Menu
Wayfair
reviews & complaints

Wayfair
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

161 complaints
7 resolved 154 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Wayfair. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
3:08 am

Wayfair - extremely unprofessional

I bought 4 pillows from www.wayfair.com online store over two months ago and received nothing yet. When I contacted Wayfair for the first time they assured me my order was shipped but later I received a message stating that it was on backorder.
Customer service rep said that they will fix everything but they need some extra time to do that. After about two weeks of waiting there was still no decision and no option offered so I decided to cancel my order. I was shocked when they said that cancellation was impossible!
They said that I'll get my order but they don't know when and asked me to wait patiently. That is absolutely ridiculous! These people can't tell anything and they are extremely unprofessional. Better shop elsewhere.

1:56 am

Wayfair - I bought two rugs

I bought two rugs from www.wayfair.com website and received only one. It was nice and looked exactly like I expected. But there still was a problem - second rug was missing. I contacted Wayfair and their rep said that it was no longer available so they sent only one rug and promised me a refund.
They said that they need few days to process a refund, but even after a week of waiting there was no sign of my money! And every time I contacted Wayfair they said that they need more time. I asked for some reasonable explanation but they were not able to explain anything. I am very disappointed with this store.

Y
2:26 am

Wayfair - what kind of service is this??

I have purchased a sofa from www.wayfair.com and not only I received the wrong color one but there also was a huge stain!
I contacted customer service and they said that they can't give me a replacement because that was the last model they had. Then I asked for a full refund and they said that they need some time to discuss and think of what to do.
No one contacted me back and when I decided to call myself they said that they can't refund me! Ridiculous scam!

J
5:26 am

Wayfair - be very cautious when buying from wayfair.

Wanted to return a product which I did not like. It looked nothing like pictures and not what I expected it to be, so I asked for a refund. Wayfair refused to give my money back and said that since there was no damage or defect they were not able to refund me. Well, it was not my problem. Yes, the product was not damaged, but it also did not met my expectations and when I paid I wanted to see something completely different. Asked them many times, but they refused and said that it was their final decision. Very poor customer service and totally unreliable company.

1:04 am

Wayfair - one chair was missing and they refused to help

Before placing my order I contacted Wayfair customer care and asked about the set I was interested in. I really loved one table and wanted it in my dining room, but I was wondering about the chairs. The rep told me that yes, it was a full dining room set which included one table and four chairs. Seemed like a great deal so I placed an order. When my order arrived one chair was missing! I immediately contacted Wayfair and asked them about the missing chair and they said "sorry, but there were only three chairs left". What? No, really, what? That was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! I'll never order anything from them again.

R
4:08 am

Wayfair - awful!

There policy states that it is possible to return defective items, but these people do not honor their own policy! I've ordered 4 things and the first three came straight away and were ok. The last item arrived only few days ago and was damaged. When I contacted Wayfair they refuse to give replacement or refund me! They didn't care! Worst company ever! I will never order anything from them again!

A
6:50 am

Wayfair - not happy

I recently moved into a new house and decided to buy some new furniture. I went online and found Wayfair website. I really liked their products and prices. I've ordered a really cute rug and everything seemed fine until it arrived. The rug I received was great and very beautiful, but it was not the rug that I ordered. I decided to return it because it didn't go with my room. I contacted customer service and then sent the rug back to them. I also paid over $40 for the return shipping. I'm still waiting for a replacement, but since I returned it I heard nothing from the company. Doesn't look like I will be ordering from them anymore.

R
11:50 pm

Wayfair - prices

I went to their website for the first time and was going thru all clearance items. I came to a roman window shade in green only at $5.61+6.Dollars and some change for my size. But when I went to order the price was over $30.00. I called and told them the problem. She said the $5 price was wrong. Their error and she was sorry. So watch what price you are really being charged. I won't be ordering anything from them for sure.

V
8:13 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ordered wall tiles for a customer's bathroom June 18th, 2015. Paid for fastest shipping option, and the lady over the phone said to me it would be delivered to me 100% by the 24th. I called the 22nd and 23rd just to make sure it was still on schedule, they said it was. Then I get an e-mail the 24th at night, not a phone call, stating that they had to change...

I
11:21 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered set of one table and six chairs from the website www.wayfair.com. I paid about $700 for the order and delivery. The seller provided the confirmation email and set the delivery date. But the delivery man provided only table without chairs. I contacted the seller and he told me that the order consisted of table only. He told me that I wasn’t...

7:46 pm

Wayfair - Deceptive return policy

CSN describes a "no problem" return policy. They actually charge almost half the price of each item you are returning as a shipping and handling charge even if all the items were shipped together in one box.

I have purchased from numerous online retailers and they all accept returns with a minor restocking fee. CSN has numerous complaints published regarding this exact situation. The fees are charged whether you accept store credit or ask for a refund so either way, you pay for the item so they can resell it at full price. They make me ashamed to be from Massachusetts.

2 comments
Aug 24, 2011 6:53 pm

csn stores SUCK ROYALLY

Aug 24, 2011 6:52 pm

yes I had a problem about sending back an air conditioner i had ordered from sears.com but I was not able bring back to a sears store to return because it was shipped by csn stores, sears gave me the customer service stores I CALLED THE SO CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE # IT IS TOATALLY BS IT TOOK THEM 3 WEEKS TO GET ME A SHIP BACK BACK RECEIPT VIA EAMIL TO SEND IT BACK THIS ONLY BECAUSE I CALLED BACK 4 TIMES AND GOT A LITTEL MEANER EVERY TIME, I TOLD THEM IWAS ABOUT TO CALL THE BETTER BUSIINESS BUREAU . AFTER FINALLY CALLING THE LAST PERSON SHE FIANALLY SENT ME THE MAIL BACK TICKET.
EVEN AFTER SENDING IT BACK THE DUMB PEOPLE AT CSN SENT ME THE AIR CONDITIONER BACK 2 WEEKS LATER I REFUSED THE SHIPMENT THEN IT WENT BACK, BUT THE CRAP ABOUT THIS WAS I PAID WITH A CREDIT CARD AND IT TOOK THIS COMPANY ALMOST 2 MONTHS TO CREDIT MY CARD I WAS SO PISSED ABOUT THIS I WILL NEVER BUY ANY THIS THAT SAYS CSN STORES .

C
9:07 pm

Wayfair - Fraud, Gouging,

More than a week before they said they would ship, I tried to cancel my order. Next day, by e-mail CSN congratulated me and said they upgraded my order and would ship that day. I then called them and they said it was too late they had already shipped. From there it has gone downhill. Now I expect delivery this week. Package is 195 pound. They won't get if off the truck and wan't to charge another $144.98 to have a truck with a lift gate deliver it. They want more to take it back.

I will never but from these people ever again !

Columbian

1 comment
G
May 19, 2011 3:10 pm

They did the same thing to me with a wine refrigerator. The freight company called and made me aware that I had to lift it (297 lbs) from the truck myself. I explained that I could not. I went back and forth with CSN about the additional charge and finally told them to cancel as that was not explained when I placed the order. (If I had known, I would not have placed the order with them.) A WARNING TO ALL - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. I am contacting the BBB and the Attorney General's Office in my state (NJ) and CSN (Mass.). You should do the same.

8:26 pm

Wayfair - deceptive sales practice/lack of customer service

I ordered and was immediately charged for the four crystal beverage glasses I ordered. I later received an email with tracking info. When UPS delivered, they advised that I not accept the shipment. (The agent shook the box in front of me...and it sounded like a box of shattered glass. The glasses were all broken, and no packing material at all was evident.) I called CSN immediately (on a Thursday) and was told I would receive the replacement shipment the following Wednesday. I called the following Wednesday and found that no shipment had gone out. They told me it would go out in ANOTHER two days. The first UPS tracking notice showed that they had received the first damaged shipment back a day after I had reported it. As of today, I have been told that it will take another week to receive the glasses and that they will be crediting my Paypal account immediately. So far no credit, and no glasses. I will update if something changes.

2:07 am

Wayfair - Return Policy

I ordered a king size bed frame from CSN STORES. Box arrived on time and in good condition. Due to change in decorating plan, the frame was no longer needed. Contacted CSN STORES regarding return of bed frame. They offered refund of only 46% of the purchase price (payable up to two months later) and that I would be responsible for the return shipping. This would leave only pennies remaining from my original purchase price. CSN STORES would then have a new king size bed frame to resell and I would have almost nothing of the original cost returned. BUYER BEWARE, if you need to return an item to CSN STORES, YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF.

3 comments
L
Mar 15, 2011 1:17 am

CSN customer service is horrible!

L
Mar 15, 2011 1:16 am

I've had a similar problem. I ordered a faucet for a vintage sink I have. The faucet arrived, package was intact, but when I opened it, the porcelain cold marker on the faucet handle was shattered in 10 pieces. I had to call them 4 times, each time they said they would send me a new faucet handle (one said they had no record, tracking number was illegible, etc. etc.) I explained to them that I need it for a final plumbing inspection so I could get my certificate of occupancy for my new home. The replacement faucet handle arrived, but it was not even close to the handle that was supposed to be replaced - I'm getting ready to call them to request a return label - I'm just waiting to hear what their excuse is now. I had no choice but to purchase a faucet so I could get the inspection completed. I couldn't afford to wait 4 more weeks! I know customer service isn't what it used to be, but this was ridiculous!

S
Oct 20, 2010 9:36 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

From from experience, CSN Stores policies are explained up front and very customer friendly. Top notch service.

Wayfair - returns

We purchased 2 c, at trees under the impression that the shipping and return shipping was paid for.
when we needed to return one, their 'hassel free" shipping was not ! this thing weighed over 10lbs, they said we were responsible for the shipping return and would not refund our origional shipping fee and if we wanted a shipping label emailed to us fr them it would cost 14$!
The way their policy reads leads you to think they will pay for returns. THEY DO NOT AND YOU ARE EXPECTED TO PICK UP ANY FEES.I would not buy anything fr theses people again, they are totally inflexible and not clear as to their return policies...and now I see why.

Buyer Beware!

M
4:17 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair - deceptive advertising

WATCH OUT...THIS COMPANY USES DECEPTIVE METHODS FOR THEIR SHIPPING. Three day shipping is NOT three day shipping (or 2 day or 1 day). When you order from Amazon or any other reputable company, lets say on a Sunday, three day shipping means they ship Monday, and have it to you Thursday...three days. AFTER I placed my order for 3 day shipping, I checked my email to view the purchase invoice and it said expected delivery was exactly 10 days from my order date! I called cust service the next bus. day and they non-chalantly said "oh, it takes 2 or 3 days in the warehouse and once it's ready for shipment, THEN it takes 3 days". What a joke. This is NOT standard industry shipping methods. I said 'just tell us it will take 7 business days...I can live with that. Just don't lie and trick me into thinking I'll get it in three days". He didn't give a crap. It really ticked me off because I ordered on a Sat. eve. expecting this product by the following Thursday...but they had the delivery date as the Tuesday after that! The guy in the customer service credited my acct the difference but that did not solve my problem. It caused a lot of grief because I needed it for the following weekend and I passed up other possible options. This company handles retail products & shipping for many stores including Walmart and Home Depot! I ordered from an obsure furniture store and CSN Stores handled the transaction. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU CAN.

T
9:24 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

NEVER EVER AGAIN - Shipment to Canada was a nightmare. Was a Christmas Gift!!! Ordered Nov 16 with a ship date of Nov 23 Screw up at CSN therefore did not ship until Dec 3 (if I had not called they would not have known) Dec 5 arrives in Indiana via Home Direct Sits in Indiana until Dec 15 because Home Direct overloaded truck so pulled my package & did...

I
7:52 am

Wayfair - Unacceptable Delays/Communication

1) After a mid-September order, this dining set was extended-backordered from September to November to Decemeber to January, and I was not notified of the January date until November, despite pre-emptive email inquiries. Because of this delay in notification, I had no opportunity to order from someone else in time for Christmas. (My new, empty dining room addition was built in less time than this set takes to build, apparently.)

3) After this keen display of accuracy regarding the furniture ship time, I cancelled. I was then given inaccurate info about the time required for an electronic refund (48 hrs vs. immediately vs. 5 business days).

4) After 5 business days had already transpired, I was told that for some reason too technical to describe, an electronic refund to my debit Mastercard would be impossible and a check would have to be issued.

5) I was then refused the possibility of Fed Ex'ing said check overnight.

6) I was then given an inaccurate date as to when the check would ship (Fri vs the following Mon).

7) When the refund finally arrived, my name was misspelled on the check. Thankfully my bank processed the deposit anyway.

It took over 2 weeks from the time of my cancellation request to get my money back. Question: Would I have received that check as "quickly" were it not for my half-dozen-plus phone calls? Would they have even noticed the electronic refund wasn't working?

Everyone on the phone at CSN is friendly and cordial and occasionally helpful. But the manufacturing delays, order processing nuances, and poor information relay is infuriating. I can only describe this experience as excruciating, and I am a very patient person who almost never loses his temper on the phone. Good things do NOT come to those who wait on CSN. If a company wants to sell expensive items, it had better be able to refund that kind of money quick when the products aren't available. No other business I've run into has this much trouble processing a simple debit card transaction. I'm already having better luck at Max Furniture (Dallas).

V
5:24 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Do not buy from CSN STORES! They have lots of websites under the same umbrella... products come damaged and they charge you restocking fee and shipping if you don't want replacements. Therefore, i told them to send me another one and it took them another 2 weeks to ship it out. I waited and the 2nd one came damaged again as well... again told them just give...

A
7:00 pm

Wayfair - Customer Service

Summary:

Shortly before ordering our bunkbeds from CSN on 10 Feb. 2008 my wife and I found out we were pregnant with our second child. After hearing some horror stories from friends regarding there experiences with transitioning their children out of a crib and into there "big kid" or in our case "big boy bed" we decided to get ahead of the game and order the bed early. Well, thank the lord we did. The first attempt at delivering our much awaited bunk beds or as my two year old call them "bump a heads" was on 15 March 2008, 3 days after the estimated delivery window of 22 Feb.- 12 March which was provided on the day of purchase. Everything appeared to be going smoothly until we realized they had shipped us the twin over twin model rahter than the twin over full. After dealing with a language barrier in trying to figure out whether it was the correct bed with missing peices or actually the wrong bed it was determined the bed was indeed the wrong one and all of the peices had to be taken back out to the truck and returned. Fast forward a month and a half to 1 May 2008 (Now almost three months or a quarter of a year since we ordered the bed) and we had our second attempt at delivery. Again everything appeared to be going fine until the one person on the crew who spoke english (glad he was there) informed me that the bed they had delivered was missing parts and they would not be able to put the bed together without the parts. After speaking to both CSN and the delivery company I was convinced that it would be quicker to keep the parts that had been delivered at the house and have CSN ship me the remianing hardware "within a week" so I singed for the stuff that had been delivered and sent the delivery crew on their way. After a week of no parts ariving in the mail I decided to call CSN back yet again to check on the status of the parts at which time I am informed the parts will take another four weeks, pushing the delivery date for the missing parts into early June (remember we ordered the bed on10 February 2008). I bet you could guess what happened next...yep, you guessed it, the four weeks went past with no part delivered and when we called to follow up on the lack of delivery we were told a manager (Marcel) would give us a call on Tuesday (9 June 08). That call never came, instead we received a voice mail message from a female stating the parts are still not available and they are not expecting to get any until JULY (5 months after the order was placed). Now my wife is due to deliver our second child 3 Oct. 08 which means in a best case scenario at this point we will get the parts some time in July, then have to schedule to have someone come and set them up which will likely be a week or two additional, leaving us an even smaller window of time for us to transition our son into his new bed. Oh I almost forgot the fact each time they failed to deliver the correct/complete bed I had to take of work for a day which means I now have approx. $800.00 (almost the total cost of the bad) tied up in this for lost wages. I'll write again in July or August to let all of you know how this all work out.

Wayfair contacts