Complaints & Reviews

Useless vouchers

So we finally got through to the call center after hours of wasted wait time on the phone back in april and although I asked for a refund for our scheduled trip in may, given we are people in age ranges that are most at risk who don't know when we'll be able to fly again - if ever - they still said "no" - (textbook answer without regard for the human element in their customers) — issued e-credits instead — they issued the e-credits for 25% more than what we spent on original tickets... Nice you think?... Here's the catch and the scam... The vouchers can only be applied to the actual plane "fare" and taxes are charged separately — so, what's the value in having a voucher that you will lose 1/3 - 1/2 of at time of re-booking because you still have to put money out of your pocket for the "taxes" when you've already lost the money for the original tickets? Why should the consumer pay more to re-book flights that had to be cancelled because of a global pandemic? This airline is the worst - they claim they are the "ultra-low cost airline" but they actually charge for everything and anything and their customer service is non-existent — they cite "company policy" like robots to get out of doing what they should which is taking care of the consumer who, after all, is the only reason they're still in business in the first place. After three attempts to use the call center to no avail because they cannot actually do what they're meant to do: help - and realizing that my $218.97 voucher was really only worth a maximum of $110 (when one of the agents did the inputting and not me - when I did I was only getting $50 for fare and having to pay $120 in "taxes"!) and I would have to fork out of pocket $61.93 for "taxes" if I wanted to reserve travel that, given the new normal, I may still not be able to make... I have given up — volaris stole my original $350 dollars (for 2 tickets) and that's that. They don't give a damn about "service" only about fleecing the customer — they deserve to go bankrupt. I will never fly volaris again and everyone I know will hear about this unfortunate incident - with any luck they will go bankrupt. Btw: I was asked by the last agent I spoke with to write an email to the company requesting a refund which I did - not expecting anything to happen with it but at least I gave them a piece of my mind. Lousy company, lousy service, they should not be in business.

Excessive fee for changing the flight date due to covid-19

We where forced to change our flight dates due to the covid -19.
Ticket # ohrsqr
Karina zarate and my son marcell luciano spicer

In 2019 my aunt anna purchased 10 airline tickets from los angeles to oaxaca june 4, 2020.
My aunt called saturday and changed 7 tickets to sacramento to oaxaca with a cost of $30 each person for the difference.

On 5/21/20 thursday my aunt called for me and my son to change the tickets for the same date and they where charging $265 each or more depending the departure location. On 5/21/2020 three calls had to be made because the first two calls the volaris representative hung up the phone on us as we where talking. So my aunt made the third attempt to change the date. On the third call I spoke with william azevedo the volaris representative and he was helpful, but again he said "I read through the note of the other representative". That tell me that william knew our questions to change the dates and he gave us the same information as the previous representatives. William said let me ask my supervisor and then the phone hung up on us. All three volaris representatives said let me ask my supervisor and then the phone hung up.

My question was: can you find a flight leaving anywhere in california that the difference in cost would be at its minimal. California has a lot of airports. I was requesting the flight date of may 19, 2021 or it can be variable.

I still have not changed my airline ticket.

Flights

I made a reservation from Chicago to Zacatecas D9UP4G. This flight was canceled. So I did not go to Zacatecas. I've called Volaris many times for a refund with no solution. I've spent close to 10 hours on the phone trying to resolve this between long waits, transfers and disconnected calls.
I also wAnt a refund for the return flight E6UC6P.this is the return flight. If I didn't fly out to Zacatecas then I can't return, right? Volaris refuses to work with me. Can someone help please. I can be reached at [protected]

No way to communicate with the company to cancel flights due to covid-19.

I have been trying to call them, email them, messenger them since March 16th to cancel/refund my husband and my flight to Mexico City from Tijuana scheduled for May 18 - May 21 because both of us fall into the category of more vulnerable because of our ages (over 60) and the fact that we use CBX to access the airport since we live in San Diego and there's no "non-essential travel" happening there --- a voucher for future travel is moot because we cannot know when we will be able to travel again -- So it's looking more and more like we've either lost our $350 USD or I'll have to start dispute with the CC company to see if we can salvage that money. There is NO customer service - period --- I tried calling their US contact number for the "Call Center" various times -- different hours - to no avail -- after waiting for 30-40 minutes it drops the calls, I even tried calling Mexico and the exact same thing happens -- this company will certainly go bankrupt and they deserve to!

Offer to change flight without penalty but then show no flights available.

Volaris airline sent me an email April 10, 2020, that due to COVID 19, before April 15, 2020, I can change our April 30 round trip Tijuana to Mazatlan and return May 4, 2020, without penalty. They even sent visual instructions. On their visual instruction, the first step on their site is to first click the Mytrips button and choose "change flight". Pressing the "Mytrips" button does not bring up the menu indicated. It brings up a list of their customer service phone numbers. I called [protected], which is the US number and you eventually get put on hold with a wait time of 5 to more than 30 minutes. Never have I been connected with a volaris agent and have always been disconnected. I tried twelve times.
So, I then went online again going about making the change in a different manner. Got all the way to choosing the new flights. The message is no flights available and I checked numerous date combinations.
However, if one tries to buy a brand new ticket, there are available flights any day through 2021. Obviously, they are offering a ticket change with no penalty, but have blocked any future flight options for ticket changes, effectively making a ticket change impossible.

Since Volaris has a "no cancel" policy, the least they could do is make it possible to do as they promised in their email, allow us to change our ticket by offering the same flight options as are offered for new ticket buyers. We simply want to change 3 of our tickets to leave October 21, 2020 and return October 28, 2020 and change one other ticket to leave October 21, 2020 and return October 25, 2020.
I am expecting a reply within 24 hours.
Volaris needs to step up to the plate and do what they promised.
John Markey

offer to change flight without penalty but then show no flights available

Volaris airline sends me an email yesterday, April 10, 2020, that due to COVID 19, before April 15, 2020, we can change our May 16 round trip Queretaro to Cancun and return May 26, 2020, without penalty. Even sent visual instruction. On their visual instruction, the first step on their site is to first click the Mytrips button and choose "change flight". Pressing the "Mytrips" button does not bring up the menu indicated. It brings up a list of their customer service phone numbers. If one calls any of those numbers, they are on hold for 15 minutes, then disconnected. I tried three times, both with the U.S. number, and the Mexico number.
So, I then went online again going about making the change in a different manner. Got all the way to choosing the new flights and same thing.
All the flights are full through at least February 2021.

Since Volaris has a "no cancel" policy, the least they could do is make it possible to do as they promised in their email, allow us to change our ticket by offering the same flight options as are offered for new ticket buyers. We simply want to change our ticket to leave Jan 3, return Feb 5, 2021

Betty Bellomy

I wanted to cancel my flight due to the corona virus!!!

I had a planned fight 4/2/2020
I attempted to contact volaris many times by phone, email & website with no success! I been completely ignored by volaris airlines. It's a big shame an airlines would do this to so many people at least pick up the phone or email them back. I didn't go on my planned trip & volaris kept my hard earning money! This is the worse service ever!!!
Their email and phone lines have been down.

I wanted to cancel my flight due to the corona virus!!!

Cancel flight

I had a return Flight from Zacatecas to LAX on March 25, 2020. I tried getting my boarding pass hours before my flight but I could not. Either the web site was too busy or not funcioning. I went to Calera airport from a Ranch near Colotlan Jalisco, I paid $100 dollars for a taxi to the airprt. Upon arrival I was told my flight had been cancel and moved to the next day March 26, 2020. I had to take a taxi back which coast me $200 dollars plus lost time and money. I have complained to your company, they assigned Complaint # 1469138. I am a V-Club member and I use your airlines often. All I am asking for some type of re-inversement for my money and time loss. At the ranch I don't get service. I did not get an email or phone call to let me know my flight was canceled. when I got to the United States I started receiving my emails and one of yours was letting me know about my cancelation. Please let me know if you can help me with my money and time I lost.. Thank you Manuel Barajas [protected].

has to cancel my flight due to corona outbreak

I called your number, for several days, it dropped after lots of waiting, went to SJC airport to cancle/change it. They told me i have to pay [censored]ing $320 to exchange one way ticket for a date in Nov, tho if one wants to buy the same ticket for the same day in Nov price is about $150. Then i refused and the counter lady gave me the info to email Volaris in Spanish and ask for voucher, supposed to receive it up 72 hrs after i sent the email. Still nothing happened. its been 40 hrs now and no response. Sent another email and waiting, digging in whatever i can to get a voucher or MY money back. my flight( its a return ticket in April) is in few days and i just received an email from Volaris which reminded me to choose a seat.How nice!!! Seriously? Are you out of your mind? Dont you see the Corona crisis and many people has to cancel their flights?You should be liable toward your customer, I am a frequent flier and V-club member and still no luck to change my flight. I will hire a lawyer and sue your company not only for your horrible customer service, but for my husband is criticizing me that i cannot handle to cancle a ticket. You must have more sense of dealing with customers during struggling times. REFUND ME ASAP!

Manuel C Castro Apr 01, 2020

MY name is Manuel castro and I Made a recervation to go to mexico my reservation code is x9ufgm and vicause of pandemic of the corona virus Iwas not able to trabel and I BEEN TRAING TO CONTACT YOU several times uith no lack so i contact my bank and they goind todispute the charch on my credit card if you deside to contact me my phone # is 760 6464405 yours very thruly Manuel castro

Flight

I have been calling for days to change my flight. I have called at different times and the call drops. I just lost my flight to no fault of my own. I tried to follow your steps online and your stupid system doesn't work. I want my money back and I will continue to complaint until you guys refund me my money. You are the worst to handle difficult situations and take care of your customers.

• Mj
    Mjahani Mar 31, 2020

Hi there,
    any luck with Volaris? Facing same issue as yours...

Calls drop no representatives

Look u guys are horrible been calling for a week to get my flight changed u do no answer the line and the...

Impossible to get customer service agent!

I tried calling to change my flight due to Border being closed off to non-essential travel day before my flight departs. I tried calling at least 10 times during the day, but phone would immediately disconnect after selecting an option, or would disconnect after 5-10 minutes. I tried again after 11:00 pm hoping less busier, but same problems. I finally got a hold of an agent at 4:00AM. She could not change my flight due to me having used an electronic voucher with my flight. Apparently, this same voucher put a block on my reservation code for online change requests because I had no luck paying for the change request (credit card payment declining on all my credit cards). Anyways, the agent could not help me in any way! She told me to call the service number again [protected]) and select option 5. THERE IS NO OPTION 5 available!! I am awaiting email response from VOLARIS, as my family and I missed our flights! Hoping for some support, but I definitely am not getting a warm fuzzy feeling from Volaris.

Phone lines

So I've called multiple times to talk to somebody about my flight and I get put on hold for about 10 minutes then the call is dropped and i'm not able to get the I need. I've also tried email & Facebook Messenger and I get no response back, I know i'm not the only person with the same complaints about the poor phone service if you look at the comments others have said the same. I would hope I could get some assistance quickly because i'm not able to go onto my flight in 12 days because of this pandemic and I need some assistance in changing my flight or getting a refund as soon as possible.

flight 980 mexico to orlando mistreatment.

1) Unable to pay for baggages as it is a shared code (even tried over the phone). Then was charged $70 each ($140) at the airport.
2) Lost connection in spite of having 4 hours of layover as, according to your pilot the airport was closed. But the connecting flight departed even earlier!!
3) Diverted to Miami for refueling and then landed in orlando 4 hours later (total time on plane ~ 8 hours and not even water was offered).
4) After leaving the gate in Miami the plane rolled over runways for 1 hour (!!) without any word form the pilot.
5) Once in Orlando, your partner Frontier offered to rebook 4 day later!! (Jan 8th. claiming they couldn't do anything better (and even were doing us a favor as pour flight from mexico was share code with Volaris (???)
6) Had to spend the night in Orlando ($80) buy anothet ticket ($799 at $398 each). and handle our baggage again to get to MSP

We have used Volaris several times in mexico in the past with good results but this experience was so bad, it is hard to believe something like this could happen. Hard to forget.
At least expect baggage charges to be refunded as well as the cost of the ticket (either the one I pay to you or the one I had to purchase).

Sincerely

Francisco Peschard
[protected]

Francisco Peschard

airline ticket prices different on the web than

On 10/21/2019 I flew from Leon to Sacramento. I had one carry on bag that weighed 8 kilos. I was told I had to check it and was charged $50 US because the flight was full. The flight was not full and many other people had carry ons.

Today, Dec. 17th. I went to the web site to purchase to tickets from Leon to Sacramento and back. The total charges were $632.25. The site wouldn't confirm my purchase. When I called customer service they said the prices had gone up and they hadn't updated their website. I had to pay $704.06.

airline ticket prices different on the web than

unethical behavior to insist to purchase a service and not honor it.

I was told by the customer service representative to purchase the Volaris Wheel Chair Assistance to make sure...

counter assistance

I was at the airport on time and checking my baggage in before the hour. The lady next to the one helping me was closing my flight and argued with me for fifteen minutes about how she cannot reopen the flight. I had got there an hour before she supposedly said it closed. I asked to speak to a manager who was no help either.

They made me rebook my flight because they could not send my luggage on a separate flight causing me to stay an extra day in Mexico (also not allowing me to use the credit that the airline had given me or even allow me to transfer what I had paid in baggage fees of $100), wasting my time and money, made me miss my car rental, and work the following day. Costing me $500 USD total for my inconvenience. Apart from having to pay $100 USD to rebook my flight.

The customer service was one of the worst I have ever experienced. I will never fly with Volaris ever again.

Alexa

counter assistance

scamming bag prices at the boarding gate

First time flying Volaris. Flew from Seattle to Guadalajara to Cancun the first time and my carry on bag...

airline flight

Dear Management,
My complaint is with your airline, and this was my very first time I flew with your airline. 0n 07/26/19 I was flying out of Los Cabos airport, and my flight was delayed 2 hours, and when arriving to Mexico City, which was a layover, the flight was delayed 3 hours. My arrival time should of been 7:17 PM but my flight arrived at 4:00AM, Flight Y4783, Y4722, Aldana, Carlos, [protected]@yahoo.com, [protected]

worst customer service/scam

Worst airline ever!!! Bought tickets to Cancun. When we we're leaving Cancun they wouldn't let us check in...