Verizon Wirelessverizon wireless cheats thier consumers by disabling features provided by the phone's manufacterer

W

Verizon Wireless cheats thier consumers by disabling features provided by the phone's manufacterer so they can collect more profit by forcing them to subscribe to their V Cast. I basically choose a phone for the bluetooth Object Exchange so I can exchange files from another phone or PC but that is disabled by Verizon. Other companies like Cingular, T Mobile have the same model without having any features like this disabled. They spoke to me like I don't know anything. I repeatedly demanded them to re-enable the feature as I know for sure it can be re-enabled; but everytime, a lie comes out of them saying thier V Cast is a better alternative. Cheating off the consumer does not attract a good reputation for a company, but Trustworthy surely does attract a good reputation.

Thanks ComplaintsBoard.com for giving me the opportunity to speak.

anthony diaco Nov 30, 2006

I have been a loyal customer of verizon wireless for 6 years, and the past month i have been having a problem regarding my account I recently purchased a motorola razor in which i was having problems with i was having multiple dropped calls , I had purchased the phone in September if look at my account You will see the phone was returned because there was a defect in it, and i received another one the following month in October i received a extremely unpleasing bill of $550.00 which in previous months my bill has never been so high, I called and spoke to one of you verizon wireless customer service reps about this situation who is still yet to call me back from a month ago, Then however i did partially pay part of the bill of the amount of $ 200.00 so my service would not be shut off , I did call and speak to a supervisor who was very rude and her manner was not of appropriate and professional behavior , She hung up on me , I have been told i had 280 - 1 minute phone calls which is totally outrageous which i was given a credit of only $ 26.00.

I know this is wrong because of the phone being defected. My balance as of now is $355.00 which i will not pay until i get the proper crediting i deserve.

• Bi
    bill Nov 12, 2008

maybe if you idiot customers didnt think you deserved the world

• Mi
    mike Apr 14, 2009

If you wanted those features and knew VZW didnt have them, then why did you get a phone with VZW? Duh!

• Vi
    Vitico Jul 12, 2009

I was a Verizon customer and I swithched to Boost mobile

• Vi
    Vitico Jul 12, 2009

Verizon has an abussive tax charges

• Mi
    mike Jul 26, 2009

Uhm Vitico...all cell phone companies are required to charge you taxes. Duh, this is America! I believe you are talking about the surcharges, which, yes they are charged by Verizon Wireless, but every cell phone company charges them too.

• Ve
    verizon1959tech Feb 15, 2010

I work for Verizon and we knowingly dumb down our phones to limit bandwidth use and the minimize calls to tech support about phone-specific features. The goal of marketing is to get customers to sign contracts. Once the contract is signed, our job is to maximize our profits.

• Gr
    gr1mr34l1ty Feb 26, 2011

@ bill its not about us wanting the world more like what we are paying for. For a company to disable features on a phone without stating so on the phone details is a very maniplutive business practice. Espiacally when some of these features are the selling point for the phone. I fully understand a companies need to regulated banswidth, I mean its expensive. But to misrepresent the product is wrong.

• Vh
    Vhater Nov 04, 2012

There's lots more underhandedness than that so far spoke of. Verizon is one of the most ruthless, Customer non-oriented companies around. Employees within their stores seem to have been hired straight out of jail. Verizon, the company, has specific charges for services and parts but, when it comes down to it, it's the pr**ks at the stores that actually can set prices to customer and it's almost always on the gouging side. Best thing to do with a company store of Verizon's is to blow it up while all the riff raff employess are in it.