Travelodgetravelodge refused to refund for disgusting property!

M Jul 29, 2019

I reserved 2 nights at TrAvelodge Calgary South for July 26-28 2019. It was my daughter's wedding and I didn't need anything fancy, just clean and comfortable! I checked in, paid, and was disgusted on my way to my room and once I saw my room! The hallway stunk like old beer soaked carpet and my room had an old musty smell! The furniture was beat up and the bathroom was tiny and gross! The flooring throughout had laminate which felt dusty and overall the room felt cold - not in temperature, but atmosphere! The window did not have a screen either. The area is questionable as well!

I was disgusted with the building and my room so I immediately left the room and called Expedia because that's who I booked through. Expedia tried to advocate for me but TrAvelodge REFUSED TO REFUND MY MONEY! They finally agreed to cancel the second night but refused to refund my first night! At this point, I do not see the reversal of credit card charges or $100 deposit. I had to find a different hotel and I did! I stayed at the Sandman and only paid $8 more than TrAvelodge and the hotel was beautiful, clean, quiet and had great amenities including gym and indoor pool and hot tub!
TrAvelodge should have been refunding ALL of my money! It's not like I did not show up, I showed up, checked in and paid. I had full intentions of honouring my reservation but the TRAVELODGE WAS NOT ONLY TOTALLY DISAPPOINTING, but disgusting! Also - a man was peeing against the fence when I was in my car, on the phone with Expedia!
REFUND ALL OF NY MONEY TRAVELODGE! I will NEVER stay at any TrAvelodge adding!