Walmartprice gouging

M Review updated:

I shop repeatedly online with walmart as well as in store, I buy the same items, and will go into the recent order list and just click away. What I didnt notice right away was that the price of all the items that i normally purchase increased to up to 3 times the amount. The items that were added that were not in my frequently ordered list were the normal price. Example.. Hawaiian punch gallon.. 1.68 in store and normally online prior to noticing, they charged me 4.74 a gallon each. I paid 30.00 for 4 ocean spray cranberry juice. plus additional items were well above the normal price. They said they were not price gouging.. well what do you call it? I say taking advantage of your customer!!

• Im
    I'm Disappointed Oct 11, 2017

I bought Great Value Drink Mix from Walmart.com for $4.28. The next day I bought the same in a Walmart store for $1.98.
    They will not simply refund the difference (the sensible thing) with an email or phone call, I have to take the stuff I bought online to a store to return it for a refund. Then I'll have to re-buy the items from the store. I have better ways to spend my time.
    I was told that Walmart no longer guarantees that their online prices will match or be better that the price in their stores! Check pricing before placing an order. Buy at your own risk!

• Fo
    Foodude Oct 12, 2017

I found the same thing with my orders from Walmart.com. For about three months the online prices matched my local Walmart. Then when I started to reorder the prices went sky high. Up $1.00 on both the cereals I buy. Up $1.50 on 12 oz Tuna. Some items were up even more. A 40 oz. peanut butter was up over $2.00 a jar. This is bait and switch pricing if ever I've seen it.
    I know grocery pricing well. For 38 years I owned three good size supermarkets. I did my own price maintenance and constantly checked my competitors to remain competitive. So now that I am no longer in the business, I enjoy shopping multiple stores checking prices and getting the best bargains I can. Its a matter of pride for me.
    This is the worst case of PRICE GOUGING I've ever seen!

• De
    Deborah Garrison Oct 28, 2017

I had the same thing happen to me. The sad thing is I have friends who are disabled like myself and unable to get to the local walmart due to being wheelchair bound. We were all so relieved at being able to shop somewhere we could actually afford on our fixed incomes. Anyone who thinks Walmart has a right to charge whatever they want should have to live like the ones of us who have to count our pennies just to get by every month. For the person who said no one held a gun to your head...I hope you find out what it's like to live like the rest of us. Then you won't be so quick to open your mouth and spout garbage that is insulting someone with a valid concern.

• Ju
    justhinkin Nov 22, 2017

Yes the same thing happened to me.

One item was priced 250% higher one month later (but if I used a DIFFERENT computer they didn't recognize, the online prices matched those in store). ALL my items that I had ordered listed repeat-order prices that were 15% to 250% higher!

This IS price gouging because they are charging different prices to different people, discriminating AGAINST THEIR REPEAT (read "loyal") CUSTOMERS. Not only that but if you order online, now, and pickup in store you will be paying those higher prices too.

This brought them a stock jump recently.

Watch your prices! Try clearing all Walmart "cookies" if you know how, and COMPLAIN.

• Ju
    justhinkin Nov 22, 2017

What REALLY doesn't make sense about it is that it cost them LESS to sell online, mail order, which is WHY we are losing so VERY MANY brick-and-mortar stores now (which were overbuilt even before the Internet wave).

Nobuyeranymore Mar 07, 2018

My local supermarket and Target now have great pricing. Walmart now expects you to buy 2 of things instead of 1, not only have they raised prices on everything, they have the price gouging on line. I got on chat asked the person why they are punishing shut ins and he said I could go to the store. I asked him what part of no transportation did he not understand. Its so bad that when I wanted closet lights for my cupboards, they were $17 and I got them at Target for $9.95. I hope those gold diggers called Walmart go out of business. Why would they thing I would be so stupid to buy anything from them anymore. I even wrote to corporate office and of course, got no reply.

• Gi
    Gina Love May 14, 2018

Walmart is selling an ACME chair Cost $849, Wayfair has the same chair for 50%, coming in a little over $300 less, am I missing something, why is Walmart taking advantage of the consumers Overstock or Wayfair.com same chair, same make.

• Ed
    Eduard Jane Jun 29, 2018

Walmart here on North park dr. just repriced the white bolillos from 5 for a dollar to 6 prebaged for $1.90 leaving the rye bolillos 5 for a dollar and they are not fully baked like other Walmarts leaving such has parcially baked, this is the worst Neighborhood Walmart ever seen replacing brand name products with cheaper brand that probibly do not sell at Super Walmart, I understand this neighborhood will buy whatever that's the sad part too.

• Ti
    TinaTedder Aug 17, 2019

Same here. All my normal items were priced outrageously! Like INSANE prices. I couldn't believe my eyes. Walmart lost a customer because they are allowing it to happen this way. Greedy corporate America!! It never ends, even the ones you trust are rolling over. Sad.

MaXZaMuS Sep 08, 2020

It's hurricane season. I put this generator cord in my cart. The next day, it shows out of stock..but when you click on it you can purchase for twice the price. wtf walmart!

MaXZaMuS Sep 08, 2020