victims of unreportable companies.

Claimed loss: $797.00.

Desired outcome: Please refund

R
12:53 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have made purchases through Wayfair for years. Most recently I have been doing a home renovation and purchased thousands of dollars through their website, from tile, to doors, vanities, lighting, etc. Spent thousands! So yesterday (10/24/23) they send me a text asking me id I use the app, and I text back YES! They instantly send me a text back saying...

View 0 more photos
C
9:35 am EDT

Wayfair Fraudulent delivery

I received a message on my phone that i had ordered an air purifier. I did not place the order, so I immediately went on app and tried to cancel the order and closed my account. I then went to bank and closed my card and placed a fraud report. Wayfair has denied my fraud reimbursement twice. They say it was delivered to my house when I have a screen shot on my phone showing the address of delivery to CA. I live in Florida. I do not know anybody in CA.

I have attached address where the delivery was set up for.

I never initiated or gave permission for anyone to use my card and order this. Information on order is below.

Order Details:

Order #: [protected]

Tracking #: [protected]

Estimated Delivery Date(s):

Sat, Jul 8

Delivery Address:

Nixie Turner

13145 Brookhurst st

suite A, PT291, Garden Grove CA 92843 ([protected])

Jacksonville, FL [protected]

Desired outcome: Refund of charges.

B
12:41 am EDT

Wayfair Lack of management response to my problem

I am a senor citizen on a limited budget. I ordered 2 sets of bifold doors which were delivered. It took me 2 weeks after your 30 day return policy (which I was not aware of) to get a handyman to come over to install the doors. When he opened the boxes the doors were the wrong size. The boxes were much longer then what was inside so I never would have thought the doors were shorter. I apparently ordered the wrong side.

I immediately called customer service who explained that I was past the return period and that he could not override the system He said that he would send my problem to management who would call me in a few days - it's almost a week and I haven't heard from anyone. I really need to return these doors - am will to pay the freight but without a refund I cannot order any doors of the correct size. You do not offer the correct size. PLEASE HELP ME.

My order number is3854100382 Thank you, Adrienne Levine

Desired outcome: I would like a return authorization and a refund lessfreight charges

E
5:17 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am writing to express my deep frustration and disappointment with my recent experience concerning an order I placed with Wayfair back in March. I believe it is essential to address the issues I've encountered and to seek a more equitable solution. To summarize my concerns: * Order Delays and Damage: My order was plagued with repeated issues. It wa...

10:00 am EDT

Wayfair Billing with citi

During the months of June and July, I waited for Wayfair order # [protected], a futon mattress. In mid July, I received messages from both FedEx and Wayfair that the mattress had been delivered – two different times I was sent messages, but at neither time was a mattress received.

I spoke with a number of representatives at both Wayfair and FedEx. The contacts at Wayfair were Rebecca, Jasmine, and Lottie. When no mattress was received by 7/29/2023, I was assured by Lottie that there would be no charge for the mattress. Since by that point, I did not want the mattress, I was told that if it was delivered at some future date, there would be no charge – I could keep it or donate it. Imagine my surprise when Citibank then issued charges in the amount of $ 199.01 for the item. I contacted Wayfair who explained that I would need to update Citi Retail Services.

Desired outcome: My only request is that Citi Retail Services NOTcharge me for an item for which Wayfair says I am not responsible. I am also replying to Citi by mail.

J
10:07 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When I originally ordered this product, the product name was Upholstered Armchair and the product description that I have screen shots of say that the number of chairs is 2. I tracked my order through the Wayfair website yesterday 10/12/23 and I noticed that the product name has changed on the website and also the product description now says number of...

View 0 more photos
L
1:32 pm EDT

Wayfair Billing

I have asked the Billing office to move my payment date from the 2nd of every month to the 14th of every month. No compliance. When I do contact them the always give me an amount higher than the actual payment. They tell me it's a late payment. I don't understand when I pay currant month plus late fee and the upcoming month. I opened this account 6months ago total owed was $679.00 My but out is $629.84 how can that be. total rip off

Overview of Wayfair customer experience

Wayfair, the online furniture retailer, has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from its customers. Many have complained about the poor quality of the products they received, with some even reporting that items arrived damaged or missing parts. Others have expressed frustration with the company's customer service, citing long wait times and unhelpful representatives. Additionally, some customers have reported issues with delivery, including delayed shipments and difficulty scheduling appointments. Overall, Wayfair's poor product quality, customer service, and delivery issues have left many customers dissatisfied and frustrated.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Wayfair contacts