Menu

complaints

Wayfair Complaints Summary

10 Resolved
316 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Wayfair with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Wayfair has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Wayfair. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Wayfair complaints 326

Sort by:

Newest Wayfair complaints

N
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair Terrible Experience with Wayfair: Delayed Delivery, Damaged Goods, and Poor Customer Service

I recently made a purchase on Wayfair.com for an entertainment center and a couch to furnish my new home. I chose this particular couch because the shipping date was advertised to be less than a week. The entertainment center arrived without any issues, but the couch was a complete nightmare. I placed my order on August 29th and the shipping date was set for September 1st. However, the tracking information showed no movement for several days, and the delivery date kept changing. After the date changed six times, I decided to reach out to customer service for assistance.

When I contacted customer service, the representative quoted me the current delivery date and shipping process. I explained that I had already read that information and repeated my question. Finally, the representative looked into the matter and informed me that the couch had been damaged during shipping. Wayfair offered me a 10% discount on my next order, but only if I used it within the next six months. They promised to deliver the replacement couch by September 30th.

The shipping and tracking information showed that the replacement couch was on its way, and I felt hopeful that it would arrive on time. On September 28th, I received an email stating that the delivery had reached their partner delivery service and was scheduled for September 30th between 7 am-7 pm. They would call me when it was within a 4-hour window of being delivered. However, when I checked the tracking number information on September 30th, the delivery date had been changed to October 1st. This was a problem because my landlord was repaving the driveway that week, and we had planned the whole process around the delivery of the couch to ensure that the pavers could access the path to the house. I called their delivery partner, who informed me that they would not be in my area on September 30th and did not know why Wayfair had told me that. The next available delivery date was a week later, which was not acceptable as I had family coming to visit and still had no couch.

I called Wayfair customer service, but I was hung up on twice before I could even explain my situation. On my third attempt, I asked to speak to a supervisor. I explained everything that had happened and informed them that I had returned the couch and wanted a refund. The supervisor informed me that there would be a $199 fee for returning the item. I was outraged and told her that it was completely unacceptable after everything I had been through with this order. She put me on hold for 15 minutes and finally came back on the line, offering to refund me the full amount.

I have never been treated so poorly as a customer or been so frustrated with a company and its customer service. Wayfair has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I will never order anything from them again.

Read full review of Wayfair and 1 comment
1 comment
2118884mike
Bristol, US
Jul 03, 2023 8:20 pm EDT

Same sort of thing has happened to me with a table I purchased - no tracking number. Well, there was a tracking number, but it wouldn’t show you anything. ! The delivery company they hired changed the dates over and over, I can verify this by emails- when I explained that I had to change my schedule to accommodate their failure to deliver in a timely manner I was told it was still within a 10 day timeframe. I know nothing of an additional 10 day timeframe. i’ve had three different delivery dates. It appears they expect you to simply suck it up. You’ll get it when you get it! How I inconsiderate to change date again when I get a text message at 1 o’clock saying their truck broke down! And it would be an additional two days before the next possible delivery! What the hell people? I finally contacted Customer Service explained everything and they were going to charge me $200 to return a table that I had not received! yes, you read that correctly they were going to charge me to return a table that they would not deliver! WOW!

In all honesty, I should have known better - it’s been A number of years since I have purchased an item from Wayfair due to buying a sofa that had been delivered USED ! I had waited six weeks on the delivery of this custom furniture couch! When it arrived of course I was shocked and so are the delivery people. However, they would not take it with them. They said I had to call Wayfair and make arrangements. Shocked I took photos and made my car while the delivery people were still in the driveway.It had stains and hair human hair inside the partial packaging. That was back in 2017 I have not purchased anything from them for quite some time after that experience. And no, I did not get a replacement. I decided I would make sofa purchase elsewhere. Although they did take care of the couch, they fully refunded my purchase, and asked me to dispose of the furniture. I asked them to please pick it up as I didn’t want someone used furniture in my house. They asked if I would please donate it. She” The Wayfair representative” explained they were just a third-party service! Wow.

This last purchase, I will say , I have never been treated this poorly as a customer. I have spent several thousand with wayfair in the past revamping a small cottage. But never again!

My next date for delivery maybe it will be July 5, Who knows ? It’s a wait-and-see at this point. From my point of you it looks as though they hire the cheapest /company possible to deliver your furniture. My latest experience, rude and incompetent. The delivery company need it now Furniture delivery…ha so funny because you’re certainly not going get it now! Probably not until much later With broken down trucks !

True I should have learned my lesson from a bad experience with Wayfair in the past but this time Customer Service was absolutely brutal.

Folks don’t take it from me check this information out yourself - Look at the reviews for Wayfair not the furniture reviews, but Wayfair the company.

Their average is 1.2 rating. They have enormous complaints via better business bureau etc. and several other sites averaging 1.6 and below for rating and complaints.

This time yes for sure , I have truly learned my lesson and I will never purchase anything from Wayfair or whomever they’re connected with! An absolute done deal.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair Misleading Product Photo and Censorship of Negative Reviews - My Disappointing Experience with Wayfair

I recently bought two pendant lights from Wayfair to hang over my kitchen island during my remodel. I was excited to receive them, as I had seen a picture of the exact same lights used in a custom kitchen setting on the website. However, when the lights arrived, I was disappointed to find that they came with an extension cord type wire with a plug-in at the end, instead of the type of wire you would expect with a pendant light, and the parts necessary to attach to an electrical box in the ceiling. This was not what I was expecting, as all the pendant lights I had been looking at were meant to be installed in a certain way. The photograph on Wayfair.com conveniently did not show the connection at the ceiling, which I now know was done for a reason. I was frustrated that I had to drive all over town to find the parts to make the lights work, and it cost me $30 and an extended wait of 8 days, which I didn't have, as I am on a time crunch. It was a nightmare.

To make matters worse, I wrote a negative review with 1 star, but it did not show up when I pulled up the item. It seems that Wayfair does not want negative reviews on any of their items. I was surprised that I didn't see any negative reviews before purchasing the lights, as other people surely had to have made the purchase based on the photograph. Maybe those reviews could have saved me from my fiasco, but even though I am trying to save other people from making the same mistake, my review isn't even being posted. Who else is going to fall into this trap? This is incredible.

I called Wayfair to voice my concerns, and it got even uglier. I called a number I found on my order, and I was actually answered by someone at Perigold, who is apparently a company under Wayfair. The first person I spoke to was very pleasant and understood my frustration. She transferred me to a supervisor named Beth, as we were going to try to figure out how to correct the photograph, as well as figure out why my review wasn't being posted. That supervisor actually told me that I would have seen that the pendant lights were only to be plugged in to outlets if I had gone to the specs sheet and read it, regardless of what the photograph showed. Seriously? So I guess you can post any photograph you want in order to sell something, as long as somewhere in the specs, it specifies something different. Based on my purchase that was not what was shown in the photograph at Wayfair.com, the fact that my review was not posted, then the attitude of the supervisor I spoke with, I will NEVER be making another purchase with Wayfair. They proved who they are, and I heard them loud and clear.

E

Wayfair Wayfair Review: Cheap Furniture, Terrible Delivery & Customer Service

I was so excited to save a ton of money on furniture for my baby's room and get free delivery from Wayfair. But, let me tell you, it was too good to be true. The quality of the products is just slightly better than Ikea, which isn't saying much. But, hey, it was cheap and it serves its purpose, so I can't complain too much.

Now, let's talk about the free delivery and the website ordering process. When I first registered on the site, my address was listed incorrectly. I changed the billing address on my order and clicked "same as billing" for the shipping address. I needed to make a slight change to account for instructions as my building number system can be confusing. But, this change reverted the order to my previous address with the same instructions. I guess it's my own fault for not double and triple checking the address.

On the day of delivery, my first order was left at the side of my building in an alleyway. I saw this happen after a brief discussion with the driver asking for the name on the package, address, etc. as I was walking out of my house to attend an appointment. The information he provided was not mine. I assumed someone else had a delivery and went on my merry way. But, when I checked the tracking info, it said that my order was delivered. Yes, it was the one with all the incorrect delivery info left in the alley. I called Wayfair and was put on hold over and over again. I was told that I changed the address, etc. and they couldn't/wouldn't do anything. I said yes, I did change it, to my correct address. I stated that I had an appointment and they needed to call UPS and get them to move it out of the alley and to the front door. When I got home, it was in my apartment as my loving husband borrowed a car, left work, and rescued it. I looked at the label and apparently the CSR thought it was a good idea to put HER name on the delivery instead of mine. Also, instead of "southernmost door," as I requested, it stated "side door." Is that the same thing?

The next day, I patiently awaited my next delivery. I checked the UPS site and, lo and behold, they had NO SHIPPING INFO. The address was changed on the first delivery and not the second. The Wayfair website would have me believe all was hunky dory as it was, in fact, changed on my account and for the order. I called UPS directly this time, they changed the info, and I now hope for it to arrive tomorrow at the correct address.

Was I notified by ANYONE that there was no delivery info? Nope. Is there a reason Wayfair updated one order and not the other? I don't know. I now am awaiting one more item scheduled for Friday. We will see what adventures may come!

My advice to you, my fellow peeps, is to just pay the extra and go with Ikea. The stuff is the same, you're not saving much from Wayfair, and Ikea actually delivers on time and to the correct address. Let's just hope I don't go into labor while I wait.

Wayfair Wayfair Review: Quality Control Issues and Poor Customer Service

Been buying from Wayfair for years now, and I gotta say, I've had my fair share of problems with them. I recently moved into a new home and made multiple purchases from them over the last year. Unfortunately, 75% of my purchases were either defective or needed a part replaced. It's frustrating, but Wayfair's policy seems to be to issue a replacement and not request the original item back. I've been donating my duplicates to animal shelters, homeless shelters, and fire victims.

Just recently, I bought a ceiling fan from them, and after installation, I noticed it wasn't level due to a manufacturer's defect. I reached out to Wayfair via chat, and the automated response was to agree to a discount and keep the item. But I wanted them to reorder the fan and return the original, which wasn't an option. When I "declined" the keep/discount option, my chat directed me to call instead. I didn't realize I was being "flagged" as a problem customer. I explained my issue, but they told me I've had multiple issues with recent orders and they needed to investigate further. A few days later, I received an email from the Executive Resolution Dept. They told me they would send me a return label to return the fan and that I could then reorder after that was received. But instead, I found that Lowes would price match, so I purchased the replacement through them instead. The 2nd fan was fine.

Meanwhile, I also purchased the Laurie Semi Flush Mount light fixture "open box." Given my experience with defects, I chatted to confirm their return policy with OB. If it is defective, the no return OB option is nullified, and they will correct any concerns. The fixture arrived intact, but after installation, I noticed the crystals were very cloudy. I reached out to Wayfair chat for help with how to clean the crystals, but I was unable to chat. I sent an email, and the Executive Resolution Dept. responded. They told me that I should not have attempted to chat because I would fill a spot that another customer could have taken (never told that previously). They were on the defense and told me that I could not return the light since it was installed (that was not the case with the defective fan!). I replied that I only wanted the manufacturer's contact for cleaning instructions and did not wish to return the light at this point. They said they could not assist.

The manufacturer's website referred me back to the retailer/Wayfair, but I was able to find their email online myself (since Wayfair would not assist and took the defensive). The cleaning instructions they provided did not correct the problem, so they informed me that they would reach out to Wayfair to see about a return. Wayfair told them I purchased an open box and was given a discount to accept a fixture in any form it arrived in. That is a blatant mistruth based on their return policy.

I now realize that, YES, 75% of my purchases over the last year have been problematic. Not sure why I needed the saga to open my eyes to that concern, but I will no longer shop with Wayfair, nor do I recommend them. If they would simply request the damaged items back, they could see that consumers are not just stocking up on duplicates and that they have quality control issues with their manufacturers.

O
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair Horrible Experience with Wayfair: Lost Bed, Deceitful Delivery Updates, and Terrible Customer Service

I had a really bad experience with Wayfair. I ordered a bed on November 10th and was supposed to get it by November 15th. But I didn't get any notification about the shipping. I called Wayfair customer service several times, but they couldn't give me a clear answer. They kept giving me different excuses, like the bed was out of stock or lost or shipping from China. It was really frustrating. My husband is a truck driver, and he told Wayfair that it doesn't take weeks to travel across the country. But Wayfair wouldn't provide us with a tracking number.

After waiting for six weeks, we finally got a text notification that our bed would be delivered on December 17th. My husband took the day off from work to receive the delivery. But the delivery time kept getting pushed back throughout the day. At one point, it said our bed would be delivered at 11:30 PM. When we checked the GPS location of the delivery truck at 8:00 PM, it took us to an empty dirt road. We even took pictures of the empty road to prove to Wayfair that their company is deceitful.

We expected our bed to be delivered the next day, but it wasn't. We just kept getting fake delivery updates. My husband spent several hours on the phone with customer service and a case manager assigned to our order. Everyone at Wayfair has lied to us. Today is December 20th, and we still don't have a bed. Now, Wayfair is telling us they have lost our bed again. This company is a joke. I will never order from them again, and I have been telling everyone I know not to order from them either.

Wayfair hires third-party delivery companies that never answer their phones, and Wayfair claims they have no control of the deliveries. A honest company would at least put a disclaimer on their website that they hire third-party companies to handle their deliveries. We are going to ask for a refund at this point. We will never get our bed, and we will never do business with Wayfair. Take your money to a legitimate company if you want to save yourself hours on the phone with Wayfair. We ordered a new bed from a different company on Wednesday, and it will be delivered this Monday by UPS. Also, Wayfair claims we were the only ones having this problem, but after reading these reviews, I see that as a lie too. Run away from Wayfair.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair Disappointing Experience with Wayfair: Unreliable Customer Service and Broken Promises

I recently had an experience with Wayfair that left me feeling frustrated and disappointed. My business was contacted by a representative in mid-May to make a large purchase of furniture. We confirmed the purchase at the end of May and were told that the furniture would arrive in early July. However, when I contacted the representative for an update in late June, I was told that the order had not been placed, even though the check had already been cashed. I attempted to contact the representative several times after this conversation but never received a response.

Finally, on August 12th, I received an email stating that my order had been placed. However, when I logged on to the website, I discovered that the order had just been placed and that none of the furniture would arrive in time for our opening. After several hours on the phone, I was able to speak to a supervisor who promised to update me daily. He also asked me to pay again via credit card and cancel the already cashed check. When I refused to give more money, he said that we would just have to wait until financing found our check.

I offered multiple times to provide proof from our bank of the cashed checks, but we received no further reply. The supervisor also promised to expedite shipping so that the furniture would arrive the week before our opening. However, when none of the promised furniture arrived, I attempted to contact the supervisor again but received no reply.

I logged onto the website and discovered that nothing had been expedited and much of the furniture that had been promised as in stock was now back-ordered until January in some cases. I called the general business line and requested to speak to a supervisor, but the representative initially refused to transfer me. After explaining the situation, she finally transferred me to the on-call supervisor, who informed me that the previous supervisor was incorrect and that we would not be able to get the furniture any faster.

I decided to cancel the order, and the supervisor informed me that it would take 3-5 weeks for a refund to be processed. I reluctantly agreed, but when I contacted her again after not receiving the refund, she told me that finance said it would take more than 6 weeks for the refund to be processed.

I am extremely disappointed with Wayfair's customer service and the way they handled this situation. As a small business, the thousands of dollars they are holding onto interest-free make a significant difference for our company. I have decided to order everything through Amazon instead, and we received all of the furniture within two weeks of ordering. It was also significantly cheaper.

In conclusion, I would advise others to skip Wayfair and the headache that comes with it. Their customer service is unacceptable, and their promises cannot be trusted.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair Mixed Experience with Wayfair: Great Customer Service, Frustrating Payment Process

I had a real bad experience with Wayfair last week and I wrote a bad review online. That got me a call from their Customer Service, because bad online press seems to be the only thing companies care about these days. The Wayfair guy went the extra mile to appease me; he not only resolved my original complaint with a discount, but also threw in a personal 10% discount code for a future purchase. So, I admit, I was appeased, even pleased. That motivated me to make another purchase today, which purchase purchased me yet more grief.

At first, the code didn't work. Aarghhhj! To use the personal 10% discount I had to sign in to my Wayfair account, I figured out only after trial and error (because the email didn't say so!). Once I got their system to apply the 10% discount (this purchase is taking way too long!), I hit PAY NOW, expecting the usual payment gauntlet, but suddenly I"m done! Done?!? How? 1? I root around my Wayfair account and find an old credit card number I don't even recognize, which expires this month. No way I saved that on their Wayfair account; did they save it without asking me?!?

Anyways, some more rooting around reveals that they went through Paypal. Paypal?!? How?!? Well, so I go to the Paypal site, but Paypal doesn't have that credit card number, but rather two others, except that I can't find out which one they charged the Wayfair purchase to. Yet this all happened instantaneously, apparently, because Paypal says Wayfair already has its money. So, Wayfair is all paid up, except I can't find out how, because Paypal has no customer service, and Wayfair customer service has a 2 hour wait! So, I say to myself, let me write them an email instead. Here's the email their system won't send! Without any explanation! After I waste my time writing it. I append it here for a warning to others:

"I'm very upset about my Order #: ***. When I clicked on PAY NOW, suddenly payment was made, I know not how! After clicking around, I found on my Wayfair account an old credit card number I didn't even recognize and so I got worried. However, somehow I figured out that Wayfair charged me through Paypal. Now, Payfal has different credit card accounts than the one listed at Wayfair, but I couldn't figure out which one they charged my Wayfair purchase too. Paypal had no customer service at all, and your Wayfair customer service line warned of a 2 hour wait! So, I'm upset. Can you blame me? Can you please tell me which of my credit cards you charged exactly?

In the future, I will only purchase from Wayfair as a Guest, so that I have complete control over and review of the entire payment process! BTW, to make matters even more complicated, I was given a special 10% discount code for the bad experience I had at Wayfair last week, and the code didn't work at first (very frustrating!), but then after I signed in to my Wayfair account, I found that it did. So, I canceled the order without the discount, and it looks like I did manage to cancel it, except that Paypal lists not the discounted price that went through eventually, but rather the undiscounted price that was canceled. I can't figure out what happened and I don't have TWO HOURS! To wait on the phone for your phone agent to explain it. I'm very, very upset. John Tomarchio"

Overall, my experience with Wayfair has been a bit of a rollercoaster. While I was initially pleased with the customer service I received after leaving a bad review, my recent purchase has left me feeling frustrated and upset. The process of using a personal discount code was not clearly explained, and I was left confused when an old credit card number appeared on my account. To make matters worse, the payment process was completed through Paypal, and I am unable to determine which credit card was charged for my purchase. While I appreciate the effort made by Wayfair to resolve my previous complaint, I am now hesitant to make future purchases through their website. In the future, I will likely only purchase as a guest to ensure that I have complete control over the payment process.

G

Wayfair Shady and Underhanded: My Experience with Wayfair.com

I'm a shopper who knows what I want and what I'm willing to pay for it. I've worked in retail and customer service for years, so I know when a company is trying to pull a fast one. And let me tell you, Wayfair.com is one of those companies.

My daughter requested a home item from their gift registry, and I noticed the prices fluctuating suspiciously. It seemed like they were trying to get customers to pay more for overpriced bedding. When I finally bought the item at a lower price, they didn't ship it for weeks, even though they charged my credit card right away.

I spent two hours on hold trying to fix the problem, but they told me that they charge the higher price if the item is listed at that price on the day they ship it. They made my daughter pay an extra $20 even though I had already paid for the item in full. And they charge you right away, even if they don't ship the item for weeks.

This is not how reputable retailers operate. Wayfair is shady and underhanded. I checked other reviews and found that other customers had similar experiences. They get a second star for having a nice customer service representative, but that doesn't make up for their terrible policies.

I was going to make a big fuss, but my daughter was able to get a refund for the extra $20. I'm still worried about the quality of the product, though. As someone who works in public safety, I know how important it is to have safe and reliable products in your home. I'm considering buying a protective cover for the bedding just to be safe.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend Wayfair. They use bait and switch tactics and don't seem to care about their customers. If you have a problem with them, make sure to speak up and get your money back. Don't let them cheat you like they did to me.

S
10:11 am EDT

Wayfair Order no: [protected]

I ordered a Carroll 3 seater settee, 2 seater settee and a recliner chair on 5/4/23, including 2 assembly appointments, paying for everything in full. I was then inundated with messages from the assembly company! Delivery was estimated for 8/5/23, a Bank Holiday after the Coronation. After 2 phone calls to check the date was correct, I was told that there was a delay. I called again to check the delivery date, as it was never updated, to be told the supplier had proof of delivery! As they couldn't supply proof of delivery, the 3 items were reordered, delivery estimated for 19/06/23. Meanwhile, the assembly had been cancelled by the assembly company, so I had to rebook that. They charged £101.99 twice, although cost on the website was £69.99! Another phone call to sort this. I then called on 17/6/23 as nothing had been dispatched. I did the same on 19/6/23 (today) but nothing dispatched. I then noticed on the invoice that the re-ordered items cost a lot less than I had originally paid, but no money refunded, So today I cancelled the whole order, and am awaiting the full amount that I originally paid. Fingers crossed! This experience has been terrible, I'm disgusted!

Desired outcome: An apology and a full refund please. I would also like the interest that I lost on nearly £2200 that you have had for over 2 months

12:53 pm EDT

Wayfair Anton dining table

We ordered the Anton Dining Table by Fleur De Lis Living on Sunday, June 11, 2023 for a sale price of $295. The parts for this table is being shipped in multiple shipments. On Friday, June 16, 2023, 5 days later we have not yet received all the parts but saw that Wayfair dropped the price to $240, a $55 difference. We called their customer service and asked for a price adjustment to the lower price and they refused to honor it. We then offered to return the item and purchase at the lower price but they said we would have to pay a return fee of $106! We called again and asked to speak to their corporate office and the man on the phone was VERY rude telling my husband that "why we keep calling if we are getting the same answer" and hung up the phone on him! We will NEVER patronize this company again. I am telling my family, friends, neighbors and colleagues NEVER to purchase anything from this company. I'll also make sure to spread the word of their unfairness on Facebook, Twitter and Tik Tok.

Desired outcome: My desired outcome is a price adjustment from $295 to $240 on my husband's account for order [protected]

C
8:44 pm EDT

Wayfair Return shipping fees

I bought 4 wall pictures and was not happy w/quality. Apparently Wayfair no longer provides return shipping label-you have to go through process of taking a picture of item and what is wrong with it. Then they submit it to mgmt for review. It took approximately 3 weeks for them to resolve shipping issue. Otherwise you have to pay for shipping costs. In my case $45 for an item that cost $125. They tried to get me to keep it for 10% off. Then they offered me discount of $30 on my next purchase. I used to shop on Wayfair site frequently after I bought a new house. This is a very poor way of doing business-it’s not worth the stress of returning an item. I will never shop on their site again.

Z
1:17 pm EDT

Wayfair Price change within 5 days of my original purchase

I ordered (3) Bar Stools Order #[protected] on 6-7-23 @129.99 each received them on 6-9-23, however today 6-12-23 I see these bar stools are now $109.99 and I called to request a price change credit with in the "6" days of purchase but because "their is a "Fathers Day" sale now, they won't honor the difference and I think this is BS, that is $60.00 total that I could have saved on my purchase!

So yes I'm a bit pissed and I will never use this site again!

Desired outcome: I would prefer a credit of $60.00 for my order!

8:36 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair The wrong product was delivered

On Thursday April 13, 2023 we ordered a left hand facing, blue 100% velvet Wade Logan sofa and chaise with ottoman. The initial estimated time period for delivery was for April 25-May 3.

Later we received a notification that our couch would arrive sometime between May 2-10th 2023. The couch was finally delivered to the new house in 2 boxes on May 15, 2023. My husband set the couches up and took pictures to show me our new couch, as I still had a couple more weeks left in Arkansas before I could move entirely to our new home with my husband.

The couch looked like the pictures on the website, I was pleased. However, when I made it to our new home, I could see clearly that this couch does not have the velvet material as advertised on the website. It does not have the same material as stated on the delivery description, order summary or the invoice. We ordered and paid for a velvet couch but ended up with what appears to be linen.

I would like for it to be noted that on this 11th Day of June, I have submitted a written complaint to Wayfair.

I would appreciate being contacted regarding reimbursement and replacement. Thank you.

Desired outcome: I would appreciate being contacted regarding reimbursement and/or replacement. Thank you.

J
4:01 pm EDT

Wayfair Order [protected] - Item # CHDT0084 Office Chair

Purchased item on 12/6, chair's suspension is no longer working, and the chair is stuck in the lowest position. Tried to contact Wayfair this morning via chat, that was a frustrating experience as no live person responded when I requested. Called Wayfair's CS line and asked for a supervisor after I was told by first rep that Wayfair will back their products for 30 days and after that I was out of luck. Not acceptable! Asked for a Supervisor who rudely tried to tell me the same thing. What kind of company backs their products for 30 days? No wonder this company has a rating of 1.64 stars out of 1863 reviews. Do you not try at all to think outside of the box to help your customers? Do you not empower your teammates to do what is right? Pathetic! I want a call back and I want a resolution.

Desired outcome: Chair replaced

D
6:18 am EDT

Wayfair Angi

Okay its is not the bed we wish to cancel, you messed up on delivery first time with the bunk bed, it was promised for delivery 12.5.2023, did not arrive then the perfectic angi service you offer were supposed to fit it on 13th may, bed never arrived you did not cancel angi and said you would so, then the system tracking on bed doesnt work, you then said 29th may, the bed arrived 19th may! Then angi is the most awful service ever you cant get hold of them because you use and american service perfectic too, angi, booked 10 am 13.5.2023, we had to cancel as your guys did not as they said they would do so, rescheduled for 7am on 25.5. Confirmed by angi at 6.30am that morning angi cancelled, rescheduled 12 am today 27 may, angi cancelled at 9am today giving yet another date 12 on 31st may this is the most disgusting service ever, I need the £85 refunded immediately and I will be letting customers know how awful this service is why on earth do you use them, please refund my money immediately

Update by Dollydo
May 27, 2023 6:20 am EDT

Angi is the worst system ever why on earth are we using USA company not a UK

W
11:35 am EDT

Wayfair Deceptive Pricing on Furniture

On May 23rd, I saw two nightstands that I wanted were on sale. They were $359 each. I put them in my Shopping Cart on Wayfair but got busy and didn’t order them. The next day, I went to order them and they were now $368 each. I placed the order fearing that they would further increase in price. Today, the 25th, I looked at the website and they were now $268 each! I looked at my tracking and my nightstands hadn’t shipped. I contacted Customer Service and asked if they would honor the new sale price. They wouldn’t. I asked to cancel the order since it hadn’t shipped. They gave me new info that it had shipped. They said that the best they could do is have me send them back but I would not get a full refund to pay for return shipping. Then I could reorder them at the lower price….

Three different prices on three different days. I feel that I have been swindled!

Desired outcome: Have Wayfair honor the sales price of $268 per nightstand.

12:16 am EDT

Wayfair Mattress

We too have this exact problem. After ordering an adjustable bed and 2 Twin XL mattress's the order was wrong the mattress's did not match and one began to sink within days; Not a week, or month... Days. I called WAYFAIR and told them the problem and uploaded pictures; They said they could expedite the new mattress? almost 2 weeks later the exact same wrong mattress comes and its bad too. SAGGING! What kind of Scams are going on here. WAYFAIR was no help and did not care at all; They wanted to send a 3rd mattress and I said NO, just give me a Refund.

So, I looked at the info on the tag and began to do my Due Diligence on the manufacturer of both the beds... it's C. M Bedding Group. Never again, Will I shop WAYFAIR, The practices, Products and the whole experience was Horrible. It's pulling teeth to get them to care at all. Expedited was 2 weeks? Both My Husband and I are in Pain; Because of this situation and I'm Heated over this scam... this is my earned $ and I'm not laying down on this one...
WAYFAIR? We Got what you don't need!

Desired outcome: A Total Refund for my Time, Money and Work to investigate the situation,

View 0 more photos
C
11:05 am EDT

Wayfair Renboursement.

Mon nom est Claude Bernier et j'ai fait l'achat d'une chaise de bureau Jayetta 2507 le 26 avril. Le numéro de commande était [protected]. Malheureusement, je n'ai pas recu cette chaise car le probleme était que ma carte de crédit master card était echu et par oubli je n'avait pas fait mon changement. Je regrette sincerement pour mon erreur. Je suis pres a faire mon nouvel achat avec ma nouvelle carte mais j'aimerais bien etre renboursé sur ma carte car cela n'a toujours pas été fait. Merci de votre attention et attends votre réponse. J'essai de communiquer par téléphone mais les lignes sont toujours engagées. Bonne journée.

B
2:36 pm EDT

Wayfair Rug and warranty

I ordered a rug a rug and warranty back in Dec 2022 knowing it was on backorder, but I was willing to wait. Next thing I know I am getting a invoice for the warranty for the rug I don't have. At the time when I purchased the warranty, I thought common sense would say, we haven't shipped the rug put the warranty on hold until the rug ships. Come to find out common sense is not something that Wayfair employee have and apparently not something required to work at Wayfair. I immediately called and cancelled the warranty. Now I think this is resolved. NO- received another invoice the next month with interest and late fees attached. Unbelievable This time I called and disputed the charges. This took several months to resolved but finally that charge and all related fees were removed. Keep in mind that this entire time the charge for the rug was never on the invoice. Now I'm thinking everything is straight-Boy was I wrong, now this month I get an invoice for the rug-which I still don't have. I call the credit card company and speak to Abby who get a Wayfair person on the phone. My plan was to pay the entire mount once I got the rug. So now I have no rug and I can either make monthly payment which will involve interest or pay in full for a rug they don't know when they will ship it. Neither were willing to remove the charge until the rug shipped. I don't know of anyone that would pay for an item that is on backorder and no one knows when it will ship. So, this Wayfair employee says the only thing you can do is cancel the order. I cancelled the order and close the Wayfair credit account. I only opened it because they gave you an additional discount and since the rug was hundreds of dollars, I wanted every discount I could get. What a mistake! So, Wayfair, you don't have just what I need unless I am looking for incompetence. I told both these individuals that I would be posting my experience with Wayfair and their credit card company, and neither could have cared less. I wonder if Kelly Clarkson know who she is really representing. Maybe I'll copy and paste this to her. Why after all these months of not charging me for this rug ALL OF A SUDDEN, they charge me and still no rug is the mystery question, but again NO COMMONSENSE AT WAYFAIR OR THEIR CREDIT CARD COMPANY! Like Forrest Gump says "You can't fix stupid" so I chose not to continue after 5 months of dealing with stupid.

Desired outcome: I would like to get the rug BUT NOT PAY FOR IT UNTIL I RECEIVE IT-KNOWING THAT IT SHIPPED.

A
6:01 pm EDT

Wayfair Customer service

I ordered a bed, and canceled the order within minutes after finding the bed $100 cheaper on Amazon and Wayfair would not price match. I called to confirm the order was canceled. In the meantime, I ordered two beds from Amazon. A couple days later, I received an email from Wayfair saying my bed was delivered. I came home to find three identical boxes stacked in one pile on my front porch. I called Wayfair. They asked how many boxes the order came in. They then emailed me 3 labels to attach to the boxes. Fed Ex arrived the next day to pick up the three boxes. (The lady I spoke with at Wayfair said it was likely the headboard was in one box, the footboard in another box, and the railing in the third box). Two days later, I discovered that two of the boxes Wayfair had picked up were my beds from Amazon (Amazon delivered ahead of schedule). I spoke with Wayfair daily and tracked the arrival of my Amazon beds to their warehouse in Kentucky. I called Wayfair within minutes of their warehouse receiving my beds. They told me they had no way to call anyone in their warehouse, they had no way to locate my beds, they had no way to charge me to ship the beds back to me and that all returns get destroyed. I spoke with two supervisors and asked if there was absolutely anyway they could either return or replace my beds and they said,”No.”. I am not out hundreds of dollars and two beds.

Desired outcome: I would like Wayfair to send me two replacement beds of equal value and style.

Overview of Wayfair customer experience

Wayfair, the online furniture retailer, has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from its customers. Many have complained about the poor quality of the products they received, with some even reporting that items arrived damaged or missing parts. Others have expressed frustration with the company's customer service, citing long wait times and unhelpful representatives. Additionally, some customers have reported issues with delivery, including delayed shipments and difficulty scheduling appointments. Overall, Wayfair's poor product quality, customer service, and delivery issues have left many customers dissatisfied and frustrated.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Wayfair contacts