Menu
Unlimited Vacation Club company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

258 complaints
177 resolved 81 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Unlimited Vacation Club customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Unlimited Vacation Club. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
3:05 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club - The Club Membership

I will say that I am not happy with UVC and my next question is how to sell it. Every since we bought it we have now been approached numerous times to sell. Currently I am dealing with a company named HOPATO and they are offering to buy us out. Can anyone tell me about your experience selling a UVC membership? Will UVC buy memberships back, seems like a good option to me?

Thanks You!

Desired outcome: Feedback

9:41 am EDT
Unlimited Vacation Club has left an official reply on this complaint.

Unlimited Vacation Club - Said you will can all my contract but will not refund deposit

We signed up on 7/27/21 at the beginning of our vacation. We haven't been one one in 12 years. We were live bait in hindsight. Long story short. We didn't get a copy of our contract when we left, it was only after we got back home in the states I was able to find a way to screen shot the document. We realized it wasn't for us. It was 1 week after signing. I immediately started the process of canceling. Certified letter and all the emails I could send too and phone calls. Now 2 weeks later I receive an email saying they will cancel but will not refund the 11k we put down ( half down). I will be recontacting profeco and my attorney and a list of. Other ppl as well. I kindly ask you to refund our credit cards or at the very least start a conversation with me while I'm the one you are dealing with.
Regards, Sheila b.

Desired outcome: Refund our credit cards immediately.

11:17 am EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club - Premiere Nights Promised

We signed on with UVC in April 2021. We were promised by the seller 14 premier ‘free' nights at their all inclusive resorts. When moving forward to book a trip using our premier nights we learned there were only 7 nights in our account. We contacted UVC with our question/concern. They quickly responded to us indicating the contract we signed showed only 7 nights. I explained we have the hand written note from the seller, Rick Carlsen, Dreams Resort, Cabo San Lucas, promising the 14 nights. We signed so many papers the day we joined, we didn't catch the detail the paperwork only indicated 7 nights. Had we caught that we would have raised the question on the spot. See attached. We were told that our concern was being escalated to a Supervisor and we would hear back in a couple days. That was over a week ago.
Our other complaint is that Rick Carlsen told us that he came with the deal. We could contact him at any time for assistance and/or questions. He's promised to schedule a Zoom or FaceTime call with us to go over the RCI process. He does not get back to us.

Desired outcome: Have the additional 7 premier nights added to our account that Rick Carlsen promised, and someone to walk us thru the RCI orocess

View 0 more photos
Update by Renee Mazariegos
Aug 14, 2021 5:38 pm EDT

Our ID is DL1-004102
Renee and Efrain Mazariegos

S
10:50 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Keep getting run around, tired of it. Rci partner has never heard of me. Noone will explain my membership to me.

12:47 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club - They canceled my premier nights without notice

When we purchased our plan, it included premier nights. We had 5 remaining this year and yet they canceled them without any notice to us, stating they had "expired". Apparently there was an expiration date for those nights (even though we fully paid for them). Due to the pandemic, we were not able to travel for the past 18 months, making it impossible to use our remaining nights. yet they canceled our remaining nights with no notice. I called Customer service and they said there is nothing they could do. We are requesting to have a 12 month extension on our premiere nights due to the circumstances of not being able to travel.

Desired outcome: I want my remaining nights returned to my account - I paid for them

Update by DPL2357
Aug 09, 2021 11:57 pm EDT

Thank you for your response. Please assist me in getting my request submitted. Member services is telling me that i need to provide a documented reason why i could not travel during the covid 19 global pandemic. Im confused how that is not a valid excuse to extend an extension to the premier nights i paid for.

Hide full review

Unlimited Vacation Club - Membership benefits are not true, this company is a scam

My husband and I signed up while on our honeymoon at Secrets Cap Cana which was a beautiful resort. They tried first to sell us on a 20+ year commitment costing 6 figures, but we weren't ready to make that kind of commitment after only staying at one resort.

We instead signed up for a 5-year package and still spent thousands, but we were assured we would get VIP service, free upgrades, use of the preferred club benefits etc. Well thankfully we didn't commit to 20 years because we basically paid thousands of dollars for 7 free nights which would have cost far less to just pay for ourselves. The next time we stayed at a resort, we did a family trip to Now Sapphire in Mexico. It was a terrible experience from check-in to check out.

Nothing was as promised, my family did not have connecting rooms as promised, we weren't even in the same buildings. When we complained, they did nothing. I did not get early check in, I did not get a room upgrade, I did not get preferred club benefits and the biggest excuse was I didn't choose a high enough plan. My AC was broken, and I complained 3 nights in a row, maintenance would literally come in and bang on a few things then leave, by the third complaint they brought me in some garbage rickety old fan.

I had an infant, and we slept in a humid, hot room because they refused to change our rooms. This is all during COVID when they were supposedly only operating at 60% capacity, yet they didn't have a room to move me to with working AC, an upgraded room, or a building that could accommodate the 3 rooms my family booked to be together. UVC membership gets you nothing. Its BS.

I spoke to a man at dinner that said he just does the presentation every time he goes and never signs up and gets the benefits.

He was getting upgraded to a swim up room for sitting through their sales pitch, while I was getting nothing because they already have my money. Absolute scam and not worth it.

User's recommendation: RUN! DO NOT BUY INTO THIS PROGRAM!

2:18 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is the worst nightmare. I purchased AMResort, and was up sold to the Lifestyle collections. Been a member since 2018. I called Lifestyle collections today trying to figure out how to use my "$3700" savings credit, turns out it was bunch of nothing. I was redirected to a membership sales person by the name of Ricardo, I asked him about the benefits, and...

9:10 am EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club - Membership

***WARNING***
My most sincere advice to anyone traveling to any of the AM Resorts. The company flat out lies to get you to sign up for a membership that doesn't deliver what it promises. When you are at a beautiful resort, of course the promise of huge savings to return sounds great! Unfortunately, there are no savings to be had. Do yourself a favor, and just read a few BBB reviews on Unlimited Vacation Club (https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/miami/profile/travel-club/unlimited-vacation-club-0633-90110796/customer-reviews) before you go!

4:19 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Bonjour, Client UVC depuis 2012, très content, nous pensons être face a une tentative d'escroquerie. Une société espagnole veut nous racheter notre contrat, agissant pour le compte d'un grand groupe américain qui veut faire une OPA car la chaine d'hotels AMResorts serait au bord de la faillit, . Voici le mandat qu'ils nous demandent de signer : MANDAT DE...

I
1:30 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club - Lack of Refund

We had a reservation fro Feb 18, 2020 at Secrets St Martin. They canceled the reservation because the reconstruction from the hurricane damage was not complete. We were redirected to the DR but had to pay another airline fee. We were promised a reimbursement of this charge. We submitted all of the paperwork for a $1, 390.90 refund. Now it is 1 1/2 years later and they still acknowledge they owe us but have not paid. How long do you have to wait?

Desired outcome: Pay the amount owed

9:47 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Warning!! Beware!! Impression black members being treated unfairly and held hostage by unlimited vacation club unethical contract practices!!! We have been loyal UVC members since 2015. Over these last 6 years, we have upgraded and are now Impressions Black members. On our last visit to Secrets the Vine location, we were approached for yet another upgrade...

M
7:15 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club - Membership

I've been a member for over 10 years. While blocking off rooms for a bachelor party, the exact three rooms were taken and sold to someone else. I could not be told if they were even members. I've never been late on a payment or renewal fee, but after this experience I decided not to pay the renewal fee. When I called to book transportation for my fiancée's bachelorette party, I was told I had to first pay the renewal fee.

I explained the issue and was told to bad. Had to pay the renewal fee. This is how they treat members. DO NOT BECOME A MEMBER!

This company has gone dow hill.

Desired outcome: None.

3:57 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have recently signed up for the vacation package. My contract number is SN1 001821. During the presentation of the package and the benefits offered for signing up I was told explicitly by the sales representative and shown the prices I could expect to pay for future visits. The prices shown were around $750 for a seven day visit to the same resort and...

4:08 pm EDT
Unlimited Vacation Club has left an official reply on this complaint.

Unlimited Vacation Club - misleading information or omitted information not given at sales meeting

In early April 2021 we visited Secrets Cap Cana, which is a beautiful resort. We attended the sales presentation to see about purchasing a membership. We purchased a membership and then discovered that many things were left out of the presentation that would certainly have affected our decision in purchasing it. Nowhere in the presentation was the "2 for 1" mentioned. This restriction forces you to use 2 nights of benefits to purchase one night at the resort. In addition, there was no mention of the yearly renewal fees that many of the associated partners charge to access their "additional benefits."

There is zero communication from their "Quality Assurance" department. When you try to call them directly, using two phone numbers given to me by their sales department, the phone rings for 4 minutes and then cuts off. I made numerous attempts at this. I have called their support team no less than 15 times to schedule a call with their QA Department but never received the call at the time that was scheduled.

This whole ordeal is a joke and I am looking for a full refund of the $5, 000 we paid up front. I have not used any of the benefits or returned to any resort so UVC is not out a penny.

My contract number is SN1-001687

Desired outcome: Full refund of monies paid.

9:42 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club - Scam Run Away

This company is such a scam and unethical. My wife and I planned a cruise through uvclifestylecollection through Carnival Cruise Line. We went to cancel 7 months before the cruise and they said we forfeit our whole sum of $635 due to cancelling. On Carnival Cruise line it states that cancels before 91 days their is no penalty, but under uvclifestylecollection they have a no refund policy. Please never use this travel agency!

Desired outcome: No Refund

4:11 pm EDT
Unlimited Vacation Club has left an official reply on this complaint.

Unlimited Vacation Club - Unlimited Vacation Club is nothing more than a scam!

Unlimited Vacation Club sold us a timeshare that was totally different on paper than what they actually sold us.
From the very moment of arrival at Secrets, we were constantly bothered about a 90-minute consultation. Finally, we decided that we would attend and *4-hours later we are trying to do anything to get out of their stronghold. We signed a carbonless paper contract that stated we would receive 3-individual weeks stay in a "Preferred Club Swim-Out Suite" at any RCI/UNLIMITED VACATION VIP premium resort. This was explained quite clearly that we would get to stay in a room just exactly like the one we stayed in.
I started doubting that this company was legitimate so I printed out the 40-page contract document and started reading it and to my complete surprise, it was not at all what I had signed originally.
I called them on 03-04-20 and they politely said they would turn it over to their cancellation department and have someone contact me in 1-3-days. They acted like it was common and they would refund my money, they conveyed no hesitation or problem with a refund.
We were assured that we could stay in the exact hotel room that we stayed in on our stay 01-22-20, a luxury swim-up room. I repeatedly ask this specific question "Am I going to get 3-weeks in this exact same room, guaranteed?" They repeatedly said yes, without a doubt. This was not the case, the on-line contract clearly states that those rooms are not included.
Unlimited Vacation Club stalked us upon arrival at the hotel. They lied to us and forged a written document. They did not and cannot offer what they offered verbally and on paper (the one we signed and agreed to). They lied, cheated and stole our money.

Desired outcome: MY MONEY BACK

3:57 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club - Pressure sales and now a new concerning tactic

We vacationed at Sunscape Dorado, our only vacation in Nov of 2019. We were told we had to attend a "meeting" on the second morning, and we said, nah, we aren't here for meetings, we are here for vacation. They said, no you have to come — we went even though we did not want to.
It was a high pressure sales meeting, and after 3 hours of booze and strong arming, we agreed to a membership - 5K down on a 10K 20 year plan.
fine! We thought we would use it, and we did the math and seemed to be ok. Then Covid hit.
They wouldn't back off, even though the borders were closed and no one could travel.
They threatened us with collections - etc. We were mostly just taking our lumps and realizing that we can get a MUCH better deal by going on the travel sites — BUT! Today a new angle. We got a call saying UVC is being sold and would we "sell our timeshare"- is this a new scam? Anyone else get this message? They want us to send the cover letter of the contract?

Desired outcome: get out of this club.

Update by CatM1416
Jun 02, 2021 4:45 pm EDT

As I thought, the fleas of misery come to feast on the already downtrodden...
Ok, thanks for confirming that you aren't selling-- but still leaving this complaint up, please don't put a green "resolved" banner on this, because it is Not resolved.

1 comment
M
Jun 29, 2021 3:38 pm EDT

Just a canned response from those scambags. I left a bad review on tripadvisor. I don't think they even read it as they didn't even address the issues we had. Just said "Come back and let us try to rectify". Fat chance!

10:05 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club - Unethical and disgraceful

We were lied to and cheated by the Unlimited Vacations Club team. On April 25, 2021 we sat through the membership presentation. What we were verbally promised by the sales agent and what we confirmed to be true with the signing agent at the time of contract signing were all lies. We even stopped the contract signing agent to confirm our understanding that we would be be paying NO MORE THAN $1, 400 a week. She said we were correct and she pointed to the section about the 1400 nights and told us that is what that section of the contract was talking about. We asked again that we would pay NO MORE THAN $1, 400 a week under our membership and again she said yes. She stated we would be able to see that as soon as we had access to the membership website since each web page is customized to each persons contract. It was all lies. I cannot believe how such an amazing vacation has been turned in to a complete nightmare. The tactics of the Unlimited Vacation Club team are disgraceful. We have been trying to cancel this scam since the day we got home from our vacation. The signing agent assured us that as soon as we received access to the Unlimited Vacation Club portal we would be able to see the rates that your sales agent promised. Well, it was all lies. We were cheated and scammed by the Unlimited Vacations team. Rather than having amazing memories of our 15 year wedding anniversary vacation, now all we think about is how we were cheated and scammed by your team members.
We are disputing the deposit with our credit card company. We want this "membership" to be cancelled. I want to forget I ever had any dealing with Unlimited Vacation Club.

9:31 am EDT
Unlimited Vacation Club has left an official reply on this complaint.

Unlimited Vacation Club - My trip to the now sapphire is being cancelled from the resort

This is John DeSantis and I have made many calls over the past 6 weeks and the club and resort have given mixed messages. I booked 5 rooms back in December for the next December 4th through the 11th 2021. I'm told the resort will now be closed and as of now have not been given a good reason nor options of relocating at no additional cost. The club keeps saying they will call me within a week and it's now been 6 weeks and I'm still waiting and getting the same mixed information. We want good alternative choices of where we can be placed as well as a return voucher due to the resort closing our week even after I have confirmation for the booking and this is the resort we chose. I expect nothing less from the club/resort since we booked in good faith and have for years now since joining the club and even before I was a member.

Desired outcome: Return Voucher as well as options to move our 5 booked rooms to another resort with option of more than one.

Update by Johnny Tornado
May 25, 2021 12:28 pm EDT

UVC called me and I also spoke with representatives at the Now Sapphire and they have made concessions that work for both of us and we are very appreciative. The UVC has always been good with us and I know some of the complaints I read may be their situation but as for us, we have been very satisfied with the club as well as the AM Resorts. Thank you for being accommodating. Complaint resolved to our satisfaction
John

Update by Johnny Tornado
May 20, 2021 12:26 pm EDT

I sent the email they requested with my membership number and phone number 24 hours ago and no response yet.

S
10:18 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband and I vacationed at Cancun, Mexico from April 28 - May 5th 2021 to celebrate his 65th birthday. We booked our flight from Delta vacations with Now Emerald, one of the AMResorts hotels. On April 29th we attended a presentation at Secret The Vine Resort in Cancun owned by Unlimited Vacation Club. We were told about a lot of benefits of becoming a...

Unlimited Vacation Club contacts