• Po
    pobarjenkins Nov 10, 2010

Mistakes happen everywhere. Stores have thousands of items and odds are that a few of them might be priced incorrectly. Have the manager sign off on your receipt and come back in when you have more free time.

• 58
    583586 Nov 09, 2010

ok so what did she do?

• Wh
    whattajoke Nov 07, 2010

Customer Service is a joke! We were charged about a hundred dollars for a hotel in South Carolina we never stayed at, and were told the hotel had a copy of our card and signature! Again, we never stayed there, so how was that? Customer Service did not require proof of this from the hotel, and told us to contact the hotel ourselves. Knowing this was fraudelent and they would not be able to provide their supposed proof that we stayed, we did just that. We got the run around from the hotel and again walmart moneycard and just exhausted ourselves, chalking it up to lesson learned. Beware of this card, they do not protect you whatsoever, furthermore, no one cares in customer service if you are getting ripped off or not!

chrissie - south dakota Nov 01, 2010

after reading what happened to others, maybe it is a blessing in disguse that i have to yet receive my money card - almost 4 months after i activated me temp card. i used all the money on the temp card and could not load it because it is a temp card - i had to buy another temp card and just activated that one. the computer keep on telling me that i do not live at the residential address where i have been residing for years and in order to get it activated i had to use my father-in-law's address right next door to us. the computer accepted that one - same street, same area, same city - my nephew, who lives with us, had his regular card issued out of the same address that the computer now refuses to issue my regular from. why? i have decided that if i do not get any regular card, i will not persue it with wal-mart but just accept it as not meant to be in order to avoid the hassles others had to endure

• La
    LacquerMaster Oct 07, 2010

I also highly agree Walmart discloses your personal information to third parties even after you opt out of their marketing campaigns. Shortly after getting my card in the mail, Account Now sent me one of their prepaid debit cards with my name on it ready to activate, and without me even signing up or ordering it. This opens up tons of liability factors in fraud to occur. ALSO, Walmart fails to disclose monthly charges fotr having a 2nd card on your account. They say get it now for $3.00, but do not tell you there are monthly fees associated with having the 2nd card.

DO WHAT I DID AND HIRE AN ATTORNEY TO INVESTIGATE THIS FRAUDELENT BUSINESS PRACTICES THEY USE IN COMMITING ACT OF FRAUD.

They will sell your personal information from DOB to SSN even after you tell them not too through opting out of their "sharing" program.

To double-check their fraudulent nature, I opened up a 2nd account with them, and printed out each page their website handed me to prove they failed to disclose certain information to consumers which would state their true business practice.

Though Walmart is the carrier of the card, BEWARE that GE Money Bank actually runs the show behind the scenes. What you don't see is what you get.
    In this case, hidden fees that aren't disclosed to the public under any circumstances up to the point of purchase. They say get your 2nd card for only $3.00, I AM getting my 2nd cards for ONLY $3.00 through suing them on a FEDERAL LEVEL with the Department of Criminal Justice of which "Everyone is entitled to file their own claim regarding fraudulent activity INDIVIDUALLY".

• Sh
    s.howard Oct 02, 2010

i just bought a card and spent 6 bucks on it for a reloadable student card where i would have one and i could give one to someone else. Well i activated it and it said it couldn't varify me. I put in all the correct information and so i waited till 8 this morning to call and find out what happend since the help line is open at 8 and they told me i would have to go and buy and load a new card since it wasn't varified. I DONOT get my cards and i cannot use the one i have as a reloader...it is a one time use card that i payed 6 dollars for to spend 25 bucks. this is outragous! why the heck would anyone spend 31 bucks to only be able to spend 25

• Si
    SimplyCharmed Sep 30, 2010

Ive had the walmart card for over a year. Ive never had a problem im sure now that i say this something will happen. Its true about the direct deposit, it doesnt hit at 12:00am. It hits around 4:30am(ive checked every hour on the hr).which is definitely inconvenient. I only get charged 3.00 a month fee. im sorry that ya'll have to pay almost 5. and just to clear up why its 8.95 at checkout, is because theres an activation fee for purchasing it as well. I love having this card. but for the rest of you i would suggest getting the green dot visa. its very nice.

• Bo
    bobby google Sep 26, 2010

Try to change your address. I can find no way to do this

• Yo
    YourTruly Sep 17, 2010

These people suck! Cant access my money thats been deposited on friday because ny card was repoted stolen!

• Cl
    cleeb8821 Sep 17, 2010

I do not understand how all of you have had such a problem with this card! I have had my money card now since Jan, almost one year. I have not had one problem yet! I can withdrawl money at any atm for a $2 fee but that is normal with all cards. If you go to an atm not with your bank, they require a $2 or $3 fee for using their atm. Quit complaining about that unless your going to complain about fees in general. I have set up direct deposit with two different jobs and have not had a problem finding any information my employer needed to set it up properly. My money is always is my account right when it is supposed to be. A monthy maintainence fee of $3, which is all they charge me, is not bad at all considering I use my card all of the time. I have bought plenty of things online and have never had an issue using my card in stores. Whenever I am at a low balance of $5 or less and I try to use my card for more than I have, it always gets declined so I never have an overdrawn account. I have never had any problems so I have never needed to call them so I cannot comment on that. I just don't understand how all of you bought this card and say that you hate it. If you use it properly like you are supposed to and understand all of the stipulations with it before you bought it then we would not even be having this conversation. I do not believe it is a rip off at all. I think it is very useful and convienent for me. I am sorry all of you have had such a bad experience with it.

• He
    HeyHeyHey1980 Sep 16, 2010

Never go to any walmart expecting any type of service from their employees. I have worked retail and understand how much work a manager will unload on you. But this still doesnt make up for the fact that a lot of these people working for walmart shouldnt be working in retail in the first place. I know they pay their employees crap but I made less than their employees working in clothes retail but still treated customers with respect. I have run into some nice employees there before but its about a 50/50 chance. I even had an assitant manager roll his eyes at me when I asked where something was in the store. I still shop at Walmart only if I already know the layout of the store and have no questions that need answered. I have learned to expect that the employees there are just there to stock their departments, check you out, and nothing else.

• Ve
    Very Pissed off wlamart Sep 06, 2010

I have had a walmart money card for over 7yrs and really been quite happy with it UNTILL i had checked my account at 7am and i am a freak about checking my accounts constantly throughout the day untill aug22, 2010 was fine at 7am that day and i got busy with work doing payroll andi left my office at 1:00 pm
    i went to use my card and they told me my account was negative i raced home to go online and i saw about 18
    transactions and mostly from Michagain HELLO I LIVE IN ARIZONA i even have video of myself in my office at that time. I called the state and store where the transactions were done they pulled video and saw them someone using my card the security there asked me some questions about color of my card and wasnt the same as mine i was devasted i could barely talk to them i called the other vendors where transactions were made and they too had video for me i filed police report in my state and they forwarded the info there to the police
    so i followed rules BY THE CARD sent in all my info they requested for the dispute TEAM really Well i havent gotten my money back as of yet they have till tomorrow i havent called again they have till tomorrow
    and if its not there i am calling our local TV crew they blasts problems for consumers on tv i will not rest untill i have ALL my money returned to me !!! Yes i would never advise anyone to use walmart money card again.

• Pi
    PissedOffHitler Sep 01, 2010

So I took my car to Walmart to get my oil changed, I bought the oil filter and the oil and I usually do the oil change but felt lazy and didnt want to get dirty that day. When I got there I gave them my keys and waited, 2 hrs passes and nothing happend so i went in there and asked wtf? their manager told me he didnt know how to pull my car inside so they can chage the oil because he couldnt find my reverse gear. Im amazed how walmart put a complete dumb ### in charge of the automotive department when he does not even know how to put my car into reverse. I drive a 2007 mitsubishi 6 speed and my reverse is on the left next to 1st gear as ingraved on the shift knob. I cant believe I was gonna let that dumb ### change my oil, I wouldnt trust that guy with my bicycle.

anonomous0908 Aug 30, 2010

Unfortunately this card is exactly like a credit card. You do have to register it with the company and go through a series of questions. After that you will be able to use it fine, I had an issue with it myself but after speaking to the person on the phone they were able to send me out a check for the amount that I paid for the card including the three dollar fee. I would encourage you to go to one of the stores you feel more comfortable at and ask the service desk associate to help you with that situation. I am sure they would be happy to help you and give you the proper information.

• Ta
    tami foshee Aug 10, 2010

i attiavated the temporary card and thru the sales reciept away and now the new card has arrived and i cant atiavate without sales reciept whast im i to do?

• Ph
    phillpott Aug 08, 2010

i have had a walmart card for 1 year with direct deposit and had no problems. before i ha had bank of america, wachovia, and others in which i paid 1000s in late fees and overdrafts. i love not having the strees from a regular bank account.

• Ea
    Earl Giger Aug 04, 2010

I can not activation my phone because your comptuer does not understand me when i talk real slowy and i con not get on by your web address www.walmartmoneycard.com to get my new card activation done at all !!!

• Ol
    OliviaDJohnson2010 Aug 02, 2010

THIS CARD IS AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!!! I received this card after graduation as a present. I called to activate my card (I am 18 years old) They told me to get the personalized card i would have to send them my SSN, BIRTHCERTIFICATE AND UTILITY BILL. Well I dont own anything, so i sent them my college bill. I sent them all my information and guese what? I waited for a month or so, and finally called them. Guess what they said? They said THEY COULD NOT VERTIFY MY INFORMATION!!! Like are you kidding ? So When I called them they told me they cant do anything about it?! I just have to spend the rest of the money on the card and BUY A NEW ONE AND TRY TO GET VERTIFED AGAIN? THIS IS A JOKE !!! THESE PPL TOOK MY INFORMATION, AND WERE NOT EVEN GOING TO INFORM ME THAT I WASNT GETTING THE CARD? ARE YOU KIDDING!!! ON TOP OF IT ALL, THEY CANT EVEN TELL ME WHAT THEY HAVE DONE WITH ALL MY INFORMATION. DO NO EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING THIS CARD UNLESS YOU WANT TO TELL EVERYONE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND GET NOTHING IN RETURN. ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE !

IF ANYONE HAS HAD A SIMILAR STORY PPL EMAIL ME ABOUT IT, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE. [email protected]

troy e ball Aug 02, 2010

staring now im going to boycott walmart comanys. i will to [censor]ing K-mart for my thing now

troy e ball Aug 02, 2010

they cant get my address right even know i have given it to them three times. i'm so mad right now i went to the store and they said that they couldn't do any thing for me. that i had to call them but every time i call them i get answering sevice. they won't let me talk to a real person to even try to fix it.

troy e ball Aug 02, 2010

they have put the wrong address on my card three times now. they said they will send me my money back but they cant get the right [censor]ing address

• Ta
    Taken in Anderson Jul 31, 2010

Tires are new, but we are putting air in them every 3 days. Not kidding.

• Chrissy623 Jul 31, 2010

That was so sad, i can only imagine what that poor lady was thinking.

• Ke
    KevinPQC Jul 26, 2010

Is this an "I hate capitalism and George Bush" forum or a valid venue for airing complaints? Anyhoo... for those of you with legitimate questions here are two good links:

An article from MSN Money: http://tinyurl.com/3xng45v

The actual Cardholder Agreement from GE Bank (y'all really should read these agreements): http://tinyurl.com/yqhpdx

Hope this helps!

• Rh
    RH (from Michigan) Jul 25, 2010

well... this is RH from michigan again and guess what.. today is day #5 and I STILL don't have my money on my card... I hope the CSR's and ""Supervisors"" are ready cause I'm calling first thing in the morning and I'm going to piss off alot of people..

I'm not really caring for their actions anymore so it's either I get my money or I will contact a lawyer or I will take them to small claims court...

this is [censor] in my opinion... I can understand if I did something wrong but no.. My card number was used illegally through no fault of my own... I still have the damn card...

so watch out Walmart CSR's ... you'll be hearing from me tomm. morning.

RH from michigan

• Rh
    RH (from Michigan) Jul 24, 2010

here's my complaint.. I was texted with the balance of my Walmart green dot card in mid may..( I had nearly 180 bucks on there).. but when I looked at the text it said I had 40 bucks left.. this was at 9am. I got up and logged onto the Walmart money card site and it showed 2 hours earlier that my card was used to buy internet service in italy... I live in Michigan and the card was still in my greedy little hands. The transaction said it was pending so I called customer service and told them that I don't authorize the charge... The CSR told me that he was stopping the charge and the money will be returned to my account within 10-14 days...

ok I thought this was resolved... OH NO not by a long shot... 16 days later still no money... so I called back and found out the guy who I talked to LIED TO ME... they can't stop any transaction while its being process no matter if ytou dispute it or not... you have to send in a letter disputing the claim.. then it takes them 10 days to work it out... ok 12 days later i get a call from a CSR telling me they have resolved my dispute and to call back and the money would be posted to my account...

NOPE... never happened.. so LIE #2... so I call back 14 days later and the lady said Oh I talked to the dept. that will put the money back on your card.. you've waited long enough and it will take 2 hours to get the money back...

NOPE ... LIE #3

so I called back the next day (4 days ago from the date of this letter) and they tell me... oh she was misinformed.. it will take 3-5 days to get my money back... well I get back the nearly 3 dollar Foreign transaction fee.. but my other $130 has NOT beenput back on my card...

I'm sick of being run around, and I'm sick of being lied to... ALL CSR's dealing with the walmart money card need complete retraining... If I don't get my money back on day 5.. I will be contacting a lawyer on day 6.. been over 2 months and they can't seen to get their act together..

DO NOT EVER USE WALMART MONEY CARD and NEVER EXPECT ANYTHING FROM THEIR CSR's

RH from Michigan

• Tl
    T Levy Jul 22, 2010

I received this WalMartMoney Card as a gift for being team mom for my son's basketball team and was not given any info about having to have the receipt to activate it until I opened up the packaging. How am I ever supposed to take advantage of what is duly mine if I cant ever access it. This is a scam!! No wonder you are NEVER able to reach a LIVE person. WalMart should be ASHAMED!!

• Fr
    friwaydog Jul 13, 2010

how can someone use my card 30 times from overseas and no one gives me a call they just pay the electronic generated charge and then charge me an overseas charge.

• De
    Dennis Welling Jul 10, 2010

It happen to me twice at the walmart in winston salem;
    I`m not subject to say which one, But I have a feeling they all have a hand in it some how

• Kr
    krispix318 Jul 07, 2010

It's a scam. When have you ever heard before of having to pay for something that's supposed to be free? Next time, maybe exercise some skepticism when you receive a text letting you know you won something if you didn't enter a contest. Once the company has your card number, they can do whatever they want with it. Before releasing such sensitive information, do some research - like coming to a site like this.

Joseph Allen Jul 07, 2010

In June of this year I received a text to contact [protected] to claim a Walmart 1000 dollar gift card to activate and send me the card they needed to charge to a my Visa a 1 time charge of 19$ to cover shipping and activation when I got my statement they sent the same charge 8 times of which 7 times I got a insuffecent funds charge of 33 dollars. makeing my social security check considerably shorter then average you need to do something a.s.a.p to either stop these people from useing the Walmart name of find a better way of advertising

• Ki
    KixStar Jul 06, 2010

Why not just have it shipped to your house? Then you can sit on your comfy couch and wait for it.

• St
    steelwheel62 Jul 06, 2010

i bought a printer on line for pick up at this store i waited over 25 min to be waited on not becuase some one was in line i was the only one there at the time i pushed button for assistance and no one showed up for 25 min even 2 cleaning ladies went looking for some one without finding anyone i will not ever buy online again and will travel the extra 15 min to another store plus after someone did show up they were no help either the dept supervisor i am very sorry for waking him up

• He
    Hersocg Jul 02, 2010

On 1/19/09 i refilled my prescription at walmart pharmacy in port orange fl. for 40mgs two times a day and was given lisinopril 40mgs by mistake i already take amludpine 10mgs and enalaprine 20 mgs two times a day all totaled 130 mgs for high blood pressure my dr. was contacted and i had to go for blood work which proved no damage was done to my kidneys but a mistake like this could have been bad seeing i had taken this fpr 30 days at no time did i hear i am sorry i am not looking for money but a i am sorry for the mistake by letter would have been nice all i got was a new prescription $25.00 and a you know you got this prescriptionfor free i do all my shopping at walmart and have never had a problem till now.

angry with wm money card Jul 01, 2010

So you get a pre paid money card from wl-mart thinking everything is ok, and it is for the first two months that you have the card. The you lose the card. Try to get it back. Yeah, that is one hell of a funny story.
    I called to report my card lost and they tell me that the new card will be mailed out and I shall receive my new card in about 7 to 10 bussiness days. Fourteen days later i still do not have my card. So, I call to see where it is. She tells me it will be in the mail on Monday. Today is Thursday and no card. I call AGAIN, they can send me out another card in 7 to 10 bussiness days. "NO i need that money today. Can you possibly Western union the money to me?" They hang up on me.
    Walmart money card. WHAT A JOKE!!!

• Do
    Doctor U.B. Well Jun 28, 2010

When she saw that you had a $1, 000.00 paycheck for 2 weeks work she undoubtly became enraged with jealousy and anger because she gets treated like [censor] everyday and probably only gets a check for $75.00 a week.

anonymous27 Jun 26, 2010

Correction: Such a sweet looking red princess, but of course, since she holds the keys to the universe, why not blow it all up?

• Co
    Comstudee Jun 24, 2010

I have called the Walmart store in Lonoke before driving there to make sure an item was in stock. Four different times they said it was I drive 20 miles only to find out they didn't have this item!!! Also called about cashing my husbands payroll check, told them my name not on it, they said to bring his license no problem drove over there and no we can't do that!! OK TRAIN YOUR PEOPLE. Sam's told me they had my pool in stock drove 50 miles to get it and OOOPs it was the floor model they counted and didn't have any left!!! I know I am one person but I am sure their are others that are fed up. The Walmart Store is located in Lonoke, Arkansas and the Sam's is located in North Little Rock, Arkansas. I have wasted time and money dealing with these stores and I will not do it again.

• Ws
    wsdrbj6400 Jun 21, 2010

Be smart...keep you damn money home in a box. The hell with these greedy, thug companies. I don't buy any thing any more. I am one that wlil not support the theft in tis county.

• Sh
    shepmom Jun 19, 2010

All the Walmarts in my area are being reduced down to one row of bolts or none at all. A decade or so ago there were numerous places to buy fabric. The only places now in the area that sell fabric Jo Ann's and Hobby Lobby. Both are so costly that it's cheaper to buy ready made. I'm beginning to think that the sewing machine is going to become obsolete.