Menu
Unlimited Vacation Club Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

reviews & complaints

www.unlimitedvacationclub.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.1 389 Reviews

Unlimited Vacation Club Complaints Summary

295 Resolved
94 Unresolved
Our verdict: You can expect a very good level of service from Unlimited Vacation Club. To navigate their system effectively, thoroughly understand their service scope. Check online forums and review sites for others' experiences. When contacting customer service, clear and concise communication can help resolve your issues faster.
Claimed
Unlimited Vacation Club has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Unlimited Vacation Club. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
File a complaint

Unlimited Vacation Club reviews & complaints 389

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Unlimited Vacation Club reviews & complaints

12:27 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club UVC Membership

I filed a complaint here back at the beginning of March regarding UVC. They responded and asked me to email them my info and they would help me. I did so and, to date, a month later I have had no response from UVC. I've emailed them 3 other times in between and they stated that someone has called me and left a voicemail but I have not called them back. As normal, it seems, this is another lie as I've received ZERO voicemails from them. I would definitely answer or call back because I want some resolution from the FORGERY that their employee(s) did and the lies that were told to us. DO NOT PURCHASE any membership from UVC! Until, they can be honest with their customers/members, they do not deserve any money from anyone. I'm also disappointed in Hyatt brand! Why would a well known and respected brand like Hyatt want to ever be involved with UVC? I will copy my original complaint below so that everyone can see what UVC does...

Rachelle Sullivan of US

Mar 02, 2023

5:59 am EST

Review updated: Mar 05, 2023

Featured review

I’m November 2022, we stayed at Breathless Cancun Soul. We had previously joined UVC about a year before. To this point, we had had no issues. HOWEVER, during our stay at Breathless, we were asked about meeting to discuss our membership. We agreed and met with a representative. After being asked to upgrade, we didn’t feel like that was something we wanted to do. We were then met by Luis. Luis promised us we could upgrade and get even better room prices than originally. He, also, told us that we could choose a 2 for 1 hotel and make it a 1 for 1 hotel (forever). And, receive air flights from Southwest for deeply discounted prices. NONE OF WHICH EVER HAPPENED AFTER UPGRADING. Then we had declined the FlyBack Program. Completely denied it! Several months later, I get a charge on my credit card for $4173! I reported a fraud to my card and had to cancel all my cards, auto pay accounts, etc.! A day later receive an email saying the fee for the FlyBack program had been charged and welcome?! What?! We totally denied that! I called and asked to see the Flyback certificates that my husband SUPPOSEDLY signed. Received those and they are not even close to his signature! Someone from Breathless Cancun Soul had FORGED HIS NAME! After hours on the phone, email after email…they said they would cancel. I contacted Quality Assurance regarding this and was told by Julien that the “Board” would give me one VIP week to compensate! So, I pay you $1700 for a weeks stay to compensate for your employee forging my husbands name, spending hours and hours to try and get this resolved?! Julien stated that if I don’t sign the form by Friday, I won’t even be able to get that! I had spoken to Julien with the original complaint about being lied to about better room prices, air discounts and the 2 for 1 resort issue. The best he could do is give me 2 VIP weeks! I took that, thinking it was better than nothing! But, now someone actually forged my husbands name and you say the “board” will only approve a VIP week! That is beyond appalling, disheartening and plain criminal. Luis at Breathless should be out a job and UVC should treat their members much better than that! Horrible! I wish I hadn’t even walked into that place.

Desired outcome: UVC needs to ACTUALLY contact me to discuss the outcome for their employees complete lies and an actual criminal offense by forging my husband's name!

S
6:14 pm EDT
Unlimited Vacation Club has left an official reply on this complaint.

Unlimited Vacation Club Misleading sales pitch (by misleading I mean full on lies)

We recently visited DR where we participated in a UVC sales pitch. Nothing that was presented in the meeting is true. Since I returned home on 3/21 and began researching the program. Its a discount program and by all accounts its cheaper to go through Expedia. This high pressure sales pitch tells you everything you want to hear, and yes it sounds to good to be true. RED FLAG but we fell for it. Im surprised Hyatt is allowing their good name and reputation to be brought down by this company that is full of liars and scammers. I'm requesting a refund in full. We paid 100% up front. I will continue to post and contact Hyatt until this issue is resolved. Lesson learned here. When you are pressured to make a decision right then and there, there is a reason for it. They don't want you to leave and do any research. I will make it my mission in life to post and spread the word about this deceitful company. In addition to UVC I will also include all of its affiliates.

I
4:26 pm EST
Unlimited Vacation Club has left an official reply on this complaint.

Unlimited Vacation Club Fraudulent presentation, important details and cancellation period left out.

The information that we were provided and led to believe during the presentation at Breathless Los Cabos was faulty and misleading. We were led to believe that through the Exchange Weeks we would have access to all Breathless, Secrets and Dreams resorts, as well as thousands more hotels through RCI, except during holidays.

Our membership began on January 1, 2023. We began to investigate options for future vacations in mid- January. We were surprised and dismayed by what we learned as it was contrary to our understanding during the presentation. In speaking to Melonie at UVC on Jan. 16th, we learned that UVC unlimited nights are only a 25% discount off advertised prices, and that the Exchange nights are only good through RCI.

Our understanding was the reverse. We found that RCI has very few options available for using our exchange weeks at Breathless, Secrets or Dreams properties. And to exchange a week at one of your properties though RCI is only for the room stay; it does not include the all-inclusive food and beverage. Thus, we would be paying over $2000 for a week stay through RCI at one of the few Breathless, Secrets or Dreams they have available. I then spoke with Nathan at RCI on the same day who confirmed that the main benefit of RCI exchange weeks is for local travel within the U.S.

Frankly, we were misled. We asked our Presenter Rick Carlson over and over again to clarify and he confirmed that we could use the exchange weeks and pay only the $542 fee that is the UVC and RCI combined cost including reservation fee for use at Breathless, Secrets or Dreams. Of course, this is not the case. I guess we are naïve and trusting souls… we trusted Rick and enjoyed his company but we feel betrayed. I emailed Rick on Jan. 18 and said the same along with the obfuscated details of UVC and asked him if he had anything to say? I told him I wished I had kept all the pages that he wrote on during the presentation to explain how UVC worked. I now see why they gather those pages up “to clear the table” so we could sign the contract. We never heard back from Rick.

We wanted to understand further about our 7 premier nights AI, to see if it would be worthwhile to continue our membership even though we would not be traveling much in the US to utilize all our exchange nights. In talking to Andrea at UVC on Feb. 4, we learned that the Secrets or Breathless properties in Mexico that we are interested in are considered “ultra-luxury” and therefore exchanged at a 2 for 1 or even 3 for 1 night. In other words, our 7 premier nights AI are only good for 2 premier nights at the Secrets Impressions in Isla Mujeres! Rick made it clear that once we paid off our membership, we were entitled to a free week at all-inclusive Breathless, Dreams or Secrets. “It’s a no-brainer!” he said. Again, a surprise and disappointment on our part and totally contrary to what Rick led us to believe.

After some research it appears that we are not the only people who believe that they have been misled. There are over 200 filings with the Better Business Bureau in Miami against UVC, all of them negative. Similarly, entering “Unlimited Vacation Club” on just one consumer protection website, TrustPilot (www.trustpilot.com), reveals 39 reviews of UVC with a rating of 1.5 “stars” out of a possible 5. Reading the reviews, it is clear we are not the only ones with almost identical experiences. If only we had read the reviews before signing the contract!

I wonder if your parent company Hyatt whom recently purchased UVC (according to Rick) is aware of the outright fraudulent behavior of UVC. I plan to make them aware of it as I can’t imagine Hyatt is willing to go on having their brand tarnished by UVC. Additionally, I plan to submit my review into every consumer website possible; It just might help another unsuspecting person avoid being ripped-off by UVC.

We are terminating our contract as UVC is in breach of providing full information regarding the terms of its provisions and services. What was told to us is not what is so. We did not read the lengthy contract we signed as we were given an abbreviated verbal summary along with the Membership Benefits Summary, both of which fail to elaborate on the true extent and limitations of our Choices membership. Additionally, if your company truly stood behind your product, you would have made us well aware of the 5-day period in which we had to cancel the contract. Of course, this was not mentioned.

We have not availed ourselves of any goods and services offered by UVC or RCI so we request a full refund of our down payment ($1,300) plus the closing cost ($330.00) and the first month that was financed ($173.50) for a total of $1,803.50.

When we realized we would never get any value out of this membership, we stopped paying the monthly fee and wrote to the location to cancel our contract. UVC kept calling and calling to remind me that my payment was late and I kept informing them that I had cancelled my contract. When I finally spoke to a supervisor, he said I could not cancel until I had paid 50% of the contract price! I said he would never get a penny more out of me and he said he would turn it over to the "Corporate Collections Department and they would come after me because it was a legally binding contract". I said he could do what he wants but a contract is not valid if it is fraudulent. He again threatened me and I hung up.

I sent a letter to Hyatt's president as Hyatt recently bought UVC. I can't imagine that Hyatt has any idea how many people are complaining about this fraudulent company.

Desired outcome: I want my money back and for UVC to stop calling me.

Update by Isoar
Apr 26, 2023 11:03 am EDT

I sent you my member number via the email you requested. I was informed that you would be calling on 04/19/2023 at 13:00 to resolve our complaint. Of course that call never came.

This was the second time Mauricio Gómez, the UVC's Member's Quality Assurance team member contacted us and scheduled a time for him to call and resolve our complaint. No surprise to us that the first or second call to us never came.

So I am guessing this has happened to many of you. Thus, I find it VERY hard to believe all those "RESOVED" complaints here are actually resolved. Here is the scam that I think is going on.

A UVC member posts a complaint here and UVC responds via a request: "For us to follow up correctly on this situation, please share with us your member ID, phone number, and email address to cx@unlimitedvc.com. We will further assist you by that means." But here is the catch: if you do NOT respond with at least some verbiage VIA THE COMPLAINTS BOARD, and not the email address, time goes by and the CB algorithm marks your complaint as "RESOLVED". After all, you did not respond to the complaintant and therefore it must be resolved.

Before that happens, you responded via the direct email with all the required information and UVC responded that they wanted to resolve your issue and scheduled a time for a phone call. The call never comes and since you did not respond on CB, the complaint is marked as "RESOLVED".

This happened to me but I contacted Complaints Board and explained what happened and the opened my complaint again. That's when I got the second email from Mauricio Gómez, the UVC's Member's Quality Assurance team member (yeah, right!) requesting a phone call appointment with us to "resolve our issue". Of course, no phone call came and that is why I am writing this followup to warn others ahead of time.

My guess is most people just give up after the first no-phone call. I want to see these thieves exposed so I will not give up warning others via Complaints Board and other methods. If you have been scammed by UVC, I highly recommend you also go to the Miami Better Business Bureau (https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/miami/profile/travel-club/unlimited-vacation-club-0633-90110796/customer-reviews) and post a complaint there also. You will join AT LEAST 130+ members who were ripped off like us and the complaints mirror EXACTLY the complaints here.

Good luck and don't give up! These thieves need to be brought to justice!

maugomez@unlimitedvc.com

Update by Isoar
Mar 25, 2023 4:16 pm EDT

This complaint is NOT RESOLVED! If you read all the supposedly "RESOLVED" complaints, I think it is another scam by these thieves. Let me explain...they respond to your intial complaint and ask you to send them your member number via the email they post (cx@unlimtedvc.com).

We did exactly that and did non reply inside the Complaints Board website. We received a response from the "Complaint Resolution Officer" asking for a date and time he could call us to discuss. We responded with such and awaited a phone call at that time. Surprise, surprise...NO PHONE CALL! Does that surprise any of us who have been scammed by the people? I bet not.

We then sent numerous emails and phone calls directly to the Complaints Resolution Officer and we have received no response from him in over two weeks.

So here is the scam: if you don't respond WITHIN the Complaints Board website, they see that the complainant has responded BUT YOU HAVE NOT and they will mark your complaint as resovled, which of course it is not.

I am investigating my next course of action and I encourage all of you to submit your complaint to the Miami Better Business Bureau where UVC apparently has an additional office. Hard to tell because have you noticed none of their websites has a physical address for contacting them nor a phone number?! It will be easy to find as they have over 200 complaints against them on that site!

Good luck to everybody...

10:52 am EST
Unlimited Vacation Club has left an official reply on this complaint.

Unlimited Vacation Club Everything I was told in the sales pitch was a lie.

I bought the Pearl gray level membership for $15100. I had no idea that it was the lowest tier of the memberships. I was never told that for many of the restaurants you had to be a PREFERRED member. That was never mentioned about anything. And, if you look at the website, nothing ever mentions that you have to be preferred to do almost anything. We are using the membership for the first time and taking advantage of the Premier nights. We got to Secrets and each time we went to a restaurant, we were told it was for Preferred members only. When asking where we could go eat, no one knew where it was. When we got to the restaurant, the food was very poor quality. The pool is very dirty. Lots of debris to go through to get to the main pool. Empty ketchup packets, leaves, insects. The staff have been unhelpful. Their attitudes imply that they could care less that we are here. So for $15100, you get two free weeks. I could have had a much better vacation if I had just saved that money. I know I can book future stays at a discounted rate. But why would I? Just to be told that everything is really for the preferred members. We are just stuck in a back room that is moldy. Thanks UVC!

Desired outcome: Upgrade to preferred membership or refund my money.

S
8:51 pm EST
Unlimited Vacation Club has left an official reply on this complaint.

Unlimited Vacation Club Misleading full of lies.

Recently visited the Dreams resort where we were invited to take part in an all day presentation. We stressed to the associate that we would only be interested in 5 star accommodations. They promised over and over that we would be able to stay at 5 star hotels internationally as well as in the states. This lead to a $6400 deposit and another promise that in 30 days we would be able to access the site where we could find 5 star accommodations to our liking. Well on the 30th day when receiving the member I.d. we logged on to find no such accommodations. Nothing even close. We immediately made the request to cancel and was told we would have to pay an additional $15k to cancel. They blatantly lied and told us whatever we wanted to hear. This should be against the law. How do they get away with this.

Desired outcome: Cancel my membership and refund me my money!!!!

N
11:28 am EST

Unlimited Vacation Club unlimited vacations

i am a member of unlimited vacations under extreme false pretences.

is there a class action against this company.

they make all these promises to get your money than when you go to book anything they tell you your premier nots are not eligable for this time. also the free cruise is a joke also, very unhappy and trying you get my money back any help will do.

Desired outcome: would like my money back or find out is there is a class action suit against these liars

5:59 am EST

Unlimited Vacation Club Membership

Desired outcome: Would want to speak to someone who is actually respectful to discuss a resolution! Not another scammer and liar! UVC needs to find a better compensation!

Apr 27, 2023 1:35 pm EDT

I was told the legal department is preparing the cancellation letter and I would get it this week...still nothing and it's Thursday. Typical.

Apr 26, 2023 2:44 pm EDT

Here is the response from UVC customer service rep:

At this point we recomend to check your contract with your attorney you are breaching the confidentiality clause therefore we have the right to cancel at any time. You should take off your post before we proceed any further and you lose your investment.

Julian Pat Ricalde

And the second response when I told them I'm not removing my complaint on here:

Wilberth Julian Pat Ricalde

Apr 18, 2023, 3:22 PM (8 days ago)

to me

It is not a threat is a fact. Check the contract with your attorney maybe they can make you understand a simple contract. not even the VIP week is on the table anymore the Legal deparment make a full review and there is not breach of contract in our behalf therefore they decide not to honor it anymore.

In which I explained I'm totally fine with them cancelling the contract per their wishes. We've been lied to, manipulated and signatures forged on documents. Who would want to work with a company like this?

Apr 17, 2023 9:26 pm EDT

After submitting copy of forged documents and the contract my husband did sign, this was the response that I received….why would I not expect this response?!

Hello Mrs. Sullivan,

We checked the signature and is the same in the fly back certificate, in the contract and the driver license. Besides of that you mentioned that the refund the money.

Outlook-A picture .png

Julian Pat Ricalde

wpat@unlimitedvc.com

Corporativo Cancun UNO, Av Tulum, SMZ 9, MZ 1, LT 2, Piso 1 Canc

I’ve requested a supervisor’s name that I can speak to….way to go UVC!

Apr 04, 2023 6:46 pm EDT

This is the response from UVC:

Wilberth Julian Pat Ricalde

5:27 PM (14 minutes ago)

to me

Hello Mrs. Sullivan,

I already told you the Board & the Legal department only authorized 1 more vip week- We already compensate you in January it seems that you are just trying to take advantage from us and we do not like it.

Regards,

They gave me 2 VIP weeks in January to compensate for THEIR EMPLOYEE lying to us about the benefits we would receive by upgrading. Which none of those benefits where true. Then months later, I find out that THEIR EMPLOYEE(S) had FORGED my husband's signature on the FlyBack certificates that we declined. And this is their resolve...give me 1 VIP week so that I can pay them $1700 to go on a vacation. And the NERVE of this person saying that they feel we are "taking advantage of them" is beyond RIDICULOUS! THIS is what UVC feels about and treats their members...DO NOT BECOME A MEMBER OF UVC AND SHAME AND HYATT FOR BECOMING INVOLVED WITH THIS GROUP!

Mar 21, 2023 8:01 am EDT

I have emailed the info requested by UVC…but STILL to this date have not heard ONE word back from them! I’ve emailed 3 other times requesting a response or to be contacted…nothing! It’s been since March 3rd! It’s very obvious what they think about their members and it’s sad and disheartening! Hyatt should be ashamed to be involved with this organization! Shame on you, Hyatt!

Mar 12, 2023 9:16 am EDT

This has not been resolved, as I’m STILL waiting for UVC to respond to me. I’ve sent them the info they requested but have received NOTHING back, as of yet.

Dscont
Washington, US
Mar 05, 2023 7:36 pm EST

We had a very similar situation at Breathless soul.

The uvc team there are complete liars and change the contract after you sign

Author of the review
Rachelle Sullivan
Mar 21, 2023 8:02 am EDT
Replying to comment of Dscont

They would be fired, if UVC cared…but it’s obvious they do not and actually promote it!

Author of the review
Rachelle Sullivan
Apr 26, 2023 2:45 pm EDT
Replying to comment of Dscont

Read the on-going correspondence from the UVC Customer Service Rep on my complaint. And, the manipulation continues!

C
12:32 am EST

Unlimited Vacation Club UVC, Zoetry and Hyatt

Our 10th Anniversary was absolutely miserable. My husband and I love Zoetry and since we’ve stayed at the Jamaican resort twice, Dominican Republic once and the Mexico resort once, we assumed that the St Lucia Zoetry was in the same league. For me, it is necessary to have a level of comfort due to my physical limitations. Although successful in removing a tumor from the base stem of my brain, I battle with balance and autoimmune issues.

* Fact 1: Upon arrival, our room was a Motel 6 type room even though we asked for a suite. After discussing plans to leave with our UVC contact, Zoe, a suite was “found”. Images on the resort website use the same pictures for all regular rooms and “Image Coming Soon” for all suites.

* Fact 2: Before arrival, our UVC contact requested dietary restrictions from us. These restrictions are medical and not just desires. None of our requests were honored and I’m still dealing with the fallout from eating certain foods. Each restaurant had 3-4 choices of a category and each food item fell into the same category. Example: For Starters, the choices were Tuna Tartare, Steak Tartare, Octopus, or a Salad. To make matters worse, the menu never changed, the preparation wasn’t healthy, the staff wasn’t knowledgeable on ingredients and pushed back on any requested deviations. For example: it was requested to have a cheeseburger on lettuce instead of a gluten bun. The waitress didn’t want the change and stated she’d have to ask the chef it could be done.

* Fact 3: The hotel staff wasn’t knowledgeable on resort items and gave incorrect information. We are not a stickler with money on vacation but my husband was told that gratuity was included in our island tour by a resort staffer. The actual driver stated it was not included. This trend continued during the week on multiple subjects.

* Opinion: Some staff were nice. Others were not or it was forced. As a business owner with staff, I could tell the “nice” wasn’t genuine. If I treated our clients like the staff treated us, we would have a folded business.

* Fact 4: The now read reviews online are similar to ours. Because it was a Zoetry resort, we didn’t read them ahead of time.

* Opinion: The good reviews are either made up, very old, or the person did not stay a long period.

* Fact 5: I have stayed at “Wellness and Luxury” resorts before. This is neither. I do understand transition in business but what we experienced goes far beyond it.

* Fact 6: Restocking of our room was sporadic unless you requested it. You must ask multiple people, multiple times in order to get anything done or received. Our room was “cleaned” by making the bed only and not every day.

* Fact 7: 24 hour Room service normally takes about 30 minutes. If food was ordered via phone, you were told about 15-20 minutes but the wait time was more like 1 1/2 hours or more.

* Fact 8: The resort is old and not “New” as it’s described on the website. It may be “new” under Zoetry rebranding but it is not a new resort. (See pics attached).

* Fact 9: Ants and mosquitos were always in our room.

* Fact 10: For anyone with a disability, there is nothing in place to accommodate special needs or any type of statement on the website which would alert travelers. Besides a golf cart that may take you to your room upon request, this area is severely lacking. A more educationally informed staff would allow anyone with my type of disability to choose another resort. My husband was concerned about me being able to get around, and specifically called/emailed our UVC contact at least 3-4 times. Later, our UVC contact admitted that she didn’t really understand the limitations of a disabled person. I paid a hefty price for her lack of education. My flares caused by food/and or conditions, will last 2-4 weeks. As of this writing, I’m in week 2.

* Fact 11: There were no vendors, after dinner resort entertainment, or things to do as we found at other resorts.

* Fact 12: The ferry ride to the beach was barely stable. In reality, the ferry ride was a very old, dirty and near sunken fishing boat. The beach was a corner piece of land that was trash filled, and full of cigarettes.

* Fact 13: The resort pictures on the internet are photoshopped, altered, or airbrushed. What I saw in real life and what is pictured are vastly different.

* Fact 14: We cut our trip short and left early. We will never return and there is a bitter taste in my mouth when asked about my anniversary trip.

Desired outcome: Refund

T
7:21 pm EST

Unlimited Vacation Club Membership: misled to purchase

We purchased our UVC membership over a year ago. Since then, we have spent countless hours going back and forth with sales representatives, reservation specialists, supervisors, etc. as the sales pitch we were sold was inaccurate. We were misled during the presentation and are disappointed in the amount of money we have spent thus far, with little to no return and no access to the amazing bonuses we were "sold". We recently visited a Secrets resort to use a free week, and we will never return. The food was horrible, the resort was outdated and uncleanly, and we were told 4 different prices when trying to book hotel and airport transportation. We left incredibly disappointed, as did the four others traveling with us and have promised to never return to a UVC resort.

Desired outcome: We request UVC works with us as customers, refunds us our money for false advertising and misrepresenting their services to sell us the membership, and cancels our membership without penalty.

Mar 08, 2023 11:28 am EST

Update: I was assigned an agent and scheduled a call. I never received the call and have yet to hear back on rescheduling the call despite reaching out to the agent. I will give her an additional 24 hours to reply, otherwise I will be taking next steps to escalate my concern as it is not being addressed and nobody is contacting us.

Feb 27, 2023 3:15 pm EST

I have done so and will await resolution.

Feb 24, 2023 9:05 pm EST

After further research, I have sought personal representation from a legal counsel who are legally allowed to practice in Panama. My legal representative and I will ensure this complaint is handled appropriately.

6:15 pm EST
Unlimited Vacation Club has left an official reply on this complaint.

Unlimited Vacation Club Refund my 50% down payment!

Do not purchase this scam!
We bought a 10 Year Unlimited Vacation Club Membership on Feb. 12, 2023 at Secrets in Cozumel, Mexico.
Cost: $14, 500.00
They said we would get Three Free Weeks in the Unlimited Vacation Club and 4 Weeks at an All-Inclusive for $299.00 per week. All-Inclusive! All-Inclusive!
Turns out the $299.00 is for Lodging only. Doesn't cover Food, Drinks, Fees, Taxes, etc... One big Scam.
But what really Pisses me off is when we returned home, I began looking for a Resort to use in Late April for Two Weeks for our 40th Anniversary. We could not find anything. They kept referring us back to Cozumel. We wanted to go somewhere else. Everything was Booked they said.
They said can you go other dates, June, July, August, etc... What good is the Program if you can't use it for your dates or a Resort you want to visit.
THIS IS A SCAM!
SAVE YOUR MONEY!

mvar1401
Harwinton, US
Feb 20, 2023 6:30 pm EST

Please DM me and let me know how you make out. Make sure that you are also responding to their generic response on here, if you don't respond within 7 days it automatically says its been resolved. I am in the process now of trying to cancel and get a refund. I will look for an attorney who is willing to pick apart their contract, if that does not work, I will use every single premier night I have available to me and sit outside the UVC clubs at the resorts and make sure no one is purchasing their memberships.

Feb 21, 2023 10:31 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replying to comment of mvar1401

Hello, mvar1401. Please share your member ID, phone number and email address to cx@unlimitedvc.com so that we can provide you with the appropriate assistance and give the proper follow up to your case. Regards. FV.

1:48 pm EST

Unlimited Vacation Club Vacation package

We purchased our Silver Package in April of 2022 while vacationing at Secrets Royal, Punta Cana. We spent half of our day with the representatives of the club, only to find out that the contract that we signed was did not represent the verbal agreements that were made.

The sale of our contract was unethical and should be invalid on the basis of coercion. For 6 hours, we were served alcohol by the members of the Vacation Club, who then coerced us into purchasing a membership that did not reflect the verbal agreements that were made. The representative lied about several items to include:

1) We were promised no black out dates for our premier nights. This was a must for us given that traveling during April break is why we bought into the club.

2) RCI Interest Rates 0% for 18 months. We financed several thousands of dollars on RCI Credit Cards, which the sales representative promised 18 months of 0% interest rates. The paperwork for the credit cards indicated only 6 months of 0% interest, when I asked about this, the rep advised us that the balance would be transferred to a new card prior to the 6 months in order to continue the 0% (not uncommon). I confirmed that they would be the ones taking care of the transfers, 7 months later I have found that we are now being charged interest because they never fulfilled their promise.

3) Overall Savings. When describing the savings, the sales rep (Greg), pulled up a week and told us the cost for a week at Secrets would be $762, he described it as vacationing for an entire week for the price of one night. Before I let him finish I saw that he was using a week in October, not April, he was purposely misrepresenting the information to benefit his sale.

Ultimately the sales tactics utilized by the sales representatives was unethical and immoral. Unlimited Vacation Club served us alcohol for several hours before making verbal agreements that were not held true or found within the contract. The sales representatives, after serving us alcohol for several hours, could not with any level of certainty believe that we were able to make competent financial decisions. They purposefully created an environment and then took full advantage of our lack in judgement and inability to make sound decisions.

Desired outcome: We have not used our membership since we purchased, therefore, it is only fair that we are able to cancel our membership without penalty, and are refunded the money that has been paid towards our membership.

Update by mvar1401
Feb 20, 2023 6:33 pm EST

Will send an email tomorrow and post whether or UVC provides a fair solution. However, after reading many of these complaints, I do not expect to receive any fairness and will continue until this is corrected.

L
11:46 pm EST

Unlimited Vacation Club Membership false promises

I bought a gold plus membership in April 2015 when we were at Secrets in a package bought via Cheap Caribbean. We paid around 36 Thousand dollars for the membership, using the assumption that we would get really good discounts. This is a complete scam! We were also offered the “free” membership of RCI and Lifestyle Collection. Little did we know about the annual membership cost and we ended up canceling after 2 years. During the 2 years, I reserved a hotel in New York and we had lots of issues. The prices for the unlimited nights are the same or more expensive than what you find in other sites, such as Booking, Cheap Caribbean. I’d like to sell my membership and get my money back.

7:55 am EST

Unlimited Vacation Club Breach of contract

I have a contract with Unlimited Vacation Club. My family had a reservation DB1 22435 for Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana from: 11/8/2022 To: 11/13/2022 I had to cancel a reservation for one person in our party for more than 30 days. According to my contract I’m eligible for 100% refund if I cancel 30 days prior the trip. I called to UVC on Oct 6th, 2022, and asked to cancel a trip for one person. Because I contacted the UVC for 30 days prior the trip the UVC representative told me over the phone that they must communicate with the resort to calculate my refund. However, for last four months I never heard from UVC and didn't get my refund back.

Desired outcome: I want my refund back

5:16 pm EST

Unlimited Vacation Club Scam

During the whole presentation, I was told for 12K. I get all these FREE vacations for my family and me. Over and Over and Over Family!
Now that I am trying to use my 14 Premium Nights

1) For most of the Resorts, you have to use 2 for 1 Premium Nights
2) This one got me HOT for you and your family of 4. You must book two Rooms
- So if you want to stay for 5 days you can not, you have to pay WTF! Lies, Lies, This was not told to me at all because I would not have bought this Membership
3) Nowhere on the site under my profile showed all the promotions offered to me... FU

Desired outcome: Give me what you said you would before takeing my money

J
6:45 pm EST

Unlimited Vacation Club Membership

we got a membership with UVC on January 20, 2023, after we arrived from our vacation we sat down and look at our contract and started searching for hotels prices, resorts, etc thru different companies online. There is really no savings as they promised, and we decided to cancel and get a refund for the downpayment we made.

The sells manager gave us a call back to calm us down like we were making the right decision, but still, we don't feel safe and happy with the membership.

Desired outcome: we wish to be out of this contract and get our money back asap

Khara Morse
Feb 23, 2023 7:57 pm EST

This is all a scam ! I have no “free” nights nothing they promised is true

I want a full refund and cancel my membership

I have nothing for giving you my money!

J
10:10 pm EST

Unlimited Vacation Club DT1 008793 Silver

This was a scam. Your salespeople seem great. We purchased the silver plan, 3 free vacation and 1 family vacation. You will save 4-5000 dollars a year. You will save on airfare and everything was a lie. I sent a email to membership services.

We just came back from vacation and finally got a chance to read the contract.

What a scam. I asking for refund and cancel membership. I called American Express and the better business bureau. Sounded to good to be true and I fell for it

Desired outcome: Refund and cancel member ship

12:22 am EST
Unlimited Vacation Club has left an official reply on this complaint.

Unlimited Vacation Club This is a scam!!! Been lied to and all they said not true!!!

We went in a holiday in Mexico. Sunscape Akumal! The worst place we've ever been to. Pictures looked ok, but resort abysmal. Water ingress in rooms, absolutely crap. then we've been moved to another hotel, Dreams Natura, nice-ish room, although smelling, because e got onboard to this crap UVC program. We've been lied to, nothing they said ever came true. Next time we tried to go on holiday and called this place, it was even more expensive then we can find on booking or Expedia! crazy! TUI is cheaper! we went to this secrets place, managed to get preferred upgrade through tis UVC, wonder how, then they were trying to sell us another 20k worth of [censored]! unbelievable! Now trying to go on holiday, TUI Uk is cheaper then going through this F*****g UVC. It's a joke and a big scam! Luckily you'd be paying with your credit card and you could claim all your payments back! DO NOT GO FOR UVC! BIG SCAM!

Desired outcome: GET MONEY BACK

A
6:19 pm EST

Unlimited Vacation Club Premiere weeks

My husband and I joined UVC on our trip in 2021 to Secrets Vallarta Bay. We have paid $13k of our $20k. We booked our first trip with UVC for Oct 2022. My childhood best friend has life ending brain cancer and she has never been on a vacation out of the country. Her dream has been to swim with fish. We used our free week for my husband and me. We paid half of a weeks stay for my friend and her partner and they paid the rest. Early September it sadly became a reality that she had become too sick to travel and also had lost her sight. I called UVC to cancel. We were not going to make the trip. We wanted our refund for the room we split for my friend asap as she had medical bills. I spent a great deal of time on the phone haggling to get our money and it took over a month. Between cancellation in early September and the former trip date my husband and I kept getting messages about “looking forward to your arrival at Secrets.” We were concerned and called UVC to check it out and they assured us it was not cancelled and the resort just didn’t have that information yet. I even got upset on numerous calls because canceling for this reason was very upsetting and getting calls about our arrival was sad as well as frustrating. I kept thinking the lack of communication between UVC and the resort was a concern. We finally got our money refunded for the room we split. I thought the whole ordeal was over. Fast forward to several weeks ago I started exploring the different resorts on the website to select a place to use our one premiere week for our anniversary fall if this year 2023. When I was unable to book it online o called customer service for assistance. I was informed I supposedly didn’t cancel our premiere week for October 2022 when I called to say we couldn’t come. It was only applied to my friends room! Now they took two full days from us for their error! I continue to call and have been treated poorly and argued with. As the customer paying 20k for this vacation club and not even getting to use it yet for circumstances far out of my control I am completely shocked and beyond disappointed. My husband and I are blue collar workers and this one “free” week was a perk we were anxious to use after signing on. I have had nothing but a very bad experience with UVC, feel disrespected and mistreated and definitely not part of a luxury vacation club. I would be happy to not have to call UVC over and over to be ignored, called a liar and disregarded as a valuable customer. Instead I wish I was treated fairly, given what I was promised and able to plan our first vacation as a member without a penalty we don’t deserve!

Desired outcome: Our full 7 days of premiere nights available to use for upcoming anniversary vacation.

Update by Abbey Postlewait
Feb 03, 2023 3:48 pm EST

The complaint is not resolved. The company has called multiple times promising they’re looking into it but still nothing has been resolved as far as our debts that were taken away from us I would appreciate the claim remaining open and I will let you know when it’s been resolved.

RayvonB
Charlotte, US
Feb 03, 2023 5:25 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My personal email trustee1909@gmail.com

Please send me an email, we would lile to buy the membership from you. I am a licence real estate broker

I
2:23 pm EST

Unlimited Vacation Club Fraud

A year ago, I was in the Dominican Republican and dealing with upgrade pressure from this company. While I know they lie compulsively, I did not think it would go this far. I said I would not upgrade because my ex husband was on the contract and UVC lost the letter he sent while we were still marginally speaking to revoke his interests. I said since they'd lost it, I wouldn't upgrade.

Well, miracle of miracles, she said that with an upgrade, I could change the terms of the contract where he wasn't in it. Even SHOWED me the ownership where his name wasn't on it.

So instead of upgrading my contract and applying the old balance, a whole new contract was opened and I was double charged with the second contract at a higher total with no data from the old one. Foolish me, I didn't realize this for a while (my accounts autodeduct) until it showed I was still on a silver account. When I called then, surprise two accounts.

I called to try to resolve this in early November and was told it was escalated. I heard NOTHING until the last week of December, where I was given two short times in which they could call me. I was on call that week and didn't see the email, so I contacted them saying when I was available. After a week, I sent another email, and two more, over three weeks before I got a rude and dismissive response from a representative using the wrong name and title and dismissing me entirely.i

I called today to cancel, was escalated, and yet again, told to "wait for a phone call" after telling me all the great benefits I could get with my gold plus membership. I refused and said to transfer me to cancellations. I was also told they tried to contact me today, which is not true, based on my own phone records.

I've gotten disconnected twice from the operator with no end in sight. I'm trying every recourse I can to fully disentangle myself with this law breaking pack of liars.

Desired outcome: Cancel the two contracts, stop sending me billing notices, and then never contact me again.

T
12:48 pm EST

Unlimited Vacation Club UVC membership

Me and my boyfriend went to Cancun from November 25th-December 2nd. We stayed at the Haven Riviera Cancun. When we arrived at the airport, a lady by the name of Jessica (a rep from Secrets The Vine) approached us and talked us into buying an ATV/Zipline/Cenote excursion and a catamaran excursion (in the end we didn’t actually get the catamaran excursion it was just the ATV one; Secrets ended up giving us pesos for a ferry to Isla Mujeres and pesos for a golf cart instead of the catamaran that we thought we were doing). She also told us that she was inviting us to her hotel for a day.

On November 27th we went to Secrets The Vine and we were finally told that it was going to be a sales presentation. We were greeted by a man named Santiago, we had lunch at the seafood restaurant and he gave us a tour of one of their rooms. We were then brought to another restaurant to discuss more about this UVC membership. He brought over another salesmen I don’t remember his name, but he talked more about pricing. At one point, I looked around the room and noticed everyone in there was there for a sales presentation. Every 5-10 minutes you’d hear clapping and cheering to signify that a sale was made. They kept giving us mimosa after mimosa trying to accept their offer. We told them that everything sounded nice but it’s too much for us to handle/afford.

They thanked us and we were told that another person would take us to sign out. Come to find out this other person was another salesmen who sat us down at a table near the doors to give us another presentation for a membership of a lower offer. After saying all the “right” things he needed to, this time he managed to get us to accept the membership. Cue the claps and champagne! Bring out the contract, got our information, signed it, made the down payment and we were done. We’re feeling nervous but excited. We thought we were getting a good deal!

Fast forward to now. We’ve made the initial down payment + two monthly payments so far in December of $90.37 USD. Over the last couple of weeks I’ve been trying to understand how our benefits work. From the presentation, we were under the impression that we’d be getting some great savings with the benefits but I’ve come to the realization that’s not what we thought.

There was a flyer at the presentation one of the salesmen gave us that showed what our membership would include. Beside RCI, one of the things it says was “$509USD PRICE PER WEEK.” Now the salesmen made it seem like that would be the price we’d be paying for a one week vacation for any resort (only Junior suites or deluxe suites as we agreed to in the contract). So all this time we’ve been thinking wow we can book any resort for about $700CAD for one week, that’s awesome. I contacted UVC and RCI. I’ve sent a few emails to UVC and I’ve spoken with 4 different RCI agents. On the 9th, I had spoken to a couple of RCI agents about this $509 rate I was trying to understand. RCI tells me that it’s $420CAD per week to deposit your vacation weeks from UVC for reservations. Once again, I fall under the impression that the $420CAD would be how much we’d be paying for any resort for one week. I even asked them both twice to make sure/confirm that what I was thinking was correct.

Now we’re more excited, we even started to plan our anniversary vacation. Why not when you think it’s only going to cost you $420 for the resort right? Well on Thursday the 12th I spoke with 2 more RCI agents. They both tell me that the $420CAD is just a service fee to exchange your weeks and that you would still need to pay for the room. On top of that, I wasn’t aware that RCI doesn’t do all inclusive so we’d have to pay the all inclusive fees as well. I also tried to speak with someone from UVC over the phone but everything they were saying was just further confusing me. I then decided to look online to see if there was similar situations. I found this complaint board and read a bunch of reviews of people who had experienced the same thing we are now. The more I read the more disgusted I felt about falling for a stupid scam like this. $6000CAD for 5 years of 25% off resorts? And not even all inclusive? Doesn’t make any sense.

Desired outcome: We want our membership cancelled and if possible a full refund.

Unlimited Vacation Club In-depth Review

Overview: The Unlimited Vacation Club is a premier vacation club that offers a wide range of services and benefits to its members. The website provides a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to navigate and explore the various offerings.

Membership Options: The Unlimited Vacation Club offers different membership levels, including standard, premium, and elite. Each membership level comes with its own set of benefits and perks, such as exclusive access to luxury resorts, priority booking, and discounted rates. Pricing and payment options are transparent and flexible, allowing members to choose the option that best suits their needs.

Destinations and Resorts: The Unlimited Vacation Club offers a diverse range of destinations for its members to choose from. Whether you're looking for a beach getaway, a city adventure, or a mountain retreat, the club has you covered. The resorts available in these destinations are of high quality and offer a variety of amenities and facilities to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Booking Process: Booking through the Unlimited Vacation Club website is a breeze. The website is user-friendly and provides all the necessary information to make an informed decision. In case of any questions or issues, customer support is readily available to assist during the booking process. Pricing is transparent, and there are no hidden fees or surprises.

Customer Service: The customer service representatives of the Unlimited Vacation Club are highly responsive and helpful. They can be reached through various communication channels, including phone, email, and live chat. Inquiries, complaints, and issues are handled promptly and efficiently, ensuring a positive customer experience.

Member Experiences: Current and past members of the Unlimited Vacation Club have shared their testimonials and reviews, highlighting their overall satisfaction with their vacation experiences. The club offers a wide variety of activities and entertainment options, catering to different interests and preferences.

Flexibility and Limitations: The Unlimited Vacation Club provides flexibility when it comes to booking dates and changing reservations. However, there may be some restrictions or limitations on the usage of vacation benefits, which are clearly communicated to members. Policies regarding cancellations and refunds are fair and reasonable.

Additional Benefits: As a member of the Unlimited Vacation Club, you can enjoy additional benefits such as spa treatments, dining vouchers, and exclusive offers from partner travel-related companies. The club also provides access to special events or experiences, adding value to your vacation.

Transparency and Trustworthiness: The terms and conditions of the Unlimited Vacation Club are clear and transparent, with no hidden fees or restrictions. The club has a strong reputation in the industry and is affiliated with reputable travel organizations. It complies with industry standards and regulations, ensuring trustworthiness.

Overall Value: The Unlimited Vacation Club offers excellent value to its members. The pricing is competitive, and the benefits and perks provided are worth the investment. When compared to similar vacation clubs or travel services, the Unlimited Vacation Club stands out in terms of the quality of resorts and the variety of destinations offered. Potential customers should consider their travel preferences and budget to determine if the club is the right fit for them.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Unlimited Vacation Club contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Unlimited Vacation Club?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Unlimited Vacation Club Customer Service. Initial Unlimited Vacation Club complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Unlimited Vacation Club above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Unlimited Vacation Club. Discuss the issues you have had with Unlimited Vacation Club and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.