UPSthe truth about ups

U

I have seen a lot of complaints about UPS and I have no doubt in my mind that they are correct. I work for UPS. They are the most self-centered, dishonest and discriminatory company as far as I know. As with lot of companies, the phrase “who you know is who you blow” applies here too. Having the unpleasant experience of being in the “pool” for part-time management promotion, it seems that all the candidates that are hired are young, inexperienced and should we say... less intelligent. And these people are managing the real people who are handling your packages and making the money for the upper management who decides where it is wasted... upper management of course!!!

It is funny to see when they are pinching minutes from the occupational (i.e. hourly employees) in order to save money and shoveling it to the management. But hey, that’s free enterprise procedure.

After having the experience of several years at UPS, they have literally liquidated my loyalty. I use to be loyal to UPS and do my job to the best, but today work is still done to the best, but the loyalty is gone. And this is due to the discriminatory and dishonest way of dealing with people. I got screwed in the process and I’m sure there are more to count. If I may say something that UPS did right, was the color they chose. It is brown, and it reflects the color of ###. BIG ###.

The troubles at UPS are endless. Employee turnover is horrible and since they are treating the people as they are, word gets around and eventually you run out of employees. But that is something that they are not concerned. Also, UPS wants to be the “safety organization of the world” but anything that is unsafe is usually ignored and even if acknowledged, it takes forever to fix it. So when you say UPS, might as well say “ooops...” .

So for all the people out there, you are NOT stuck with UPS. Use FedEx, USPS (United States Postal Services) or DHL. I was actually shocked to find out that FedEx “ground” is CHEAPER than UPS after they bought out a low cost package carrier. FedEx is more reliable in my mind and I cannot remember having complaint about them. Postal services have more alternatives than ever before and you can always check DHL references on-line. I am personally applying a job at DHL just for the challenge. I know that I can contribute to them or any other company more than I can to UPS. Knowledge increases the pain they say, and now I know what they meant by that. So please be noted that I do not like UPS just for the reason that I do know the truth.

Peace, Upser.

• Ne
    Neil Bond Apr 19, 2019

I’m a 66 year old man who has been legally disabled since 1990.

I’ve discovered UPS (United Parcel Service) is willing to collect money (shipping charges) yet haphazardly abandons responsibility when delivering packages to residential properties on a gravel road at speeds in excess of two times the posted limit. As a result, the road must be repaired often and ultimately repaved.

I asked the UPS driver(s) on multiple occasions to slow down on camera. I explained the children, horses and dogs residing on the properties. I explained the wild rabbits, javelina and deer that frequent the road, yet the UPS driver(s) ignored my requests. I telephoned the UPS local office and call center registering a complaint numerous times… to no avail.

Since a UPS driver has already struck and killed a deer, I am calling for all businesses and residents to take notice on behalf of the children, horses, dogs, rabbits, javelina and deer. The UPS corporate office has exuded prejudice and discrimination; continuing to condone the UPS driver(s) immoral actions and lies. A class action lawsuit is in order to establish resolution of abuse.

• Dj
    DJ DJ Jan 06, 2019

I too am a Victim of UPS changed delivery options. They used to leave a Slip to let you know they were there and after a 2nd attempt they would take it back to their distribution center. Now they just leave it at the Door and claim the Seller requested them to leave it there. Now I have had many packages stolen by them leaving it at the door even though I have specifically requested them NOT to do so as I live in an area thats not very safe. I try my best today to leave a message to ANY online Seller to use ONLY USPS as they will delivery my package securely in my mailbox or leave a slip for me to come and pick up! Do NOT use UPS unless you are home. They (UPS) are derelict in their delivery duties and try passing the buck off to the Seller. SHAME on UPS!!!

• Tm
    TM84 Mar 24, 2018

Ups really does suck.

I had a package with a tracking number, due to be delivered march 15th, 2018. never got it! so, I called the ups store in brooksville, fl, where my package was being held, on the 16th. it was supposedly not delivered "due to an event in my area". hmmm, really? what event? there is nothing happening in my area! that's weird a fed-ex truck delivered a package to my house on the 12th. well, come to find out they had a part-time driver, who I was told was "probably worried about driving on a dirt road because he feared getting stuck", so he just didn't even try to deliver it. now yes I live on a dirt road, but its not a bad dirt road and cars drive on it daily, and I have never had an issue with a ups, fed-ex, or anyone else driving on it before. it's literally two blocks of dirt road.

Anyways, he returned my package to the ups customer center in brooksville, fl. so, when I called on the 16th I was told they would file the request and have the package sent out to me the next business day, which was mon. the 19th. guess what... monday the 19th comes, tuesday 20th comes, and no package!! I call back and asked, "can you tell me when my package will be delivered?". they preceded to tell me the request was never made and that my package was still sitting there. "okay, well the make the damn request and have it sent to me please!!" they then tell me, that it will be sent out the next day, wednesday the 21st, and I would get it then. well, they lied... wednesday comes, no package. call back on wednesday, and I was told "sorry mam, the request was made, but it was never sent, it's still sitting here." wow, just wow! i'm fuming by this point. how difficult is it to pick up a package, a small one no more that 5-10 lbs, and put the damn thing on a delivery truck. i'm mean i'm no genius, but it doesn't sound like rocket science. so, I called back and asked, "where the hell is my damn package". of course, I just got another, "i'm sorry mam, it's still here. let me put in for a request to have it delivered." at this point in time, if I could've reached through the damn phone I would've smacked the [censor] out of this woman. I said, "no, I do not want another damn request. I want to talk to the damn supervisor!"

The supervisor seemed sympathetic and immediately put me on hold to call and talk to the brooksville, fl customer service office to find out where my package was and why it was not being sent. I thought, "finally, I will get my package!!" he came back on the line and told me that they still had not put the package out for re-delivery, and assured me that he had made the inquiry and it would be delivered on thurs the 23rd. I thanked him and hung up with confidence that my package would be on it way, at last! one hour later, I received a phone call from the lady at brooksville, fl ups customer center (the same [censor] i've been dealing with) and she told me she received a call from a supervisor and that she "would personally walk your package to the guy in charge of loading the delivery trucks and I will not leave until I see him load your package on a truck for delivery" immediately. I gave her the benefit of doubt and thanked her, and thought, "about damn time!"

Bahahaha!!! ya, that was false hope! thurs the 23rd package never came... big surprise! although, another package I ordered last week came. amazingly, it was brought right to my door, by non other than ups!! guess this guy had the balls to drive on a little dirt! so, I called the [censor] in brooksville again, "where is my damn package?" thought I was pissed before? here it is 8 days after my first initial delivery date, and I still have no package. well, this time they proceed to tell me that my package is "currently in atlanta, georgia"... ummm, no its not! wtf!!! "why is my package, that is supposed to be on my door step right now, in [censor]ing atlanta, georgia???"

Truthfully, are people this stupid? I live like 45 mins from brooksville, I should have just driven to brooksville and picked the damn thing up. since these [censor]es cannot do their jobs. why pay for shipping, if they cannot ship it to your [censor]ing door. I mean come on!! needless to say, I was told that it was an error and it was "out of their control". of course, I asked them since they [censor]ed up are they going to pay to re-ship my package back to me? the supervisor (one I had never spoken to before) told me that they "may pay for it", they would have to look into the case. so basically, these [censor]ing [censor] are going to claim that my area was "inaccessible for delivery" and probably more than likely not pay for the re-shipping of the packaged item I ordered on e-bay. it's not the sellers fault and it sure as hell isn't my fault, and neither one of us should have to pay for this. the fact that I received multiple packages from both ups and fed-ex all week long proves that my area is in fact accessible.

Ups sucks big time!!! i'm done shipping with them. stick with fed-ex, they're more reliable!

And to brooksville, fl ups customer center... you my friends are a bunch of [censor]ing [censor]es!!! thanks for absolutely nothing!!!

• Dm
    dmd81180 Feb 06, 2018

I have worked for ups for about 2 months now and have yet to see a damn paycheck. I have been given the run around nonstop. i’ve called corporate and they are no help. it’s killing my relationship because we are living paycheck to paycheck and he’s only one paying. he doesn’t believe i’m working even though I showed him my paperwork. he’s on his last nerve and is ready to break up with me. its not fair and i’m about to contact bbb about it. i’ve emailed tons of people on the ups board and haven’t heard a thing. ups is the worst company to work for. they are horrible.

• Ab
    abcrystcats Feb 03, 2018

I am livid. I was also told that delivery was attempted yesterday (friday). well, I was working from home all day friday and the window by my desk faces the street. my doorbell never rang and I never saw the brown truck. I did receive a doortag during the week that reported that my package was in the locker. I went to the locker today and the tracking number was not recognized. I got an excuse from the customer service person about why the package wasn't there. then he said it would be delivered monday. well, I will not be home monday so I asked for wednesday. then he told me that if I wanted a wednesday delivery I would charged a fee. wtf? they lie about the delivery attempt, they lie on their doortag about the package being in the locker, they cause me an unneeded trip to pick up a package that is not there, then they have the nerve to charge me a fee? ups is a terrible delivery service and this is not the only issue I have had with them. if amazon does not either make them improve their service or fire them, I am going to cancel my prime membership. shopping in a store is easier than this, by far.

• Wi
    William A. Kuneman Nov 16, 2017

I have found that ups customer service to be the most dishonest group of people that I have ever run across. it will be the last service that I will ever recommend or use in the future. I will not purchase anything that is shipped by ups and I recommend that any private person use another service.
    I am 75 years old, I am a veteran, I owned and operated a business for over 40 years and I can say honestly that ups is the most dishonest company that I have ever run across. they make appointments that they do not intend to keep. they inspect packages by phone in which case they can disallow the claim because they have no intention on paying any claim. received a package that had been hit by a forklift and the product was destroyed. they took the claim gave it a false number that could not be traced. then made a demand to inspect the package and then did not turn up for the inspection. did not return phone calls... etc... still have the package which is a item paid for and they wanted to pays the person who sent it.

chuck420 Jul 02, 2017

A guy 6 house away brought me my package that ups dropped off in his yard, actually threw it over his fence according to the guy that lives there, luckily he honest took time from his day to bring it to me ofcourse everything was broken inside the box, then ups sends me an email claiming it was dropped off on my porch, the driver most b a liar, lazy no good liar, if u screwed up like that where I work id be fired, ups was once a great company but now they suck, I quit buying online if the company ships ups, and I hv told them so if enough ppl complain the to stores that use ups maybe they will use someone good that acutally delivers to your house not 6 house away!!!

• Ryoshan Apr 28, 2017

Don't mean to be spamming here but I wanted to share the link to my claim against the company. I believe those who have been wronged meet the qualifications for a class action suit. after all, there are plenty of use who are not happy with how ups treats their customers/clients.
    Here is the link: http://www.peopleclaim.com/complaint-details/ups-united-parcel-service-headquarters-atlanta-ga-5977772

• Анастасия Викторовна Apr 20, 2017

I am never using UPS again. They lost my passport, returned it two months later in a damaged condition and refused to reimburse me for any expenses I incurred as a result ($500+). I almost missed an important trip because of them. FU UPS!

mazda8616 Apr 06, 2017

Something else just like our new President we should not put up with anything just like him

mazda8616 Apr 06, 2017

If we do not complain we are allowing those who can make changes to better their company, to help their employees do better jobs reduce customer complaints. Allowing this, will give others who are paying for services to be deceived.

• Ng
    Nguyễn Du Dec 07, 2016

-1st packed UPS delivery to other address
    - 2nd packed take 8 days delivery while paid for 3 days delivery. I don't want to lost 2nd packed. Then I change delivery to UPS access point. They took my packed around the county, from my city, to other city for 3 days then go back my city and delivery. I paid 3 days services. They take 8 days with out refund. This is 6th time i got problems from UPS, which never happen with Fedex or USPS. How could they do business like that?

• El
    Ellen Limburg Santistevan Nov 28, 2016

I sent a box of medical supplies to my father (from nm to ny) with (supposedly) guaranteed delivery in 2 days. shipped on thursday, to be delivered saturday. it didn't arrive for 5 days. when I complained and tried to find out where exactly the package was, one of the agents I spoke to told me that the reason it hadn't been delivered on saturday is that it hadn't been accepted for shipment until friday, therefore 2 business days from that day was tuesday. I said that it was printed quite clearly on the shipping label that it was to be delivered on saturday, and then the agent had the gall to tell me that the ups customer center that I went to (an actual ups place, not a "store") — that weighed my package, took my money, printed the label, and was clearly doing a lot of business that day — was "closed" and therefore the entire process I went through was fictional. could not have taken place even though I have a printed label saying it did.
    I am still trying to get my money back.
    I used to have a good local driver who paid attention to the fact that I have a fenced yard with dogs, and that it takes me a minute or two to get to the gate once he honked. for the last several years though, the driver never even bothers to honk, just sticks a note on the gate and disappears.
    I will never use ups again.

• Se
    Servon Aug 25, 2016

Their online "create a shipment" system is very tricky. Due to a change in the weight of a package I was shipping to CA, the system dropped my Saturday delivery request.

My customer was angry and I had to refund her money. But I'm still out $145 to UPS for a NON-SHIPMENT. Even though I requested an intercept the package went to Hollister, CA they did nothing.

I offered to upgrade and PAY the extra to get the package delivered on Saturday, but they said they couldn't do that.

They take the time to measure and weigh your package so they can charge you extra if your numbers are off, but they won't do anything to help you if the delivery instructions are wrong, even if its their fault.

Matthew Viets Aug 20, 2016

UPS lost my large 35 lb package and are now giving me the run around in attempts to avoid compensating me for my losses. I filled a proper claim but they voided it because they claim I never shipping it even though the tracking says it made it all the way to New Jersey before it got lost. Explain that one to me. Beware of ups and their corrupt business practices.

• Why The Long Faces Aug 02, 2016

So next time make sure your address is correct.

• Ya
    yahweh Aug 02, 2016

We issued a UPS call-tag for a new piece of medical equipment at a customers site in TX. UPS did pick-up the package. We received a call from our customer asking if we ever got it back and we said no. We then called UPS and filed a lost package claim. Somehow the package ended up in UT and was rerouted to our location in NY. When we received the unit back it was not in it's original custom box but in a smaller box with no packing. The new unit was now badly damaged and unrepairable. We went through the process and filed a damage claim. They wanted to just try resolving it over the phone by sending pictures but we insisted a rep come to our location. The rep acted very arogant but did admit that they did screw up. Long story short, they denied our claim! This was a $4, 000 piece of equipment and now we are out the costs and had to replace the unit for our customer. We also have a FedEx service and have had no troubles. We will be switching all of our services to FedEx. This company is terrible! The year they went public is when they started going down hill. They only seem to care about pleasing their shareholders and not their customers! That is a fact!

• Ex
    Excommo Aug 02, 2016

Due to wrong address they could not deliver package and sent a postcard to pick up at local shipping center. Card said open 9-5:30 M-F.
    Arrived at 1 and sign on door said closed 10-3 M-F due to cut back. Drove 1 hour round trip and 30 miles total. Complained to Corporate about use of erroneous post card information and the great inconvenience to me.
    They only forwarded complaint to the Petaluma facility for resolution. Phone call on my answering machine said: "The sign on the door is correct"...That was all.

It is true, as stated elsewhere by an employee, they are arrogant, indifferent and have no interest in proper customer care. Employees get into management from the entry ranks with no proper training?

I found the phone call stupid and insulting. I will avoid use of UPS from now on.

• Jk
    JKDE Aug 02, 2016

Did they deny your claim because it wasnt insured for $4000?

• Li
    Lincolnpark Aug 02, 2016

Vendors have been shipping things to me by UPS several times over the last few years and I have always been surprised by UPS's astonishing incompetence and lack of desire to give a good service. Just two weeks ago, the UPS driver buzzed, I responded, put on my boots, came out and he was gone. He couldn't wait the 30 seconds that it took me to put on my boots. Just yesterday, a package never arrived (is it lost?) and UPS claimed they had tried to contact me about it - I guess they used smoke signals, they certainly didn't try my phone or email address. In fact, most of the packages that are sent to me by UPS have to be picked up at the UPS center because the drivers somehow cannot find the way to my office. And just a couple of months ago the package came broken and as I refused to take it in all I got from the driver was a dirty look - how about an apology? With all the inefficiencies of the USPS, I much prefer to deal with them than UPS. It is a mystery to me that UPS is still the biggest delivery company in the US.

• Gr
    Gracehavenite Aug 02, 2016

I think all of America should boycott UPS until when and if they reform their despicable business practices. Today is just the latest in a long string of shoddy business practices by UPS. I have been waiting for a package that was supposed t be delivered 10 days ago, still not here. Called every day and assured with 100% certainty the package is en route and will be delivered today. Still no package. When my father died last year, I shipped some of his belongings to my home and insured each box for $500. When they arrived items were shattered in each box. I filed a claim with UPS and they denied covered because they said "I didn't package the box appropriately" although each item was individually wrapped in bubble wrap and filled the box with peanuts. This should be illegal.

• St
    stoddard Aug 02, 2016

We recently sent a package to our accountant containing important tax records through UPS . They unilaterally changed the address from a business to a vacant apartment. They were lax in their efforts to try to recover the package. Now they tell us they can only reimburse us for the COST OF THE INK to reproduce those documents. They will not even refund the cost to send the package!!

You may want to warn your audience NOT to use UPS for important documents. I was told that they regularly and often change the delivery addresses without contacting the sender or receiving party. Incidentally, both our phone numbers were on this package.

There may also be fraud involved here. When the receiver sees that documents are being sent to accounting firms, this is an opportunity for identity theft by purposely sending packages to vacant apartments/businesses where they can be intercepted.

• Ga
    gap234 Aug 02, 2016

I so agree, I paid 31.05 for a next day air package only to have it arrive at the same time a ground package I sent the day before, for 5.00 according to them it was raining and so it was delayed!!! you have to be kidding me!!! a hurricane maybe, but rain, so they screwed me out of 25.00 which is non-refundable due to weather...from now on I will be using FEDEX a little rain never slows them down and if it is late...they have no problem refunding your money!!!

• Valerie Aug 02, 2016

Attempted Deliver Case of Wine ... day after day they deliver at 12-1PM ... no one home ~ would not accept neighbors signing or people working on the property. Caused wine to sit in 100 degree temps on a truck for 2 days. Refused to deliver later in the day ... why not? Spent 3 hours on the phone with UPS.

Then they wanted me to drive over 30 miles to pick it up. They really do not care ... what is amazing they will deliver Amazon books from 4-7PM to our neighborhood, but wine can only come when no one is home.

• nikalseyn Aug 02, 2016

The disclaimer "due to adverse weather" is standard. That's why it is never wise to purchase these "guarantees" or the insurance they sell you, etc. You will usually be denied, at their whim when attempting to collect. Now you know. By the way, UPS is having some real problems of late and are attempting to blame it all on the "weather." The real problem is management from the top and union workers on the bottom who could care less about doing a good job. Combined, both of these are causing the problems at UPS. Best to ship anything with FedEx anyway. Much better and more reliable.

• Bo
    bob Miantti Aug 02, 2016

Shipped a package UPS CT to GA, with it I bought a $5 three guarantee delivery. Package arrived two days late. UPS said not guaranteed for adverse weather. Why am I buying a guaranteed delivery for $5 if you will not take responsibility and guarantee it.
    UPS did not give refund and also did not even refund $5 for the cost of guarantee.
    UPS, sells a guarantee for $5 and has a 100% return on that service. Does not have to get there on time and do not have to refund anything.
    Lets not use UPS anymore.

• Vh
    Vhess Jul 13, 2016

6 boxes shipped to potential investors, each containing a prototype that took us weeks to build. I personally packed each as if it was nitroglycerin.
    Box 1 arrived with no external damage, although a well-protected part was broken in half. I did not file a claim on this one.
    Box 2 arrived with no external damage, although the packing material was missing, the product had been disassembled and its parts were scattered throughout the box.
    I filed a claim but their making me jump through hoops, asking for pictures, the invoice, a packing list, their tracking number, my account number and my shipper ID, all of which I’ve been mailing one at a time because each time they get what they asked for they ask for something more. I’m mailing these because after spending an hour trying to send it using the electronic link they emailed, I called only to find out it doesn’t work.
    Box 3 arrived looking like a used piñata, the bubble wrap I personally wrapped around and taped to the prototype was gone, the prototype disassembled and its parts were scattered through out the box.
    I filed a claim and UPS sent a driver out to inspect it. A couple days latter a UPS customer service rep. called, she said, “I’m sorry your box was damaged in shipment, unfortunately your claim has been denied because the box you used does not meet UPS standards.” The confirmation email stated the box was not strong enough to hold the 8-pound item.
    The other 3 arrived without damage.
    A few days latter they emailed 4 credit card adjustment notices, 3 dimensional weight adjustments ($22.16, $13.00 $16.22), and 1 address correction charge ($10.00).
    All 6 boxes were clearly marked 18x18x16, but UPS measured 19x18x17, 18x17x17 and 19x18x17. After several back and forth emails they issued credits on 2, they’re not retuning my emails regarding the other 2.
    Concerned that one of their employees was stealing my invention, I called customers service, after telling my story, the rep. said “Sorry your boxes were damaged in shipment, you can file a claim on line or if you like I can help you.” Sensing I was upset he transferred my call to a higher-up. After telling her my story she said, “Sorry your boxes were damaged in shipment, you can file a claim on line or if you like I can help you.”
    UPS gets away with this because they can, if one of my customers complains I fix it, when theirs complain they say “Sorry…can’t do anything for you, it’s ok if you fire us, our system is set up to make more money with less customers.
    If only there was law firm willing to after these crooks and make them pay back the millions they’re stealing from us with their fraudulent measurements and insurance fees for claims they deny at their discretion.
    Isn’t it a crying shame our only recourse is posting UPS Sucks stories, I’m posting mine hoping it will help me get over it and go on to more important matters, like finding a few potential investors to replace the ones UPS lost.

• Kj
    Kjh Jul 13, 2016

I am disabled so i've had to order all my xmas gifts online. I ordered a med gray and black cashmere sweater and a black cashmere scarf for my daughter and it never arrivd. I checked the routing with ups and they said they delievered it. we have searched all over and assked the neighbors- nothing. I am not sure if it is macys fault or that of ups. we live in a neighborhood where the houses are far apart and we have a private police force. it is not a place where stealing takes place.

• Jk
    JKDE Jul 13, 2016

You said you paid extra for expedited delivery. How did the person you paid ship it? The tracking number will tell how it was shipped.

UPS ground is not expedited. It is standard delivery. If you paid for expedited and got standard, your complaint is with the person who shipped it, not UPS.

According to UPS and based upon the type of service your shipper selected, the shipper has requested that you contact them directly regarding any delivery or service issues.

Matt Walsh Jul 13, 2016

Ordered something. Paid extra for expedited delivery. All day on Friday, the UPS.com tracking said "Package is out for delivery for delivery TODAY". 7pm rolls around, no package, same info on tracking page. I call. They say: "Yep, still coming, they deliver as late as 9 or even later." I say, "Can you check that they REALLY have the package on the truck". I wait on hold. Answer "Yep, he just has 2 more deliveries, then you". Great. 10 pm rolls around. No package. I check the website. It has rescinded the delivery date. Now it says "delivery Monday" (3 days away). I submit a complaint, and their web page after submission comes back with some error code and has trashed my big long explanation.

Next day I call again. They claim "It was scanned as if it was in the truck for delivery but wasn't". Right. I'm supposed to believe that? I say "Well, I need that package today. You promised it yesterday. How can I get it?" Answer "You can't". I say, "so you're saying there's no power on earth that will enable me to get my package? That you simply won't do the right thing like FedEx has for me before?" Answer: "(silence). Is there anything else I can help you with today?". Now it's late on Monday and I STILL haven't received my package.

When I finally got a response from my web complaint, it was basically, leave us alone, we don't know anything, blame the shipper:

"Thank you for contacting us. I have checked the status of your shipment in our tracking system. Unfortunately, our tracking system does not indicate the reason for the delay. Please kindly be aware that the shipment date, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays are not considered transit days.

Based upon the type of service your shipper selected, I am unable to investigate this situation any further. Instead, the shipper has requested that you contact them directly regarding any delivery or service issues.

I am sorry that I am unable to assist you with this matter, and I apologize for any frustration you have experienced with this shipment. Please contact your shipper for additional assistance.

Please contact us if you need any additional assistance."

• Sk
    skokiebri Jun 17, 2016

Sent valuables, they packed it and they broke. I insured for $4000.00. They refused my invoices and denied my claim after 3 months. They had pictures of the damaged boxes, then they took the boxes. THE KEY TO SUCCESS: http://www.pressroom.ups.com/About+UPS/UPS+Leadership/Leaders

go to this link and use every first initial [email protected] Email everyone of of the leadership team with your story. I had someone on the phone in 10 minutes. I only got 30% of the loss, but that was better than nothing.

EVERYONE EMAIL ALL OF THEM, OFTEN!!! They have to acknowledge their lack of customer service. I have used USPS since then with no incident!!

• Lu
    Luis ribeiro Jun 07, 2016

I sent out a parcel to Venezuela on the 07/07/2008 on an Express Saver.
    This parcel was for a friend’s birthday on the 16/07/2008.
    A week later a contacted UPS to find out where the parcel was, UPS said that they would have to contact the forwarder in Venezuela and they would came back to me.
    They never did, I called again and they told me that they needed 8 days to investigate the situation, 10 days later and I was still waiting for the response. I kept calling and every time I was told “I am sorry sir but I will have to contact the investigation team, I will call you strait back”.
    Again they never did.
    Yesterday 20th August 2008 the company that I work for got an invoice to pay £94.14 for the delivery to Venezuela, when I paid cash on collection of the parcel.
    the last thing that they did was to contact my friend in Venezuela to ask if the parcel was delivered.
    Final result his that the parcel is still not delivered and they roan the surprise because they contacted my friend.

Jackie Jun 07, 2016

Today, June 20, 2008, a UPS driver was driving in our neighborhood at dangerously high speeds. The usual driver is efficient and quickly runs her route, but today, I believe a different driver was on this route. Our neighborhood has many children, whom play in the streets. It was impossible to get any identification on the truck because the driver made it to the end of the street so quickly and turned the corner, we could not get any info. The truck was actually blowing black smoke. I am still contemplating contacting the local police department to file a complaint.

We live on Manden Lane in Pooler, Georgia, 31322. The driver left our street and turned left on Manden Road. This occurred at approximately 6:05 p.m.

• Andrew39abc Jun 03, 2016

I ordered this on April 2nd, 2013 From Hessen Antique website. I had much trouble bringing it across into Canada because Canada Customs where being jerks.

I got a call on Thursday, April 4th, 2013 from UPS saying, "Canada Customs wants to know who your broker is for this shipment? and do you have a broker? or do you need us?" I found this strange because I have purchased stuff from this dealer before and no problems, and UPS has no problem brokered for me (and it is not against the Canadian law to posses this only when it it used for a hate group) and I am a collector of movies and books and artifacts on the war. Well, I get fifty million questions asked what the nature of it is for personal or what? I told them I am a collector, well Canada Customs then wanted their duty right on the spot to pay for the duty and again this is funny, UPS usually sends the bill to me via the mail. Then some how my payment seems to not go through and my card that is on files was somehow copied down wrong I gave UPS my info and all of a sudden there was this funny thing showing up on their tracking system that says I need power or attorney in order to get this into Canada. I had to fight for that as well. See below

UPS tracking on My WW2 stuff strange.

Winnipeg, MB, CA

04/05/2013 2:52 P.M.
    Arrival Scan

Fredericton, NB, CA
    04/05/2013 4:38 P.M.
    Power of attorney documentation is missing and is required for clearance

Fargo, ND, US
    04/05/2013 9:44 A.M.
    Departure Scan
    04/05/2

So I had to fight with this again UPS asking if it was for personal reasons, I said yes, I am a big world war 2 collector and why does one need power of attorney for world war 2 stuff? I was told that the documentation was needed to bring it into Canada. I fought won. Then UPS all of a sudden my payment was not god enough they had my payment number down wrong. Finally after a hassle and headache on Monday it got cleared. Was delivered today. Like as if I am going to walk down the streets of Olds, Alberta with a Putsch me and 90year old people. LOL what are they smoking? Here is the Canadian law for bringing in any stuff like this into Canada.

Canada has no legislation specifically restricting the ownership, display, purchase, import or export of Nazi flags. However sections 318-320 of the Criminal Code, [8] adopted by Canada's parliament in 1970 and based in large part on the 1965 Cohen Committee recommendations, [9] provide law enforcement agencies with broad scope to intervene if such flags are used to communicate hatred in a public place (particularly sections 319(1), 319(2), and 319(7).[9]

Andrew Kelly

• Ka
    Karlasyl Jun 03, 2016

I've ordered an item from Amazon. UPS is the carrier. I tracked my package and it said that it was en route. The scheduled delivery was November 23, 2011. I waited for my package. At 6:20 pm of that date, I tracked my package in Amazon and it said failure to deliver secondary to external factors. I tracked in the UPS site and it said that they missed my package in the facility. How could they do that? I expected that they would deliver the next business day but they did not. It was their fault that my package was missed and they did not even attempt to deliver the next business day. I dont live far from their facility. I waited for nothing.

• Oc
    Ocatgon Jun 03, 2016

Trying to receive a package through UPS is an odyssey. Drivers make no effort to deliver packages to apartment buildings unless the intended recipient is standing on the doorstep waiting.

Customer service over the phone is even worse. Any problems with delivery they automatically blame the sender or the person who placed the order. Every time I've had problems with delivery i was told to contact the shipper to rectify the sender who cannot change anything because UPS will not allow changes to the delivery.

Furthermore, customer service representatives make no effort to actually help solve the problem. The only solution they seem to be able to offer is to pick the package up at the nearest center. For most, that is more than a simple drive down the street. Also it rather defeats the purpose of at-home delivery.

• Si
    Sidonie Jun 03, 2016

Well, we have the same terrible experience with UPS. Recently, we ordered a TV form New York ; we checked on line and the delivery was scheduled for today the 21st of December. We waited the entire day, we called a first time around 5 PM and they ensured us that it was out for delivery. Nothing at 7 PM. We called back. Again, they confirmed the delivery. But 8 pm and nothing. We called back. Nothing at 9:30PM. We called back and there was no longer any customer service available. Basically, there is no any customer service with UPS. They don't know where their packages are, the routings are poorly done (why do they have to give a 12 hour window for a delivery?). Can't they just schedule an area for the morning and one for the evening ? This service is the worst. And they don't even try to help you. As soon as you call them, there is this "automated" response from the customer service representative : "We don't know; it is out for delivery". And there is no way to reach the driver. Incompetence at its highest peak. Poor, poor business. From now on, I will avoid at all costs UPS.

• Je
    Jennifer Gibson Jun 03, 2016

Ups tried to deliver a package one day that needed a signature, left me a message when they would try deliver again. I was home and waiting, when online they left a message saying they did not have my apt #. I have had this happen before and I believe they use it as an excuse. They could not confirm when it would get delivered. Really crappy customer service. No where on their website can you file a complaint. What do they think, if there is no where to submit a complaint they don't exist? I will never choose them again as a carrier.

Node Jun 03, 2016

The ups delivery (what a joke) person has a grudge. 4 times I have made formal complaints of not getting my package. Instead I get a note on the door. Even after filling out and signing, the next day a new note appears. The 3rd day, you get to go pick it up. This driver is union. and they don't care. THEY DO NOT DELIVER.

this is discrimination, this is harrassment. This is one company screaming for a class action suit. A neighbor has witnessed that same driver does not carry the package up, does not knock or ring bell, simply puts a new note on the door to replace the one he takes down and apparently throws away.

• Up
    UPS Driver Jun 03, 2016

UPS has cut their workforce to where they can no longer service thier customers. They quietly train their employees to cover up service failures by logging in the delivery as no such #, no such person, or their most common, delivery rescheduled at customers request. On days of difficult weather they cut every third route and have 1/3 of the work on each drivers trucks as emergency conditions. The customer is now secondary, profits are their first priority, even if thats at the customers expense.