University of Phoenixwhat education?

H Review updated:

I have been attending UOP for over a year now and have had nothing but problems. Learning teams are antiquated and really do not work at UOP. Most students stay with the same group for several classes. Once ensconced in a learning team, no outsiders are welcome to join. Instructors (oh I'm sorry they are facilitators) are aware, but don't care. So, your learning team completely ignores you and you end up with a failing grade because you didn't participate in your learning team. Sounds like the chicken and the egg huh? I haven't seen a dispersement check in ages and no one can explain to me why. Employers don't recognize UOP and credits don't transfer to a REAL school. I really wish I had never set foot on UOP soil.

If you or anyone you know is considering UOP, tell them to run as far and as fast as possible in the opposite direction.

• K
      Mar 07, 2010

If you have had nothing but problems then why are you still attending? You will end up with learning teams at any other online school so you might as well just get used to it. You don't have to be an online student to "not do" your work. I have had learning team members at a ground campus not show up for meetings and not participate in an assignment.

PS credits are transferable because I have done it. May want to do some mroe research before you bash an educational institution... Try getting into see a counselor at a ground class, and also try to get them to help you put together your schedule...They're useless, I graduated with 18 extra credits due to counseling issues. Try and transfer classes that don't even count towards your program while you were wasting your ime listening to anoher couselor, then you come talk to me.

• H
      Mar 31, 2010

HEY! Go easy on this student. I attended UOP over two years ago and I disagree with learning teams. The learning team was not what I expected it to be at all. I thought we would all put our share of ideas to work. Unfortunately, after doing so things did not go over well at all. This student who was on our team stated she would do her part in researching she did not we lack points on our presentation. Luckly, I followed my first ming and research the topic which brought the team back to an A+. I have my other fellow students to thank. I do not understande why we have learning teams. Oh! be sure to pay UOP. They will try and block you from transferring, you may want to contact a lawyer. Stay away from BMC I have heard something about them I say go to a real University like Avila this way you get what you expect and pay for in an education.